I'm a bit disappointed so far

I'm a bit disappointed so far
Does it gets any better?

Attached: 977f2a1c6a765e41fa539c21255f39a1_original.jpg (700x490, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Coookie93/LaMulana2Randomiser/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=IxMnLInA9ns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Come oooonnnn
I want to talk about la mulana 2
Let's talk about an actual videogame
Tell me what you think about la mulana 2

I liked it. There's a couple things I had some gripes with, like the overuse of looking up mantras for puzzles and the final area being an obvious rush job. But I feel it was a bit better than 1 overall. The controls are tighter and the hints are distributed in a much better fashion. Though maybe cutting out La-Mulana 1's flaws would be it's biggest flaw.

How far are you in?

I backed it, I couldn't call it a bad game but I was disappointed in it. Too much combat despite the combat still being the least interesting part of the game. If I remember correctly there was some hidden dev room in the freeware version of La-Mulana that said there were originally planned to be more enemies around but they toned it down because it's actually really irritating to have to contend with hordes of enemies while backtracking around a big ruin dealing with cryptic puzzles. I wish they remembered that when making the Eternal Prison.

I finished the first area and got the first skull and was extremely disappointed by how easy and dull the boss was

Then I realized I had like 3 different places I could continue exploring so I turned it off for the evening after getting mad at those pitfall traps that seems to be fucking everywhere

The first zone is just the tutorial. You'll go back to being hopelessly lost and confused shortly, just like in the first game.

La-mulana 2 has no postgame right? Also spoilers:
is there anything to do in the escape sequence other than saving the queen and fighting the goddesses?

It actually took me a while to figure out I had to whip out the statues because I'm an idiot

There's no Hell Temple like La-Mulana 1 sadly. We never reached the stretch goal for it. There's unused music in the game for what was assumed to be this game's Hell Temple, but it'll probably never happen.

La-Mulana 2 randomizer exists though. So there's that.

It gets better by the third area imo. Really enjoyed the game, had some really creative bosses too, but the finale felt lackluster and anticlimactic compared to the first game.

>spoiler
As far as I know, that's all you can do.

Attached: 1533430732663.png (1289x809, 66K)

It's just 1 again and honestly it's not as good. Disappointing.

This should be comparing her to Lemeza instead. I mean, come on. Mulbruk doesn't even remember who he is.

>Though maybe cutting out La-Mulana 1's flaws would be it's biggest flaw.
How so?

I think the most memorable aspect of La-Mulana is how completely lacks any sort of handholding. The game world is almost entirely open from the start, and hints are spread haphazardly around forcing the player to explore lots of different areas instead of focusing in one zone and then moving on. The parts we remember the most are the ones we got stuck at, and there really just aren't as many of those parts in 2.
Though I don't think anyone would have welcomed "Take a knee: Part 2" either.

>Lemeza saves Mulbruk from the crumbling ruins of La-Mulana.
>She can't even remember his name and thinks he smells bad.

Being Lemeza is suffering.

>Lemeza saves Mulbruk from the crumbling ruins of La-Mulana.
Isn't it more of the other way around though?

You kinda missed the boat, the discussions were constant and great for about a month after launch. I miss it, in all likelihood there will never be another game like this ever again.

I backed it and I respect it, but I never finished it. Playing through the first game was enough, I guess I never really wanted more.

>La-Mulana 2 randomizer
fucking hell, how does that even work?

It was my GOTY 2018. I can forgive it's shortcomings and the horrible game breaking glitches introduced in pretty much every update. This is the sort of niche style game that feels like it was made just for me, and I'll be lucky if I find another game that makes me feel that way for the rest of my life.

Attached: 835430_20180806014006_1.png (1920x1080, 1.63M)

>Take a knee: Part 2
I would have taken that over a mistranslation that omits the solution to an otherwise easy puzzle.

Well, either way she couldn't leave the ruins till the Mother was destroyed, so he deserves some credit there.

Attached: 1533848325648.gif (184x168, 36K)

Exactly like you expect, everything is everywhere else. Even mantras can be shuffled into the item pool. There's probably not as much possible variety here as the La-Mulana 1 randomizer, since you absolutely need the shurikens and the first sigil to exit the first area, but it's just what you'd expect from any other randomizer.

Attached: 835430_20190813140531_1.png (1920x1080, 899K)

It was my GOTY too, which was no mean feat since I loved Hitman 2. I feel the same way about it, I had such a wonderful time with it and it depresses me to think that I might never see another game like it.

I thought it was perfect in difficulty. I thought the first one was too hard.

That being said, I gave up when I got to the Eternal Prison section and haven't played it in over a year. Still, the 40ish hours I put in I thought was well worth the time spent.

Nigoro, where's my physical copies?

