Persona 5 English Version coming Spring 2020

>7 months of waiting at best
Why do they do this, is is incompetence? Greed? Arrogance? They got the first 2 semesters already translated. Why the fuck do they need 7 more months for the extra content. Why does this happen?

Attached: P5English.png (805x791, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M3hU5lULhrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...waiting for that someone to post it...I know you are waiting for it...

So the same amount of waiting we had to do 3 years ago? Poetic full circle kino.

It's probably getting delayed so much for dubbing reasons. I doubt USA will also get their hands on the game at all to even attempt translation until they get a stable build of the game from Japan.

Atlus USA is massively incompetent.
I wish Sega would shut them down and rebuild already.

Style

It takes double the work to localize a game while developing it in Japanese. Read about a big Japanese game's development where it was simultaneous release and its actually a ton of work to coordinate between offices across the planet

So the short answer is: Atlus is lazy and don't want to do the work so they just localize it after the game is done

Attached: 65434542.jpg (312x300, 17K)

Over

it makes no sense because it's not like this is a new game. This is an expansion of an already released game which already has been translated. Why would they separate the release schedule when they already know that the west loves the game.

Because Atlus are lazy.

>Why does this happen?
Dubfags

Post what, user?

In the best case scenario, Atlus USA is revising the English script because it's awful and full of errors. I'm not holding my breath though.

>blah blah blah excuses excuses excuses
Other publishers can do simultaneous worldwide release, Atlus cannot

End of discussion

>Dubfags
fucking dubfags, I don't even play dub for this game. Why can't they just release the english voice in a future update.

>Fatlus took five fucking months to bring over Strange Journey without even dubbing it

Does it really take half a year to translate a game script that was already 90% copied from the original ten years ago? What the fuck were they doing all that time?

Attached: 1452285809804.gif (500x500, 210K)

It makes a certain degree of sense considering how much text is in the game. They have to do voices, subtitles, menus, errant dialogue, the whole nine, and THEN record all the voiced dialogue and work with a dozen actor's schedules which is always the hardest part.

Is this going to redo all the dungeons to not be shit? If not I dont care

>They have to do voices, subtitles, menus, errant dialogue, the whole nine, and THEN record all the voiced dialogue and work with a dozen actor's schedules which is always the hardest part.
So in conclusion: It's all dubfags' fault

Atlus USA is notoriously slow.

I think it is rather better than simultaneous release:

if they could do, then they need to plan to make a game with coordination with localize stuff since the stage of initial developing, but which could cause a risk of the possibility that these localizers inform developers "western sensibility and preference" like VC4 was made in that way. And in the case of persona, there are a lot of "demands" to "preach" in the west.

but, unfortunately, sooner or later, this will happen because Sega games CEO himself is saying "making a game for global" as a mantra, then actually they started to release the game for the world simultaneously and for steam as well. It is just not in the case of Atlus at this point, because even though Atlus was acquired by Sega, they are still standalone and independently developing their games. But as I said above, this will be changing slowly with being accepted support of Sega. I would not be surprised next big Atlus game will be simultaneously released to the world.

Which is entirely doable. FE3H got a simultaneous release not long. Atlus just doesn’t give a shit about anyone outside Japan and doesn’t bother coordinating with the US.

If you could read Japanese in the first place, you wouldn't be complaining.

So long as you don't expect them on pc lmao

Because they’re translating the game instead of (((localizing))) it.
It takes time.

You want to try that again but in English?

I know /pol/ being retarded shouldn’t come as a surprise, but you do realize localization takes more time, right?

>Atlus forced people to not stream the game at all when it first came out despite the game being out for months prior in Japan
>Now this shit

It's not like there aren't ways around that if you have a capture card.

nah, they will be releasing a game including atlus games in the near future
Japanese publishers have already realized releasing a game to multi-platforms as much as they can will only make benefits for them

We had this conversation about a dozen times a thread when people thought P5 was coming to Switch. Atlus are the most loyal hoe around and to them, SMT is a Nintendo series and Persona is a Playstation series. That's the way of it.

which is why I said:

>So the short answer is: Atlus is lazy and don't want to do the work so they just localize it after the game is done

Its not that they cannot do it, they don't want to do it because its too much work for them

>live in Japan
>get to play all the JP games before they are released in the west
feelsgoodman

Try not being ESL. He kind of wrote it as a block of text, but you're retarded if you couldn't understand that

how much "problematic" shit they gonna censor lmao

I'm fine with this, it means 4 months of infodumps and planning ahead for when I get it so I can work around any changes that were put in or patched out. I hope the money glitch is still in.

