Aaaaand dropped

Aaaaand dropped.

Attached: file.png (500x584, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xW0IR3q0EvE
steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
medium.com/@info_68117/why-i-turned-down-exclusivity-deal-from-the-epic-store-developer-of-darq-7ee834ed0ac7
store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=LiLith
store.steampowered.com/sale/top_2019_july/
store.steampowered.com/app/939600/LOVE_Love_Cube/
store.steampowered.com/app/1097580/CUSTOM_ORDER_MAID_3D2_Its_a_Night_Magic/
store.steampowered.com/app/562810/MONOPOLY_PLUS/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do we stop Epic bros? They can't keep getting away with it

At least they're being honest and just said that they took the money

Well I mean fair play. They needed the money.

A bit funny that all the other Oddworld games are on Steam but still. It isn't a dumb as fuck post like the Ooblets one so I can respect it.

Wow Tim is so generous! Thanks for paying for my copy!

Just means I'm gonna pirate my copy :)

Thanks Epic, now I can pirate and the developer still gets paid! Hell yeah!

Day 1 pirate.

based and epicchad
you dont you join them, fuck soulless steam trash

Attached: 1564840192380.png (677x1156, 674K)

>i needed the money
Couldnt be easier to just say that

this desu
announcement was handled far better than mw5/ooblets

I can't blame the developers for taking an easy guaranteed payday. However, I can blame Epic for throwing around their chink money to buy third party exclusivity instead of actually competing on features/price/etc. Regardless, I'll just pirate if I feel like playing because Tim already paid for my copy.

Is this basically just companies saying fuck you China is the market now?

maybe valve should also fund and/or make games instead of relying that stockholm syndrome fans won't ever leave their platform.

Thank goodness Epic are bros enough to only buy pc exclusivity

Attached: 040.jpg (941x1077, 88K)

>Pirate games you're interested in that have Epic timed exclusivity
>Dev gets less and less sales for the Steam version because people have pirated it
>Dev wants to stick with Epic because they make way more money on copies sold
Just keep feeding Epic's lead retards

Would you fucking stop it with the Wojak posting, already? Goddamn, you are such a faggot.

disappointing, but at least open and not hostile. Good on them for taking the money

Dont buy the games and pirate them. Not enough sales then paying the devs off will no longer be viable and they will have to change their business model or fail.

At least they have the balls to admit they needed the money.

Did you know posting a wojak a day kills a tranny today? I just thought it was interesting and thought I should mention it.

Since they are fucking bleeding money.
We wait

youtube.com/watch?v=xW0IR3q0EvE

I want to hate Lorne but he has had to wrassil his IP away from publishers before. This must have seemed like a golden ticket

>yeah, we want to make a great game, but we need money
>So we went to epic
You know, I can respect that. No bullshit, so regurgitated PR, no damage control

Weren't a bunch of people saying the game was looking like shit prior to this?

Nice to see that it's IGG Games exclusive.

Well, atleast they are honest and say its all about the money.

Not like the other devs who either shamed their followers or claimed this was a big 5D chess move to make the world better for everyone

How fitting that Oddworld sells out.

their previous remake of the original Oddworld was pretty soulless.

Epic sticking it to the chinese steam shills fucking kek

Its not like theyre assholes about it and are completely reasonable about why they did.
I'll just wait until it gets put on other storefronts however.

Pretty upfront about it so I'm fine with it. This just shows the difference between good and shitty devs.

Huh yeah, so how many new games did egs reveal as exclusives this gamescom?

>another game that it's okay to pirate because Epic already paid the developers
I don't see the problem.

Attached: 1518230695868.png (770x897, 1.36M)

Here’s an even better idea
>Pirate the game
>Donate the cost of the game to the dev
Cuck out Epic while supporting the maker

Attached: 64A54822-4F42-4DDC-B046-4530FC39559C.jpg (495x470, 47K)

Then I'll continue pirating

Attached: 1548463270366.png (656x660, 463K)

>another Piratebay exclusive

I hope it's atleast worth the couple gigs

>Twitter screencap

Attached: 632092043ad50c112f94b25d802c0198.jpg (680x383, 26K)

At least they made the announcement with dignity, unlike some I could mention. I can respect that.

Still wont buy the game, if we don't have standards then we have nothing, can't bend just because the guy is being straightforward with it, just means I'm more likely to pay attention to future projects that don't bear the same mark. Although I fear that once these devs have tasted the drug of free money despite the game quality, they will go back for more

>Twitter

Are animefags the most retarded posters?

based sweeney keeps buying games for us, another one on tim!

>unlike some I could mention.
Mention them, or are you a bitch?

>wasting your time pirating it

Attached: 1563927499971.jpg (1080x1080, 58K)

Why do devs keep feeling absolutely compelled to defend their decision to go EGS exclusive?
If you don't see it as doing anything wrong, why do you need to give your reasons for it? Just do it and let the sales speak for themselves. Trying to come up with excuses for just makes you look guilty.

So how does this work? Is the game exclusive to Epic forever or is it timed exclusive or what?

If you cant beat em, join em. Sweeney is literally paying for our games.

This us how they got both thier amazing Xbox games

Cringe

I think this is one of the more reasonable announcements honestly.

They said they wanted money.
Fair play.

>Why do devs keep feeling absolutely compelled to defend their decision to go EGS exclusive?
Same reason some are compelled to defend their decision to be sony exclusive.
Money.

Probably cause they know it's a divisive issue.

It's not like people haven't gotten irrationally angry at these kinds of announcements.

Oddworld has always been "we wanted to make this game, but we couldn't afford to", so hopefully this means SS will be closer to good. I still won't buy anything on Epic, but it will be out on consoles and TPB too.

>Since they are fucking bleeding money.
>We wait
you can wait

Attached: List_of_Unreal_Engine_games_-_Wikipedia_-_2019-08-18_17.57.41.png (2345x7628, 1.69M)

I mean, the worst case here is also the best case so it's cool.

Honestly I don't care about this Steam and Epic exclusivity shit. My issue is these dead companies going to Epic for free gibs.

Your products failed because you did not innovate enough. The fact that Epic is encouraging devs to make mediocre products but still giving them a large payday is very damaging to the industry. Imagine making a game and not putting any effort into it because you know you are getting a lump sum of dosh to put it on some companies store.

This shit is a ticking time bomb for gaming. As if devs weren't lazy and entitled enough already.

>being interested in video games
Hmm, no

Attached: 1561263866477.jpg (474x1328, 129K)

I see people are saying Tim Sweeney is paying for the games, how does it work? He funds the game to be on EGS out of his own pocket = him paying for our copy?

>Why do devs keep feeling absolutely compelled to defend their decision to go EGS exclusive?
Because the internet is an absolutely vile place and if you don’t even bother explaining yourself to billions of literal whos you’re gonna get doxxed and shamed.

Attached: C174E918-D45C-40A1-94CA-0EAF3D813047.jpg (596x2484, 459K)

I respect their honesty but i still won't install the chink store client

Guess i will wait a year for the GOG release. I am just surprised that Lorne has learned nothing from the MS exclusivity deals he made back in the days. That thing nearly killed the company.

Attached: [Doremi].Ojamajo.Doremi.03.[640x480].[1C88CED3].v2.mkv_snapshot_06.39_[2019.03.23_18.20.17].jpg (640x480, 59K)

>Trying so hard to fit in you pretend to think a facebook screenshot is from twitter

see this is what the fucking devs of that shitty harvest pokemon should had done it
>we need money epic offered us money so we took it

not a single bit of sarcasm or fucking shitting on the public

IS THAT SO FUCKING HARD?

