There was a Silent Hill Thread here. It's gone now

There was a Silent Hill Thread here. It's gone now.

Attached: l4sxbl1fpqa01.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-c3tP1JzIYA
youtu.be/MWhS_cXyPks?t=1244
youtube.com/watch?v=YdW16MBsuyU&t
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so what kind of circumcision does this symbolize?

Shut the fuck up

>Is there someone in there?

Attached: someone in there.jpg (1439x1035, 321K)

Name 1 (3) games with better atmosphere than Silent Hill 1-4

What the fuck. You guys don't even want a comfy Silent Hill thread?

There are plenty of games that have better atmosphere than SH4. In fact, there are more than plenty of games that have better EVERYTHING than SH4.

Attached: 1555896125766.png (494x586, 255K)

my entire life, all six years, I thought the entire series was about alessa. That silent hill (the spooky version) was created and ran by her. This isn't true at all is it, its the actual town itself or some demon right? Samael? someone fill me in on the lore

What do I win?

Attached: Atmospherecore.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

Don't overthink, the tl;dr is "hell on earth" which looks however it looks depending on the person running the show.

Not better, but similar in feeling
Nocturne
Deadly premonition
BB
Silent hill 1-3 (maybe even 4)'s strength is that it's hard to create good atmosphere in horror games. Not even a slow burn vs jump scare debate, it's just the overall feeling of the game

>which looks however it looks depending on the person running the show
so who is running the show in 2 with alessa gone? if its james, do the other characters see what james sees? are characters chosen by the town or is it completely random who gets pulled in?

Dead Space would be good if not for the shitty sound design.

Silent Hill isn't ran by anyone. There's some sort of energy that surrounds Silent Hill that used to shift only around Alessa, not because of her, but because of the demon she had been impregnated with which she had been trying to stop.
The reason why the town remained fucked even after Alessa and the demon were gone was because of the successful summoning of the demon tainting the energy around Silent Hill permanently, making it autonomous.
Or at least, I think that's the case. Silent Hill is very unclear.

Attached: 1559708552390.png (319x473, 145K)

Silent Hill is alive and has been way before Alessa and the cult shit.
Nobody knows what it is or why it does what it does, we never will either.

Attached: 1559417184762.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

Tie between Nocturne and Silent Hill 2

Attached: vFN9Rlt.jpg (1920x1075, 179K)

4>3>2>1>shattered memories>0rigins>homecoming>downpour

>4>3>2>1
you have this backwards

I really like Homecoming and I hate that you're literally not allowed to talk about it for the silliest reasons. The game has great atmosphere, solid monster designs, haunting OST and while the story is bland/rubbish it still fits the overall setting. I can't wait until October hits to get myself in that comfy autumn mood to replay this game.

>its unclear
Do we at least know what the real silent hill looks like? is it still a populated functioning town during silent hill 1 or has it been abandoned. And aren't there games that don't even take place in the town of silent hill, how the fuck does that work

>VTMB
>Bloodborne
>atmosphere

Attached: 1C85EDE1-6EB0-481C-932E-D2C94E4889A0.jpg (960x740, 78K)

Dead Space’s sound design is excellent, especially when using headphones as you hear every clink, creak, and crank. The only thing you could argue is the musical queues ruining the scares, but personally they didn’t bother me.

based image
I don't even need to save it because I've played most of them and know that they are very good at building atmosphere

Supposedly Silent Hill is still an actually functioning town as people regular drive through there and shit. In SH3 they rent a hotel room which I can assume there was a cashier for. But as the other user said it’s kind of >unclear.

The Silent Hill we see in all the games is the real Silent Hill. No alternate dimensions or anything like that. It was a relatively normal town before SH1. I mean, there was the cult and the drugs, but no demon dogs and pterodactyls at that point.

this image better have shadow of the colossus...
Oh there it is nice

Interesting choice for 4.
I absolutely loved it but at the same time I can understand the critiques. It's just one bizarre episode. So detached from everything else. Including pothead Henry.

>are characters chosen by the town or is it completely random who gets pulled in?
youtube.com/watch?v=-c3tP1JzIYA
See
youtu.be/MWhS_cXyPks?t=1244
Same concept.

