Style over substance

>style over substance

Attached: 2f4f98a6eaaf5398f00a1d9af2827311.jpg (755x767, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U7arrNq4mMg
youtube.com/watch?v=xQOW6K6UHyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's no masterpiece

>a good game, but a bad _____ game

Sometimes that comment is bullshit, but sometimes it isn't, like if a game is mechanically boring and every cool thing that happens is a repetitive canned animation or an unplayable cutscene (in-engine or not.)

It's a legitimate criticism and it's no surprise weebs get assblasted by it.

>easy to learn, hard to master

Attached: 1524481748684.jpg (211x290, 9K)

>bone chilling,slow burn,character driven, genre redifining

WHEN'S THE MAHOYO TRANSLATION COMING OUT

>P5 is style over substanc-

Attached: P5-AOA.webm (1920x1080, 2.96M)

>_____ is garbage, and here’s why

please don't use pictures of my wife Aoko for your shitposting on Yea Forums, thanks

Attached: tumblr_psil7mXeHC1sf8dbr_540.png (540x547, 276K)

>Substance under style

Attached: react.png (872x632, 162K)

morgana's is so fucking cool

>tumblr
>my wife
Go back

I can't believe Graph got his own VN.

whatever, just don't involve my wife, Aoko Aozaki in your stupid threads

Attached: 6324e7596d96a09d9cf7251ef769883d.jpg (900x767, 69K)

No More Heroes. And it's okay because I still love NMH. I don't think style over substance is intrinsically a negative thing

>Cum in brain

>greentext over well-constructed post

How else are you supposed to describe FF6?

>it's the dark horse of the series

Attached: 1565936104379.jpg (640x600, 27K)

touko is better

>No nuance

Attached: aoko_24.jpg (413x500, 140K)

That's Soujuurou's wife

>____ A Case Study

Attached: 1308775280839.jpg (387x378, 26K)

>the creator clearly had a lot of passion, but very little talent
that was from the famous cave story review

Attached: touko.jpg (474x474, 25K)

>Her anus was defenseless

no, no, she's mine. Very common misconception

Attached: Aozaki.Aoko.full.1071810.jpg (1120x1088, 282K)

>so, the way netcode works is like this:
>*folds paper in half and jams a pencil through it*

No user, Soujuurou is a mountain man who lives with his two wives Alice and Aoko

Attached: tumblr_oq15skSn6B1vm7v55o5_500.png (500x281, 179K)

Touko is the older sister, therefore she is the original. Therefore she is better. An imitation simply cannot hope to surpass the original.

bro, so not sugoi

Attached: lenavcx2xhp21.jpg (708x1000, 58K)

>her game still isn't fully translated

It's not fair...

small 5 billion dollar company pls understand here have some more seiba

>Type moon garbage
Yeah, pretty much

Style, substance, and soul.

Attached: 1554663013886.png (557x778, 217K)

>Apocrypha still not translated
>CCC still not translated
>Mahoyo still not translated
>Requiem still not translated
Literally what the fuck does the Type-Moon translation community even do all day? Clearly not translating things.

DmC. Although replace good with average.

>Tsukihime art
>style
Is this like when the touhou fans ironically claim that ZUN's art is good even though it actually sucks?

HAVE
SOME MORE
SABER

>caring about consistency in the Nasuverse
Never make this mistake, or you're just asking for a headache. Nasu enjoys being chuuni to much
>Establish Rule
>Demonstrate Rule
>Subvert Rule in an epic exception later

also SUGOI
S U G O I
youtube.com/watch?v=U7arrNq4mMg
youtube.com/watch?v=xQOW6K6UHyg

>Shitty Red
>better

Attached: 1558902420530.webm (1280x720, 2.24M)

well thanks guys this thread made my wife so angry she's going to punish me tonight with her feet. I can't wait

anyway i've got to go but please remember to not post her and certainly don't search for aozaki_aoko on gelbooru, danbooru, or sankaku channel. stay safe and remember: Tohsaka Rin pleases old men for money. Gomen, sugoi desu ne

Attached: b69c06895cf34340911960d1be8dd516.jpg (708x1000, 365K)

Mostly make up headcanons and write fanfiction.
It's actually really funny to think of how fucking huge Fate is yet so little actually gets done. If this was fucking Baruto or some shit there'd be a dozen groups all flinging shit at each other while working to be the first to put out a TL of Aoko's game, with watermarks in the dialogue box.

Attached: meowtharc.gif (119x153, 6K)

H/A only got translated because someone started drama that would have made the translators look like absolute retards if they didnt get their shit together.

Oh, so why doesn't that sort of thing happen more often?

fate gacha has mollified the fandom with tits and gambling

>webm literally displays a game's style rather than it's substance
Wow

based
cringe

You don't really need anything Type-moon but F/SN, HA, KnK, Tsukihime and Kagetsu (shoutout to Melty Blood as well). The rest was never as good as those, t. someone who forced himself to play Extra with two servants and also watched Zero and Apocrypha.
It sucks for Mahoyo though, I agree.

It was a year before fgo came out

When referring to stories, it always means "fun and engaging instead of trying to shove opinions down my throat"

Most fandoms don't have a culture in which the people who know enough moonroones to translate are simultaneously
>(a) too scared of being bullied by the shit-tier translators that they don't actually respect in the slightest to challenge the work they think is garbage in the first place
>(b) not all that discontent with the pace and quality of existing translations despite constantly seething in anger at how everyone runs around with the awful translations that get shat out and ruin lore discussion forever
>(c) too obsessed with arguing over specific minutiae regarding terminology and other relatively minor bullshit to get anything done
An odd mixture of cowardice, superiority complex, and OCD

*Shiki's wife

Attached: Capture.png (1272x715, 973K)

Why does her breast size seem to change dramatically between images?

