Sony's Shawn Layden says Sony's first party multiplayer titles might come to other platforms

>Sony's Shawn Layden says Sony's first party multiplayer titles might come to other platforms
>We must support the PlayStation platform—that is nonnegotiable,” Layden said. “That said, you will see in the future some titles coming out of my collection of studios which may need to lean into a wider installed base.
OHNONONONONO
>gematsu.com/2019/08/sony-interactive-entertainments-shawn-layden-suggests-some-first-party-multiplayer-titles-will-come-to-additional-platforms

Attached: ONLYONPLAYSTATION.png (649x543, 103K)

Next gen will be the last gen for consoles as we know them, after that there will only be PC and stadia

I hope Nintendo joins the bandwagon.

Like helldivers and other low budget MP games. Once people shitpost this enough he'll change his mind.

I don't get why sony and microsoft are this retarded, dont have any exclusives? I wont buy your platform nor your games bit will buy them on the everlasting superior PC.

How is this so hard to understand for them after all these years in this business??

MS has Windows

fine by me, i've been gaming on PC more frequently in the last few years, don't feel the need to plug a new console every fucking gen

never ever

Attached: 1547430905750.gif (350x317, 130K)

Microsoft knows that the money they lose from the people who go "well if it's not exclusive I'll just get it on PC and not get an Xbox" is far less than the money they get from selling to an additional market. That and Microsoft doesn't give a shit if you use Windows because they own it

>Splatoon with a decent controller and actual party chat
if only

Keep begging for scraps, you dirty cucks.

Attached: 1553810537836.png (773x666, 473K)

>what! Outrageous! Exclusives are anticonsumer give us the fucking games you shits i am fucking livid!!!!!
>*gives the games
>LMAO COWARDS AND WEAKLINGS. SEE HOW I OH NO NO NO YOU? PATHETIC. LOOK HOW YOU STOOP. FUCKING GIVING US YOUR GAMES? WHAT A LOSER.

Didn't they already do this with Planetfall 2?

Yea Forums is retarded, what do you expect

cope pony

>OHNONONONONO
I don't understand this reaction?
Why do you care if a game is no longer exclusive?
If you like games surely the more platforms they are on the better right?
snoyboy

Microsoft isn't putting their big games on other consoles so they're fine, Sony is fucked.

>Microsoft isn't putting their big games on other consoles so they're fine
Because that would require having any games at all

Cuphead and Dust: An Elysian Tail.

>Playstation first party multiplayer titles
Like what? TLOU online mode?

>Snoy losing all of their exclusives
Bros...

Sony doesn't make anything multiplayer except when tacked on to single player games

your dream is a shooter with a slightly different controller?

OH NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This, what first-party multiplayer games does Sony have any more? They used to have some for PS3 like Warhawk and MAG but dont exist any more.

I'm so excited to play SIE multi games on Epic games store!

I don't care about "multiplayer titles", I just want Tokyo Jungle on a relevant platform.

Killzone 3 was sick.

Killzone is pretty much a dead series after Shadowfall and with Guerilla Games focusing on Horizon.

Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, ReCore, other shit

Those aren't big.

>shooter
>with a controller
dumbass

>Halo
dead
>Gears
dead
>Forza
on PC for ages
>Fable
dead
>Perfect Dark
dead
>Killer Instinct
dead
>ReCore
deader than dead

Killzone 3 please

MS is on top of their shit for once. Gamepass will be in everything in the next few years, and after whatever the next Xbox is, they'll have no need to make more consoles.

>Halo
Coming next gen
>Gears
Coming this Fall
>Forza
PC isn't a console
>Fable
Coming next gen
>Perfect Dark
Coming next gen
>Killer Instinct
Next gen
>ReCore
Next gen

I never thought I'd say it but im fucking done with Sony after death stranding (idk if it will even be good anymore).
Their games are bullshit movie games and they admit they dont hold "fun" paramount anymore, only caring about "experiences".
PSN is overpriced and I never use it anyway.
Got my credit card hacked and they are dragging their fucking feet on giving me my money back.
Sony doubling down in the cringiest way on muh female empowerment, lgbt b.s., and the like doesnt help either.
If they really are going to lose exclusives, then I cant wait to play on my new high-end gaming pc. Switch will keep me tethered to the console world though.

