Why does Skyrim have so much SOUL?

Why does Skyrim have so much SOUL?

Attached: ss_5d19c69d33abca6f6271d75f371d4241c0d6b2d1.1920x1080[1].jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

skyrim is fun and i enjoy it, ive probably put at least 1k hours into it

TES 3-5 are all pretty soulful. I guess that's why it's my favorite series.

>early 10s grey filter
>mediocre soundtrack compared to Oblivion
>anemic quest content and role playing
>power fantasy story
>sluggish clunky combat
>no humor
>no radiant AI

Yeah i dont think so, Skyrim was the beginning of the end for BGS as we knew it in the previous decade.

Attached: 1462329064158.png (1040x1040, 554K)

those days are long gone fags, the next elder scrolls is gonna have micro x , half the length, 4/5ths the size. next to no side content beyond 5 faction questlines wich will be required for the main 1 and 5 to8 daedra quests. and like 10 10$ dlc expainsions that should have been in the game from the start. todd howards dicks gonna be so from all the ass ramming hes giving nostalgia fags hes gonna need a industrial strength motorized hydralic pump hooked up to his blood system so he can still manae to rape the rest of the normal fags. oh yeah and itll use the same busted engine but upgraded.

Todd sacrifice some of his soul put into Skyrim

Attached: todd.jpg (938x896, 51K)

15k hours and climbing

You can turn it into a comfy survival game with mods so it's got that going for it unlike that trash heap that is Oblivion.

I've lived long enough to see Yea Forums stop shitting on Skyrim? What the fuck?

Attached: 8f25a70712afaa2c628599ef29c0fb268f4518d7a6046a0463d9990f6cd9eaa5.jpg (482x427, 36K)

aaah the witcher 3 is better

The older something gets the more SOUUUUUUUUUUUL it gets on this retarded ass board. Skyrim is 7 years old now.

Because it’s filled with you sucking up dragon souls.

>7 years
I meant 8

It's just sad to realise that everyone claiming they were contrarians who only loved Morrowind because it was old, and hated Skyrim because it was new... were actually right.

It will only take a few years before they're claiming DmC is the best in the series.

Remember way back when Yea Forums was all about shitting on Oblivion?

>boring and unoriginal OP image
This is how you get a low amount of replies in a thread.
It shows your lack of creativity. Dumb template retard.

based

There hasn't been a good elder scrolls game since morrowind and you're all faggots.

I have only ever played Skyrim up to killing the dragon outside Whiterun. It's an awful game and Todd Howard should be locked in a little box and thrown into the ocean. I will make it happen. I'm coming for you, Todd.

>muh morrowind

Consolecucks will never stop shitting on it. They will never play it with Requiem or similar mods.

>better OST than oblivion
>better world design than oblivion
>better story and sidequests than oblivion
>vastly superior guild quest lines than oblivion
>less retarded enemy leveling than oblivion
>...
>not babies first TES game

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug, huh.

I appreciate Skyrim for being one of the biggest steps forwards for open world games. I know the jaded fucks of Yea Forums hate it for that very reason, often for very good reasons, but it still inspired developers all around the world to build on that framework and push the idea of player freedom forward. Sadly, the Elder Scrolls will likely never live up to it's full potential as a series as the IP is shackled to rotting company with no writing or technical abilities at all. Jeremy Soule is the only reason Skyrim has any of that "soul" you were talking about at all. Without his genius The Elder Scrolls games would feel more like what they actually are, half-assed, half-done tech demos.

Isn't it to the contrary though? The 'open world' games of today feel limited as shit. Player freedom as a concept doesn't appear to be pushed forward at all, and especially not by Skyrim, whose 'player freedom' amounts to what bland quests you do first and what mods you install. And the music fucking sucks, too.

The sidequests are way better in Oblivion. Especially the various guilds. Everything gameplay related is better in Skyrim. and especially the perks that actually affect how you play the game, unlike the skills in the older games that only affect your damage or accuracy.