Discuss

Discuss.

Attached: terraria je.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/usohbdgdf
youtu.be/_vh2BACkmQQ?t=71
youtube.com/watch?v=hnW2evcE7ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Expert mode kicks my teeth in on a regular basis. I can only dread how shitty the new mode will be

Your fault for being shit, user. Holy shit.

its over

It true, I don't have the reflexes for vidya anymore. Good thing the summoner class plays the game for u

Hey guys lets go to the Apache

once you you’ve played through expert once or twice it and get used to boss patterns it isn’t that hard. only expert boss I fucking hate is moonlord because if you fuck it up you have to do the whole event again.

its not out yet faggot

eat shit nigger

when

Nice maybe now they'll create a good game

What's bad about the game now?

how long until somebody erases an entire large world and makes it one single uninterrupted rube goldberg golf machine?

The issue isn't that it's difficult. The issue is that it requires perfect preparation. You need to have the perfect arena, complete with heart and star generating statues; you have to have every buff imaginable.
I think all of that just takes way too much time. If you fail, you have to go spend time farming for the ingredients for those buff potions all over again, and that farming just gets old after a while.

I can't get past golem
I think i only did it once with melee armor vampire knives.

Nah, I just do most bosses without an arena and still usually never get hit, you're just shit LOL!

You're both shitty and autistic.
>Golem
>the easiest boss

Attached: AIDS_IRL.png (558x195, 78K)

Expert mode golem.
How do you kill it in that tiny ass room with massive health regen?

shoot it until it dies

you don’t even need pots for a lot of fights as long as you just get good at dodging and learning boss patterns

>massive health regen
What in the everloving fuck are you talking about?

okay fuckers should i kill queen bee or skeletron first on my thrower run in expert mode?

Queen bee for those sweet, sweet beenades.

alright. should i get a (warding) bezoar first?

golem is one of the easiest expert mode bosses

Sure.

I sure hope my favourite class Summoner gets more cool guns otherwise the update is shit.

Agreed. Its like everyone who says "lol just dodge" expects you to be at the level where you can do Skeletron naked. The average player is off course going to take hits now and then

FUCKING WHEN

About as long as it took that one guy to build a functioning calculator that works entirely through glitching skeletons through walls and into lava

Why would the average player play "expert mode"?

>It's another "state of the game thread says absolutely fucking nothing about the release date"
Oh boy my favorite

because nobody fucking knows when its coming out
go scream at red on his discord if you've got a problem with it

THE UPDATE NEEDS TO COME OUT, GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I WANT TO PLAY TERRARIA SO BADLY BUT I HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT UPDATE SO I DON'T GET BURNED OUT BEFORE NEW CONTENT ARRIVES

Attached: 1537621293273.png (1536x2048, 3.22M)

You can play with me, user.
steamcommunity.com/id/usohbdgdf

Because Yea Forums will call them a weenie otherwise (plus exclusive drops)

>go scream at red on his discord if you've got a problem with it
Fine. I'm gonna go do that. I can't fucking stand the update taking so long even though I've had the itch to play Terraria for like a month now.

>A working calculator that works because skeletons glitch through walls and fall into lava
What the fuck

I wish this and the project zomboid update weren't releasing so close to wow classic.

>project zomboid update
What's in the update? Are npcs back in yet?
Never played a game that functionally lost content over the course of 7 years until that game.

get in the apache

youtu.be/_vh2BACkmQQ?t=71

Unfortunately the video is kinda ruined because he explained how it works with annotations and those are gone, but you can still see him pulling levers and having skeletons zip around at the speed of sound and then numbers pop up

Graphics, animations and sound overhaul, new blade weapons, new guns, new clothing options. No npcs to speak of. They were first talking about this animations stuff in 2016 iirc.

I'm not fanboy defending the games long ass development or anything but I do have fun playing it.

hey man last time i played im pretty sure there were no apaches in terraria

luckily for you this update probably isn't releasing anywhere close to wow classic

Terraria update's not coming until probably December, along with other updates like Zomboid and Dwarf Fortress.
You have plenty of time to do everything there is to do in WoW Classic before the updates come out, bugs are hotfixed and mods are updated.

post dem screenshots

Attached: terraria.png (1920x1080, 3.39M)

It is literally impossible to have too much ammo.