But they already stated they will always make consoles and that Halo and their other big franchises will only be playable on Xbox and PC so you can keep dreaming of it coming to PlayStation or Switch.

>j-just wait next gen
thanks for proving me right

Kill yourself, you fucking retard.

I proved you wrong, enjoy years of SJW movie trash.

It's a shame, I liked Shadowfall too.

:)
>enjoy years of SJW movie trash.
But Im not hyped for Gears of feminism or Halo Infinite dissapointment

It was an ok game, it just pretty much ended the franchise though with its story.

In Gears 5 you also play JD and Kait isn't a Lesbo. Halo Infinite has Master Chief showing all of his masculinity, something Sony would be too a afraid to show.

>In Gears 5 you also play JD and Kait isn't a Lesbo.
Sorry but that's not what promotional videos show me, all I see is another female empowerement fantasy
>Halo Infinite has Master Chief showing all of his masculinity
Shown in? All I've seen is him getting rescued by a goblino also if he's so masculine why hasnt Halo being relevant in a decade while GoW became GOTY?

Good news I guess?
>Exclusives for systems is stupid gatekeeping anyways.
> Fanboys and girls need to die in a fire.
More games to more systems is always a plus. I honestly don't understand people projecting on the systems they have: here's a lesson: your not part of a team or a group, you're not special, you're just being a good consumer, that's all.

>tfw Twisted Metal on PC

>Multiplayer titles will come to PC
>Don't make multiplayer games

People do want Dreams on PC unironically

It is on Microsoft Windows already.

Three years ago, when they said that this gen was going to be the last console gen, I really didn't want to believe it. Sadly it seems to ring too true, to ignore.

>your not part of a team or a group
You are though user, literally. I mean, I'm not sorry about Sony bringing stuff to the PC at all, I think that's good. But network effects and cost amortization are real things. The more stuff that exists for a platform, the more that platform will sell, the more devs will target and optimize, and even more stuff will exist for it, etc. This is just as true on the PC, Windows has far more and far better optimization and vidya than Mac or Linux (let alone the BSDs) ever have or probably ever will have.

It's totally logical for people to push their own platform of choice if they think it's the best core one. The problem is a tragedy of the commons type thing, what makes sense for maximum economics individually results in monopolies that in turn fuck things up for everyone down the road.

Attached: 1264000030083.jpg (182x195, 8K)

Say it with me.

DEMON SOULS
BLOODBORNE
THE LAST OF US
RATCHET AND CLANK

EPIC
EXCLUSIVE
ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha imagine the shitshow from steambabies!

Those aren't multiplayer.

>B-but! My wittle stweam Stowe!

No.

>says this after showing Predator Gameplay at Gamescom.

that game looked rough and looked so uninteresting

Your not wrong, I guess what annoys the most is the taking part int it: or, moreso, they actually believing that one system is better than the other, but by your logic: one game that is good optimized on one system, would also be good optimized on another system...
I understand why it's done by publishers, but actually defending it, as a fanboy is not understanding the system. It's just marketing ploy in the end, nothing more, and defending it, even standing up for it...

"Yea Forums is one person" posts are usually retarded, but you're something special.

no shit it's from the Friday the 13th devs

why would anybody say with you something so stupid?

Probably something like Dreams on PC just to explode the creation process more.

>Your not wrong, I guess what annoys the most is the taking part int it: or, moreso, they actually believing that one system is better than the other, but by your logic: one game that is good optimized on one system, would also be good optimized on another system...
But the systems are different. Sometimes minor, sometimes major, but there are differences in terms of what raw power they have, special features (like Kinect on the bone or handheld on the Wii U or Switch), etc. If someone wants to see their system pushed to the limits by a lot of games, not just 1st Party, that'll mostly only happen if it's very successful and thus justifies the effort.

Also, again there is the economics. Being an idort simply costs more money. You, individually, get maximum bang/$ if every single game targets or at least comes out on one single system, your system. Then you only had to spend $300-400 or whatever and you can play everything. If you have to buy 3 systems it's more money (and clutter).