They dont need to do shit anymore since they have the money printer that is FGO.

I really fucking hate this one. it's straight up codeword for casual garbage

FGO has like one story chapter every six months, theres not that much content to TL

what game has actually done that well

It's not that all translations efforts went to it, but that a gacha that big changes the fandom as a whole to only care about it and ignore the non gacha stuff. Nasu himself admitted that most fgo players started with it as their gateway into the franchaise, and that people are going to use babylon's anime as their gateway to fate.

user, that is is a great example of style over substance. Was this supposed to disprove it or something?

You're retarded for taking the obvious bait.

That doesn't excuse shit like Mahoyo. People have been sitting on that shit for almost a decade. HA only got translated in like 20 fucking 15.

That's easily the most meme-tier non-criticism of a game that you say when you don't know shit about a game. It's typically applied to Persona 5.

>its not a gimmick, you just arent paying attention
>fun is subjective
>it was ground breaking for its time
>it was just a change of formula

most rhythm games

>it's another "attempt to do Lou's boss battle on Expert without cheesing it with the whammy bar attack at the beginning" episode
I hate reruns

Smash

DMC 3, 4 and 5. It's easy to understand how they works, but it's hard to pull stylish SSS score

post more aoko's aokos

Ryougi Shiki>Tohno Shiki
Touko>>>Aoko
Akiha>Azaya

blessed taste

As some one who is not really into the Nasuverse aside from watching random Fate Stay Night episodes and playing Under Night-In Birth (it's not really relatrd to Nasuverse I believe).. What exactly does Type-Moon even do anymore? I know they announced the Tsukihime remake but I think it was silently cancelled. Literally what does this company even do anymore?

>Make a superficial criticism
THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION BRO
>Make an in depth criticism
YOU ARE JUST NITPICKING

Make $3 billion dollars per year

Street Fighter

Also I don't know what happened to my spelling. I guess I'm retarded.

Because Type-Moon.

Fuck me, I forgot about FGO. That shit made Sony like 3 billion as you said, right?

>Literally what does this company even do anymore?
Make ridiculous amounts of money from FGO. Nasu says he wants to try something new, yet he does nothing so who knows.

Persona 5 but unironically

>he has no style
>he has no substance

>this franchise has no chance

Make as many shekels as they can at the lowest possible effort, they claim it takes six months to take a fucking servant down the pipeline from concept to playable in game. Then take half a year to put out a single story chapter, with guest writers pretty much writing every event and occasionally even major ones

I'd rant more, but they're finally adding my nigga Odysseus in the next major chapter whose apparently taken over Atlantis and turned Zeus into a suit of nanomachine armor

Attached: 1543816830069.jpg (563x551, 121K)

>subversive
>deconstruction

Attached: 289.jpg (387x461, 21K)

It's a lot of stuff honestly. Translating a VN or a novel is a lot different from a manga with just a few words per page. Especially when chuuni language is involved. Situation with Mahoyo sucks but at least we have Case Files and Requiem stuff getting translated.

>believing fake spoilers

S U G O I
U
G
O
I

I think Fate Extra was Nasu's best work.
If I could change one thing about the fate series, it's probably the gender swapping.

Chrono Cross

Tekken

More Aoko

>not believing datamines
My only regret is he's going to get gutted by the Tawawa frenchie, making him have a hard jobber moment, and making Jing Ke that seem much more of an incompetent alchy

Attached: Nanomachine Son.jpg (1280x720, 458K)

>X-like game

>metroidvania

>souls like/soulsborneiro

>this is why a video game is shit
>over an hour, sometimes seven
What was that phrase, “Brevity of is soul of wit”? It doesn’t help that none of the people behind the screens are gamedevs in their own right.

>make five-hour video crying about a video game
>nobody in their right mind watches the video
>"haha, looks like i've won because nobody can refute my points :)"

Attached: 1556333218068.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

>go in depth on a game about every possible avenue with multiple examples from the game to support your points so that everything is fleshed out
>lol too long didn't watch
I swear to god retards who parrot "brevity is the soul of wit" without actually thinking about when that applies are the worst.

Attached: 1519259078517 2.png (680x585, 490K)

I watched the full video and he has A LOT of really good points. I still enjoy the game, but I can agree that the story and characters make no fucking sense at times. I just chalk most of it up as shit Japanese writing. As a Japanese game, I'll rate it high, but overall, its mid tier at best.

MGSV

Long form video is factually dogshit, the best documentaries ever made rarely exceed 3 hours and they have hell of a lot more to say than some "video essayist" droning over mostly random clips for pokemon. If they want to be taken serious then release a blogpost version of their script for people to read at a decent pace.

>Why are you playing that game?
>Why not?
>Its shit.
>Have you played it?
>Sends me a fucking 4 hour long youtube video instead of answering.

Attached: 1560913408756.jpg (640x480, 62K)

>Sugoi sugoi

Attached: 6188047.jpg (512x512, 109K)

>Game has decent writing
>Everyone acts like the gameplay is bad as well cause no game can have both good writing and good gameplay in their minds

Attached: 1565364876229.png (466x486, 136K)

Nasu peaked at Tsukihime and Kagetsu, from there onward it was all downhill. Fate is garbage and only the originals are somewhat serviceable, with GO being straight up cancer.

thanks for providing her name so i can now beat my meat to your wife

>game's unresponsive

Attached: can't spell ignorant without IGN.webm (640x360, 719K)

>style over substance
>posts Aoko
?

Attached: 76c457ceaf08b25f4c1326d1c8884352.png (1280x720, 543K)

TEST COME BACK PLEASE!!!

would marry