>If you don't see it as doing anything wrong, why do you need to give your reasons for it?
>Advertise on a popular well supported store
>Only to jump ship to shitty botnet because they paid you and bought a million copies
>This is not wrong

>new Oddworld AND we all get a free copy
Amazing news.

There's no real problem with it other than the way they do it is scummy a lot of the times. Like snatching games that were already set to release on Steam and then making them exclusive.

>Devs take Epic deal
>Get free money
>Eventually the Steam release rolls around
>Another influx of money without any repercussion from going Epic exclusive
>Devs keep taking Epics deal because there are no downsides revenue wise, now they can have 2 paydays instead of one
The dum dum move is to support these niggers in either store. Fuck them, Tim already paid for my copy.

Fornite is the source of all their fuck you money and the game is declining fast. Only a matter of time before they have to giveup and go back to being an engine dev.

Ill pirate then, i mean they are paying devs for the game so its already funded, no problem

You fucking know the most glaring example, they went out of their way to make it an even bigger story than it is just to appear morally superior.

Being honest isn't an excuse. They flat out said it's money, they didn't dance around it like the Shenmue devs did where they claimed Epic provided the best user experience.

Yeah tons of game sales a year after release when everyone forgets it ever existed.

NO PLEASE

I WANT STEAM PLS GABEN PLS

Attached: 32423.jpg (1026x758, 154K)

>All those unreal games
>None of them on epic
>Epic makes more from these games by taking 5% from steam's sales
EGS are literally cum guzzlers and bottom feeders kek

>Oddworld
Who cares?

Can you imagine if Gaben started doing this? How utterly assblasted everyone will be?

Timed for a year so it's not like it matters in the long run. I don't see why people get so upset when you can literally just pirate if you REALLY wanna play it now. Still Steam and EGS is DRM cancer.

Attached: Policeman.png (1838x839, 1016K)

Eh, I'm getting it on PS4 anyways. Abe feels more at home on PlayStation.

At least its not crowdfunded this time

China as a market has nothing to do with, Epic literally guarantees you sales

You have people in this thread calling on others to pirate the game so that Epic fails. Devs are basically held hostage by the emotions of the internet.

Doesn't it seem kind of paradoxical to anyone? You make games for people who buy your game but if you're getting paid by epic it just seems like you're making games for them instead who can't play your game because they aren't a person. Like does anyone know what I'm getting at?

Damn, that bribe must've been huge.

gayben is a jew so he would never do this in the first place
egs is drm free based retard

And why are you so upset at them? Because they made a sensible decision that almost anyone would take?

>Oddworld builds itself on being critical of post-capitalist authoritarianism
>sells out to the post-capitalist Chinese
BUT AT LEAST THEY CRITICIZED AMERICA, RIGHT?

Thanks lad!

People like you being mad fuel it.

kind of understand it given oddworld inhabitants getting super close to closing down after strangers wrath. Guess lorne doesn't want to be in that situation again. oh well i got enough games to play until next year

No people are just advising others on how to get the free copy Tim paid for.

No that's doge posting
Wojack posting is for cringe nigger tranny jews like you
go back to california and dial 8 on the way there

if they cared they'd have started a kickstarter or a gofundme, not sold to the chinks
dropped

At least they're honest. At the rate this is going, we won't have to buy games anymore. Tim can buy all the copies for us.

> NO!

Attached: 65ABE147-AE4F-48B8-8B6B-23A968556B5C.png (350x352, 125K)

>Engaging with a retarded 14 year old
Who was their fucking PR guy

Steamcels seething

>our most ambitious game ever!

It's a fucking sidescrolling platformer.

So you mean i can launch my games without EGS then?

>gayben is a jew so he would never do this in the first place
Or the market is working as intended.

>egs is drm free based retard
Based retard indeed

Attached: 1421354235.jpg (638x650, 128K)

this kid is based

>Pirate games you're interested in that have Epic timed exclusivity
>Dev gets less and less sales for the Steam version because people have pirated it
>Epic gets less and less sales across the board because people have pirated it
>Dev wants to stick with Epic because guaranteed copies sold
>Dev refuses to support a trick who can't turn a profit
>EA buys devs
>can't post the rest on a christian image board
ftfy

THANKS TIM FOR PAYING FOR MY PIRATED COPY

Wow, another free game? So soon after the last one too? Thanks Tim!

Am i the only one who doesn't really give a shit about Epic delaying every game for like a year?

Most modern games need a year worth of patches anyways before they are worth playing. And i hardly ever buy games at release anyways because its retarded to pay more than 30 bucks for a videogame.

Anyone who actually likes vidya

>the quintology
Holy shit he's still gunning for a five game series all these years later?

Did she get bogpilled or something? wtf

>Dev refuses to support a trick who can't turn a profit
Woops
>Epic refuses to support a trick who can't turn a profit

GOG >>> steam > ebin store and all other online storefront shit.

This is such a crybaby issue. Grow the fuck up.

I don't care if only because I only just got a PC capable of modern games, only beat Doom 2016 last night. So much shit announced this year is coming 2020 so next year's just going to have a glut of games with all the deals expiring at the same time.

Kek, based tim

I honestly thought there was only the one.

desu consoles were doing this before epic. Sony locked down RE7 for a long time and then we still don't have proper VR support for it on PC. Fuck 'em

>Doesn't insult customers, and professionally addresses them about his decision
>Didn't promise game on steam

I don't see the issue here. I'll thank Tim for my copy and be on my way

Have Valve fund game development?

Pc lads buttholes absolutely ravaged right now

What the hell happened to art direction of their games? Abe's Oddysee atmosphere was 10/10, I was genuinely scared to play this game as a kid. And now Oddworld, starting with New 'n' Tasty looks like generic mobile game.

The only thing steam funds these days is ther chinese government.

I don't blame the devs for this one at all. The problem is completely on Epic for enabling this. I don't blame the devs for taking advantage of it for as long as they can.

They do give VR devs interest free loans on the condition of steam releases (not exclusive but must release there at least) and the repayment comes from steam revenue.

It's a sign that you lack confidence in your game. You lose out on a lot of potential sales, but if your game is shit, then you can only profit by taking the deal.

This is why there are still no good games on EGS.

>one platform offers money for your project to get created
>the other doesn't
>pick the first
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SHOULD'VE PICKED THE SECOND! NOW I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER LAUNCHEEEEER

Attached: 1516131470720.png (205x246, 6K)

That’s pretty reasonable.

>>NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SHOULD'VE PICKED THE SECOND! NOW I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER LAUNCHEEEEER

This thread has had relatively little crying though. Mostly just thanking Tim for the free game.

It has nothing to do with China, it's how Epic pays the devs off for the deal. Epic doesn't jsut hand you money when you sign the contract. They work by guaranteeing a minimum sales target.

So basically you get a deal from Epic and they say "ok we guarantee you 200,000 sales". You make the game, release it and then day one Epic buys out 160,000 copies of the game to fill the guaranteed minimum you agreed to. This means that you not only get the money, but you get to fudge your sales numbers and make you game appear better than it might be. You could have sold 10,000 copies but you get to report 210,000 to the media.

This is why Epic sellouts keep reporting sales successes but will not elaborate on how many sales they got. Metro Exodus "Sold better than Last Light", but they won't say the actual sales number, and Last Light didn't sell very well to begin with. While Ubisoft celebrates the new Anno being the "Fastest selling Anno game". Of course it's fastest selling, it sold a guaranteed number of copies to Epic the moment it was made available for purchase.

Long story short is Epics system allows for both monetary gains and faking popularity with sales numbers, so it's appealing to shit devs and small indies.