Again though it's definitely better long term if there is robust competition, even if it's less efficient individually. But if we could expect humans to always be selfless and think of the future and all that, well, the world would be a very different place. Fanboys actually kind of fill a useful role there by supporting systems even when they're losing and it's not economically rational. They also can jumpstart gens by buying early, when there isn't actually much stuff and no sales. That has helped ensure competition for the rest of us. They're still obnoxious shits, just saying we profit from it somewhat. And it's hard to stamp out completely because there are real arguments for it anyway.

Attached: 1374213205172.jpg (443x388, 25K)

COPE Nintendo fucker,it trust one day his games in PC and other consoles.

Maybe for companies that aren't Nintendo.

Random user, is able to say why multibillion dollar company, with some of the smartest people in business, paying millions on consulting and strategy is retarded for diversifying long term

Don't mind because fuck PS+.Only thing stopping me from playing Wipeout HD and Everybody's Golf.

If a company owns a ip isn't it more profitable to put it on different platforms, like if Microsoft put Halo on switch and PS4 they still get even more money then it just being exclusive to Xbox

Attached: 1537574251270.png (449x642, 450K)

>Sorry but that's not what promotional videos show me, all I see is another female empowerement fantasy
Someone didn't watch the new Story Trailer today. Also, pic related.

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x900, 177K)

Microsoft tried to put the MCC on PS4. I think they were told no outright.

>Sony's first party multiplayer titles might come to other platforms
So....

Everybody's Golf?

We don't know this since Matt Booty straight up said they're never putting Halo on anything other than Xbox and PC.

>Sony releases their game son EGS
>Microsoft release their games on Steam
>Console War gets ported to PC

>Nintendo starts porting games 5 years after everyone else and exclusively on Uplay

Wait, What if there's a PlayStation Launcher?

>Patapon 1 & 2 on Switch
>Patapon Hero is Sony's rep in Smash

>D-don't worry the games are coming!
Shut up Phil. You can't keep telling people the games are coming then show up to E3 every year for half a decade with Gears/Halo/Forza and a bunch of literal who indie games

>Sony
>multiplayer
Like what? It's all walking simulators ffs

kino

Attached: 1564018377102.jpg (840x544, 58K)

Gran Turismo on PC would actually be a significant port.

At least the Xbox is getting indie games, what about Sony?

>At least the Xbox is getting indie games, what about Sony?
They are getting them too? Also is the Xbone that wortheless their defense force has to resort to fucking indie games to make it appealing?

Warhawk would be a good one.

I’m super Sony fan and I’m happy about this. Why should I care if more people get to enjoy the games I enjoyed?

Nah, Nintendo has IPs.

>w-we just keep winning...

Attached: 1562140998563.png (573x346, 355K)

I don't know, I think it would die very quickly. I'm skeptical as fuck of any multiplayer game because of that

>Nintendo has AN IP
fixed

Warhawk had a populated online for 10 years straight before my PS3 died and I could no longer play it so I'm sure it'd do just fine.

I wish it was GOG or Humble Store, but still kino anyways.

>DEMON SOULS
>THE LAST OF US
>RATCHET AND CLANK
already on RPCS3

No, they're not, Sony is giving indie devs and AA devs the middle finger, unlike Microsoft and Nintendo.

Pfft... Holy shit, he basically confirmed death stranding is coming to PC didn't he?

>>Microsoft release their games on Steam
Wat. Microsoft literally has their own store already. That'd be a totally natural place to put any games they haven't made windows multiplats already.

>Wait, What if there's a PlayStation Launcher?
That'd make sense? If Sony and Nintendo both did that it'd arguably be more justified then Epic's for example, they are in fact actual platform owners. Though I think both would probably do a shitty job of it in practice, in principle it'd make sense particularly if they leveraged the connection to let you buy a game once and use it on PC and console, or to have discounts or some other sort of tie-in with no extra effort.

>No, they're not,
Splelunky 2 is PS4 and PC
Risk of Rain 2 is coming to PS4 along the other consoles
If anything it's the indie and AA devs giving the finger to Microsoft, specially the Japanese ones

Do you mean Mario, Zelda, or Smash?

SOCOM IS SAVED!

