Is it worth buying a Wii U for these two games? Or is there still a chance Nintendo will release these for the Switch?

Is it worth buying a Wii U for these two games? Or is there still a chance Nintendo will release these for the Switch?

Attached: nph09ij.png (1099x780, 2.12M)

Just emulate it 3rd worlder

Wonderful 101, Xenoblade X, and Tokyo Mirrage Sessions are good. Also best version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

you seem dumb enough to buy old, worse ports of gamecube games, so sure

Emulate them instead.

I live in a first-world country.

I only emulate pre-Gen VI games (GBA excluded), sorry.

Don't be retarded, it's a better experience for these games at least.

Dolphin plays both flawlessly and both games have mods of all sorts to improve the game.

You can also emulate the Wii U versions that are overall inferior to the originals but there nonetheless.

If you play on Wii U, both games have FPS drops worse than the original games on the Gamecube and they're low resolution without access to mods.

Don't you need a high-end PC to run Wii U games?

I don't know, I'm not poor. Did you even read my post though? Play them on Dolphin. Hell you can probably emulate them on Switch, I don't know.

Don't forget to buy Kinoblade Chronicles X, OP.

Attached: Wii U vs Switch.jpg (1280x1440, 486K)

>If you play on Wii U [...] they're low resolution
Wind Waker HD is 1080p native, bro. Looks clean as fuck. Cant vouch for Princess Twilight Sparkle HD, though asI haven't played it yet. Shit is expensive as fuck atm.

Attached: 879923.png (1277x827, 327K)

I dont own a PC though

gamecube version is definitive and superior for both.

Feel free to explain how 1080p isn't a low resolution.

To me it all depends in when the release date of the sequel to BOTW is.
If the game isn't coming until 2021, I would expect these games in 2020, and if BOTW 2 is coming next year, I don't know when they would port them unless they wanted to do a bundle including an HD Skyward Sword with the two of them or something

>1080p/240hz
>4k/60hz
>1440p/120hz
Pick your poison, user.

Consume consume consume goy enough is never enough, never be satisfied for what you have slurp slurp slurp

Skyward sword will never be ported. Its impossible given the integral motion controls

You literally press a button and it renders at a higher resolution, eliminating jaggies. It has nothing to do with your monitor if that's what you're trying to say.

You're the one trying to buy a Wii U for a game you can just emulate, you spastic fuck.

I only have a laptop atm and I don't want to risk frying it by accident, so I'd rather buy the real thing than emulate.

You can run dolphin on your phone, but go ahead if you're too scared of illegal downloads and 25 fps instead of 30.

Well you can do whatever but I wouldn't spend $150 or whatever just for those two ancient games, the remasters aren't even that good.

I figured they could make more accurate motion controls with the Joy-Cons and possibly even dial back on them and add controller support, I'm sure it can be done

>You can run dolphin on your phone
I'm calling total bullshit.

They announced it at gamescon a few minutes ago via a quick direct. Coming December 12th

>TMS
That shit deserves to stay in hell.

>Dolphin

Get a real wiiu emulator, queer

real?

It's 6:30 AM in Germany right now you doofus. Check your time zones.

I've already stated you can use Cemu, but the remasters suck.

I'm running BoTW on Cemu at 20fps with I3-6006, GTX 940MX and 4GB of RAM

Look it up shithead.

How about 8GB of RAM?

Attached: h9y8ui.png (816x652, 127K)

Yeah you should be good for Cemu, easily unless you upscale to 1080p 60fps, that might be a problem

>2.3ghz
>good for cemu
really?

No it isn't, but they are the ;ast things worth owning a Wii U for

Gamecube Zeldas > N64 Zeldas

Attached: 1476045620996.png (281x301, 89K)

i had an FX 6300, 1050ti and 12gb of DDR3 and could run BOTW on Cemu at about 20fps, this was beginning of last january so i imagine cemu performance has increased a bit since then.

>"I have no standard but nostalgia"
ftfy

I really don't like Majora's Mask much. OoT is the best of the 4 but together I'd take WW and TP over OoT and MM

As long as you realize you have shit taste.