No? The money to hire people to make your shit has to come from somewhere, either straight out of your pocket or from someone else's, usually a publisher. The only exception this is crowdfunding but even then you whine that it's a scam and 9/10 times funding never gets above a few million

This.

also:
>had Sobe product placement in Munch
>had indie ads in N&T
Shame, I still consider Oddworld 1 and 2 as some of the best 2D platformers.

they are literally saying that they did this to deliver the best game possible to us, gaymers, unlike the other 2 retards who said fuck to their patreon and shit

still won't buy it, but i wouldn't buy it on steam anyway

You must be looking in the wrong thread. Most of us are thanking Tim for buying us a copy.

Wait weren't him and these games all about consumer shit? Then he does this?
Fucking hypocritical sellout cunt and he knows it seeing as his Twitter went private.

>I want more Oddworld games
Fucking monkeys paw

>>one platform offers money for your project to get created
that doesn't happen tho.

Attached: hmmm.png (451x619, 429K)

I honestly don't have a problem with devs who just come out and say "Yeah we straight up needed the Fortnite cash sorry bros".
Now I can pirate the game guilt free as Tim paid for my copy.

I think the oddworld series focuses on stuff a bit more important that having two launchers installed for you video games

I know right? There's more than enough games on GOG that I'm not going to miss the few that go Epic exclusive. Hell, I'll forget that most of them even exist by the time they get on steam. Absolutely no reason to throw a fit

I like how Lorne wrote this wall of text knowing what's coming.

Devs are very aware of the public opinion on EGS

What are you mad about? You're still going to get the game.

based

Who are you quoting? Nobody here is mad.

at least they're honest about it. too many devs try to spin it like its some great benefit and wasn't the money

How about we look at all the anti-consumer shit EGS has done? Fuck him, I will happily pirate all his games from now on.

>Soulstorm
Wait, so this isn't the new W40K game? I'm confused?

True, and for free no less! Thanks Tim!

At what cost

If it's like New & Tasty, I'll pass. Matthewmatosis' review made it seem less interesting than just playing Exoddus again.
If it's a new concept or game and not a remake then I guess I'll hope for a GoG version later down the road. It'd be weird to download Epic just for one game.

Zilch.

Fuck off Chang, I'd tell you to eat shit but you disgusting cunts already eat gutter oil.

is it racist to boycott epic?

Thanks, genie

But also China

No it's called having a brain and not being Chinese.

>zoomers are surprised by this
This isn't even the first time this has happened

Attached: 215083307_gAxDr-2100x20000.jpg (2100x1028, 490K)

>Am i the only one who doesn't really give a shit about Epic delaying every game for like a year?
Give a shit when it happens to any release because it might happen to one you might actually want to play

>im a brainless NPC that lets youtubers make my opinions for me
ok user cool

Tims got us covered

Damn. Didn't think Tim was that based

>irrationally
cuck

Now this is how you announce you've taken Epic's money. I won't buy the game, but hat's off to them.

Borderlands has DRM but egs doesn't brainlet, developer actually need to pay for DRM.

Am I supposed to be mad? It's fine that the devs are honest about it, Epic didn't yoink it from Steam after it stewed there for god knows how long, and they actually needed the money for development.

We don't. We let the fortnite kids give their credit info to China, and the rest of us play actual video games.

>Tim gives us another free game
Thank you based tim.

Attached: this one's on me.png (696x493, 335K)

>oddworld is free
thanks tim

Yeah I’m pirating every EGS game out there guilt-free.

Tim already paid for my copy, absolute mad lad.

An excuse so people don't realize it's because they have no confidence in their game selling.

Then going by your logic, steam is DRM free as well. So you managed to say absolutely nothing, congratulations.

Just kys and keep coping your claim is pure fantasy, epic gives your game a realistic sale guarantee, they don't throw money at you.

Attached: rfuck epic steam tim.png (1566x796, 36K)

Does anyone even like the newer Oddworld games?

Saves me money at least. I'd sooner go full pirate than support Epic.

This is basically the problem I have with Epic. They have no reason to compete and get better as a service because of people don't like their service they can't play certain games.

Epic's approach is exactly opposed to GOG's new storefront, which is trying to compete by being as feature rich as possible. Hell, if it works like they're promising I'll never open another launcher again.

They provide free steam works DRM you fucking mongoloid don't reply to me ever again waste of air

Oh right yeah, Tim Sweeney the truth teller, who said on one day that they were done buying out exclusivity for games already announced for Steam, and then the very next day said they weren't going to stop.

Shove it up your ass, Chang.

Which the devs don't have to take, see DRM free games on steam, alas it's the same as you described with Denuvo. Fucking retard.

You fellas want Doom Eternal for free?

Attached: sniper tim ching chong.png (416x416, 253K)

That seems to be a majority of the comments
This, it's nice for them to pre-buy copies so I don't have to feel bad for pirating. Not that I'd pirate anything that touched the EGS anyway.

This. When the faggot with that weird pet collection game came forward calling everybody babies instead of just saying, we needed the money and it's beneficial to everyone involved, he got backlash. These guys doing this is the way to do it. Just be honest and explain that it's in everybody's best interest other than Steam who weren't going to give them financial assistance. That all being said, fuck Epic's practices, it's rare that they are beneficial to everybody involved (other than people who are loyal to their Steam launcher) like this case.

>"this literal chink shill said it so it must be true!"
oof

>new oddworld
Fuck off and die OP you should stop sucking your mother's cock so much

Steamworks is not DRM, it's a platform that exists on several DRM-free Steam games. Steams DRM is called CEG and it's optional.

steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

Face it Steamfag, your precious 1K library of games will soon be useless as Epic takes over.

The same faggots that were buttblasted when they started making games for xbox. Drop it all you want. I'm all in for another great game

The metric for exclusivity must have changed quite a bit from 10 years ago. It seems like the only way to get a game for your nstaybox(pc) is to either be so niche to the format it wouldn't sell elsewhere, its funding be majority covered by the platform owner (((Rumours))) are bloodborne was somewhere near 60%, or its one of those botched timed exclusivity deals that are clearly becoming more common and less declared.

>Epic
>Takes over

40% drop in Fortnite players and viewership since January, fatigue is setting in for both players and watchers. Now they're paying to throw advertisements for their store on GamesCom panels, they're in panic mode as their Tencent overlords look at their diminishing profit ratios.

>Talks shit
>0 sources to back up his claims
>gets hit
>HE IS LYING

Attached: 1557780055765.png (763x758, 164K)

I don't get it man, just download another game launcher or whatever, it takes like 5 minutes. Why you pc gamers so loyal to a billion dollar company that has had a monopoly for a long time... You realize competition is good for the consumer right? You're all retarded.

Attached: pbSPSpK_d.jpg (640x359, 15K)

Attached: tim.png (674x476, 356K)

>"you can't prove that a man who makes his living lying to customers and sucking chinese dick isn't lying!"

Based. Thanks for the free game Tim

Attached: 1564815071869.png (696x493, 362K)

I've only been interested in one game on Epic so far, and it's not interesting enough for me to bother with full price and another launcher
As for the shitstorm every time this happens, I'm perfectly fine with it

Attached: ...hhehehehhahaHAHAHA.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

Why did you replace Tim's face with his dinner?

medium.com/@info_68117/why-i-turned-down-exclusivity-deal-from-the-epic-store-developer-of-darq-7ee834ed0ac7
Just for you, drone.

Attached: 1560684985371.png (645x729, 131K)

The people who actually care about Oddworld will buy it regardless of which platform it releases on.

Total faggots will falseflag saying they're going to pirate it when they won't because they don't give a fuck about Oddworld.

That said, I'm buying it because Oddworld is one of the few franchises around that still has kept its original origins to heart.

