Vita/PSP Thread

Post your Vita. Also, what have you been playing lately?

Attached: Vita.jpg (4032x3024, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noxEQYdq66s
youtube.com/watch?v=otcuExaxtR4
youtube.com/watch?v=zrh5STBQ_oU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My hacked vita is obsolete now that my Switch is hacked

Nothing. My Switch has completely replaced it, which I did not see coming.

Attached: 2019-08-19 17.58.24.jpg (2560x1440, 919K)

I've mostly been playing Xenoblade, though have been going through a MHFU run otherwise.

Attached: attack of the claw.jpg (2048x1536, 1.16M)

Why does that grip have to be so fucking expensive. I know they don't make it anymore but come on who's paying $80+ for that shit.

Attached: dilbert.jpg (479x358, 95K)

Your net can handle streaming from your PS4? I can't even do that when my Vita's plugged in to my PS4.

I recall seeing an exact replica on aliexpress with very good reviews

I haven't played my PSP in years.

Attached: VIDEO0259.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

I've had Deception IV sitting around on a shelf literally for years. Maybe I should play it. I remember it seemed like a neat Dungeon Keeper clone.

youtube.com/watch?v=noxEQYdq66s
youtube.com/watch?v=otcuExaxtR4

Attached: 81P6A6l34QL._AC_SL1478_.jpg (1158x1478, 284K)

Currently playing House in Fata Morgana. I started on PC and loved it and jumped in on PS4/PSV (cross buy) and while I wish it had cross save I love it. Definitely one of my favorite VNs for sure.

Probably going to jump into Muv Luv afterwards or start another play through of Persona 3 Portable or 4 Golden.

Disgaea 4.

Attached: 2019-08-18-234101.jpg (960x544, 148K)

i'm getting a vita in the mail on friday, looking forward to it :)

>what have you been playing lately?
My hacked Vita is basically a TBoI:R machine. I'm sure I've put over 1,000 hours into it.

I've been playing Utawarerumono and I love it.

Attached: Vita.jpg (2973x2229, 1.33M)

link?

How do I make it stop being oily like in your pic even if I clean it its still fucking oily fuckk

>post your vita
no bully

Attached: 20190819_214058.jpg (2048x1152, 685K)

It's dead, get over it.

Attached: 1563844858830.png (360x360, 140K)

how are these grip/controller things? do they actually help much? I've been considering getting one

So is shit like the SNES but we still have "what old games have you guys been playing lately" threads.

It was a stupid system that people only pretend to like because it's gone now.

Attached: 1553907050485.png (716x717, 598K)

You should probably get a screen protector, Crawford.

Sweet!, what emu is this? does it run paper mario well?

MH bois.
World needs a Vita port but that's never gonna happen.

Nah, it really wasn't, it just sold poorly due to the pricepoint and the mobile market convincing normies that any game you play on a screen less than 10" wide should be free or cost less than $5. Thanks, Farmville and Candy Crush. Vita was a good console, I enjoyed it the whole generation, still enjoy it now, and have a PSTV so I can trade out the memory card anytime I want to play on my home setup with a big TV and proper controller. It's like doing the Switch gimmick before that was even a twinkle in Nintendo's ballsack. Fun console with good hardware, but Sony fucked up on multiple fronts like the AT&T only 3G (or maybe it was 4G) wireless service option, and again, the $300 pricepoint. It could've been a truly great handheld console if people had bought it so devs would feel safe sinking dev time into games made for the thing, but nobody did, so eh, worst timeline and all that.

At least I still get to have fun with mine even if other consumers didn't see the value. Sure, it would be nice to live in a timeline where the Vita got more game dev support, but it got what it got, and I have fun with that when I want to play handheld games on trains and planes and stuff.

I've gotten so much playtime out of Touch My Katamari alone. That franchise is a ton of fun while you're taking a short ride in a passenger seat or whatever, if you tend to carpool while going places with friends and family like I often do.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrh5STBQ_oU

Attached: Touch-My-Katamari-Android-gameplay.png (2880x1576, 1.82M)

Coping is one of the stages of dying.

Attached: 1549163502089.jpg (600x560, 68K)

That shit is heavy.

Should I get a 1000 or 2000 to hack? I already have a 4gb card on hand if I go with the 1000.

Found the virgin

It runs your mom.

Do you guys mess around with emulation on your psp/vitas at all?
Been playing some GBA games through adrenaline/gpsp, everything I've played seems to run flawlessly.

The Kubler-Ross model is for grief, not death.

The 1000 has a better screen but uses a proprietary charger.

>The 1000 has a better screen but uses a proprietary charger.
While it lasts. OLED inherently has a shorter lifespan than LCD, and Vita's early-model OLED is no exception

The vita, that dead thing with weeb masturbatory tools disguised as game is shit and you love it so much you get mad if anyone makes fun of the retarded corpse that Sony gave zero fucks about.

Attached: 1536325007592.jpg (460x460, 57K)

lol Keep crying, that'll bring daddy back

I'm the second guy you replied to and I don't really care about the Vita, I was just correcting the term you misused so you could do it correctly next time.

