Why couldn't Ultimate kill Melee...

Why couldn't Ultimate kill Melee? Despite being a new game it barely tops Melee numbers which will only dwindle as time goes on and Melee stays firmly planted

Attached: melee.jpg (319x445, 55K)

Why do Ultimate players false flag?

take showers

Hate Melee all you want, but almost 20 years after it’s release, it’s still this popular and attracting even zoomers here and there. most of the top players now were in diapers when this game released and most of the “Melee gods” never got into the game until long after it was released

It was better than it was ever intended to be. Physics to controls to aesthetic it was and is perfect. Eventually they’ll just cave and give us a melee remaster.

Because Melee is a good game.

do you play melee or do you just watch streams

Ultimate is a good game and is doing well, that being said, you should play whatever game you want, no matter how old it is.
And if it still has an alive community, why complain?

>it barely tops Melee numbers
Melee's grand finals can't even top Ultimate's top 32 matches. Melee is dying.

Melee is fun and fast paced, and has proven to stand the test of time. Ultimate is just another smash 4.

If ultimate and a functional online it likely could’ve. Why the fuck would you play a competitive online game when you lose every other or every 3rd match in some lagfest? Or get paired with rules you didn’t want in the first place? Decent game but the online is shit and like 30% of the roster could be cut and no one would miss them. More isn’t always better

/thread

game fun

Look, some people are just going to like certain games more than others. It's really that simple. The real question is, why do you care what other people play so much?

It’s fun as fuck to watch. I don’t play Smash and haven’t since 2007 or so in the 6th grade, but I still watch melee tourneys because it’s genuinely enjoyable. The other smash games just aren’t fun to watch, even PM. I don’t know exactly what it is, obviously the movement is a huge draw for me but the art style and colors and music and sounds all add to it. I don’t like the way the newer games look.

Attached: 5DADB55C-BAB0-4C11-819C-E24655C3457F.png (568x548, 96K)

>Ultimate is just another smash 4
faggot

Melee is so much more fun. You simply can do way more things

I can't believe there's a thread with people praising Melee instead of shitting on it, it's super fun. I like Ultimate a lot as well, it has fucking Ridley

N64 2 > Brawl 3

The difference between Melee and Ultimate is that in Melee I can pick a non-dogshit character and basically have infinite possibilities when it comes to movement, combos, and tech skill. In Ultimate, I feel like characters are locked into a certain role and if I want to broaden my horizons if I need to try out a new character instead of improving on my character the way I can in Melee.

>No decent adventure mode
There you go