Keep telling yourself that, next gen will be a repeat of last gen except without the Sony recovering.

>n-next time for sure
Well you're already used to the empty promises of Phil so one more wouldnt hurt I guess

>with some of the smartest people in business
>Sony
This is the same company that hired Pharrell to do the soundtrack for their spiderman movie.
They're not the smartest.

Nice.
I really have no interest in buying a console, console guys, you need to understand this.
If I can't play your game on PC I just won't play it, and Sony realizes this.
Besides, brand loyalty is retarded.

Forgot Sony literally makes the only Official Baseball game

In other words, Death Stranding and that shitty Predator game will be on PC.

>Sony Pictures is the same as SCE, or any other division of one of the most sprawling multinationals on the planet for that matter
I don't 100% agree with that user either after how they fumbled the PS3's early years or let SCEA undermine the Vita, but that's not a great argument.

Fucking genius by Sony and Microsoft. There going to try and strongarm Nintendo into Multiplatform by making them stand out as only having exclusives and chastise them for it. Just like how Epic chastises Steam

This.

What has happened is that Nintendo has won the console war. Sony and Microsoft blew BILLIONS of dollars trying to dominate the console industry but was foiled by a hybrid console which overnight killed all of them momentum.

So now they are trying to push 'games as a service' to try and move the industry past consoles. This was always their plan (Sony has been suggesting as since before the PS4 even launched) but it does feel like they're going all in at this point. With streaming services in other industries taking off, Playstation and Xbox being multimedia machines really has no purpose and does nothing but drive up costs.

but it won't work.
nintendo fans will still pay an arm and a leg for rehashed controllers, amiibo, and cardboard.
Their exclusives are still selling extremely well and will only get stronger when theyre on that island of exclusivity all on their own.

This is what I still dont get. why are sony and xbox so set on making their console more than a dedicated, reliable gaming machine. Absolutely noone uses switch for hulu/youtube/netflix and its doing great.

Because when you get right down to it Playstation's success never really had anything to do with gaming. It had everything to do with flashy gimmicks like FMV and being able to play DVDs. That's what drove people to the brand.

>lost all of third party exclusives
>lost most of second party partnerships
>ports first party games to pc, even the fresh AAA ones
>less than 10 serious first party studios
>each game is developed 5 years on average
>says there are gonna be even less and even bigger games developed
>forcing censorship of third parties
>losing niche multiplats to even appear on playatation
>paid online
>says wants to port even more of (little amount of) exclusives to PC

He's killing sony, isn't he?

>stadia

KEK

Yes

Sony has been on the way out for years, user. It's amazing seeing all of these articles and posts from ZhugeEX assuring us that Sony is doing better than ever, while I know people personally who have been laid off by Sony in the past several years.

It will be very interesting to see how things develop. There is a very clear dissonance between the narrative that Sony is dominating the gaming industry, and the reality that they're pulling moves like this.

>Microsoft knows that the money they lose from the people who go "well if it's not exclusive I'll just get it on PC and not get an Xbox" is far less than the money they get from selling to an additional market.

It's not. Most of Microsoft's and Sony's profits on consoles come from the cut 30% of selling third party games. And on pc they cannot beat steam to force third parties to pay them the tax. Hell, even steam doesn't have all of the third parties that consoles have like EA games, Blizzard, Forknite etc.

>SONY IS EVILLLLLLLLLLLL EXCLUSIVES ARE CANCER AND RUINING THE INDUSTRYYYYYYYY WHY DON'T THEY SUPPORT CROSSPLAYYYYYYYYYYYY

>AHAHAHAHA SONY ON SUICIDE WATCH NO EXCLUSIVES AND CROSSPLAY WTF LMAO

>PS is dying
Last time Yea Forums parroted this, the PS4 came out and steamrolled everything that was on its way

There's no playstation without exclusives and no sony games in the longer perspective. They won't fund a shit while being third party.

to be fair, in 2019 ea on has 2k fifa madden going for them which nobody on pc is interested in, fortnite is a big lose but it's just 1 game, and blizzard will be dead soon.