2 hacked pstvs and 1 hacked 1000 vita. Playing Sega Hard Girls. Its average.

Throw a buzzword, sure, it just points out how empty your point is. If you hate the Vita and think it was always shit then you can state some reasons for your hate or you can shove your head up your ass and just comment on how it's bad because you say so and no other reason. If you have an issue with the hardware, or some feature or something like that, then try making that point instead of literally none.

I'm not playing anything right now. I am porting an open source implementation of AliceSoft's System 3.x game engine, which can play most of their older games.

Attached: IMG_20190819_190335544.jpg (1920x1080, 451K)

It's shit.

Don't bother, he's too stupid to know how to argue well so he just throws out terms he's heard smarter people use, like 'the stages of grief', even if he doesn't understand how to use them properly. It makes it easier to identify who to stop giving cheap (You)'s to.

Thanks for playing, go enjoy your bing bing Nintendo wahoos quietly in another room since you're too intellectually and emotionally stunted to drum up meaningful discussion or make a single cogent point.

Attached: 65354.jpg (900x900, 72K)

HAHAHAHAHAHA cry harder

The Vita is more dead than the employees of an anime studio on fire

I'm not sure why the Vita failed honestly. I bought the Vita entirely on the premise of more Ridge Racer (and was greeted with the worst entry) and "creator of Silent Hill making a new game PSVita exclusive", which of course was Gravity Rush... which of course got ported.

So I didn't have what I came for. But even aside from that it is a fantastic console. Its so far ahead of the PSP and DS/3DS its insane. And this was what like 7 years ago! Imagine how awesome a new dedicated handheld would be!

Basically I don't regret my purchase and til this day I don't know why people didn't buy it.

At least you're bumping the thread.

I've been playing PSP games through Adrenaline. mainly Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles; I got it mainly so I could play the unlockable version of SOTN, but I've been enjoying the main game just fine.
I tried replaying Darkest Dungeon since I thought it would be fun on the go, but holy shit are the controls unnecessarily complicated, just let me click shit goddamn it.

>just let me click shit goddamn it.
Does it support touch controls??

k, then go away.

And? We're discussing the shit we're still powering through from our backlogs. Do you pop up in every Morrowind thread to say the game's old and people should get over it? If so, that is the epitome of 'get a life' if I've ever heard it.

Angry weeb Reeeeeeeeeeee!

Only occasionally for a few select menu items if I remember right.
It's honestly baffling why they didn't just let you control the whole thing via touch.
But then again, by the time I finally finished it on PC I was using tons of hotkeys in conjunction with the mouse so there was no way I was ever going to get that same level of speed and efficiency from the vita's controls. I may have liked it more if I had started with the Vita version first

Attached: MISS.png (537x505, 104K)

you answered your own question.

The lack of compelling software.

Pricing at launch was a big part of it. Nintendo also launched the 3DS at $250 but that wasn't selling at that price point either. Right before Vita came out they dropped it down to around $170, and released a new mario game and the thing finally started selling.
Vita retailed at $250 for Wifi or $300 for a 3G one, and then you still had to buy a proprietary memory card and back at launch the 16GB ones were still in the $50 range, even on sale. Since there was no built in storage a memory card was required so you were out nearly $300 before you even bought a game.
The second big thing was the launch line up was pretty nice but there was basically nothing afterward. A couple months later there was Resistance, and that summer there was Gravity Rush. That winter had Assassin's Creed and the CoD that sucked. So there was multiple month long droughts after the few that bought one for Wipeout or Uncharted were starved for new games. I remember there wasn't a ton of upcoming games with hard release dates either so the upcoming game list looked really sparse which didn't help things either.

I'm poor and bought mine used with searches all over it. They're so annoying and I wish I hadn't even bothered.

Boy, you have absolutely nothing to contribute to any of this conversation. I would literally get more stimuli from watching paint dry than I would from engaging with you.

Clean it for fucks sake.

This. People just didn't invest in the new handheld because it was expensive, and then devs stopped making games for it because not enough people bought a Vita within the first two years. The Vita was literally too advanced for its time, since the manufacturing made it hard for Sony to lower the pricepoint to a level that consumers were comfortable purchasing. With no Vitas leaving the shelves no devs felt safe making games for it, so exclusives dried up, ports stopped getting made, and eventually the entire product line was silently killed off and taken off of the PS+ free games list for each month.

From what I've read, Sony stopped supporting it after a few years, and that hurt it more than any other single reason. I love mine, and there are plenty of games I'm looking forward to playing (I'm the Isaac poster from earlier).

Vita's comfy for multiplats like that that don't require strong hardware to run. I play junk like Rogue Legacy on mine all the time, since I like the Vita's center of gravity and overall feel more than I like my 3DS or Switch for on-the-go gaming. It's also a pretty good emulation machine in general for everything up through the PS1 era. I think my most played game on my Vita is Megaman 2 in all honesty.

What's a fair price for a psp go. I have had autistic urges to buy one for a while but don't know what's a fair asking price. The guy at the retro vidya store said his boss will put it out on the shelves tomorrow but he doesn't know how much for. The only reason I noticed it was because it was on a desk behind him while I was paying for something.