>Egs doesn't have DRM
But steam has DRM out of box for free sure you can make your games DRM free but this doesn't make steam a non DRM platform brainlets

Yes ignore all the anti-consumer bullshit EGS has done. Bend on over and let the Chinese slide it on in you!

?

IGG can go to hell for killing Good Old Downloads.

Bullshit. No amount of confidence will reach the point where you 100% believe you will be successful with absolute certainty, unless you are delusional. There is always a chance your game doesn't sell well. If you are offered guaranteed sales with no uncertainty you have to be stupid not to take them. The only reason not to take EGS deal is if you're worried about the backlash for future game releases you might do

>No true Scotman

I used to lurk oddworld forums in tbe early 2000s and a lot of serious fans boycotted Munch because it was on xbox.

This a different topic sub80iq monkey

I'm forced to assume its the same mental deficiency that causes Yea Forums users to be incapable of realising making three entire new boards to make space for video game threads (on a board that has its own capacity to discuss video games and regularly refuses to, regardless of how many new boards we make) is an act of complete idiocy: I can only handle one thing at a time disease.

>The only reason not to take EGS deal is if you're worried about the backlash for future game releases you might do

This is the one I am excited to see play out. I want to see one of these devs (Specifically not the Oddworld ones but the other devs like Satisfactory) that shit all over people for being upset over lies of being on Steam have to continue on and release their next game without Epics tit to suck on.

Oh no! What ever shall I do? How dare they make me install another launcher to play my vidya???!!!

It's bad enough that we have to use these launchers in the first place, now you want me to use worse one.

GOG won't be around in a year lel

just dont care user , tell me a single reasonwhy buying in two stores is bad for customers

Who the fuck cares? We got Asagi

Attached: 1565735714396.jpg (600x818, 66K)

I proved Sweeney is a pathlogical liar. If you can't even trust his word when he says he wants the PC to be an open platform, how the fuck can you trust him when he says that games are selling better on his own storefront while people are literally boycotting the games on there and barely any game footage from these games get uploaded anywhere?

Eat a dong sub40iq pig

Attached: tim newell.jpg (1200x800, 416K)

It's been like half a year, why is steam not doing anything? Are they waiting till zoomers stop giving them unlimited money for fortnite skins?

Honest question... Why do you guys hate epic so much? In out of the loop as I've been only playing old school games

Which is again, why this guy is smart since only the spergiest of spergs will be mad at him since he actually acted like an adult with his response. Even if his game is pirated that just gets his name out further meaning a future release will be more successful, or alternatively if epic is still somehow around and buying games will mean they'll have to pay even more to get it on their store.

Based Tim making this into a win/win for everyone, consumer and dev

Now you're just scrambling to debate semantics because you made a fool of yourself. Sleep in the bed you've made.
It isn't since developers can add DRM the same way they can with steam. If you are going to claim that DRM free games don't matter on steam because you can ask for CEG then the same applies to the epic store. If the epic store is DRM free, then the steam store is DRM free. You can't use mental gymnastics to say the other is DRM free while the other isn't.

Pc is an open platform, epic can do what they do because it is you moron

THE STATE OF PC KEKS

>Asagi on Steam
Bullshi---
>it's real
FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

>game defined my childhood
>literally rescued every Mudokon in Oddyssey and Exoddus as a preteen.
>repurchased all Oddworld games on Steam

Will be pirating this game with no remorse. Keep up your shilling.

Also New n Tasty sucked.

I think the only things they should do is
A: If you put up a Steam page there is no removing it from Steam as that was free advertisement.
And
B: Block the EGS from using SteamVR

Yep, and instead of paying hundreds for the latest games on steam, I can now get them on Epic for free! Thanks Tim!

Is it really that easy to pirate? Just slap on a VPN and you're good to go? The death of physical copies and steam sales are pushing me close to sailing the seven seas.

Attached: 1566225759054.jpg (960x720, 121K)

Valvefags have infested Yea Forums since 2007. They are rabidly autistic, and like any autistic fanbase, they will defend their fat queen with all the scorn and energy of a fully functional death star.

Thanks tim!

ironic weebs

Steam always win baby

Attached: 1562308351610.jpg (640x640, 31K)

>Block the EGS from using SteamVR
That would be anti-consumer, and should therefore not be done. I agree with A.

Attached: Tim.png (598x853, 37K)

Epic should block unreal games from working on steam. Let's see who will lose this fight

Yes you do reach that certainty, that is why you make games in the first place. Because you think they will sell.

They're waiting it out. While it's still got a long life to go fortnites popularity (mostly measured by profit analytics, as well as its viewership popularity) has been in slight steady decline since its peak in January, and Epic can't live off Tecents money to buy exclusives forever. They've taken the stance to wait for them to implode.

They're busy polishing their desk tchotchkes.

Cringe

Oh shit, 90% of asset flips gone overnight, the horror.

Once Fortnite busts, UE4 is all Epic will have left since they cancelled every other game and project, so they'd be committing suicide by lowering the number of devs using it.

>store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=LiLith

BRING BACK RANCE ALREADY GABEN YOU FAT FUCK

Why would you ever pay for porn game user?

People who say cringe are the real cringe now.

Why aren't these companies just signing on to Steam? What is it about the Epic games store that's so lucrative that it takes priority over everything else?

'07ers grew up with Steam holding monopoly over the pc crowd and were fine with it because they weren't around when Valve forced the original PC userbase to download Steam for half-life and soon enough counter-strike.

The OG audience hated Steam, while the new generation adored it. History is repeating itself with the new generation reviling epic, while the next generation will be okay with them.

UE4 brings more money than Fortnite you retard.

You know whats kindof sad? They seem sad, like they know how it looks on the surface. I really hope the money is worth it, there has been huge games made with tiny budgets, ambition is important but so is having achievable goals.

Pirate you faggot, like you should have been doing before this regardless.

Who do you think would win? Gaben is a fatass but he might have some big guy strength. Tim on the otherhand looks like your typical pencil pushing nerd but he might persevere through >dex

Sweeney delivers again, another free game!

>No source

Yes, absolutely. The Phoenix Point exclusivity deal gave the company enough money to instantly recoup all development costs and pay for their studio's existence for the next couple of years. Epic is tossing their infinite Fortnite money at studios.

Did I say that they couldn't you absolute fucking mongoloid? I never said that they don't have the power to do what they want, I said that they should be honest about what they want. For all I care they can force exclusivity as much as they want, but they should stop pretending that they are promoting a free PC platform when openly reject games being released on their platform solely because it won't be exclusive to their platform. Because apparently it's so fucking bad to let people choose where to buy their fucking games that they have to reject the game from their own store just because it's on a competitor's store.

Wouldn't that crowd just pirate regardless?

if you make a game exclusive you can't put it on steam you dummy.

>Moving the goalpost
So you admit that swiney is a pathological liar who spouts PR drivel to fuel his botnet then

free chinese money, that's it, why taking a risk when you have guaranted revenue ? EGS have only one thing in mind creating the "console war" on PC with "stores war" but the problem is that it doesn't exist on PC, the proof is that Origin, Uplay, GoG and steam all exist and everyone use whatever they want whenever they please and timmy don't like that.

Epic won't deal with smaller devs unless they can rob them of their right to release on other stores. CDPR and Paradox have enough weight behind them to tell them to fuck off with that shit.

Epic "exclusives" are bound to the client for a year after which they're free to be released on competing clients.

Gabe Newell is fat, which means more body weight, which means he's gonna be way harder for someone lighter than him to actually affect via raw strength. Meanwhile, Tim Sweeney is a fucking stick who also looks like a mongoloid with brain damage, so he probably has some physical disabilities. I think it's fair to say Gabe would dominate Tim in the ring.