>Sony just acquired one of the biggest independant studio to make them ore exclusives
>Somehow they are on the verge of dying because they will port that shitty Predator game to PC
They will do this because multiplayer games nowadays require a large userbase and competition is fierce to maintain a game alive. Everything else will be the same

This, also will dump whatever garbage that didnt sell well, expect The Order coming to PC soon

>ZhugeEX

More like huge faggot.

While also cutting and selling buildings and divisions. To be fair to them, it was about time they'd cut out the bloody, pus infected limbs like Vaio and their phones, but it still shows that it's not all rosy. Furthermore, PS5 gonna have to compete with a juggernaut in the switch, vs competing with 2 stillborns in the WiiU and the Xbone

It was thanks to PS3 recovery and goodwill and all these Japanese excluives. PS5 won't have those anymore.

Calling Insomniac independent is a very big stretch, they have been a de-facto sony studio for a decade at least.

Independent just means not owned by anyone.

Pokemon

Yeah, and that has no insidence on the fact that they have been de-facto sony only studio for more than a decade, and Sony buying them changes nothing to the grand scheme of things

Nope. Detroit, Heavy Rain, Death Stranding, Journey, Monkey King - those are already on pc. And multiplayer games, for which to play you need to pay ps plus, coming to pc with free online is like spitting in the face of playstation goyim buyers.

whats wrong with the pro controller?

Attached: 1545520659704.jpg (565x561, 33K)

>PS5 gonna have to compete with a juggernaut in the switch
Not like it matters, PS4 came out while the 3DS was selling like crazy and still outsold it
>vs competing with 2 stillborns in the WiiU and the Xbone
hold up, didn't Yea Forums said that the WiiU would rape the PS4 in sales?
>all these Japanese excluives
>PS5 won't have those anymore.
Yes user just like P5 wont ever be on a Playstation system

>First Microsoft
> Now PlayStation

Will Nintendo be receiving games from Microsoft AND Sony?

PS5 having backwards compatibility with PS4 ensures that the console will not fail, unless Sony makes a major mistake. There are over one billion games sold on PS4. People won't abandon all these games like that if they can play them on the new hardware with newer games added
Switch will be fine with its bing bing wahoo and indie games, but thinking that they can make a dent into the PS4 market is wishful thinking and even Nintendo knows it

Fuse, Sunset Overdrive, Song of the Deep, Oculus VR games

they are retard
cope harder your opinion is shit

keep consuming

>unless Sony makes a major mistake
$599.99 + 25%(ChinaxTrump problems)

Unless it's actually uncensored video games, no thanks. Don't really want movies.

Attached: no thanks.png (1440x810, 588K)

>Detroit, Heavy Rain
David Cage company got bought out by EGS and also said he didnt want to be involved with Sony anymore
>Death Stranding
Despite what Kojima said, there's still no announcement of it coming to PC
>Journey
thatgamecompany wasnt affiliated with Sony, just made a couple of games for them
>Monkey King
Same as Detroit and Journey

None of these are from Sony Worldwide Studios

>all these Japanese excluives
>PS5 won't have those anymore.
>Yes user just like P5 wont ever be on a Playstation system

People were buying playstations for specially those exclusive niche titles. I mean maybe one or two kusoge is not enough, but when there are 50 exclusive kusoges it is worth to buy the platform.

you think that
but think about all the money xbox and epic make with fortnite and fifa
coinsole numbers and shit are the same thing

>thatgamecompany wasnt affiliated with Sony, just made a couple of games for them
Sony still owns the IP and trademark of their games.

Why would they go and buy a 600 console that will have no game at launch? Be real, they will make 95% of every new game PS4-PS5 crossgens for 2-3 years at minimum. You KNOW it's the truth

>this neogaffer cope
lmao your precious console wars are coming to an end

I mean it already made its money, also those games were already ported to phones and no one said anything

The thing is PS4 has almost no worthwile games. And the worst thing is PS5 won't play or let you buy PS3 or PS2 titles, which isn't cool when on pc you can emulate (and pirate) it for free.

>which isn't cool when on pc you can emulate (and pirate) it for free.
If people took that into account, the S/NES mini would've flopped and Switches would be collecting dust in the shelves

Sony still owns everything except Monkey King game

Is anyone actually surprised by this?
Consoles are an antiquated concept anyways, it's obvious that they're on their way out.