>buying the same game at full price twice

Can you Redditors keep your boogeyman out of a single thread? Anyway, he's wrong too because Atlus USA translations are notoriously shitty anyway

it will change soon. just read what Sega CEO is saying. at least, they will release Yakuza games which were adhering to consoles before to steam as well. there is no reason they will keep avoiding PC market that is already known as really profitable market even for Japanese big publishers.

Atlus USA exists to translate Sega's weebshit like Yakuza and Sakura Wars lol

Just like Catherine (Classic) is Sony exclusive? It's not about loyalty, they're just traditional and against PC releases. Nintendo aside, their games will definitely come to PC within a few years

First of all:
>same game
Second, it might surprise you but there are people who could actually love a game so much that they want to support the developers and also enjoy more content from them. Also $60 is cheap for a working adult.

Yakuza is an in-house production they have full control over and Atlus, as you said, are fiercely independent. That they control what work they do was probably part of their initial negotiation.

So what's the point of buying this game if I already 100%'d Persona 5?

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Yeah, Catherine was a one-off game Hashino did to try something new. No history means they don't feel the compulsion to remain loyal with it.
How many years have people been begging for SMT or Persona on PC? How many times has it panned out? No one tells the bread-winning sereis what to do unless they want a dev revolt.

an additional third semester, new battle mechanics, new characters, new CGs, new story, new dungeons, and overall it makes you relive Persona 5 again in a new perspective.

Dubfags slowing us down, imagine playing japanese highschool sim in american lol

do they fix the original dungeons?

PQ2 didn't get a dub and that took 7 months too

>in american

Attached: 1501814272079.jpg (278x285, 22K)

did you know now they are in the same facility because Sega brought them together to further internal cooperation with other divisions in the company? They can still make a game as what they want, but how to sell to the world is the strategy that only their parent can decide.

>How many years have people been begging for SMT or Persona on PC? How many times has it panned out?
That's a stupid argument because times change. PC gaming has gotten exponentially more popular worldwide, Japan included. It'll definitely happen soon, whether Sega is the one to do it, or Atlus themself

idk but they're adding new puzzles and areas and shit nigga

Enjoy missing out on a lot of dialogue that Atlus USA was too lazy to add subtitles for

considering we're getting new battle mechanics and I doubt they would only let us use them on new dungeons then I guess they would alter the old dungeons to it

>How many years have people been begging for SMT or Persona on PC? How many times has it panned out?
You autists said this about every franchise that wasn't but now is on PC. With Yakuza, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Catherine, and many more games -- there's really no logical reasoning behind your statements.

Attached: NieRAutomata 2019-01-09 01-13-07.jpg (4480x2520, 2.53M)

>new story
To what extent?
What new mechanics are we getting?

His English is fucked but it makes sense.
To put in a better less ESL way;
Simultaneous releases are worse because this would give the localizers(see. Assholes with agendas to push) the chance to push for things that the Japs would never include, in the name of "western sensibilities" aka cancer.
This is all the more obvious with faggots wanting Persona to have faggot relationships and to "treat gays with respect" or in laymans terms, have no fucking comedy that dares make light of them.
Japs don't care about that shit, but a simultaneous release would give the faggots a chance to get their voices heard to make sure the game is "acceptable for western standards" since it's releasing at the same time.

it certainly isn't English

>PQ2 didn't get a dub and that took 7 months too
PQ2 is an entirely new game. P5R is an expansion on top of a base game that has already been translated. This justification is not good.

>To what extent?
the entire third semester is a brand new story. Also the new waifu Kasumi has her own interactions with Joker.
>What new mechanics are we getting?
For one thing, we get tag team attacks from members with each other. You can youtube the examples if you want. Also Futaba will play a more active role rather than occasional buff and saying "Looking cool, Joker!"

thanks, burger.

meh, so it's literally nothing then. Not worth a buy I guess

Grappling hooks

@474790285
Oh so you're just shitposting then, got it. No more (You)s for you.

Even in the US, you can order the JP version and get it about 3 days after it comes out n Japan. You can order Catherine Fullbody and have a JP version right now.

????

youtube.com/watch?v=M3hU5lULhrc

>and overall it makes you relive Persona 5 again in a new perspective
Yeah no thanks. Persona 5 was already WAY too long. Fuck Atlus

this but unironically

>complaining a good game having to much content
nigger what? If anything I wished it was longer. That's the entire point of being hype for P5Royal

"content" being boring ass dungeons and sidequest filler that literally no one gives a shit about

>they don't want to do it because its too much work for them
Or it could be they just don't want to give the west any control over them.

>Names aren't even pronounced properly
I mean, he isn't wrong.