AYE ME MATEYS! TO THE SEA!!!!
Thanks Tim.

>Blocks unreal from working on steam
>99% of all games made with their engine go kaput
>Their biggest source of income other than fortnite dies overnight
>Butthurt devs and pubs sue them to oblivion
Yhat would be fun to watch. I believe their 5% royalty is already pushing their luck

>FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
Need I remind you what people want?

store.steampowered.com/sale/top_2019_july/
store.steampowered.com/app/939600/LOVE_Love_Cube/
store.steampowered.com/app/1097580/CUSTOM_ORDER_MAID_3D2_Its_a_Night_Magic/

I feel like feeding the fish/devs like this just makes them complacent and never try to push harder since they don't need to worry about making the best game they can if Epic just pays for it.

Idiots, there are three reasons for devs jumping to epic:
1 they get a bigger piece of the pie. Who the fuck doesn’t want more money?
2 everyone of here are already dinosaurs, that also means you, zoomer. Thanks to fortnite there now exists a FUCKHUGE young demographic of gamers who has never had steam or any connection to it, their first foray into pc gaming is Epic games store. Fresh green noob gamers ripe for picking.
3 your game can be seen as here is not a lot of shovel ware = more sales

With this in mind it’s a fucking nobrainer that devs are moving to epic games store as it contains a huge potential group of buyers.

Another thread full of Snoy trannies shilling Epic. Outside of Yea Forums and the moronic shills, the general consensus from consumers is that Epic is a terrible company that offers one of the worst game clients on the PC market. Go look at general reaction to everything they say on Social Media.

Attached: 1553114344933.jpg (595x381, 71K)

>Devs only become egs exclusive when offered money, never voluntarily like steam
>EGS cant compete directly with steam by having games on both platforms
Whatever helps you sleep at night

At least they're being upfront about the fact that a massive portion of the sales figures Epic will brag about will be complete bullshit.

fuck off chang, tiannanmen square massacre

>Koikatsu popped up last month
>now CM3D as well

What timeline is this?

>koikatsu was a top seller in june
>COM3D2 is a top seller in July

Absolutely based Steam

Attached: 557031873865_0.png (386x382, 167K)

Despite what you think of either party here at least we have a dev for once being honest and upfront about what they're doing. This should be an example to the rest of them.

Okay surely now Valve is willing to bring back all the cunny games, right?

The timeline where this is no longer a shop

Attached: face_of_steam2.jpg (780x515, 417K)

Don't forget the biggest reason: Tim himself buys 500k copies so that hard working anons like you and I don't have to!
Thanks, Tim!

>QUICK SOCIAL SHAME THEM THAT'LL WORK

Attached: 1565937436009.jpg (600x399, 329K)

Let's see you turn down 15 million dollars for the sake of your "pride"

>online only game stores

Attached: ross_scott.png (645x663, 619K)

At least they're not coming off as massive cunts like those Ooblets devs.
I can just play on console if I must.

Hey man, long as he doesn't act like a cunt or mind me pirating his game after the payout if it looks good what's the issue?

fuck epic and fuck oddworld

Attached: 1566249421479.png (831x1200, 1.86M)

Well, seriously, Epic is never going to take off. They're not even going to surpass GoG. So someone might as well be getting something out of their existence. Good for the dev.

That said, no one is going to say this guy is a hero just because he was honest. They're simply going to bash him a little less than others. And the IP's history will forever be tainted with the words 'Epic exclusive' which is something I'd personally avoid at all costs. Money is money, but the stigma will last far longer than the money will. PC gamers are a stubborn lot that don't let shit go.

EPIC BAD
STEAM GOOD

Attached: 1562360025850.png (632x756, 24K)

Fuck. Isn't Epic game store full of Chinese data aggregating spyware?

just install EGS

it's free you mong

>Steam Bad
>Epic Good

Attached: 1555747867414.png (4425x2609, 3.75M)

Terrorism?

>Just install our spyware gewilo, there is nothing bad in it!

No, Epic is DRM free platform.

>I don't get it man
You don't need to. If you don't care, then it doesn't pertain to you. Different strokes for different folks. Let people do whatever they want. It's not hurting anyone.

Because excusivity doesn't help the consumer just the dev. Sure you could say the dev has more money to make a better game but money won't fix talent and bad design.

You're not fooling anybody Epic Tranny.

Attached: Screenshot (4).png (715x653, 180K)

>billion dollar company that has had a monopoly
I can't believe that after all these threads, there's still people who don't know what a monopoly is. It's thoroughly explained in every thread why Steam is not a monopoly. Christ people are stupid.

Good for them, but I'm not buying anything from Epic, Uplay or any of those other garbage peddlers.

>The $25 I gifted to my little brother so he could spend it on Fortnite contributed to making the Oddwolrd franchise Epic exclusive
Oh god... What have I done?

Attached: t4JdZF91Ap8ZQkrZXksV9gmS3eC78lBbVHTMgje25o16qrm6wFuQMx3pVzs4Y6dy_frf5UDc9_zIuFM0sZtWunWwYa-57p3BduLU (300x169, 12K)

Now all they have to do is say literally nothing else and this will be a much better PR move than that tumblr game from a few weeks ago. I get it, I'd sell out too if somebody gave me all the money I'd need to succeed upfront. Taking the risk is stupid when you don't have to. You aren't going to generate any good will though so you just have to suck it up and take the criticism with a smile.

I'd like to point out that his game is trending on Steam.

I'm not willing to be part of the crowd that fell for /ourguy/ Tim Sweeneys strongarm -tactics.
If he didn't come off like a massive cunt, I might actually be not so against EGS.

So their product is so mediocre that it can't stand on it's own two feet so they have to sell themselves to epic store.

this is what you autists wanted, this is the result of gamer gate that every move needs to be followed with a teary eyed press release

>Hmm, we need more money to finish the game
>Steam says they'll take 30% cut.
>Epic says they'll take 18%, and give us 15 million to finish it... so I guess we gotta go with Epic
>What will we tell everyone?
>...the truth?
>HOLY FUCK WHAT A NOVEL IDEA

I see 0 problem with how the dev's handled this.

Epic is a shitty storefront as always, but Lorne just took the money to get it made - Pretty much the same way Bayonetta 2 was made.

Valve caring about video games, good one

>Epic keeps burning money to keep doing exclusivity deals
>Publishers/Developers decide to avoid EGS until they get contacted for an exclusivity deal
>All of the money Fortnite made will be gone as the game continues to die
>Epic won't even be able to use UE4 licences to afford keeping the store alive
I'll keep feeding them into a fucking grave

Attached: 1526858120097.png (402x390, 355K)

You say Steam isn't doing anything, but that's only because Steam has already done it. They are the best in the game. There's nothing more they can do to kick dirt in Epic's face than what they've been doing for 10 years. There is no reason for them to change course, make a statement, or perform any act even acknowledging Epic's existence. Steam won this fight before Epic even existed and they're customers' rabid loyalty is a testament to that.

They have a monopoly on physical PC games.

This is why videogames are getting worse.

We ignore them. Money doesn't grow on trees so when they burn all the money we just laugh at his rat looking face.

He's not a hero, but he didn't do anything wrong.

Dev's should just respond with exactly what he said, this should be the norm. "We needed money, and Epic gave us money."

Not try to tie in their contribution to the political movement in France about giving bread baskets to Nigerian orphans that Valve has been causing with their drone strikes against the oppressive bourgeoisie causing civilian casualties.

This doesn't even make sense. They don't even sell physical games.

Yeah, probably. I stopped buying video games a long time ago though.

So did i read this right? This game is an actual exclusive not a timed one?

At least they were transparent. No shitting on supporters like Ooblets or "muh 12%" like every publishers says almost like an automated computer response.