They own the publishing rights maybe, but not the IP

[citation needed]

yeah dude netflix is the way to go
they are making billions

Doesn't matter, because all of them except Monkey are owned by sony. And Shawn "Cuck" Layden has told in the interview that he's gonna port games from HIS sony studios.

Just like the PS3 to PS4 transition then and yet the PS4 is at 100M now
A console gen is not a sprint, it's a marathon. What matters is not how you start but how you cross the finishing line

>the S/NES mini would've flopped

Playatation mini flopped

>because all of them except Monkey are owned by sony.
user this is like saying Bayo is a Nintendo IP when its clear Sega owns it, they just let them use it because they paid for it

funny how sony shareholders are now pressuring him to do this

Everything will be in Tel Aviv's cloud.

And by your logic the S/NES mini should've flopped but it didnt, so your argument is flawed

© aka copyright aka IP

t. neogaf

Shawn Layden is the cancer of Sony IE. He's killing the playstation brand

Who cares?
The people in charge don't even give a fuck about the brand, why the fuck do you?

Bayo is SEGA IP with sequel games (the actual code) owned by Nintendo, Sony owns those earlier mentioned franchises

Nintendo owns the sequels but not the whole IP

It didn't because nintendo has the cultist-like fanboys. Sony doesn't have those.

Why would they push it? They've had the record playstation proffits for the last few years.

I don't. I play nintendo exclusively now.

Playstation's competitor is Xbox, not PC. That's why they are engaging in the acquisition war now and are also planning to some stuff (inconqequential multiplayer games mostly) to various platforms. PC only exists to supplement them in their main console business

>imagine being this retard because of his console warfaggotry

Attached: 1564325414171.png (240x240, 83K)

So just like I've said?

It's about expanding their network.
It's what MS has been doing for quite some time and it's where the big money is going to be, it's not even some kind of secret. They want people to give money to their service.
Nintendo already lost when they let MS in their bloodstream

nintendo doesn't need such proliferation tho
it's not their target and their actual target is profitable

Pushing for less exclusives is damaging the future brand proffit as a whole. And they have had very good last few FYs so they are not on the verge of bankruptcy to do so.

It's not about exclusives, it's third party full exclusives.
If your console has none, it ain't worth shit.

Good, it can do better to die a lot faster.

Every place you can port the game is a competition to the other place you can play the game. Even Switch is competition to playstation and xbox too.

go explain that to the shareholders

nintendo openly told them about not going mobile and did

they always win faggot
go back to resetera and try to acquire sony. it's the only way to save it

Does Sony even make multiplayer games anymore? Struggling to think of even one recent one. I think there was a golf game or something.

>nintendo doesn't need such proliferation tho
You mean that they can't.
>their actual target is profitable
They will have to give away some of that at some point when they have to use services that aren't theirs.
It's also about gaining information. There is a lot to this kind of shit
There will be exclusives, just tied to a service.
This. The whole "Nintendo isn't competing with the others anyways" shit was just some stupid delusion Nintendo drones came up with last gen and was somewhat of a thing during the Wii since they were doing so great that neither Sony or MS seemed to be able to catch up

>It's about expanding their network

Dude, do you remember the clusterfuck that was the psn launch? Or hacking? Or namechanges shit and how shitty is ps store even for this day? Do you know that the the dude personally responsible for designing and managing of those has been promoted to the first CEO of the whole company like a year ago? I'm not joking.

Everybody's Golf is great. No idea why Sony didn't even bother putting up an ad on the PSN frontpage.

Did you get in a coma during the 7th gen and just woke up?

>Chief
>Masculine
Yikes. Warhammer 40k says hello heretic

how gay

If you buy a Sony game on Playstation or PC your money will go to Sony either way
Just like how Sony is right now publishing games on mobile (ForwardWorks) and Switch via that indie label in Japan. The money comes from software not hardware

Yeah, but its not like halo or gears is gonna be on fucking ps4!

MS shouldn't have a console at this fucking point, really.

