Now that's the demon edition bullshit is out of the way

Now that's the demon edition bullshit is out of the way.

Let's talk about the future of MG.
What would you want to see?
A new game? a remake ? Another weird project? A reboot?

Considering the sheer number of old Kojipro members still at the company, it's almost a given a new game is in dev. You can't have 200+ people doing jackshit. The main programmer of mgs1-2-3-ghost babel also returned at the company in 2017 with a pretty big role... Only to not be in any recent games. He have to work on it.

In my opinion a remake is more probable. But another type of project isn't out of the question.

Attached: 1539794446651.png (306x397, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ye0aObH_AM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Now that's the demon edition bullshit is out of the way.
Not yet, Gamescom begins tomorrow., this was a pre-show

Konami did similar with MG Survive, probably some resentment over Kojima still.

>Now that's the demon edition bullshit is out of the way
Today's stream was just the pre-convention show. They're saving the DE announcement for the end of the week.

im not a dumb drone but do you really think they would show a "remaster" at an opening show? this is the stuff that you show on stream througout the week.

C O P E

Survive was announced just before gamescom 2016 user. Announced just a day before gamescom.

A new game is happening in the future. Probably going to be announced in 2020. But demon edition ain't happening. Let go of V and think of the future instead.

Attached: 1565996677948.gif (500x280, 1009K)

dilate

Ok, so you are a shitposter.
Look retard, i hardly care about MGSV, It was a huge dissapointment and even if this "demon" thing release, its not going to be the chapter 3.

Fucking idiot. not everyone is caramel.

While I think demon edition is fake. It not being announced today is pretty obvious.
Why? Because Geoff and Kojima. He would enevr have Kojima and Konami at the same show. Heck Kojima even had a trailer for himself when the game awards 2015 shit was showed. Geoff love Kojima so much he could completely boycott Konami of any of his shows.

I dont particularly care either way user but just because it wasnt announced in the same event with Death Stranding (which they wouldnt do, ever, because of the retarded animosity they have for Kojima) doesnt actually mean anything.

The leaks said the Demon Edition would be shown on the 20th of August, 2019

But on the topic of the future, I want the Metal Gear Ac!d games to be remade/ported and Ac!d 3 following suit of the same aesthetic honestly

Attached: 20190817_125225.jpg (1275x1635, 499K)

>what I want
Mg1/mg2 remake
Mgr2
Mgs6

>what we probably are going to have
Mgs3/Mgs1 remake
Mgo4/remake of mgo1
Maybe a new full game but probably not before 2015.
And mgr2 if plat ain't too busy. But probably not before the 10 years of mgr1.

Attached: maxresdefault (19).jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Good thing none of that will ever happen.
fuck off, zoomer.

>Maybe a new full game but probably not before 2015.

Attached: cnfs.gif (360x230, 2.81M)

I skipped this one, redpill me on it, user. Make me emulate this on my PSVita.

Attached: 1566182021880.jpg (749x724, 106K)

I actually really like the two mga games. Very different but pretty fun. I still play them on my mobile phone from time to time thanks to ppsspp.
But a mga3 ain't happening. Mga2 is one of the worst selling MG games. The story isn't very open ended like Mga1 but completely over, and the creator of mga1/2 actually was asked for a new mg game by Konami, but he refused. (he kinda stop making games now and work as a salary man in a mobile company. He hoewer still have some ties to Konami.)
Trademark of "metal gear acid" also is dead. Same for portable ops. We ain't gonna see those two, probably ever.

But I'm open for anything for the future of MG. If the game is good and fun then I'm happy, no matter who does it.

Attached: 220px-Sunny-Rising.png (220x305, 80K)

2025 user. Did a typo because I'm an idiot.
Not same user. But they are fun tactical rpgs. Especially mga2. Set in an alternate universe.

>>Not same user. But they are fun tactical rpgs. Especially mga2. Set in an alternate universe.

>MGA2 Snake /fa/ as fuck
>This outfit will never ever appear in a game again ever never.

Attached: file.png (1280x1463, 953K)

Even Versus13fags are all agreed VersusXV leak was bullshit

To see MGSVfags fall for this shit is so miserable

Attached: 1566233318814.png (1778x674, 866K)

It's my birthday tomorrow. I hope we get demon edition so I get a nice day!

So basically it's the same formula of Metal Gear where you sneak around and shit, but you move in a grid with certain range on your turn, like Fire Emblem

But this is where it's different

Metal Gear Ac!d has a card system where you can select a card on your turn and that does a certain amount of damag

Basically a Tactical RPG

Ac!d is vastly different, but it's pretty good. The story is odd, but Ac!d Snake is hip as fuck.