>monopoly is bad
>but evidently, so is competition
What's the solution?

Cheers Tim!

>Pretty much the same way Bayonetta 2 was made.
Not really.
Nintendo had faith in Platinum and Bayo2 so they gave them money to develop the game from the start. Without them Bayo2 wouldn't have happened.
Epic swoops in at the last stretch, throws the dev/publisher money to make the game exclusive for a year.

But then what happens to all the companies that were brought in under their proverbial umbrella?

Monopoly is good when i like the company.

Which giant corporation am I supposed to be rooting for, Yea Forums? Valve or Epic?

Nope still timed

Piracy. Fuck corporations.

Valve is against exclusivity. Epic only promotes them to do the same shit. It would create a worse end deal for everyone and cause many storefronts to shutter like GoG if Valve did anything significant. Like lowering their cut pressures others to also lower their cut where they cannot sustain themselves. It does not help anyone.

What is Steam's monopoly? There are multiple digital distributors for games on PC, Gog/Uplay/Origin/Battlenet/etc, and even then, Steam's biggest competition is piracy
What the fuck does Epic do to fight this "monopoly"? Forcing you to only buy games through their store? How is that not a monopoly?

Everything was fine 2 years ago. Seriously. Steam is only at the top because they're the best at the moment. They aren't doing anything to corner the market. The customers willingly come to them. As soon as someone shows up with a damn fine client to rival Steam, then the competition starts.

All this EGS business is not really competition. Epic doesn't have a product. They just have money to throw around. They're trying to buy all the balls so people have to play in their court, but they still aren't gaining any traction because they have no PRODUCT. Their launcher is shit and people don't want it.

That's up to them. If they didn't did anything good with the money Epic gave them then they go bankrupt, hopefully along with Epic.

>steamfags actually have loyalty to a shitty drm storefront
Literal autism, just use the gog launcher

>everyone pirates
>no profit
>devs don’t get paid, find other jobs
>no games
This is why communism is the only right answer

>as an indie publisher
Indie publisher is an oxymoron.

This is the only time I have ever thought that this was acceptable. But yeah, I'm 100% okay with it given the circumstances.

Definetely not Epic. Valve is the lesser of two evils by far. Support GoG.

>Steam's monopoly
I didn't realize Minecraft was on Steam.
Or Fortnite.
Or League of Legends.
Or World of Warcraft.
Oh wait...

store.steampowered.com/app/562810/MONOPOLY_PLUS/

OH NO NO NO NO STEAMBROS
WE GOT TOO COCKY
STEAM REALLY HAS A MONOPOLY

I don't think Tim thought this one through
>Zoom zooms won't have a fucking clue or care about odd world of all franchises.
>People that do care about oddworld are both autistic enough to not use EGS and saavy enough to know how pirate if they are actually interested in the game, and the game being a niche title without multiplayer means there is no reason to not pirate
>The timed exclusivity means moralfags can buy it elsewhere if they want to

This situation works out great for everyone but him

Monopoly is the absofuckinglute worst thing on the fucking planet, what are you smoking?

Attached: hUWx1W8_Ad3ohpDo64MSEUYs3caNogwDPRI58IFGMkk.jpg (3024x3779, 1.59M)

Soulstorm as I understand it is another remake, and considering the last one was soulless why should I care about this one?

The thing is if valve did this the media would have a field day
Imagine the company with the biggest market share locking smaller companies out of selling games. People would be calling for all kinds of regulations if that shit happened. Imagine if Valve bent the knee to EA years ago and let them sell DLC with Steam taking a 0% cut for example, there would be no Origin and probably no Uplay, it would literally just be Steam, Battlenet and maybe the Microsoft store and if valve didn't pull the paid mods thing Bethesda would have never made the Bethesda store.

Basically Valve own 'greed' prevented Steam from becoming a monopoly that is a million times worse than whatever shit we had before EGS showed up.

based

Nope this one is fully exclusive, alot of epic deals going foreword are gonna be like that cause they were reached out to earlier and earlier into development.

>PC gaming

Not even once.

Those console ports of Half-Life by Gearbox? Or was just work of Vivendi?

God Monopoly is such a fucking piece of shit game.

Oh really retard, then why was pc gaming so much better when it was a monopoly, MUH COMPETITION only got us scummy developers and less games to buy

It wasn't Tim, it's just a blanket offer that's brought to recognizable but not major franchises, and was likely emailed out by an intern going through their morning checklist. Lorne decided guaranteed money to finish a game that might not otherwise be done this decade sounded good (rightfully so), so he jumped on it.

Tim just signs off on most deals, only heavily negotiating himself for major releases.

>2020
>ps5 out
>ps5 more powerful than any pc for 500 bucks
Why are you niggers crying over Epic, get a console and forget pc

Do you seriously not understand what a 'game distribution platform' is? Hint: the blizzard launcher is not one.

Bethesda pulled the paid mods shit. Valve just supported them. They have creation club on every Bethesda game with mod support now.

Did they market themselves on Steam first? Legit haven't followed it at all.
If they didn't there is literally nothing wrong with this.

this one isnt a remake, the original exodus was a compromised vision with almost all the intended stuff cut, this game is more like what they wanted the game to actually be like, its pretty mucha divergence point in the continuity.

You would almost be right if Destiny 2 wasn't on there.

Monopoly on PC is also a piece of shit, it's easily the worst fucking experience anyone can have.

Attached: 4b6329af3f9f77f1a1c58bbcd659009b33c3aba0.jpg (444x208, 50K)

Madlad Swindly Timmy funding more free copies! Based!

>advance on our pc sales

HAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHHAAH fucking timmy buys everything

>no news about this at all
>wasn't on Steam to begin with
>devs needed money
>exclusivity announcement was honest and straight to the point

What's the problem tards? Are you just drumming up something again?
As far as Epic exclusives go, this is actually completely fair. The Ooblets and Mech Warrior announcements deserved the backlash though.

Consoles are and will always be total dogshit
>can't use mouse and keyboard
>have to pay to play online
>in the case of PS4 pro it sounds like a fucking jet engine on any graphically intensive game
No thank you, I'm done with consoles. I used to buy them for the exclusives but at this point not even the exclusives make consoles worth buying, the machines themselves are just complete garbage.

Well, then just keep pirating, lol. Epic's vringing a new era of PC piracy, and hopefully they'll jump ship again like when they fucked off to Microsoft after sabotaging Gears of War.

"indie" has lost its meaning, a bit like how alpha and beta lost theirs back during the early access craze a few years ago. what they mean is small studio

I was already not interested in this game when it was revealed it'd have a fucking crafting system. Being an epic exclusive is just more reason not to buy into it.
And I'm a fucking New n Tasty apologist.

Attached: 1535361637977.jpg (921x607, 138K)

Look at all those goodies I'm missing holy shit this is the best timeline ever

Attached: 1553546949480.jpg (1677x2500, 542K)

>We wanted the big money and they gave us the big money
How nice of them to be so forward about it

Yeah that's what I meant I just worded it wrong. I think a lot of people have no idea how cancerous Steam could have been if the big publishers got their way, they would love to not have to pay for the infrastructure to deliver their games and or the servers the online games run on but the money they would have lost on Valve taking a cut on DLC/paid mods was too much to outweigh that benefit.

thanks Timmy I love free shit

It wasn't a monopoly you retard. What's happening now is what console cucks deal with where they have exclusive titles. Think Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

>If you don't see it as doing anything wrong, why do you need to give your reasons for it?
they know their customers absolutely hate it and they hope the appologies will mean that they won't get shit on

based pirate user.

