Best Sly Cooper game?

For me it's 2.

Attached: 4734674837624.jpg (316x445, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2hgNeF24o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Easily 1 for me. 2 was way too easy and 3 was just kinda dill.

Plus clockwork was actually a badass villain

Respectable opinion. 1 felt too goofy to me, personally.

I wish it wasn't dead.

Rather than dead than to see a shitty sequel every 2 years. I hope they will just retcon thieves in time.

Kinda nostalgia related to it cause played with my little Sister. She got scared when i tilted so hard at that rythm game with the swamp boss.

I had the same thing, but everytime i know replay it i do it in 1 try. The biggest challenge for me back then was trying to beat Clock-la in 2.

The nice thing about 2 was the combination of polish as well as a bigger world. The whole carmelita ordeal kinda upsets me to this day though

Which ordeal are you referring to?

>tv show in october
How bad is it gonna be?

Was ages ago since i played it but didnt she double cross you in a pretty bitch ass way?

No, i think you either refer to Neyla or Penelope.

1. Best music, awesome tricks you could pull off such as superbouncing. Loved the ending more than the others too.

Sly 1 had some of the best opening and ending scenes of all time. Pure Lupin III styled stuff.
And your suit sucks.

I think they're all good in their own ways, but 2 sticks out as best with 1 close behind.
I thought one was a great starting point, a lot of ideas not fully fleshed out but put together well. 2 was an amazing sequel with a story I can remember beat for beat after not having played it for years, and I thought 3 had its issues but was still great, and the ending worked as both a conclusion and left the possibility of a sequel.
Never beat 4 though. didn't have as good a story as the rest, but the gameplay was fun, levels were good and the different ancestors I played as were pretty good. Carmelita seemed like more of a cunt than usual though, granted she did get betrayed by Sly.

>Neyla
Youre right

Btw, that dimitri boss fight had some great music

Sly 4 had a godawful ending, you are not missing out.

Yeah, honestly after the Penelope betrayal I just kind of gave up on the story matching any of the previous ones in quality.
Sold my PS3 pretty quick after, completely forgot I never beat the game and then realized I didn't care to anyway.
All the Sly Cooper easter eggs in Infamous make me kind of sad that Sucker Punch never made any after 3.

Attached: CooperMacGrath.jpg (1086x612, 116K)

>3 ended with Sly choosing a life with Carmelita over thieving
>4 starts with Sly having the itch to thief again

Jesus i hated that game.

The Penelope betrayal was the equivalent of Cortana going evil in later Halo games, it was nonsense writing.

If you get burnt out on Sly, play through the Ratchet and Jak games on PS2, they're also excellent.

Clockwork scared me as a kid. Giant mechanical owl ominously flapping at you and killing your parents while going "scrawwww" gave me the willies.

The scary part is the extent to which he tormented Sly's family. Literally taking out all his ancestors as he can be seen hiding in each photo.

How about in Sly 4 where that motherfucker can be seen watching shit going on, even in the canon-unfriendly caveman era. Imagine seeing that shit as a little kid.

Dude I never noticed that. I rushed through that game though, that's a pretty awesome detail they included.

It's a little underwhelming as he's less "eagle" and more roundish, which takes away from his scare factor, but the fact that he twitches around and has glowing red eyes far far in the distance is creepy nonetheless.

1 is my personal favorite just cause its the easiest to just pick up and play in an afternoon, but 2 is the better constructed game as far as the story goes and the proper feel of being a thief. I liked all the games Including 4

Never played 4 how does it differ from the rest? Is it mission-based like 1 or more open-ended like 2 and 3?

I shit bricks when i saw it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hr2hgNeF24o

If you are just in it for the gameplay then 4 is fine, it plays like 2 and even has the hidden bottles in the open world that 3 skimped on. The extra characters all (except for 1) are Sly + an additional gimmick so the gameplay is a bit more consistent like 2 and not a minigame fest like 3 was.

If you are in it for a Story, you're probably going to hate it.

>Playing the game back when i was young felt like it took weeks
>Completed 1 in 3 hours the other day

It's extremely fast when you ignore all the side-shit.

He looks more like a real owl and less like an eagle, which makes him look way less menacing, but it's still cool to start a new episode and see Clockwer stalking Sly's ancestors from the sidelines, waiting the right moment to attack and destroy the bloodline

Attached: Clockwerk battle damage.gif (2000x1200, 614K)

your suit sucks

Faithful remaster when? Pretty much keep it 1:1, maybe just increase the size of the open worlds and give more things to do in them instead of just run to each mission (side quests?).

But aside from that, keep everything identical.

Aslong suckerpunch is in charge. We don't want another disaster. And they should add bottles to 3.

Open world like 2/3, clue bottles like 2, repeat missions like 3, Carmelita is always playable when you reach a certain point in the story (even in previous episodes), the items/abilities gauge is always filled and recharges automatically (kinda) like 1. The amount of gadgets and abilities you can get is more limited but I'm personally more comfortable with how they work in this game because you are free to use them, and some of them are really cool (Murray's upgrades are 5 types of punches with special powers, not only fire, Bentley can use 5 different types of bombs all time rather than being limited to one specific bomb you throw at same distance, Sly gets 5 different suits with unique abilities like destroy rocks, reflect attacks or slow time). There's also another collectable that unlocks some easter eggs (Murray gets a scuba suit with Splinter cellish night vision goggles, Bentley gets a cop outfit based on Judge Dredd, Sly a superhero outfit based on Batman and Robin and a Carmelita gets one based on Batman Arkham City's Catwoman. You can also unlock two motifs for Sly's paralider and even replacements for Sly's cane, one is Ratchet's wrench and the other is Cole's amp).
It's honestly pretty solid, the gameplay is fun and I think it's good enough for a Sly game, the only problem is the story

Sly 4 had such an amazing opportunity to expand on LORE.

>Explore the backstories of each member of the Cooper family
>Clockwerk is known as another master thief
>But thieves don't have resentment towards each other, so the Cooper gang actually likes Clockwerk, or at the very least, respects him
>You find stories and notes throughout time where Cooper gang members talk about Clockwerk and his thieving prowess
>Each gang member is a little suspicious, but always too trusting
>Notes usually end with them stating how Clockwerk asked them to hang out and steal something together...

Reminder that Carmelita has blue sweaty pubes

Do these games emulate well yet or am I better off with the vita ports?

2 by a large margin. I really liked 4. 3 was a disappointment. 1 is too different to really compare.

I love all 3. Never played 4 out of principle because I hate the new art style and I never bothered to buy a PS3.

I hope they Sly trilogy will get a multiplat remaster trilogy like Crash & Spyro, but it seems unlikely because it's not owned by Activision

Attached: 1551126262528.png (796x461, 587K)

They changed it up too much in 2. 1 is where it's at.

Imagine if Clockwerk actually attacked you in 4 out of nowhere. You would be just collecting bottles and shit and out of the blue you're getting chased by an immortal mechanical owl.

Attached: 3463546873426.jpg (480x340, 20K)

difficulty doesn't necessarily make it good though. 1 just felt so unrefined compared to 2. that alone was a massive difference in quality.