Is it worthy in the year of our Lord 2018+1?

Is it worthy in the year of our Lord 2018+1?

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just a comfy, midly challenging space simulator I can goof around solo or coop.

Attached: NMS.jpg (639x361, 35K)

Fuck off, Sean.

Its space minecraft. I like it

i got tired after two days , still got 1 billion units left and nothing to buy

Stop seething, my man. It's been 3 years.

Cool. Is it challenging? Immersive?

Why did you get bored, user? What do you think it's missing?

Not challenging but pretty immersive

Also, if you're looking for combat this isnt the game for you. At its core no mans sky is a just a chill sandbox game with heavy emphasis on grinding and collecting resources

Comfy and empty

I see. I guess I just don't want to buy it and then get drop it when I realize it's just mining and no real activities besides getting more ores.

Something along bounty hunting or spaceship fighting, along the lines of Spore, would have been perfect.

You can look over your own fleet of freighters and frigates and send them to missions and space battles but that requires a lot of resources

It's basically Minecraft in space, but with more grinding, and less features overall. It's fun and I'm enjoying it much more after the new update, but honestly I still can't recommend it at full price. Wait till a steam sale or something. It is fun to play while listening to music or podcasts.

I think i got bored because I traveled to SO many different planets and i felt the same, different terrain but same feeling.
I would like there to be planets with .....

Villages that are thriving on planets at different stages, primitive to advanced
more Aliens,
Sexy female ones
Giants! like huge monsters you can try and take down, 1 per planet randomly doing their own shit
Custom Ship design
It was a great place to get lost in but I just got tired of the same stuff

the game runs fucking awful
terrible FPS

Attached: 1540461679968.png (511x296, 232K)

>less features
I don't think that's necessarily the case with beyond now, especially now that they added their own redstone system

its the same shitty game it was at launch
none of the actual core issues have been addressed

Which are?

inventory and grind
even in endgame you still have to farm low level items because you don't have infinite amounts of storage space

Can't you build bases for that shit?

>build base with storage containers
>storage containers all share the same inventory
you're also only limited to 10 containers for base
which is really fucking stupid

Hardmode: is it worth getting even without vr?

Would you, in sum, not recommend it? It's at half price right now and I'm wondering if I should or shouldn't.

If it's half price I'd buy it, but I'm a total sucker for free roaming crafting games. It's a good game to play while listening to music or half watching something on TV.

You actually can carry 10,000 pieces of resource up from 250 now.
Gathering Speed and stuff like that have been sped up all around. You're still gonna complain about that?

you're eventually going to run out of storage space since you can only build certain amount of storage containers
extending the amount you can hold won't fix the inevitable thing of running out of space to store shit

I think you're talking out your ass man. Iv been playing for 20+ hours and Iv only encountered inventory issues like, twice. Its vastly improved.

>474733724
oops

they do should let you build as many storage containers as you want on your base not just 9 with 5 spaces each
having a limit to how much shit you can have in a fucking resource gathering game is stupid

To everyone currently playing the game, what are the challenges thrown at you besides aggressive sentinels? What do you do after exploring a planet and drying it of its resources? Just fly to another one and repeat ad nauseum? Can you attack/get attacked by other players?

You can literally expand your own personal inventory that holds just as much, you can even buy personal cargo inventory.
Then you got ships, exocraft, freighters. You got plenty of space my dude.

I haven't seen a sentinel since the update, and it's nice. Sentinels were fucking stupid. "Let's add in something that keeps players from playing the game!"
So far it's basically obtain resources and go to another planet. Yeah.
I haven't seen any other players

Most challenging aspects are self imposed, like visiting aggressive sentinel planets, bothering biological horrors, or being on a planet where the air kills you. Otherwise, the missions that ask you to kill Biological Horrors or raid depots can get pretty good, especially since Sentinel Walkers show up in the latter.

None. The game really needs enemy factions or hostile planets or something.

There's not enough child rape for me to invest in this game

You can attack and kill other players if you wanna be that guy. Generally you're only gonna run into that opportunity if you're on a mission or playing with friends.

I still can't get over the core gameplay loop, you should have a static inventory like Terraria that gives you plenty of space to carry shit. I still can't stand that in order to craft one simple essential item like antimatter you need several slots of inventory space. And you can't just dump or sell shit because five minutes later you end up needing it. It's that annoying mid-game grind that makes me quit every time

It's a decent game if you have autism, and all the ED and SC spacefags claim NMS is the best space game in VR but I only play it because it isn't exclusively in space.
However as of yesterday the new patch broke so much shit and we have to wait for them to patch it all. So buy it while it's on sale but wait a week or two to start playing.

They ruined the base building in Beyond with fuck ugly power wiring

>It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just a comfy, midly challenging space simulator I can goof around solo or coop.
yes, if this is what you're looking for it's perfect. If you're looking for a good space game it's pretty shit

it's super immersive. It's challenging until you get a hang of the survival mechanics. Once you have enough resources there's almost 0 challenge because there's barely any enemies, space fights are a joke and they just nerfed sentinels which were the only challenge before. I guess the underwater portion is more challenging but haven't bothered with it.

see
If you're looking for challenge it's all in the survival mechanics in this game. That and rescource collecting - if you're looking for space fights you're in the wrong place

Not my lord

Damn it. Eh. I was hoping this wasn't the case, because it's usually not long until you get a steady feet on the game and then the only challenges left are enemies and bosses of the sort.

Maybe a future update/dlc will bring enemy factions? It's not unimaginable, the game still gets support.

>download new update to see the hype
>game runs 15-20fps worse than it used to
>changing graphics literally does nothing
>none of the '''''fixes''''' online do a damn thing

What sorcery do you have to put into a game to make it this fucked up?

Why do you retards farm when you can trade instead? Basic resources are dirt cheap and fossils can be sold for 1-2 million.

yeah its worth trying but not worth its price.
pirate it and see if you find it fun. personally, i had fun for around 20~ hours playing with a friend in coop

There are missions that are kill x pirates, creatures, sentinels. Sometimes when you just arrive into space there will be a friendly freighter being attacked that you can defend, if successful the owner offers to sell the freighter. With the addition of wandering npcs maybe they'll add bounties to some of them as well