Epic won't jump ship, the plan is to destabilize the indieshit market with welfare and contractual fake sales in order to introduce Tencent shovelware to the western audience at the height of the bubble burst.

Timmy Epic China paid for your game. This one is on him lads. Get it for free!

I mean I don't think any chunk gachashit can hold a candle to EA and their constantly resetting sports gacha. I think their business strategy needs a rework.

i hope this game flops.

Good for you, greedy nigger. Not buying your game though.

Remind me why everything on one store (Steam) is a good thing again?
How quickly you all forget how dog-shit their latest summer sale was because of their complacency.

Attached: praise_monopoly.gif (350x400, 1.04M)

The design of it was fucked and they always tell devs to avoid releasing right around summer sale time. They do everything they can on their end.

kek, any time I see somebody's profile with the corgi badge I don't even want to associate with them

I dont think its particularly beneficial if it doesn't sell or wont sell until the exclusivity period is up.

Also I heard that Epic is low-balling smaller studios, compared to bigger publishers. The cash injection is not the same for every offer and takes months of negotiation. I hope they priced their deal with enough cash to cover lost sales.

>we are indie but Epic supports our goals and commitment and is willing to help us achieve our goals and gives us additional financial assistance

so what the fuck does "indie" even mean now?

Lorne is the only guy I'll give a pass to on this.

Stay mad, cuck. Wojak posting is based.

Not owned by a publisher

Buying exclusives isn't competition. Both stores having the same games would be true competition, because then the only deciding factor is how good the actual store is, not what games they were fast or rich enough to bribe.
That's why I respect Valve for not copying Epic's behaviour.

Pretty much this, can appreciate the honesty. Epic is still shit though.

Reminder all DRM is shit, garbage, and trash

>Remind me why everything on one store (Steam) is a good thing again?
Remind me why something being on a single store (Epic Games) is a good thing again? I don't mind things being in both stores. There's just too many launchers too.

>steam
>bethesda launcher
>Uplay
>origin
>epic games store
>blizzard's
and I'm sure I'm forgetting some

>Just suck China's dick bro, everyone's doing it!

I don't want everything on one store, I want everything on every store. Then we'd have true competition and some stores that actually try to pander to us, the consumers.

>how dog-shit their latest summer sale was
works on my machine

Attached: file.png (914x519, 448K)

And here I had some hopes for it.
Lets see how deep are Tim's pockets

Timmy paid upfront you don't have to

lol.
quintology.
Lorne is one of the most insufferable people in the industry.

AND ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

i dont understand this sentiment, if youre a pirate you wouldve pirated it no matter which store it was on

>no customer demonizing bullshit and just admitting you needed the money
Respectable and understandable
Devs, take note

Attached: understandable_have_a_great_day_by_friikz0-dbhsc5o.png.jpg (300x194, 25K)

That's the thing you imbeciles refuse to understand. Steam got people to stop pirating by offering convenience and better service, something egs doesnt. Hence why the 'egs games are guilt free pirate!' sentiment

>Respectable and understandable
>Devs, take note
kill yourself

Why imagine it when he isn't? Retarded chink shill.

Attached: chink be gone.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

do you actually believe this?

>steam got people to stop pirating
piracy has done nothing but grow in size in every industry, nothing has put a dent in it

Literally shoot up Epic Games

Oh yeah, so much useless shit that adds nothing to the experience of the game.
I couldn't give less shit about your pathetic war but, you are not a part of pirate crew. You're just a lil bitch

I will never not be mad at the lucky pieces of scumfucks who got shit and not me. die in a fire.

based retarded zoomer

at least these fuckers actually came out and said "yeah we are doing it for the money" rather than ooblets devs shitting on the userbase.

do you not? people are committed to not spending their money if they dont have to. if someone is okay with pirating then theyll pirate from anywhere. nobody trying to save a buck is thinking "well ill make an exception because gaben is cool"

prove me wrong, show me evidence that piracy has lessened(you cant) and that steam had something to do with it(it didnt because it didnt happen)

Don't be a greedy bitch and make a game that will sell based on its merits and you won't need to be a whore for Epic to show off. It's not the customers' fault that you got caught deciding to pass off all the inconvenience onto them for some guaranteed money.

Lol just pirate Every Game bruh

>no winnie the pooh

Could have saved our time and theirs saying "we want money now and the loan agency did not want to give it to us so we went for epic"
Much easier and more sincere

Attached: 1554304945735.gif (352x198, 2.87M)

It would be more like this
>We want to go with epic because valve is a cancer to gaming industry. neck yourself steamdrones

>prove me wrong, show me evidence that piracy has lessened(you cant) and that steam had something to do with it(it didnt because it didnt happen)
I can. Easily. I have more games in steam library purchased than you abomination will ever have on EGS and top of it a pirated library of back log games I haven't played yet.
Prove me that EGS contributed to any of those points in a positive way besides buying talentless indie devs, you can't. Kill yourself.

pooh didn't pay for epic exclusivity

Attached: tencent tim sweeney.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

>piracy as a whole is down because i personally buy some games on steam
oh boy, you really are retarded

Most launchers are unironically better than Steam, because they can be closed after launching the game without making the game sperg out and exit.

Thanks for the free game, Tim!

>oh boy, you really are retarded
how am I retarded, piracy is down since I buy games on Steam, as many many other do aswell
you better start pointing out those positives of EGS chink bootlicker and that real quick before you get torn apart in this thread

piracy is growing numbnuts, its well documented. just because you bought a few games doesnt mean nobody else pirated them.
not sure where you got the idea i like egs when im advocating for piracy, my best guess is you got assmad and started projecting opinions you disagree with onto me because youre a brainlet that doesnt understand anecdotes dont matter

The problem is that the client is spyware and Swine is selling all your collected data to a chinese company with ties to the chinese government. If you don't value your privacy you're part of the problem. It rifles through everything from system files to steam text files. Try watching it with a packet sniffer.

I appreciate the honesty rather than giving a "to serve the customers better" bullshit PR firm response.

This.
It’s not going to make me buy it though, but the honesty is appreciated.

this is rich coming from some retarded animal shitposter that only pirates games and hence has a disliking of steam and sees no value in steam

>just because you bought a few games doesnt mean nobody else pirated them.
prove it nigger. Prove me that the game I bought somebody else pirated and left a big huge hole in the pirating industry. You can't. Get fucked.

I bought my games. Piracy led to many games being bought after them being pirated aswell, which decreases the piracy (evidence) which you autist demanded. Get fucked again.

Now back to EGS, point out of those positives. I'm waiting NIGGER. Or should I say Ching Xheng.

i dont dislike steam, i use it all the time. there you go again with the projection. whats next? you gonna assume i like pineapple on pizza based on me telling you piracy is on the rise? stay retarded and see where it gets you

>sees no value in steam

Y'arr mate. I'm using steam as a library form my pirated games. There is no reason to buy games there

>prove it nigger. Prove me that the game I bought somebody else pirated and left a big huge hole in the pirating industry. You can't. Get fucked.
go to any torrent site, the numbers get bigger and bigger by the day
>I bought my games. Piracy led to many games being bought after them being pirated aswell, which decreases the piracy (evidence) which you autist demanded. Get fucked again.
you buying games doesnt stop others pirating them, not sure how you could possibly think otherwise. yeah some people buy after pirating but thats a minority, most pirates just pirate and thats that.
keep projecting the egs store onto me, it really only shows how mentally stunted youare

>1 store
weren't there already 3 or 4 before epic ever showed up? Don't you need origin for EA games and uplay for ubisoft games, regardless of whether you buy them on steam? And it's only a matter of time before disney sticks their dick in our asses in yet another industry

you are some retarded newfag that pirated all single player games he ever played in between breaks playing some dumb free to play shit

shut the fuck up and stop posting

Disney is supporting epic.