I agree regarding the side quests but the dungeons being boring? I never once thought of that except the boat one because of the rat shit. If what you mean is that ever since Kamoshida's that the others pale in comparison then sure but the dungeons are all still fun and have very good designs.

Is Kasumi replacing any of your pre established waifus?

My waifu is for laifu

fucking hell i just cleared winter finals and the game is doing nothing but building dread
cant advance in tartarus, the sixth block is barred
cant do requests other than a couple fusion and combo spells
im basically at the softcap here in block five and raising my level any further now is pointless
and all my friends are trying to cope with their own potential deaths and the overwhelming force of fighting an enemy that cannot be defeated
max stats and my night links are complete too
the game is good

Sucks even worse because the P5 english translation sucked dick, cant imagine what it was like for other languages

>having to much content
>to
Retard adding "content" to a game is easy. It's called padding. You know how easy it is to make a game longer? Give enemies way too much HP so they take forever to kill. That's just adding a few zeroes and you're done

there is only english and japanese. no german, french,spanish etc.

Even worse, wow

"it cant be helped"

Haha. I love being part of the only country the world cares about besides their own

All this means is that I should stop playing P5 now & just wait until Royal comes out next year. $20 well wasted, Atlus.

>game sells better in the west than east
>continues to treat the west as second class citizens

Attached: 1553526483124.jpg (640x480, 37K)

>it actually CAN be helped
>they're just lazy

Are they gonna fix the script because it read like ass.

>Let west have control and a say
>sales die because only SJW faggots get into localization companies so the shit they force in is just retardera approved faggotry
AtlusJP are doing you a favor.

If it makes you feel any better I don't need the translation but I'll still not get it anyway.

Royal will be different enough and you should finish 5 now to enjoy the improvements more

if you already have the game then I'd suggest you just finish P5 right now. Royal will definitely feel different when you play it and it's still 7 motnhs away anyway.

Anyone gonna be buying Catherine to play in the meantime? I always wanted to play it but never had a PS3.

Attached: Catherine.jpg (515x640, 79K)

i bought on steam
is good
i no finish game
i never finish dumuzid fight

catherine is canon to persona, by the way

cameos no canon friend
i reason with brain

I've never played the game so I have no idea what this means. Are there some cameos from Persona 4 characters or something?

Atlus USA are the only ones that still take over half a year to localize a game in 2019. How could anyone defend this?

*in 2020
it realeae in spring friend

I think he meant PQ2

Vincent appears as an NPC in Club Escapade in Persona 3 Portable, where he'll tell you about his recent dreams and about being unfaithful to his girlfriend.

The west isn't relevant.

Can't remember who said it but apparently even though they have the script Atlus won't let them translate until it releases in Japan

Oh that's pretty awesome actually. That shouldn't surprise me, I just found out Yu from P4 was in BlazBlue Crosstag too. I'm a little behind the times of this stuff.

>How could anyone defend this?
no one is. Which is why everyone is compaining itt

>The west isn't relevant.
the country isn't but the language is. That's the price for being an international language worldwide.

They got wary ever since the KH3 fiasco but 7 months is still too extreme

what KH3 fiasco

It's neat cause Catherine was released two years after P3P, so he technically appeared in Persona first.

I'm thinking the nig who stole a bunch of copies of the game on xbox before it released and sold them for what can only be assumed to be money for drugs, but I could be wrong.

KH3 was planned to release worldwide and because that means the game can be datamined in english KH3 was leaked and spoiled months in advance due to some jackasses who stole copies from a warehouse and backalley sold them

And then we found out they deliberately removed the ending with the intention of patching it in later because they knew it would happen

Was Persona 5 as good as everyone said it was? Or is it just a meme?

Attached: bitches and whores.jpg (428x371, 42K)

it's really great for me but it's because I enjoy the dating sim/school life mechanic so for me it really feels like living as the main character. The dungeons are fun and unique as well and the battle can be challenging too depending on the difficulty you chose. Overall I would recommend playing this game. The visual direction is top notch and the soundtrack is amazing.

I wish "/pol/" would filter to "I have a dirty rotten bottom" just to shut you fucking whiny pussies up. FUCK

It is a good JRPG, but the people who act like it is the best thing ever have always confused me. Neat ideas, wonky execution. If you think about anything aspect of the writing for too long it does kind of crumble or expose itself as shallow, but that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable. I think that is more apparent here cause they are attempting to tackle such big issues, yet doesn't have a flexible enough system or experienced enough writers. Probably not helped by the development hell.

I've never really understood the high praise, but there are worse out there. The game front loads a lot of the positives and best parts, so my only guess is to why it is overly praised is making really good first impressions counts for more than overall execution.