Attached: lemeza_1.png (550x600, 156K)

>making maps and taking notes
>helping anons and getting help from other anons
Those threads on release were great.

It's threads like those that made me realize: Yea Forums only sucks because video games do.

I still have that humongous map of the entire game some guy made, shits awesome.

don't bully Mulbruk.

Attached: developed.jpg (1680x1050, 313K)

Those were truly the best threads on Yea Forums in 2018 for me too, I remember being the first one to find some of the hidden software and immediately go to the thread to tell everyone about it (in spoiler of course) lol

>tfw when you lock the corridors and kill heimdall
Made me melancholy, thinking the game was drawing to a close.
Finding Sakit was the saddest part though.

I wonder what it would have been like if the other playable characters weren't scrapped.

Attached: la2_menu2.jpg (700x404, 119K)

I've been playing hard mode randomizer runs, and holy shitting christ, the enemy placement later on is fucking infuriating. Some screens in Ancient Chaos have almost 20 enemies.

For those looking for the LM2 randomizer, here it is. You won't find it on the "big list" of randomizers.
github.com/Coookie93/LaMulana2Randomiser/releases

>sakit
I felt sad at first too, but after watching the cutscene I was laughing like an idiot.

I think this is why I liked 2 more than 1. I played 1 after it had been it forever like plenty of others but got to join in on the figuring stuff out threads this time around. It was the most fun I had with a videogame that year.

That bit's really funny when you watch it, but then you notice he's well and truly dead afterwards, yeah it's what he wanted, but it's still sad. Especially since you learn that he was tricked into causing the civil war, meaning all of his millennia of suffering weren't really justified.

It was like being a kid again, talking with friends about secrets in games.

Fuck this Zhulong in particular.

Attached: 20190819225046_1.jpg (2560x1440, 513K)

Ancient Chaos was such a pain in the ass, reminded me of the Chamber of Birth.

Couldn't you just reload any time you find a skull so that the difficulty never scales up?

A friend and I played it when it first came out, and it was really fun. If either of us got stuck for too long, we'd share notes. There were things I just didn't notice, like the statue above the chest containing the Dinosaur Statue. We'd eventually check Yea Forums if we were both stuck for a while.

Didn't they change it so it's based on more than just skulls?
Will definitely do that from now on if that is not the case.

BTW, this game has an absolutely killer soundtrack. I prefer the arrangement of LM1's tracks, but its instruments sound kind of... bland. Almost like they're MIDIs or something.
LM2, on the other hand, has plenty of songs with parts that sound like actual accordions or electric guitars.
youtube.com/watch?v=IxMnLInA9ns

wait, so that's why suddenly there were a lot more enemies on every screen?

Eternal prison was hell to me, It took me a week to figure out how to reach that area's boss. Hardest part of the game in my opinion.

>Didn't they change it so it's based on more than just skulls?
No idea, I haven't played the game since I beat it, which I think was just after the first patch.

I'm pretty sure Eternal Prison is intended to be the hardest part of the game by far. That's kind of the point, it's a god damn nightmare, but man is it satisfying when you finally finish it.

I think it's based on number of bosses killed too now. Hel has a different scaling mechanism for some reason. Her boss fight has a different number of phases depending on how long you take to reach it.

In the first game, I dreaded doing all the mantras at the end. This game's equivalent of that is the Trial of the Seven Gates. It's always hard to get myself to play through that part, even though I've mostly memorized it by now.

>Ancient Chaos was such a pain in the ass
>Navigating the Ancient Chaos for the first while having the maximum amount of skulls you could get at that point WITHOUT knowing what they do.
My first run was fucking hell because of this.

>she sees your wallet

Attached: mulbruk.jpg (170x250, 34K)

>I'm pretty sure Eternal Prison is intended to be the hardest part of the game by far
It's a tie between that and finding the path to the cog for me.

Attached: ruins exploration.jpg (900x900, 84K)

Path to the cog is a really neat idea, but I wish the game had hinted somehow that the pictures associated with the various children were important. I feel like that puzzle could be the highlight of the game, but instead it just feels like "how the fuck was I supposed to notice that?"

Where is this?

The mouth of the dragon.
The shape of the map corresponds to the pictures associated with each race of children.
Look at the picture associated with tablets of the first children

I've been watching HiddenDistance's playthrough (a top LM1 speedrunner), and he was so close to solving it a few times, but it was seeing Brahma's map that finally made him go check the grail tablets, then realize the dragon was the Taka Shrine, and then he finally went to the room to try the mantras.

Attached: Round Boy Vs 1,000 Degree Glowing Hot Knife.webm (624x210, 1.59M)

Can someone explain to me
how the fuck do I get that guy to show up in Mulbruk's tent?