Attached: I have a problem.png (701x363, 261K)

I mean you're just shit but k.

>project zomboid
Fuck, it’s been so many years.
I remember story mode being extremely kino, maybe I should get back to it.

Where is the fucking update?!?!?!

Do I start a new character when the update drops or should I at least try to build a foundation first? I don’t want to get burned out before I get to the sick new shit when it comes out.

Attached: asura's wrath.jpg (1920x1018, 628K)

Attached: angler room.png (322x282, 30K)

I beat it on expert just for the cthulhu shield and the extra equip slot.

I feel retarded for playing the mobile version

Attached: 1566122435207.png (520x318, 207K)

So will there be a boss for the Hallow yet?

you are

I needed something to do when I'm outside and I'm not playing those gacha games man

You're the boss

Attached: 1560102673208.gif (544x560, 438K)

Now that’s the inventory of a true rangedbro

ty, user c:

Attached: hugg.gif (480x270, 2.87M)

Reminder that melee is gay and yoyos are S O Y.

Not if you craft shitloads of his summoning item.

I'm making a lighthouse

Attached: Capture 2019-08-20 17_43_34.png (1360x1968, 866K)

vanilla server never

>free update
All I care about.

Fucking finally got The Axe. Why the fuck is it so hard to drop

Attached: 1544688677527.jpg (1920x1080, 314K)

idk man
red said it was just 3x damage compared to 2x damage in expert, with no new loot
sounds really shitty

>low chance
>slow to farm
no idea user

f-f-f-fucking decimated
(user is now 9/10th of the man he once was)

>got a legendary axe within the first 1 or 2 plantera kills
legit thought it was just a regular boss drop from him until I saw the 0.5% chance

never ever

What’s the point to a new mode if there’s no extra loot?

for the sadomasochists

Attached: lalatina 2.jpg (233x216, 9K)

>You need to have the perfect arena
Fuck this.
Building an arena for a boss is my absolute last resort.

>Life 5695/1023
Meh, mods are weird.

it actually pisses me off that moonlord doesn't need an arena
you just fly around the map in zig zags and win 100x easier than making an arena

Damn, and I thought I was pro for killing him on my first try on expert mode after summoning him by mistake

but you can have too little inventory space
i guess the money trough mitigates things a bit but still holy shit dude

>Journey's End
So what will happen next?

Terraria 2's cancellation

Have they announced the release date yet?

Yeah, it's Q4______

As someone from mineman, how restrictive is terraria? Can I carve out a whole landfill and make a afk grinder? Can I cheese bosses because the devs can't code to save their lives? Can I do something similar to redstones and make a automatic item sorter? Can I just cobble random shit together and it'll work as a house? Is the exploration way better than minecraft?

>WAAAAAHH WHY DO I HAVE TO PUT IN EFFORT TO BEAT THE HARD MODE OF A GAME WHY CANT EVERYTHING CATER TO ME!!
subhumans like this are the reason almost every single game on the market eventually gets casualized via updates or sequels.

this subhuman parasite just can't accept that there's a completely optional part of the game that caters to a group other than him.

Attached: 15926387409201.png (300x300, 71K)

preparation is fun though.

based brad from lisa the painful

>no
>kind of
>probably
>kind of
>yes
Casualization is the Jew.

not him but
>read 'kind of' as 'kino' and 'yes' as 'yikes'
I been here too long

Mineman?

Anyone gonna mention Calamity mod? The base game is piss easy even on expert or/and mediumcore

Attached: awww.png (396x396, 178K)

Can you not move the altar before you kill it for the first time? I thought you could.

mods suck dude

Attached: mettaton.png (710x911, 757K)

The FUCK man?

