The removal of the national dex

Discuss

Attached: 1560990325271.png (759x966, 787K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendosoup.com/japanese-pokemon-fans-demand-to-know-which-pokemon-has-been-cut-from-sword-and-shield/
reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c187sz/japanese_opinion_regarding_national_dex_cut/
youtube.com/watch?v=egCKrIMOYhM
serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1141404511883472896
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only including the popular Pokemon is not "changing the meta"

How do you know they'll only include the pokemon from the current meta?

Anyone who says “But removing Pokemon will fix the meta” are sub 1100 Elo shitters.
Anyone that is somewhat competent in competitive knows less Pokemon means the meta is less balanced (As evident of LGPE and VGC).

The meta doesnt need to fucking change
Im not competitive i just want to play a game with my favorite mons

So does anyone with a brain

>fighting pokemon isnt the main point of a pooemon game

I wanted this since hacking became a thing in xy. No joke, I wanted them to completly cut off transferring so we can have a clean start. Honestly would never know that autists would cry so much about data. Playing since rby and the only time I was sad not beeing able to transfer my old mons to new ones, was in rse because there was no ditto.

Honestly that shit is mostly used for
>get my hacked mons to the next game
>fill the dex without catching them again
Get new friends, that is the intended way to play this franchise ffs

They'll only include the popular shit. I guarantee all 150 kantomons will be in it just to pander for the dudebros

I don't know what other reason they have for keeping Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Toxapex around.

Well it could be more balanced, but randomly removing pokemon is like randomly knocking down walls in your house

I'm pretty sure you couldn't use pokemon from the national dex online during early sun and moon era though?

Yeah I'm sure the fucks responsible for shit like Mega Milf and Mega Fug are gonna give us a real healthy meta.

It's obvious why they had to do it. Pokemon is a tiny, niche franchise made by a small indie company that has to devote all of its resources into high quality models and animations.

Because Chansey and Skarmory won't be in the game and you need some kind of defensive mons.

>discuss
FUCK OFF WITH YER LOW EFFORT BAIT SHIT

The least you can do is voice your own opinion fucking hell post after post its
>discuss
>twitterscreencap.jpeg

You're right, we can't expect Game Freak, the Pokemon Company or even Nintendo to allocate enough money to developers for such a tiny franchise like Pokemon!

They're not confident enough in the new shitmons they're shoveling out?

Thanks for the (You)

They won’t.
Every Gen’s meta has been widely different from one another despite each Generation having all the previous Pokemon.
The Metas charged because of new Mechanics and Balance changes.
Like LGPE is radically different from RGBY/Stadium despite having only a few more Pokemon available.

Oh, and you know what else? Its universally agreed apon that USUM is far more balanced and enjoyable than LGPE.

>Using your pokemon online or against friends isnt the main point of a pokemon game
Absolutely retarded. The entire point of pokemon since day 1 was the connectivity between you and your friends games. To catch em all you had to link wiuth other people and trade. Battling with others is par for the course and LITERALLY THE MAIN MECHANIC OF POKEMON

I understand from an economic point because there are some Pokemon that barely get used but too fucking bad game freak.
The one nice thing is that maybe this will put to rest the stupid "Japanese always put the best effort into their products" meme shit thats been going on for the past 30 years.

Having all pokemon in the game is stupid, considering the only reason to do that is for competitive purposes, and like 70% of all pokemons are useless competitively. The game has much bigger problems than that.

>couldn‘t use national dex in sm
There is no nat dex in sm. Also doesn‘t matter. Old pokemon are still centralizing the whole game.
>inb4 tapus
And there are genies and thousand other pokemon that fucks new ones. Completly cut everything, would be the best choice.

Every Pokemon game should only have it's own unique 151 Pokemon for you to discover.

>chansey
>not in the game

She's gen 1 you piece of shit. You fucking bet that she's in

>non comp
>having opinions on meta
Why is every Yea Forums casual like this with every fucking game.

Because you can set your watch to how they do rulesets in VGC. In two years time all the box legends and popular legendary Pokemon will be legal to use and will be made available in those games.

>reeeeeeee why won't they add the pokemon I never used back in!?!?!?!?

Having a limited number of pokemon is unironically better for the game, at least compared to having the same +800 and counting. Not every place has the same pokemon species, this is a good decision in both the thematic and narrative perspective since it opens up and makes the world feel real. And it's also a good decision in a gameplay perspective since this will make way for new pokemon becoming favorable competitively instead of the same handful of OP ones.
>b-but muh favorites!!
Grow up.

In an interview, GF said you'd be able to transfer pokemon from LGPE to SwSh if they were in the latter. Not even all Kantomons are safe from the cull.

The meta actually does need to change.
They've blocked off any sort of strategy the game may have just so they can put 4 attack moves on the hardest hitters

They should have said
>"We're not satisfied with the models for the Pokemon that will not be included with the game, but we'll work on including them in future"
Then not do it. I unironically thought that's what they meant at first anyway, the high quality animations were for the Pokemon not in the game because they were deemed "too low quality". No-one'd even care if they said they were going to include them, then did but in a future installment "superior version", Pokefags would just deal with it. Bad Marketing, which is odd because Pokemon is a legendary IP as far as marketing goes.

