Physical skill costs MP

>Physical skill costs MP

Attached: 1523492931326.jpg (400x240, 66K)

If you're saying it's retarded, it's also kind of retarded to have all your physical stuff cost HP too.

Was he right?

Attached: dunkey_0.png (1684x751, 191K)

How so?

Why would a physical attack hurt the user?

>only does IK on Smirk

Exactly. Even more retarded than it taking MP.

It's like how picking up something heavy like a barbeque or weight puts strain on your muscles. That's what i thought.

You channel your physical strength into a move, that is much more complicated than normal physical attack.

It uses energy aka mana

t. people who never did anything physical in their lives

So ki attacks run off your HP instead of your MP?

If all physical moves were 'physical' i could accept it but stuff like heat wave, Ragnarok and some others costing HP is retarded

Is ki based off your stamina or spiritual energy?

>Physical skill costs nothing at all
>Playing warrior becomes even easier than it usually is

It's based around the sex drive of the user. It channels the primordial instinct of race preservation into destructive force.

Yes but he forgot hoyposting.

Attached: 1538427303336.jpg (1200x1061, 326K)

I always though physical attacks required some type of strained telekinesis that hurt the user which is why it costed hp. Alternatively, it’s because
>punch someone
>your hand hurts after

>Physical skills are free use once you learn them and spells require prep time or mana, but they don't scale for damage at higher levels versus magic.

Why do people still deny that SJ is mainline? Is just people who don't like it or are people just being retarded because it's not a numbered entry?

IV:A > IV
In both story and gameplay.

Autism i guess

>he doesn't want to sniff toki's ass
gay

Attached: 1552739855243.jpg (646x1024, 99K)

>>punch someone
>>your hand hurts after
I guess this somewhat makes logical sense, but why does it only apply to the player then? Bosses don't have to spend HP for physical skills

I only consort with demons.

4 had the better story by miles

but you can turn her into your slave, isn't that basically the same as having a demon?

Apocalypse has more likable characters

It has more than twice the characters but one of those characters is nozomi

Not a single on of them are likable, except maybe Dagda who was 100% right.

>nozomi
Blame IV for her
Everyone is likable. IV has like four characters and only two of them are interesting, Johnathan and Walter.

She didn’t have a personality in 4 so I blame apocalypse

ki is literally life energy and associated with martial arts.
I love IV and IVA but I hope SMTV returns to physical moves costing HP since it makes sense and it balances demons who don't have a large MP pool out much better.

They're all parasites who only follow you because you're strong enough to carry their useless asses in a fight. They then have the nerve to be indignant when you choose dagda as if they, who shacked you to the job of saving their asses, have any right to determine how it's done.

>Everyone is likable.
Except Nozumi, Gaston, and Hallelujah. Tempted to put Toki there as well due to her persona like interactions with MC and asahi.

>Dagda
Mindless shitter. Can't think for yourself and need to be told what you want.

The floating snotball isn't much better than gaston.

>he doesn't want to purge humanity of weakness and dependence
>probably because muh feefees
You're the sort of retrograde monkey I'd use as Flynn's training dummy.

Attached: 1566183209885.jpg (400x240, 82K)

Gaston and hallelujah are way fucking better than toki, asashi, and nozomi

You don't want to purge humanity of weakness and dependence, Dagda does. He spends the entire game telling you what you're supposed to feel and here you are parading that like it was your own desire.

Dagda is just a worse naoya
>humans should become strong without gods and allies
>never rely on another
He’s fucking chaos

Attached: 1530446769013.png (1068x1212, 1.16M)

I'd do it even if he didn't ask me to. I absolutely hate that being human makes being social mandatory.

He's not chaos, everyone becomes equally strong. There's no hierarchy of strength, just freedom.

Jonathan and Walter werent one dimensional anime characters. I fucking hated apocolypes friend characters. Fucking every single one of them were just anime stereotypes with independant motivations or personality.
Maybe this was intentional to sell dagdas kill your frenz thing more but they are such shallow empty characters.

>MP is a second HP meter in disguise

Attached: 1552678260785.jpg (236x185, 11K)

Physically touching demons is harmful.

Because HP can represent more than just wounds.
It can represent tiredness, stability, even morale.

based SO3
I wish more games did shit like that, managing two different health bars each with unique options that consume them is a fantastic idea and hasn't been explored that much in vidya

Its retarded if you think characters should get hurt using phyical skills.
But if well done its pretty dang fun. Its more rewarding when you pull of a skill that costs your life.

Attached: 0B23C15FEC4949DA85C01CD03BC40896.jpg (768x1024, 129K)

we need an option to call Isamu a loser neet to damage him in the Nocturne remake

The fact that it didn't catch on is a pretty solid indication that it's not a mechanic that should be tried more often

Isamu sounds a bit schizoid.
If he is, calling him a loser neet might only motivate him to fight harder.

>your actually retarded if you think x
>thinks x

Baka user kun. Im just saying it wouldnt be realistic.

Go punch a wall bro did that hurt? Tell me
i can see your reasoning but once you start having spells and magic anything is possible

>acting as if that's a bad thing
retard

I once ran a tabletop campaign that started out as Persona, but then once I got the Persona Users into a room with Philemon, hit the world with the Conception. Played up the idea of Philemon being the neutral path in using him to restore the world to how it was. Party ragequit over being rused into an SMT game before it could go anywhere, but what can you do.