I remember renting this way back and playing alone in my room
Those rabbits and how quiet the starting area was scared me so much I turned off the game and went outside to play with my friends instead.
Didnt touch the game ever again after that. I felt bad wasting my moms money renting it.

I loved every bit of it, but I completely get how fans can hate it, hell the biggest complaint is the apartment hub and I loved what they did with it.

>And aren't there games that don't even take place in the town of silent hill
Yeah, the start of 3 and all of 4.
For the former I guess it has something to do with Heather's connection to Alessa and the presence of the cult. I have no idea what the fuck was going on in 4.

Most of the complains were about protecting Eileen, and also re-visiting most locations a second time.
But the camera placement was so clever and creepy and some of the enemies in this one are fucking spot on.
The dead ghosts following you around or the horrible twin kids.

did you mean to link the streetfighter anime? youre a confusing man user

>Dhalsim and the rest of the villagers are taken hostage by two of the criminals (the other two had perished inside the cave), who were unable to access the treasure inside the Cave of the Ancients. They order Ryu and Ken to enter the cave and retrieve the treasure, threatening to massacre the entire village if they do not succeed. Inside, they are forced to face each other in combat, not knowing that the "monster" they are fighting is merely a reflection of their innermost being. Ryu and Ken, after suffering serious injuries from the fight, realize that they are fighting each other, causing the illusion to disappear. Ryu and Ken emerge from the cave and hand the treasure over to the criminals, who then try to kill them for outliving their "usefulness", although Dhalsim paralyzes the two men. Dhalsim then heals Ryu's and Ken's injuries, and agrees to teach them the ways of Hadou.
Silent Hill is the same.

Holy shit, I forgot that a good portion of SH3 doesn't even take place in Silent Hill. My memory of SH3 is really rusty, but I want to say that from the beginning of SH3 Heather has the demon inside of her and it's projecting the monsters and the Otherworld around her. And maybe Claudia's presence is what awakens it? Fuck, I need to play through SH3 again.

2 or 3?

3 is easily by far the most forgettable of all original four.

I see, but does the town take assholes in to 'punish' them or will it take in anybody? ryu and ken are both pretty goody two shoes

3 has my favorite soundtrack in the series and some of my favorite monster designs.
The story is overshadowed by the others though, as much as I genuinely like Heather as a character.

>goody two shoes
Ryu's arc since SF1 involved him not succumbing to the desire of getting stronger by tapping into his totally murderous instinct and just slaughter everybody.
Also yes, especially after SH1 it became a bad cunt magnet.

My brain can't comprehend how much shit taste you have. Holy fuck, get off Yea Forums and stop playing video games you trash.
youtube.com/watch?v=YdW16MBsuyU&t

>a single necromorph appears on screen
>the spooky backround ambiance is suddenly drowned out by DUN DUN DUN BUM BUM DUN DUN BUM BUM DUDUDUN BUM BUM BUM
this is not good sound design

SH4 had the burping dogs right?

Whoa, a vidya equivalent of this exact image

Attached: 1565359444956.jpg (2000x1651, 1.01M)

the bondage dogs, yes

nvm that was SH3

Thanks for posting the SH PC Guide!
Here are the DL links + tips :

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>tl;dr how to install this shit video tutorial + bare essentials pack:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
>SH2 Audio Replacement:
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! Don't install under C:\Program Files\ !
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.

All the info & links you'll ever need:
pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips:
Play the games in release order, and don't play on Easy mode.
Multiple playthroughs per game is very recommended.
Lower the in-game Brightness, crank up volume.
Turning OFF flashlight helps a ton!

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > SM > > > the rest of the shit.

>Basedguments (onions arguments)
>needing to explain your basic portmanteau
cringe

You mean this?

Attached: cd1.jpg (2296x2301, 1.37M)

Okay this is based

This literally makes fun of every horror game and anything similar to the games in the image.

Attached: 922FAF7F-C86E-48BD-BFE7-E8AF1A7689C2.jpg (640x634, 58K)

>RE4
>horror
>Half-Life
>horror
>Undertale
>horror
>Amnesia
>making fun of tropes
>Left 4 Dead
>vintage
what the fuck?
>Basedguments/CHADments/NPCments