It gives off nostalgic Gameboy Color/PSP vibes to me which is why I still play (but then again, my Mom and Dad were still together when MG Ac!d came out...)

Attached: Screenshot_20190819-142653_Google.jpg (1440x1190, 790K)

My theory is that Kojima heavily disliked the mga games because he had no involvement at all with them. Even less than rising and po. It was the proof the wasn't the owner of the MG serie. And it pissed him a lot. So he did everything to always ignore the MGA games. Not that the only mgs game with some significant mga references is PO when you can play as Teliko and Venus. The only real mgs game with a minor involment of Kojima.

And because of the time, Konami themselves probably forgot about mga. We probably would have had a 3 on vita, 3ds or Iso if Nojiri had agree. But he didn't. So the dream of anything mga related is dead.

Fuck off, spic.

If Mga1 and 2 had release on Ios during the card game craze. It would have been very popular.

But they releases social ops instead. It wasn't very good and died in 2 years.

I know man :(

I want to see Ac!d Snake again so bad

>To see MGSVfags fall for this shit is so miserable
It's just one guy spamming Yea Forums who never got over MGSV not being their own headcanon.

>Let's talk about the future of MG.

the future is dead. It died when Kojima left. Kojima took all his fans with him and everyone now hates konami.

What a concept, huh. Not fond of RPG's but I can give this a try. Sorry to hear about your parents

Attached: 1559060431980.gif (345x345, 143K)

>My theory is that Kojima heavily disliked the mga games because he had no involvement at all with them.
They stopped making Acid games because 2 sold like shit. Acid 1 only sold well because it was a PSP launch game and it had Metal Gear on the title, so everyone expected a stealth action game until they realized it was just a card game. Not everything has to be a conspiracy.

It's alright man, I've moved on

I wasn't big on RPG's either, but MG Ac!d introduced me to the genre and I liked it

I played a bunch of SNES rpgs since none looked good at the time until Fire Emblem Awakening came out

I think you'll like it. It starts slow but gets fast real quick

Based Yui btw
>bonus points if you know who this is

Attached: 20190801_074617.jpg (1440x2074, 1.02M)

False. Only fake mg fan leave because of Kojima.
Real mg fans knows good games can happen without him because it already happened.

It have all the devs needed. And Konami can't abandon mg because it is their second most selling franchise ever.

>Demon edition shit has me wanting to replay TPP
>Go to delete save data
>Has to close the game to do it.

Odd.

Teliko best girl of all time.

Hopes
Rising revengence 2
Phantom pain but good one day
The series is over honestly

Not quite

MGS can take a split timeline approach where it goes down the Ghost Babel timeline. The series can be saved, it needs the right man to do it though

Attached: Screenshot_20190815-230221_Google.jpg (560x661, 129K)

I wonder who could tackle MGS they have all those writers they should either reboot or a what if like they did with rising revengence

But they won't let it die.
Because Konami without mg honestly would be in a bad shape. Like, it's not like silent hill who always did pretty bad sales.
And beside they have to do something with all the ex Kojipro guys.
They are probably working on something. The real question is what is it going to be (new game or remake or spin off) and when will it be announced.

>Survive was announced just before gamescom 2016 user. Announced just a day before gamescom.
Then this time they will anounce it right after or right during it but not AT gamescom
... nothing is yet lost!

This is pretty damn farfetched, but what if they got Quentin Tarentino to do it lol

Seriously, I think James Cameron would do a killer job

Attached: Screenshot_20190819-155600_Google.jpg (1439x1232, 844K)

>A new game
No, regardless of if you like Kojima or not the series is over 20 years old at this point, let it rest.
>A remake
I'd take a remake happily, but I fear they may fuck something up, especially if it's MGS3 and they don't keep all the little things it had to help tickle my auts.
>Another weird project?
If they have to, a spinoff of some kind such as Ac!d or something could be fun.
>A reboot
Not going to lie, a MGS reboot in the same vein as DMC: Devil May Cry would be hilarious.

>MGS can take a split timeline approach where it goes down the Ghost Babel timeline.
>Ghost Babel
Why do MGSfags on Yea Forums worship this game so much? It was just the obligatory cheap tie portable version of MGS1 like the GBC versions of Daikatana and Perfect Dark. The story is nothing more than MGS1 with the names changed. It was fun, but nothing special. Basically a lesser Metal Gear 2.

