Why yes, I am the best JRPG of the decade. How did you guess?

>Why yes, I am the best JRPG of the decade. How did you guess?

Attached: 13123.jpg (1080x1331, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_LR1NtZOISg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Not even the best Xenoblade game

Demon Souls is sorry kiddo

XCX and XC2 are better

All JRPGs are the same. They start out great and story goes out the window and becomes shit by the end.
Why can't Japs tell stories?

>one of the best JRPGs was a fucking Wii game
I find it baffling since the Wii was, well the Wii

post the webm

Because Jap games stand out for their gameplay, and when you take that away and replace it with shitty crpg turn based combat from the 90s, you get garbage gameplay in addition to a saturday morning cartoon story with embarrassing dialogue.

Attached: 1565291280100.jpg (1200x900, 198K)

>playing RPGs for the story

Just play a VN faggot

Xenoblade 2 was a good example of this. Party member asked an evil guy why he was helping the party, his literal answer was "I don't even know."

Shit taste, zoomer.

>shitty CRPG turn based combat from the 90s

You do realize turn based JRPGS are almost extinct?

based

Attached: e8d1e3a017c9c7cdab231d66082814b14b0d7a9cv2_hq[1].jpg (738x1024, 126K)

>Play
>A VN
Not possible, you read those, not play

The only good JRPGs are ones that aren't story heavy. everyone saying that they need story are just horrified of stepping out of their safe space and just want to rehash the mistakes of the past.

Attached: w9dgFatINF-hIvVgyS_ooKdpDs8DYw0Modjk9t4TL3A.jpg (900x900, 70K)

Bro that’s not persona 3, TWEWY, or devil survivor

Attached: 8D724690-E283-4B46-958B-A5952985D0FF.jpg (1024x830, 159K)

XCX was released only three years after XC1, zoomer.

>Persona 3
>Not even the best Persona game

>what is persona 3
>what is devil survivor
>what is shin megami tensei nocturne
>what is twewy

Finally, a good opinion on this shithole website.

>Not even the best Persona game
But it was?

Attached: 1495468867566.png (400x362, 165K)

Are you a 2 boomer, a 4 gloomer, or a 5 zoomer?

>what is persona, devil survivor, shin megami tensei, and TWEWY?
All movie games with zero substance? That kinda proves my point if anything. FFS, Persona and TWEWY threads are nothing but waifu discussion, since the gameplay is so abhorrently terrible.

Doesn't beat either 4 or 5
See above comment

All the fucking retarded discussion of TWEWY is about how the gameplay is so fucking good and the other ports are shit because the gameplay is bad

Attached: 9299BBA9-7897-433D-998C-9C3518AC94B7.jpg (256x384, 43K)

>All the fucking retarded discussion of TWEWY is about how the gameplay is so fucking good
I haven't seen a single bout of gameplay discussion in years from a TWEWY thread. The ones that weren't jerking off the waifus were making walls of text about how much they love the pretentious plot.

If they really thought the game had good gameplay, they would angrily reject any semblance of story and refuse to allow it to co-exist with the gameplay.When you're getting a cutscene shoved in your face, you're not playing the game.

It's pretty good but it's not like it has any decent competition bar Nier Automata and Pokemon BW2

>I haven’t actually been on a thread or played the game so let me just compare it to persona 5!

Attached: F09C97F2-1156-4332-B8BA-E3354874ADC3.png (240x240, 14K)

>pokemon
Ew

>Pokemon BW2
Absolutely shit, worst generation, even sun & moon are better

>Doesn't beat either 4 or 5
And for a second I thought I was talking to someone with taste like a P2fag.

Attached: 1562281449652.jpg (400x240, 82K)

>worst generation, even sun & moon are better
Oh god forbid a Pokemon game has new Pokemon and doesn't suck off KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO like every game post Gen 5 has.

Attached: 1560269253773.jpg (1920x1440, 279K)

I love how they introduce mumkhar in the tutorial and you forget about him by the time he speaks here
youtube.com/watch?v=_LR1NtZOISg

>Automata
>not Gestalt

I want autistic waifufags to leave.

Cringe and zoomerpilled
>inb4 you accuse me of being zoomer for liking gen 5
It’s the zoomer trend to only like ten 1 and 2 when they’re hilariously outdated in terms of mechanics, graphics. Only good thing they have is music

Come on user. I'm trying to be reasonable here, but you're forcing this on me and telling me that it's a good game. I don't buy it.

Attached: Untitled.png (816x313, 118K)

Persona 2 from what I’ve played has a great cast to bad the game is so fucking easy and the random encounters are high

Attached: 363AC51C-09A1-460E-9468-0887E8FD2A90.jpg (500x667, 115K)

When did I mention Kanto? I've had more than enough of it too, I just think Gen 5 was shit

>Because Jap games stand out for their gameplay, and when you take that away and replace it with shitty crpg turn based combat from the 90s, you get garbage gameplay

Attached: 12344889445.jpg (2000x1797, 853K)

It's certainly the most well balanced in the Xenoblade franchise but I don't know if its the best
XB2 and XBX are both better written with better realized worlds. XBX's combat system is a direct improvement on XB1's core systems and XB2 really sort of shakes up the combat loop

>cant into subtext
it's mad pretty clear Mikhail didn't even care that much about killing the architect and dooming Alrest as much as he did about helping his friends do what they wanted to do

>jap games stand out for their gameplay
>but the games absolutely need a heavy story, otherwise the fans will refuse to play the games

Heh.

This is usually because the game mechanics in jap games are abstractions and adaptations of story elements.
Hence story and gameplay are connected often

>This is usually because the game mechanics in jap games are abstractions and adaptations of story elements.
In other words, cinematic bullshit laden with walk and talk sections, QTEs, and filler like showcases.

>story and gameplay are connected
Congrats for falling for hollywood's marketing division.

>XB2 Is better written

Is this satire?