>go back to resetera and try to acquire sony. it's the only way to save it

Dude, retardera are pro nintendo + pc and against playstation exclusives. Just check the thread about Death Stranding coming to pc - people were literally banned for dissagreeing or negating this decision.

One of their biggest exclusives starts with a father and son felling trees

>Bloodborne in 4k/60fps will happen in your lifetime

Its finally happening

Attached: 1238208552887.gif (361x365, 47K)

now it can actually sell some copies too

I'm just wondering if ISPs will ever get off their asses long enough to make a Stadia future possible?

>There will be exclusives, just tied to a service

Thing is you profit from the cut of third party sales. And you can't tie them to your service without locked hardware. On pc and with streaming they will go their own way.

Yea, just like everyone went full indie and no longer made their games available through a publisher.
Oh wait, that's not what happened at all.

people have been saying this for years. they said this gen would be the last and it's one of the most successful generations ever. consoles will continue to exist but it's time they begin getting big changes again. we're going to see more connectivity between them with exclusive content and better power/QoL to compensate

PC always wins baby

>comparing companies with 40 employees with multi billion dollar conglomerates

PS runs like shit on PS4, PS3, Vita and pc browser too. Amateur things like psprices.com site works better than ps store.

Are you retarded?
You just tried to argue that the main profit comes from third party sales, which is something that doesn't go away if they release their games on PC.
Again, are you an invalid or something?

>40Kfag

>They will have to give away some of that at some point when they have to use services that aren't theirs.
You're a bit too late to the party. That already happened.

Attached: c434ebdd752b90da6c384d7422ca2190.png (1920x1080, 725K)

>comparing companies with 40 employees with multi billion dollar conglomerates

Please let Gravity Rush get this treatment. Kat's games deserve all the exposure they can get.

If I buy sony's game on pc, I won't buy playstation. If I won't buy playstation, I won't buy any third party games on playstation and thus sony will lose 30% of every potential sale and microtransaction. Not to speak I won't pay for ps plus. I'm not the only one, most of Yea Forums is like this.

Meh, whatever, just keep whining that Sony is putting their games on PC, I'm sure that'll get you somewhere.

Oh hey, I saw your post on gematsu.
Are all ESLs as autistic as you?

retard

>most of Yea Forums is like this
"Most of Yea Forums" isn't representative of the general public who doesn't give a rat's ass what particular box a given game is on. They'd sooner get a stripped down version of a game on a phone than go through the trouble of hooking up a dedicated PC to play the "best" version of the same game. Too much trouble.

they actually could use failed franchises like gravity rush to test the waters

Attached: 1532011686333.jpg (673x1024, 123K)

Things like stadia will never work without literal teleporting. You can't beat delays without discovering new law of physics.

That's it, keep seething.

Doesn't matter, normalfags won't care if it means their kids can use their phones to keep themselves entertained instead of having to buy a $300-$600 console.

Read those ubisoft's old jew CEO interviews - he smells the shekels like a dog.

have sex

Cope

Oh yea, Ubishit is among the worst, the only people who still support them are usually genuine idiots.

Yeah, and that's why xbone is tanking? Because exclusives doesn't matter, right?

Xbone tanked because it was $100 years more than the PS4 for 2 years after release and ran games worse.
There's a reason the biggest games on PS4/Xbone are multiplats.

Attached: PS4 top 10.png (906x960, 176K)

>tanking
>boss of entertainment branch unacknowledged by the ceo was promoted to council position of biggest company in the world
heh

This, plus the XBOX brand is generally a punchline outside of the US.

Dude, you weren't having a replychain with him, it was me before the classic "seething - cope - etc." path. And indies don't mean much, it's the AAA third party industry that makes the money. Besides those on pc people are gonna buy indies and smaller third parties via steam anyway. You can't beat it without purchasing it, gaben is too big too lose.

I mean, it kinda has/is tanked? The Xbox hasn't even reached 40m sales yet and by this time last gen the PS Tripple was already making a massive comeback.

I think exclusives are apart of it, but they've also failed to capture the "general" audience like the PS4 has. People still unironically think it's the best place to play 3rd-party games.