It's time to let it go, Anons. This just isn't healthy.

Nothing. I'm fine replaying what we already have yearly and be happy with that.

PC collection PLEASE

They should revive the mgsr project.
It was very worked on when canceled. Already on the fox engine. And etsu wanted to do that after mgrr before he had to work on V.
Since then. Etsu was found nowhere like Murata, but both very probably are still at Konami. (and believe me. I've searched and even made a little team to find more about them. After years of research. Nothing.)

what i really want to see is mgs3 with mgsv controls. it doesnt even have to be in the fox engine, i just want those outdated controls to be fixed.

They could make a game about another character maybe?
Liquid snake in gulf War? The boss before mgs3? Zero in Ww2? Big boss between mgs5 and mg2 (the real big boss.), Ocelot in general.
They still have a lot of things they could do for a new game.

Huh user, ghost babel story was pretty different from Mgs1. It had more link to mg1 than to mg2/Mgs1. (probably because both game don't happen in the GB timeline.)

They probably would use the fox engine and keep it with the MG. (and pes. Who have a decicated team only doing those : pes production.)

>Huh user, ghost babel story was pretty different from Mgs1. It had more link to mg1 than to mg2/Mgs1. (probably because both game don't happen in the GB timeline.)
They're both literally about Solid Snake being brought out of retirement from Alaska and being forced to take down mercenaries with animal-based codenames who have hijacked the new Metal Gear.

>demon edition bullshit
>people were retarded enough to believe this

Yeah but everything else is different.
It's like saying portable ops had the same story as Mgs1.

Desperation can lead to madness.
But we have less than a year to wait.

>What I want

The series to finally be able to rest and to be remembered fondly for what it did at the time

>What will happen

Some shitty reboot, remake, or rehash filled with terrible fanservice and other garbage so that the retard ""fans"" stand up and clap

>You can't have 200+ people doing jackshit
I'm sure all the Kojipro guys are working on gacha and pachinko like the Team Silent guys, so don't worry, Konami will keep them busy.

Attached: IMG_1345.jpg (600x800, 226K)

I know a new game is in dev. Demon edition or not.
But I'm so tired of waiting...
At least it will be worked a lot... I guess...

Attached: 1564817672915.jpg (600x880, 46K)

Mobile games are made by another vidya team. And none of the Kojipro members are in it. I checked.

And pachinko/arcade games are not made by Konami digital entertainment you idiot. But Konami amusement.

People saying "the serie need to die because no Kojima" are going to be the first crying some years after if Konami listen to them, for abandoning the franchise.

It ain't gonna get abandonned anyway. Too important.

I just want to see shadow moses with modern gameplay

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 36K)

>People saying "the serie need to die because no Kojima" are going to be the first crying some years after if Konami listen to them, for abandoning the franchise.

No. There's nothing I want more than the series to die. It should have ended after 2 or 3 anyways, MGS 4 and V exemplified that perfectly. I will be nothing but happy to not have to look at another scourge on the series.

I'm still giving the next game a chance because a non Kojima game could really change things. Technically it already happened. But now it would truly be non Kojima since he's not at the company.
Survive don't really count since it was a stand alone expansion (and was supposely a dlc of mgo3 first made bigger and stand alone.)

Well, I truly admire your optimism, friend

Always good to be optimistic.
Konami or Kojima as the creator, I don't really care who make what. I just want fun and good vidya to play.

After all, fun is what make a good video game right? I always thought of this as a kid and carried it. If I ever had to make a game. The fun factor would be very important.

HD releases of every game except V on PC.
I know you can emulate every one but 4, but still.
Probably the only good thing Konami could do, instead of trying to make new games to milk the franchise.

I believe they can still do a good game.
But it would still be cool to be able to finally play the old games on pc.

I love MG but the series has been in milking territory for over a decade now, just let it rest for good.

But we need the link that completes the saga!

the most retarded thing about he """leak""" is it's so obviously filled with bullshit to pander specifically to Yea Forums yet the monkeys on this board STILL ate it up

Metal Gear Rising and nothing else.

Please just let it die. I love Metal Gear, so I just want it to rest in peace.

Attached: skullsnake.webm (850x478, 2.6M)

Even if it's very probably fake. It could still happen tommorow.
Survive was announced at the first day of gamescom. By ign and not in any events.

They won't.
Just don't play the future game if you don't want them. Or just play the probable remakes.

That is probably what I will do. Faithful remakes I might be okay with.

only way to let it die is give them what they want. demon edition will make it easier on everyone.