>Fuck Nintendo for removing the national dex
>I don't actually care if they remove the national dex
>It's not important
>It's not a bad thing
>Game Freak did the right thing by something removing the national dex
>Sword and Shield are the best pokemon games to date
>How can I shove Game Freak's dick further down my throat
>89

Why didn't you use them?

Hey retard, you can still transfer Pokemon. This isn't going to stop that.

But what about the people who wasted weeks of their life to find a shiny with a good nature?

pokemon is shit. hacker's playground and no meaningful work. pointless game

Sixty US dollars

Attached: 1566238998182.jpg (960x960, 117K)

Nope, none of that will happen.

You're all fucking idiots, all of the pokemon are still going to be in the files to preserve compatibility with whatever gen 8 games have them.
On day 1 this game will be datamined and every pokemon will be there. I guarantee it.

Attached: 1549537876090.png (327x322, 101K)

When have they ever?
They have such low confidence in their new mons that nearly every Gen 7 mon had an exclusive move or even an exclusive ability for an excuse to have people use them.
Game Freak was surprised that people used Aegislash as a special-oriented attacker. They were SUPRISED that a Pokemon with ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY BASE SPECIAL ATTACK with VIABLE SPECIAL MOVES would be used as a SPECIAL ATTACKER in a meta where INTIMIDATE MONS ARE PLENTIFUL!

This is unacceptable, there should be some kind of quality control by the government

But you won't be able to use them online

>but the meta
Not only meta is already shit with confirmed pokémon, but if they wanted to restrict the meta, they only need to use the fucking hexagon like Gen 6.
It's lazyness. And shills are willing to pay more for less content if it has the Pokémon name on it. End of the story.

Attached: 1566215864687.png (608x391, 44K)

You realize this is Gamefreak we're talking about? There's going to be no fucking thematic or narrative improvements, it's gonna be the same tired garbage, with a complete lack of justification for shit like Pikachu and Charizard showing up in every region. They're going to get by doing the bare minimum they've been doing since the 3DS days.

I'm glad people are angry towards the game, but like you said for the wrong reasons. Nothing about the game screams next-gen. It's just another new game in the series with a new stupid gimmick (retarded Godzilla sized Pokemon). Low effort piece of shit.

Yes, we are fine with that
This is why Japs can get away with anything nowadays

Attached: 1562479304068.jpg (1200x800, 164K)

>I never used back
But we did?
See? This is how we know tranny shills are casuals.

Attached: 1562951353187.png (538x967, 250K)

>tripfag
Can't believe you got this much replies.

I highly doubt that SWSH will be more balanced than USUM, but definitely will be more balanced than LGPE.
This is because every Pokemon can be a potential Check/Counter/Competition to top tier Pokemon.
Imagine if suddenly, Tapu Fini, Tapu Bulu, Toxapex, Protean, Choice Scarf, Kommo-o, Mega Gyarados, and Megas that use priority were all removed from USUM, but Battle Bond Greninja still existed.
So many ways to beat Ash Greninja are now gone, as well as several competitors.

While I don’t know if Ash Greninja will be in Galar (probably not), I do know there will be a top tier Pokemon that could have been countered by cut Pokemon/Megas, and otherwise wouldn’t be as broken.

Why do people want to play SM for the 3rd time?

>the thematic and narrative perspective since it opens up and makes the world feel real.
Lol

>z-moves
>mega evolutions
>dynamax
There won't be any kind of balance

>all of the pokemon are still going to be in the files to preserve compatibility with whatever gen 8 games have them
No, and that's the problem, you absolute mongoloid. They already put the excuses because they COULDN'T PROGRAM THE MONS ON THE GAME. And they already changed their Customer Policy regarding this matter. Are you retarded?
Game has NO full compatibility, and that's is exactly the problem here.

Attached: 1562451236443.jpg (600x665, 227K)

And a ching ching ping pong to you too young lady.

there's a lot of fat they can trim from Pokemon to make it funner

i would start with overhalling the entire systems around breeding and its benefits

keep the benefits but fucking do something about it to stream line the process because its all grind

It's funny because if a Non-Japanese company did this (that isn't Bethesda) would get so much shit for this controversy that wouldn't have simply blown over in a month's worth of time.

gen 1 and 2 were the only ones that mattered

ever

>Getting hyped for the same stale game released a million times
>Getting excited for shitty new Pokemon like the giant cake
>Thinks the world can feel real with Pokemon becoming stupid ass giants
>Grow up.

Attached: 2qcds2.jpg (614x586, 36K)

>look we rendered the models but bigger, here's your gimmick for this gen

>Gimmick of gen 2 was breeding and everything related like genders
>Gimmick of gen 3 were natures and abilities
>Gimmick of gen 7 is big monsters

>it will change the meta
*laughs in ferrothorn and toxapex*

national dex needs to be gutted irregardless
there is way too much unusable trash bloat in it as it is and new generations only add to that list

>All pokemon are meant for battle!!!!!
Really casualfag?