Put this shit on Xbox and Switch, please. I want to jack off.

yes resetera numbers are right
stay there counting the numbers

Okay, so you're illiterate?
Let's walk it back.
You implied here that you can't tie someone to a service without locked hardware, I called you a fucking retard because Sony still publishes the games and still takes the money, if they want they could easily just launch their own PC platform and sell their games there, just like EA, Ubisoft, and Acti-Blizzard.
The point with indies was that if going to PC meant devs will "go their own way," then every dev on PC would be making indie games.
Which is not the case.

Can't, I need to post on this place too

It's the embrace tactic to ridicule Sony and Nintendo, and as it shows with this interview - it starts to work. Microsoft is the biggest, if everything is multiiplat they can easly win.

>because it was $100 years more than the PS4 for 2 years after release

Less than a year, for few months. And then you had cheapest One S and strongest One X.

He got promoted because he said "fuck consoles" and decided to expand the thing that raked in the money, XBL subscriptions, and got it in PC and is currently trying to expand it to every platform possible.

At some point, terrorists and "terrorists" will only have old vidya to play

>Less than a year, for few months.
No, for about 2 years.
Kinect wasn't dropped until 2015.
>And then you had cheapest One S and strongest One X.
The One S was roughly the same price as a base PS4 when it released in 2016, and the One X launched at $500.

How could he get in a coma and only just wake up, if name changes was just a few months ago?

PS3 was making a comeback because they got some games on that thing and devs somewhat got how to finally develop for the stupid thing while the big 360 titles was Kinect shit.

X1 didn't really make that much of a comeback but the Xbox brand in general is doing fine I guess.
Basically Phil made it by going PC

great under $20 console.

Why would you want to test the waters with games that dont sell well to begin with?

You don't understand me. I meant big publishers won't tribute to sony on pc (or streaming) and indies and smaller games are irrelevant, because they will always sell the most on steam. And as of "first party only" service by sony you've implied - their first party profits are peanuts compared with third party profits.

You had kinectless bundles

It's irrelevant because Playstation as a platform will still exist and all the little kiddies will still play on consoles.
If anything streaming poses a much greater threat to their bottom line than games being on PC does.

They work like ass, like as a coder you would be disgusted with the result if implementation.

selling anything at this point will profit more than keeping them exclusive

Kiddies have limited buypower. You can't have successfull 100 million platform with only kiddies. And turbonormalfags who only care about FIFA and don't care about exclusives could always shift to Xbox if it's cheaper.

>Kiddies have limited buypower.
But their parents don't.

advertising them anywise at this point would profit more. gravity rush would be bigger if not being swept under the rug by the very sony

With the censorship of ps4 games I expect enough financial loss from sony so that the jak, ratchet and sly trilogies will be ported to Nintendo, xbox and personal computer platforms.

That's wrong purely for the fact that Sony is going to give up its gaming business over its cold, dead body. Gaming is partly what keeps the whole company afloat. As soon as Sony realizes they're being dumbshits and just cuts their losses in the movie industry, maybe this situation will change, but I sincerely doubt Sony is ever going to look in the mirror and realize it has to focus on what it's good at. It's pretty good at making big AAA blockbusters.

who cares bloodborne is literally the only game people want to see on other platforms

Because of what said. It only didn't sell well because it was sent out to die by Sony. The amount of mismanagement they did with the IP was astounding. It's seriously like it was intentional with just how awful it all was.

sony completely understands this and has said outright that they consider PC competition to playstation, they're only considering this for multiplayer games to have more income, expect F2P games like the tomorrow children

Their movies got better (at least saleswise), but the rest except the camera parts is shitting itself. Of course you have their insurance and banking division, which is a whole different thing and will survive even if the "SONY" brand dies itself.

everyone should be able to play bloodborne

>It's pretty good at making big AAA blockbusters.
Mainly because gamers have really really low standards.

master chief collection and queers of war are launching on steam as well as the windows store because microsoft decided they want people to actually buy and play their games

Starting with them all of MS first party games are gonna release on Steam

I can't really call it Queer if we're still playing JD in the campaign.

why
not even ps4 owners play it

why not on both stores, gog too, why that fanaticism of having to prefer only one store?

>t's pretty good at making big AAA blockbusters.
kek

Remember having Snake in MGS2? Good times.