You only say that because you haven't tried it out

youtube.com/watch?v=hnW2evcE7ws

fuck you you're probably right

Attached: monotonetim.png (407x720, 635K)

actually wait, I mistook shitty cringe calamity for the other less autistic mods. so fuck you you're wrong.
thanks, this shit is awful

Shame, you almost had potential

It's cool, user, we've all had our laughs, you can stop pretending

>building an arena
>wandering around in the cave system of your world, maybe even making another one just to find randomly generated heart and star statues
>waiting for plants to grow to make potions
Expert mode wouldn't be so bad if the preparations you have to do for the bosses weren't so mind numbingly boring

>arena
This is fucking standard.
>plants
Your mistake is being a brainlet and not preparing in advance.
>using star/heart statues
fag

Movement in Terraria is such a chore before you get wings. Also defense needs to be buffed slightly because ranged/magic > melee

>what are bottles
>what are balloons
>what are grappling hooks
>what are mounts
>what is the shield
Unironically kill yourself for being so retarded.

It's makes me happy that terarria got this far and sad that Starbound got even worse instead. It also makes me angry that the bar has been raised so high in this genre that nobody else can make a Terraria clone without being compared to something so good.

Attached: 1566076782541.png (2254x1421, 618K)

>This is fucking standard.
Doesn't make it fun and it isn't required for quite a few bosses if you're not shit
>Your mistake is being a brainlet and not preparing in advance.
>It's not boring if you did the boring thing in advance
>fag
They're better than tping to the nurse whenever you lose too much HP
Come with some actual arguments nigger

melee sucks ass tho

>arena
Takes 5 minutes tops, all you need is a few layers of platforms spaced apart 10 blocks.
>plants
Buy some planters from the dryad and put seeds in them. Lifetime supply of free plants.
>heart/star statue
You don't need it if you have a charm of myths like a normal human being.
The suicide recommendation was for everything but the melee buffs.

There needs to be a mod that turns off biome spread that doesn't arbitrarily stop working post hardmode because apparently the creator of the mod feels like it.

But biomes don't even spread prehardmode.

>Takes 5 minutes tops
Except you're gonna have to make a couple of them since some bosses are stuck in certain biomes like Plantera
>Buy some planters from the dryad and put seeds in them. Lifetime supply of free plants.
It's still not fun
>wasting a slot on the charm of myths when even tping to the nurse is better

Then that's 10 minutes in the entire game for arenas. Maybe 15 if you bomb out an arena for plantera.
>tping to the nurse
Holy shit, how bad at the game are you?

You fucking autist. Just make a wall and some shitty platforms. Do you not know how to fucking dodge?

Attached: how2cheesegolem.png (800x600, 72K)

>Fuck up and redo it all again
Just do a regen build and you can literally stand still and kill him.
>star dragon staff
>full valhalla armor
>ballista staff
>full regen accessories + cross necklace
>all warding
>stand in honey with a heart lantern and fireplace nearby
>attack him with the solar eruption
>iron skin potion and regen potion, preferebly summoning potion and other potions as well
>make a solid roof above your head

Attempted Expert Mode Mediumcore and dropped like 2 days ago. I have died, lost my gear (as in, lost the coordinates, I play without a map), died another 3 times, then gave up.
There is still hope for that world and character, because hellevator and railways are built, and there's a hefty stockpile of hardmode ore. But I'm burned out for now, and some accessories are gone forever, unless I travel between worlds.

this game is shit

>wastes accessory slot on the charm of myths when there are better accessories you can use to dodge and deal damage since you can just tp to the nurse if you're not retarded and made a shack for her near the arena
And plantera is probably the one boss you need an arena for since fighting in the jungle is ass

Nigger, TPing to the nurse is a crutch for newfags and downies.

Just buy some actuators from the mechanic and remove the platforms undearneath the altar, pick it up and move the altar to your base.

That doesn't make it inferior to the charm of myths retard-kun

Attached: 1558396071595.png (159x161, 21K)

I have some integrity and respect for the game to not cheese it like a little faggot like you. Kill yourself.

Just because you're autistic and don't realise that the nurse exists to be used as an emergency healthpack doesn't make it cheese

Attached: 1551750749866.jpg (566x480, 54K)

The nurse is literally there for that reason bro.

What a fucking awful terraria thread. Kill yourselves you stupid zoomer niggers

Nigger, the nurse exists so you can replenish the other half of your health once you respawn and occasionally fly back to get healed during events.
You're not a nigger, and the nurse exists so you can replenish the other half of your health once you respawn and occasionally fly back to get healed during events.