Attached: ABA9ECDB-2737-4ADB-88F5-A4071FFFBCBF.jpg (498x573, 49K)

Which Xenoblade. 1, X, or 2?

for best results your PS4 should have a wired connection to your router, disable direct connections to vita, and your vita should connect to the router

do you actually take your Switch out of the house? Mine is always either docked, on the couch, or on an endtable or something

it just isn't very portable and the battery life blows on top of it having the worst glare of any screen I've ever seen in my life, let alone one you're supposed to take outside into the daylight

1. Just got past the Mechonis Core sequence.

One is the peak of the series, all downhill from there. I will say that X has the best open world of any game though, just bad story with forgettable characters

They way overprojected software sales too. I remember wipeout being $15 new within six months since I bought it when I finally got one, and Gamestop had a $10 sale on Mortal Kombat around the same time to clear stock which had it about twice as cheap as the PS3 version at the time even though it also included all the DLC on cart. Going off of that top 10 US software chart that leaked last year the games it did get sold really badly too.

I play actual video games on it occasionally, but hitomi's bob cut does things to me I cant explain

Attached: 20190819_221652.jpg (4032x1960, 2.36M)

No shame in that user.

nice

Your Vita is decked the fuck out.

about $70 for good condition, $90 if it's pristine, don't pay anything above that

Her in-game skin color doesn't translate well with a phone photo does it, Crawford?

I have a silver Vita slim. I gave my wife my old 1k. She just plays stupid Otome games with me. Wanted to play some Soul Sacrifice with her.

I was looking at offerup and most people want 120+. I hope I come across one soon but if not I'll just wait

How long are we talking here?

Good. X and 2 are actually pretty good, but 2 is something I'd say you should experience for yourself. Even as someone who has played it, a lot of peoples feelings for the game are mixed so I'd say play the game and decide what you think for yourself. Me personally. I think it's really good, flawed sure but still an amazing game.

Attached: pyraas.png (601x601, 400K)

i checked sold ebay listings to give him an estimate, a lot went for 50 to 60 bucks recently but that seems anomalously low, 70 to 90 seems common, there are a lot listed for $100+ but they don't sell as much

Thanks for helping me out. The reason I want to buy it from here is because of their 30 day return policy. I bought something off eBay and the fucker sent me a device that was broken and eBay didn't do shit when I tried to dispute it.

what's a good vita game to play with friends?

The absolute retards how made and priced the memory cards ruined it

Persona 4 is a good game for pretending to have friends

That's real fuckin' neato.

i had a normal 3ds XL before for some pokeymans and old console emulators
is it worth it to get a vita for emulation now? do i need a specific model/firmware version to hack it?

>is it worth it to get a vita for emulation now
There are probably cheaper options. I don't think I'd get one solely for emulation.

if you even want to touch 2 make sure you use the japanese VO, the english is unbearably bad. the prequel DLC thing is actually a better game than 2 itself as well

I'm sorry Vita, I couldn't find a copy of Caligula effect so I had to get the PC version
Still love you.

Attached: 20190713010716_1.jpg (1920x1080, 487K)

Vita is only slightly better for emulation than a PSP is.

i wont be getting it just for emulation
i have no idea what is on the vita library since i have no contact with it, but i know the psp and ps1 have a lot of good games i can play on the vita
+ two analog sticks looks really good for me
one of the biggest downsides of the old 3ds imo was that shit not having a second analog for games where analog camera is more confortable

Attached: Best Vita Game 2013.webm (640x360, 424K)

Attached: Best Vita Game 2014.webm (640x360, 340K)

Attached: Best Vita Game 2015.webm (640x360, 387K)

Attached: Best Vita Game 2016.webm (640x360, 754K)

>i have no idea what is on the vita library
Look up the game list on vitagen but be warned that a ton of Vita games have poor performing ports and even overclocking can't fix all the issues in them.

ive noticed that only to be true in western games for the most part, all of the japanese games are either low setting graphics or VNs. borderlands 2 certainly comes to mind for underperforming ports

I still have some Vita exclusives backlogged but I'm so fucking sick of console gaming, portable or otherwise, I might not even finish all of it before it's all ported or emulated.

Just broke into the DT2 postgame. Kind of melancholic, it's the last (good) dungeon crawler I have to play on the system.

Attached: 2019-08-16-225051.png (960x544, 581K)

It's much more than that but since you're hacking it I guess you can find out for yourself.
All hardware can be hacked if it's a couple FW versions behind the current. Check out /hbg/ on /vg/ for info on that.

N...nice YouTube screenshot. You...You're just jealous we get to pay for the Witcher 3 on portable devices first.

Attached: thumb_crying-wojak-nintendo-mungfali-53344831.png (300x299, 32K)

ps4 remote play im pretty sure

The OLED my shita has been cracked for the past 4 years. Am I just completely fucked? I kind of want to play p4g

why is the vita so fucking ugly? it looks like a chink knockoff of itself.