I don't get why people want series to die.
Just don't play the future game if you don't want them. And let them for those who don't.
Just say that it's another timeline or something like people did with dragon ball.

I can only speak for myself, but it's kind of a sense of it being official and part of the main series and thus being considered canon. Rationally you can of course say that it doesn't matter and that you can decide for yourself what you consider canon, but it just feels wrong. It's much like how I feel about Disney's Star Wars.

Then again. Some people still says the old UE is canon and the new one is a what if.
It's all up to interpretation.

True. I suppose it's just the idea of "if it's officially canon, it's canon".

I wan the series to rest or to be moved forwards with different characters, Snake is dead and the series is as a whole over.
Even Sam Fisher said goodbye.

But Konami like money and figure they can squeeze a few more games out of the IP, I'd wager a reboot comes after HD remasters.
For whatever reason I could see Acid getting a rebuild but that would be before a potential reboot.

Full disclosure?
I want the characters I went through five games with to be given a rest outside of Raiden for his Revengence thing.
They have told their story and it was a fun one, if incredibly strange.

The series staying wouldn't bother me, but make new characters and tell a story with them. It'd be more fun that bringing the old ones back or retelling a story that was already a mess.

It's overwhelmingly depressing to see some of the most thoughtful and beautifully designed pieces of media of its era turned into mediocre garbage for mouth breathers to lap up. It's like watching your cousin become a crack whore.

Solid Snake, you are above even Big Boss, I hereby grant you the title of ______

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 912K)

Colossal Commander

>Ac!d Snake is hip as fuck.

Ac!d 2 Snake is the best design in the series, prove me wrong. You can't.

Attached: 9e8.jpg (1280x1463, 184K)

Looks pretty retarded, desu.

Drastic Dominator

I prefer acid 1 snake.

Attached: 6a74aa2.png (537x523, 272K)

Humongous Hegemon

I love the big and bulky tacticool look, which I guess is a product of both the design and the artstyle. Multiple layers, protective gear, pouches and weapons galore - he's like a walking tank. The tactical sweater is just gravy.

Attached: Snakeportraitacid2.jpg (1000x1143, 112K)

I don't know. I like me some tacticool, but something about it just looks really stupid to me.

Maybe it's the color scheme. The deep blue shins do clash with the desert city digital pants. This do anything for you?

Attached: Gall02_1001b.jpg (449x642, 171K)

Attached: Do not ask where I got this picture from.png (980x1062, 1.16M)

Attached: 1358824615955.jpg (600x636, 219K)

Riddle me this, Yea Forums:
Why does Kojima refuse to call him Big Boss?
Even in the leaked script, Kojima calls him "Snake"/"the real Snake" when it details Mission 46.

Attached: His name is not Snake.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I want to see a Legacy Collection rerelease on PC. Or at least the HD Collection, since 4 is probably a no-go.

What a thrill...

PP sequel/MG1-2 remake.

Snake is a concept; an idea.
Metal Gear is popular because of Snake.

I guess it's easier.
But weird after PW ending.
But kojimbo maybe forgot.

They should just create a new snake : plasma snake or liquidus snake.

A snake made either when big boss body was in the hands of the patriots between 99 and 2014. Or an ia snake made after mgrr by Otacon because of his lonelyness.

Because the general public doesn't know who Big Boss is, but everyone knows Snake. A disturbing amount of people still think Big Boss and Solid Snake are the same person.

>Said "I don't have a name" before PW ending
>Yet beared Snake there
>Said "From now on, call me Big Boss" during PW ending
>Still beared Snake afterwards according to Ground Zeroes
Snake for Big Boss, like Saladin and The Man Who Sold The World is a nickname, not a name.

>A disturbing amount of people still think Big Boss and Solid Snake are the same person.
Disturbingly, Kojima wants to imply that it's actually true. See Peace Walker:
>Big Boss
"Call me Snake."
>Huey
"Snake... that name sounds familiar somehow."
>Big Boss
"Probably just deja vu."

>Deja Vu mission in Ground Zeroes literally has Big Boss dressing in a PSX Solid Snake costume, while remembering the Shadow Moses incident as if he was actually involved in it
>Kiefer Sutherland's voice still being used
No Kojima, Big Boss did not go with Huey to Shadow Moses. The Shadow Moses incident did not happen in the 1960's-70's, either. Whatever you're trying to do, stop it. STOP.

Have you forgot that the Metal Gear franchise is literally movies? Let me spell that, M O V I E S.
Movies have CHARACTERS, a SLAB OF WRITING, who are PLAYED BY ACTORS.