>The nurse exists for these reasons only and not anything else because I say so
Whatever you say retard

Attached: 1565084398053.png (437x418, 307K)

not worth it imo
the mechanics are really in-depth but there's really just nothing to do until npc's are added

The same to you.

I never claimed the nurse only exists as a healthpack for bosses, she's a healthpack for when your pots are on cooldown no matter the situation retard

Attached: 1555858548944.jpg (640x1080, 177K)

No new loot? That's incredibly dissappointing why are they cheaping out with Journey's End.

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory.
Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

>t. autist
Do you use melee armor for the defence and complain because you're constantly running out of mana and your weapons don't do enough damage? Just end yourself.
>this decimates the cheesefag

>getting so butthurt because I'm right that you respond to an autistic copypasta that doesn't even prove me wrong
And I wouldn't use melee armor since it's garbage as is the melee "class" since bosses still deal a ton of damage but you can't heal more often than ranged characters and you don't deal more damage

Attached: 1539921967426.jpg (189x200, 11K)

>enjoy this game for years
>look at a thread for it
>see this
and this is why games are best enjoyed alone, without interacting with communities

Well, this exactly sums up your response to the challenges that the game gave you. Now kill yourself.
This is indeed true.

I only wish for a stable Yea Forums server with new characters when the update comes out.

I wish for to 41% itself.

It's a game from 2011 that hasn't gotten a significant update since 2016, what there is to talk about has been talked about

>poorly balanced classes is challenge now
There's a reason why lategame melee weapons all have some ranged attack slapped onto them or are ranged weapons that the game says is melee for no good reason. Stop trying to defend the garbage parts of the game

What are you talking about? I didn't say melee was good even a single time.

You know man, I'm just jumping into the discussion, but I don't see why you need to be so butthurt about the way they use the nurse. if the game offers the option to manipulate NPCs to your advantage, then it's a legit game mechanic, and if you think it's some broken or cheating shit, then it should be the developer to worry about it and not the players.

Then this part doesn't mean anything
>Well, this exactly sums up your response to the challenges that the game gave you.
I swear you've got to be ACFag because he's the only faggot on this board that's so obsessed with Terraria and garbage at argumenting with people

Who? And for the record, I was using melee armor as an example of something that newfags and retards do.

Which class is objectively the best?

can't say I'm a pro, but I always found ranged to be the most busted

Ranged, probably.

I haven't seen anything about this update but I think it's funny that they're doing ANOTHER "final update forever guys"

What was the first one?

Hardmode, which iirc was their "very final update forever" until they released on console with a bunch of exclusive content to try and get you to double-dip because there would never ever be another PC update. I dunno if they declared Moonlord their very final update as well 'cause I wasn't around for that.

Then I can be hopeful.

version 1.4 will be the last outside of the bug fixs

Probably, as long as whatever game they have next eats shit. I remember after Hardmode they went on to create "Pixel Piracy" or something which I haven't heard about one time since so I doubt it did well.

very comfy

Reminder that this is false because melee means I get to do another playthrough

The mod has too much bloat and the lore is cringe.
Best part about it is the voice-less music, but because of said bloat, the music had to be put into a separate mod.

The people who follow calamity are some of the most autistic fucks on the planet, sending DM Dokuro, a guy who got popular making fucking undertale remixes, into a hiatus from calamity music because of the autism. They literally out autism'd the fucking undertale fandom.

The mod honestly has potential in some parts, but ends up failing because in many places the mod author would constantly ask if he could, but never stopped to ask if he should.

What in the everloving fuck happened while I was gone?

Combat is dogshit.

I hate building arenas, i just want to get that loot and a new pickaxe but without an arena is almost impossible to kill the bosses.

What was always destined to happen user.

The stuff with dokuro happened at least a month ago. Also apparently the main mod author for calamity puts himself in an echo chamber. Bans anyone who complains in his discord, and stays in a closed channel where only people he likes are allowed.

This was from someone complaining in a thread on Yea Forums that said this though, so don't take it as 100% truthful.