I fail to see the flaw in my reasoning. WW has everything I want in a Zelda but dungeons and TP has a ton of dungeons. Between the two, I'm set

>Wii U versions that are overall inferior to the originals

Fuck you and the horse you rode on.

Attached: 1556664937222.jpg (663x731, 107K)

they fucked epona controls up in TPHD you know

People say this and I never noticed anything

>i3
>FX
Curious how you guys are playing your games if you're choosing to emulate on aging hardware. Or do you all forego modern titles?

i'm the FX guy and ive upgraded since then. the FX series was a beast for how fucking cheap they were.

pay attention maybe

WW is half finished in every aspect and TP's dungeons are just point A to B.

>WW is half finished in every aspect
No, it's just missing the dungeons. I like the Great Sea

>TP's dungeons are just point A to B
As are all of them since OoT, but there's inherently nothing wrong with that as long as they're well designed and TP's are.

I'm guessing you're using a Laptop? I have an i5 Coffee Lake but it's at 3.6GHz.
Anyway, with 8GB RAM I ran BoTW flawlessly, 60fps with a few drops here and there and obviously while caching shaders.

Yeah, I'm a student and constantly travelling, so a laptop just suits me better at the moment.

Try it then, you might be able to play at 30-40fps, which is playable but obviously not the best way to experience BoTW. Beats Switch's 20fps that's for sure.
Also RAM is a meme, unless you are a mom with 60 tabs open, thousands of scripts running or play AAA games as soon as they release. 8GB is good enough. I use drawing programs with multiple layers, animate, a couple of tabs open and it just works.

>majority of the islands are just treasure chart or heart piece locations and nothing more
>no minor characters are developed but Tingle
>story cuts off after the Forsaken Fortress to the end of the game
>combat is carried over from the N64 games despite a console generation to improve upon
>enemy AI is ruined due to simplicity and parrying
It really is.
>As are all of them since OoT
Now you've just admitted you haven't played them. Every single dungeon in OoT and MM is built around a central room and has unique puzzles that add both depth and variety. Even WW kept up with this despite being oversimplified.
>there's inherently nothing wrong with that as long as they're well designed and TP's are.
The only well designed aspect of them was their aesthetic. The puzzles are all replaced with fetch quests or convoluted locks. The Twilight castle can't even be called a dungeon.

GC versions are better.

>>majority of the islands are just treasure chart or heart piece locations and nothing more
Okay, I still enjoy each mini adventure.
>>no minor characters are developed but Tingle
THe Nintendo Gallery gives lore snippets to each NPC in the game and spending too much time on sideplots over the main one is why MM's story never resonated with me in a major way. Tetra, Medli, and the King get the most development as they should
>>combat is carried over from the N64 games despite a console generation to improve upon
And it controls far smoother
>OoT
The Fire, Shadow, and Spirit Temples are all 90% linear and really damn good
>MM
The central room dungeons in MM are its weakest. The best one, Stone Tower, is a lap on the floor and then a lap on the ceiling, no central room

>360p versions are better
lolno

>what are emulators

Absolutely do not. It's a single player MMORPG, with JRPGesque cringe story and grinding.

>THe Nintendo Gallery gives lore snippets to each NPC
That's not development.
>Tetra, Medli, and the King get the most development as they should
Tetra regresses as a character, Medli barely gets anything, and the King had nothing to develop in the first place.
>And it controls far smoother
Of course pressing A to win feels smoother.
>The Fire, Shadow, and Spirit Temples are all 90% linear
The Fire Temple is based around different floors of the same room with several different paths so you had to piece your way through. Even then, it was still dull because it took so long to get from one area to another.
The Shadow Temple was more linear and focused on the cheap invisible gimmick for all its puzzles. There's nothing much to say about it past that it isn't too long.
The Spirit Temple was based around the giant sculpture room and was more linear, but also had complex puzzles in each room which gave it depth. And that's not even half the dungeons.
>Stone Tower
I give you that, but again, it had complex puzzles everywhere like the Spirit Temple which elevated it.
None of TP's puzzles are complex and the linear dungeons in it are longer rather than more difficult.
You can like what you want, but you're barely making any kind of argument.