>Talking about stockholm syndrome
THE FUCKING IRONY

Not that guy but, you're quite pathetic. Stay mad for my amusement

Attached: 51275912581131.png (490x589, 269K)

Eh, they straight out said they wanted the fast cash payout. I'll wait till the timed exclusivity has ran out or get the console version. I appreciate honesty and not trying to hide behind some bullshit reason like Ooblets and others.

>steam

Attached: oops.jpg (822x719, 50K)

What? Can you like stay on topic and point out how superior EGS is?
All of a sudden he is a active Steam user over EGS for his pirated games. How does a victim like you use EGS to buy games when you can't afford shit on Steam. Triple neck yourself.

>more projection
keep going, its beginning to be funny

EGS is the place for you to stay you fortnite excrement

Piracy isn't a movement, you stupid idiot.

Ah well suppose I'll pirate it. Shame I would have bought it as well I love Odyssey.

Dude, i'm not using egs. What is your problem? Thanks for funding my games, good goy

Do consider the silver lining here.
If you don't want it on EGS, this situation is helping to fund the development of a console release as well.

when more and more people begin doing it en masse then yeah it technically is a movement

>This one's on me!

no, just selfishness. A movement of "me!". Grow up.

Other than Tencent and the slight annoyance of downloading one more client, is there something particularly bad about the Epic Game Store? Like, people are going out of the way to boycott games just because they release on this other digital store. Personally, I’m lazy as fuck, so downloading an extra client sounds annoying, but I don’t really get what the big deal is here.

being selfish doesnt stop it from being a movement, think with your head and learn what words mean

This. I wish Steamdrones would go to bat for the best storefront of them all.

Seriously. Fuck Steam.

Attached: denuvo.jpg (484x484, 34K)

yeah it does

All modern programs and devices do this. It's not excusable but let's stop pretending that you aren't already being monitored.

Becase the reason for devs to go to another store like this is that they're guaranteed your sales, which means they don't care if you pay or not so I won't.

I'm not because I use Arch Linux, Waterfox, GOG installers, riot.im and Libreoffice. Literally nothing else.

>go to any torrent site, the numbers get bigger and bigger by the day
sick evidence, what you got there? Seeders and Leechers ? Damn. Growing by the day... as we speak... it never ever stops.. infinite piracy infinite loophole that leaves poor devs on the streets
>keep projecting the egs store onto me, it really only shows how mentally stunted youare
EGS insect at it's core

Right. Cornered like a fucking dog. Maybe switch to Ubisoft launcher or Microsoft Store? Or are you just some poorfag who doesn't by anything and pretend piracy is growing by the day without having shit to back anything up whilst Steam users can't even be bothered to pirate because shit is so cheap and available on Steam?

Just kill yourself. Literally end yourself. Goal moving autist. You bastard couldn't even defend Timmy buying out indie devs in a positive way, besides you benefitting from piracy which you got BTFO'd into oblivion by one post. Literally this why do you even post.

No, steam cultists are just mad because their favorite corporation is going under. Enjoy the fun user

>Dev gets money from epic
>Pirate the shit out of their game
>Epic loses money
>2 years later, dev tries to get a deal from epic again
>Epic tells them to fuck off because they just made them lose money
>Epic loses money, devs loses their jobs because they wanted to be greedy
And none of the value was lost

Attached: 1534504292403.png (324x380, 207K)

>implying your ISP doesn't keep everything you do in check
lol

okay chang

>implying my ISP sees my browsing history
I use dns.watch and a VPN for everything. Nice try.

Am I the only one who likes the PRC?

>Am I the only one

Never user!

Attached: 03a.jpg (600x454, 40K)

how are seeders and leechers not evidence of piracy?

user calm down, just buy games like a good goy. Pirates need idiots like you and sweeney to fund our games afterall

Attached: 31249141.jpg (274x184, 17K)

how are seeders and leechers evidence of a constantly growing piracy without decline? You better come up with something real good.

Yeah, all this EPIG IS FINAMSED BY DA CHYMEEZ GUBBERMENT bullshit doesn't phase me. Anything to get the Amerimutts sweating out the calories.

It's the complete lack of basic quality of life shit and an overall fucking unfinished storefront that keeps me from ever bothering with Epic.

Steam has an API for everything Tim Tencent claims he needs to spy on you for.

because every seeder and leecher is someone that isnt paying for a game, and the numbers of seeders and leechers go up meaning the number of people not paying for games goes up. is this too complex an explanation for you?
theres also the fact that bitorrent accounts for the largest use of upload bandwidth

>Yeah, all this EPIG IS FINAMSED BY DA CHYMEEZ GUBBERMENT bullshit doesn't phase me

It should if you're an American. There's a clause in our debts that if we don't pay it off by 2050, they take control of the majority stake in all the land they've financed in the United States

Meaning that government that "doesn't matter because they're not your government" now is and you better hope you've been a good goy before they implement their social credit system here.

Attached: 1554359080420.png (375x331, 13K)

>He thinks vpn is protecting him from the big brother

Don't tell me what to buy or not insect. You are by definition 3rd world worthless trash who uses software that he dislikes and pretend to be in favor for EGS at the same time. Timmy paid for your games and since you don't buy anything on EGS either you don't have to worry that those indie devs might end up on the street. But the fact that you can't afford games is fuckng hilarious to me, it really is.

This is the first time I have seen a game developer be so open. If they all we’re like this, straight up with there fan base and told us the truth. Then people would be more respectful of them. Well done oddworld thank you for sharing and having the upmost care for us. I can’t wait to play soul storm keep up the good work we are behind you. I hope the over companies take note

Why me (consumer) should give two shits about epic and devs?

i can afford games now that ive saved so much cash from not buying them. still wont though, might buy a go-kart instead

Shut up and consume, that's why.

the fact that they have to rationalize going with a platform no one wants makes it obvious it was the wrong move

Attached: 1565950550392.jpg (785x717, 113K)

>It should if you're an American.

But I'm not.

Attached: 1565475868789.jpg (1920x1080, 583K)

buy a proper rope for your weight instead

They need money man. Come on give these devs a break.

More people are making more games. Competition harsh. Take every advantage you can get.

>But the fact that you can't afford games is fuckng hilarious to me, it really is.

I can afford them, but why would i use my money on something that you already funded for me?

my wallet is indeed quite heavy from the sheer amount of money that i dont spend on games in it

EGS is fine just don't sit on it...

Based.

>Don't own shit on Steam
>Don't own shit on Epic
makes no difference where you buy

Going epic exclusive is no different than canceling the damb game to me

Guess I have to pirate it

This creepy incel is giving out free games!
>Just pirate your favorite steam games at your leisure. You don't have to worry about hurting the developers, he's already paid them for you!

>steam got people to stop pirating
kek, nothing will ever get people to stop pirating. It's fucking free, I don't care if Gabe sends three 11/10 virgins to my house for every hour steam is installed in my pc, I'd still pirate. Anyone trying to take the high road by saying they only pirate because epic is a faggot and I will ram my cock down your throats.

Okay Gabe

God, PC gaming really is dead

but at this point its basically:
>release game for everybody and maybe succeed, even if slowly over time
>release game for nobody but make guaranteed day 1 money

>be pirate

Attached: 1443658698097.jpg (604x438, 24K)

>release game for no one
People using the epic store, pirates and console
>instead of slowly releasing it for everyone
In one year it will be up on steam. That's fairly slow if you ask me.

Imagine playing a game Oddworld made after Abe's Exoddus.

Attached: 1548832188249.jpg (323x241, 8K)

Attached: 000003531.jpg (1080x1052, 264K)