It's a bad game. General gameplay loop is enjoyable enough, but it's very flawed in every aspect and much worse than P3 and P4.

>much worse than P3 and P4.
It isn't that it necessarily does stuff worse than P4, but that it aims higher while not even coming close. Like with the confidants/s-links. P4 goes for small scale personal problems, some are kind of dumb and drag but by being a focused personal story it isn't so much of an issue. The mechanic is appropriate for the scale of issues being tackled, and some still sucked. P5 wanted to go full on we live in a society, while not really knowing how to tackle and issue like a cult or extreme abuse in a family. So you either get people impressed that it even had a story with such issues, or ones upset it really didn't know how to handle these issues. Despite the overall quality of writing not really dropping that much

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

My main problem with confidants in 5 was that all of them work the same. And most of the time they are not even about the person you're talking to, but about someone else who poses some problems to them. Then you go to Mementos, fight that person's shadow, everything magically resolves and you call it a day. What was even a point?

Will I be able to use a P5 new game+ save for Royal or do I have to start from scratch?

You get some free bonus stuff to make replaying a little easier statwise otherwise no.
Enjoy your re-grind.

How is it greedy to delay the release of something?
Are gamers all these dense?

>My main problem with confidants in 5 was that all of them work the same
There are a few that break the mold, I don't think the format is the issue but rather how lame the conclusion is. Helping deal with someone's issue makes sense from what the game is about, and it makes you feel like every action isn't just random shit but direct work for your general goal. But it nearly always has a stupid turn and conclusion. Like oh your boss was jealous of you as a journalist/doctor so he made your life hell. So many times you could have been given very interesting antagonistic forces, instead you get very petty issues that are not an issue ever again. Mementos aren't the horrendous concept they get made out to be, just horribly executed.

Which also feeds into the issue of s links not matching up with story. Something all the games suffered from mind you. It compounds my feeling that P5 wasn't much of and advancement given the development time.

That's not what shitposting means, Reddit.

t. P5baby

The annoying thing is that it'll probably be literally nothing interesting. Just some basic money and healing items etc. Wished you got some exclusive costumes or something

iirc you'll get the dancing costumes

>figure I'd just buy the Japan version when it comes out instead
>base version costs 85$
Atlus really are jews huh

Attached: 1565017689333.jpg (202x243, 8K)

Honestly the complete lack of drama over this whole re-release kinda surprises me. Not even fighting games do that now, and people still freak out if there is DLC for any game.

A RIVER IN A DRYLAAAAAAAANNNDDDDD

I think the Japs are used to being shafted like this, a lot of their games are marked up that high for whatever fucking reason

Because re-releases are worth more than DLCs and are less of a hassle to customers in
comparison. But in this case in particular it's because the Persona fandom has been bred over the years to expect and want re-releases to happen with glee.

Here's your same game at full price bro

This hell fucking Sonic forces of all things came out faster

They do this because english voice actors are shitty entitled shits that can't get it right the first 10 times. English dubbing takes way longer than JP dubbing because they suck at their jobs and sjws gatekeep these dubbing jobs so nobody else can get them.

Jerking off no doubt

gameplay is ok, but the rest is mediocre at best, story is garbage and some of the characters are a bunch of retards or annoying cunts, for example Makoto
>she's the smartest in the group, act like a retard and follow the drug dealer
but i guess people praise the game because muh waifu make my dick hard.

Attached: 1444167031662.jpg (600x450, 100K)

>They got the first 2 semesters already translated.
You don't seem to understand what this game is. It changes everything throughout, doesn't only add another semester at the end.

That being said yes it's too long.

picking a release date isn't just about how long it takes them to translate the game or make it to begin with, it's about what other games come out for it to compete with, and if they have enough games releasing that quarter

you don't know who you're talking about.

that was just a convenient excuse for not finishing the game before the master went out

sega of america's localizers before they acquired atlus USA were even less competent and when atlus USA moved in they got appointed to work on sega games. formally atlus USA will cease to exist soon, but in name only, it will really be the sega staff that got edged out.

Yeah preordered cause that steelbook looks BEAUTIFUL

>Spring 2020
I can tell you right now that in the west nothing of value is releasing in that or any period earlier in the year time frame. Especially not anything that will affect Persona releasing in the west. Hell end of this year too. December has no worthwhile games coming out yet.

Attached: 1557410549858m.jpg (1024x780, 86K)

then it's to look good in sega's quarterly earnings

It's a completely different Persona 5 halfway through.

That's what Sakura Taisen is for

FFVII remake and Cyberpunk nigga