This is going to sound retarded, but you'll have to have to accept it:
Snake is basically an actor who plays as Solid Snake and Big Boss, it isn't directly Solid Snake. Thus, you're controlling the same guy in MG, MG2, MGS1, MGS2 Tanker, MGS3, MGS4 and MGSV Ground Zeroes, despite the fact that Solid Snake and Big Boss are different characters.

This dumb crap started in MGS3, when "Snake"'s bio listed Marine and indoor experiences, things that Solid Snake exactly did, even though, once again, BIG BOSS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER.

Hey, just curious.. Where'd that pic come from?

Attached: 1564734456774.jpg (476x474, 27K)

>Let go of V and think of the future instead.

I'm not letting go until they confirm that venom snake is grey fox

By the way, you want to know who Big Phantom's "Snake" name actually is?
"Venom" and "Punished 'Venom'" are only used in the game to make him sound cooler and to avoid spoilers.

You okay there bud? This is some "Captain Falcon isn't in Smash, he's a fictional character" tier.

It's the only way to explain
>Call me Snake
>Snake, that name sounds familiar somehow
>Probably just deja vu

These are easter eggs in a series that regularly breaks the 4th wall. That doesn't mean it's an in universe movie, and that doesn't even explain why they'd have the same name. Venom isnt called Kiefer just because he's played by him.

>They'll never be a peace walker remake using the fox engine

Attached: peacewalkerinfoxengine.jpg (1300x866, 322K)

>He's played by him?
No he isn't?
He's voiced by him, dumb dumb.

You don't understand.
Big Boss DID NOT GO TO SHADOW MOSES WHATSOEVER AS "SNAKE".
So clearly, it's one guy who's portraying Big Boss and Solid Snake. Simple.

Also
>Venom Snake
>Played by Kiefer Sutherland
Extreme retard. Kiefer Sutherland doesn't portray Venom Snake, he just provides his voice.

nothing

Also, see "Snake" in Smash Bros., who's evidently an conglomeration of Big Boss and Solid Snake.

Kiefer also did the facial capture, just not the body. That's about as close as a game can get to an actor portraying a character. Any ways, lay off the drugs.

Déjà vu isn't canon material user. It's an easter egg. Raiden also didn't go back in time to help Big Boss defeat body snatchers.

Numbskull, Big Boss in V isn't literally Kiefer Sutherland. He sure doesn't look like him either. Therefore, Kiefer Sutherland isn't portraying Big Boss in V, and is only providing his facial mocap/voice.

Holy FUCK I want to snuggle with Big Boss so bad I'm throbbing, I'm gay SHIT

Daily reminder that "Venom Snake" isn't an actual name and "Big Boss' phantom" is really Massive Medic's true character name.
>No one calls Massive Medic "Snake" in the Truth mission, instead they call him "the phantom"
Also:
>Snake awakens.
>The Outer Heaven Uprising occurs, but it is quashed by Solid Snake, who kills Big Boss' phantom.
None of the mentions of Massive Medic in the timeline refer to him as "Venom Snake", and "Snake" is so generic that it could apply to any of Metal Gears' MC, so that can't be it. Therefore, once again, his true character name is "Big Boss' phantom".

Isn't a mgs3 remake most likely considering they already made assets for that pachinko game?

Remakes of Metal Gear 1 and 2

Who cares

So? Doesn't stop me from calling him Venom Snake

I can see a smaller budget title in the style of Metal Gear 1 and 2

Just fucking call him Big Boss, jeez. No one cares anymore.

>auditorium darkens
>"Snake Eater" starts to play softly
>audience goes nuts
>men are masturbating furiously
>women are weeping and giving birth
>an image lights up the screen
>It's snake, grinning and smoking a cigar
>"Kept you waiting, huh?" he says in Hayters voice
>people are dying in the aisles, blood running out of their ears and eyes. Angels sing, a seal is broken
>codec ringtone interrupts snake
>he takes out a smart phone and taps the screen. fwoom
>NOW FOR IPHONE
>METAL GEAR i
>cards fly past screen
>gameplay is ac!d but with gacha
>lights come back on
>utter silence
>dead bodies laying in the aisles

and that is how WW3 started.

Nvm me, I'm just posting the best song out of the franchise
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ye0aObH_AM

I'm just gonna casually screenshot all the poor desperate bastards who think it'll be shown at Gamescom tomorrow.

Master Baiter

>To let die this franchise with the rest of licences Konami own. It's over bros let it die and rest in peace.