Which fighting games have the best/worst hitboxes?

Which fighting games have the best/worst hitboxes?

Attached: kickboxes.jpg (4040x2400, 1.2M)

>Best
Pretty much everything by Capcom pre-SFV, or modern SNK.
>Worst
Smash isn't a fighter, but if it was, it'd win. Otherwise, any of the 3D Mortal Kombat games, take your pick. DBFZ and Melty Blood also have horrible hitboxes.

This.

I prefer as close to literal hitboxes as you can get when possible.

>no Smash
LOL

Attached: 1565455880774.png (257x193, 9K)

>being blind
It's no wonder so many Smashfags wear glasses.

wut

What’s wrong with smash hitboxes, other than you just being a faggot about the definition of fighting game?

t. Doesn't actually play fighting games

>Me see big number!
>Game good!
It makes me happy to know.smooth brains will never infect my games for this reason

Attached: 1564308932412.jpg (768x720, 121K)

did you not see it said Melee which uses the same type of bubble hitboxes that the future entries do

Any comparison with how the Soulborne series manage hitboxes ?
Not talking about the absurd shit in online mode or DS2's grab-through-your-roll-animation-but-wait-for-said-animation-to-finish-before-showing-the-grabbed-state - talking about "normal" play.
Or any 3D melee game that does hitboxes correctly.
Asking for the amateur dev thread, working on vaguely soul-ish game and if I have no fucking clue how to "properly" do hitbox stuff for a full 3D combat system instead of 2D/pseudo-2D like in fighting games.

Skullgirls, the hitboxes were worked over for countless hours leaving you with a satisfied hit everytime. The game is built for fun and skilled gameplay.
Unless you play peacock. Fuck you.

Attached: 1565743353588.png (590x681, 381K)

Attached: 1556432719082.jpg (854x640, 97K)

Tbh smash hitboxes are pretty good, some are really strange like certain linking hitboxes (I’ll never understand why marcina’s upsmash have scooping hitboxes on the sides but no particle effect for it) but the bubble setup seems to work really well for smash

You do know mortal kombat games are literal hitboxes right? they're tied to the models

Melee isn't a part of the Smash community.

casual here, what does the difference between SF and KoF actually do in term of gameplay ?

Newfag here. What's the red box and blue box?

Smash is faster and more movement-heavy than traditional fighters, if it had normal hitboxes it'd require unreasonable levels of precision. Also all combos and anything freeform would be dead.

When I saw the thumbnail I thought this was a monthy python thread

You can't anti-air for shit without some form on invulnerability if your hitbox is inside your hurtbox for the majority of your normals. You just end up trading or losing most of the time, depending on how horrible the jump-attack hitboxes are.
Also makes pokes in neutral more risky in general.

Okay Salem

That isn't how tekken hitboxes work

>best
anything 2d except gg

>worst
tekken

heh

Tekken hitboxes are great, seemingly 1:1 mapped to body parts
they're almost too good, you get random unexpected whiffs every now and then that 100% make sense visually

It would be nice if the animations made the low/mid/high properties more clear, though

I actively dislike Skullgirls' hitboxes. They make for inconsistent hits.

user was talking about hitboxes you twat

>indie developer does better hitboxes than fighting games with 1000x more funding
Skullgirls should be at evo.

SNK

Ayyy

Paired with built in crush properties on moves that look like they should hit.

But thats shit.

kek

Attached: 1457602216951.jpg (959x539, 78K)

Attached: DarkAshWinXIII.png (1200x700, 238K)

looks like those hitboxes are giving me the finger

Take a shower, stinky.

SF's are riskier and more exposed to counter

Attached: 30_drdoomhitbox.jpg (480x640, 91K)

Attached: svupv2mfe8a21.png (602x601, 16K)

That's some very approximative hitboxes.
So the consensus it that stuff like that feel better to play than Skullgirl's stuff ?

Attached: UMVC3 rapid slash.webm (1280x720, 1.07M)

Post that one Zero hitbox from when he does the spin in the air

tekken also has hitboxes, theyre 3d bubbles or something like that

>Marth_grabbing_Yoshi.gif

this one's possible because marth has a big grab and yoshi has a big nose.

Attached: bullshit.gif (458x270, 3.78M)