There's still going to be plenty of unusable trash. Shit like Vespiquen gets to exist.

Man, I sure did hate how you could catch Solrock and Lunatone in Alola, and were not just transfer only.

>less new pokemon overall
>new "regional forms" that look like shit
>reused assets and animations
>people still defend this caus e "m-m-muuuh waeeeefuuuu"

sne

Z-moves and Megas were moved

pokemon has been ded for years
i don't know why people still give a shit and still buy these awful games

>fights agaisnt friend arent one of thw main point of the game
I hate zoomers a lot

Then just start over.

Same reason sports games are a yearly thing.

ditto is in emerald

But it will change the meta.
The new Sub-Legendaries will, just like they always have since their beginning well except for Gen 6 because Gen 6 has now sub-legends :^)

>Muh balanced meta
>Gives something with STAB extreme speed+Belly drum STAB sucker punch, increased stats, Guts to benefit off of burns, and a new giant form with even more buffed stats.

Attached: E1109E85-F75D-4FAE-8F01-8BA8D0AA2DCA.jpg (3000x3000, 516K)

>removing dozens of hours worth of gameplay as well as trainer customization in ORAS? that's fine
>re-releasing the same game for full price a year later but with move tutors and other minor changes that should have been in the original or as free updates? that's fine
>railroading the fuck out if the game and making the series more and more needlessly casual with piss poor game balance? that's fine
>removing meaningless box filler that isn't even usable in the game until months after it releases? WTF WHY IS GAME FREAK SO LAZY HOW ARE THEY GETTING AWAY WITH THIS #BringBackNationalDex

Attached: image.png (636x773, 8K)

>inb4GalarGoonCan'tLearnEspeedOrBellyDrumor even Sucker Punch

>playing competitive pokemon
>ever
user let me smell your breath

based

we need good mons

now all they have to do is buff most of the filler mons so we have an actual big pool of mons to pick from instead of like 20-30 or whatever

Oh thank god, now stealth rock/toxic spikes/spikes/sticky web will be the meta instead of stealth rock/toxic spikes/spikes/rapid spin

Attached: th85olhqucg01[2].jpg (418x420, 24K)

>Anyone who says “But removing Pokemon will fix the meta” are sub 1100 Elo shitters.
Yeah, you're right, the meta would be much better if they allowed Rayquaza and Groudon into OU, because removing things from a format never makes it more balanced!

fucking retard

What are some guaranteed removed mons?
My guess is
>Ledyba evolution line
>Jumpluff evolution line
>Combee and Vespiqueen
>Farfetch'd

Oh wow it's not like those got on a banlist on both official and unoffical formats in previous gens instead of deleting them from the game.

>Farfetch'd
>Kanto mon ever getting deleted

Affleck leak already conformed a regional evolution anyway.

i honestly love it because 250 was enough i wish they'd remove more

Oh wow it's like you completely missed the fucking point. HOW it's removed isn't relevant.

The meta has largely stagnated since 4th gen. Some pokemon move up in tiers due to new moves or builds, but tiered pokemon have rarely moved down since the 3rd -> 4th gen gap. Compare with, say, Lapras going from Great to Good to Shit over the course of the first 3 gens due to actual nerfs to its builds.

>Meta is the same with either result
>Purge just means people who like them can't use them in any capacity.

WHAT IS THE POINT?

Gotta catch them all!

there's a severe lack of passion from GF part
and its getting more and more noticeable with each new game
>same shitty boxlegendary storyline they have been using since gen 3
>1 new gimmick per gen that they will discard in the next gen
>less and less dungeons and optional content
>more and more obtrusive cutscenes that ruin the flow of the gameplay
>pokemon have to be mascots now instead of actual monsters
gen5 was the last gen where they actually tried

t. competitive cuck
Imagine playing pokemon competitively

It's just because Game Freak is lazy and incompetent. Look at the whole future proofed models thing. They go out of their way to do as little as possible. Game Freak is a company of George Costanzas.

Why are they so lazy?

>>Meta is the same with either result
Yes I'm sure the meta will be the same with Groudon and Rayquaza allowed. There's no reason to remove them, they're just preventing me from using my favorites!

Because they know that no matter how bad the games get they will still sell like blow jobs on Two Dollar Blowjob Tuesday at the brothel.

>They'll only include the popular shit
Then why are there more gen 5 Pokemon confirmed in the game than gen 1 Pokemon?

>Things that no one was fine with
>But I will pretend people were fine with it, and call the people against corporations NPCs
Wow. It’s almost like those Pokemon were reviewed by a group of people who participate in the competitive singles format, and said pokemon were deemed to be ban worthy from OU, but are still usable in Ubers and AG. Could you imagine if out of touch Japanese business men not only decided how to make the meta, but to also completely remove those Pokemon from the code, and then give reasonings like “It’s too cold haha XD”.

Remove all old Pokemon and drop the price to $10

>>Things that no one was fine with
newfag

>main point of a Pokemon game
That would be the shallow, linear gameplay and bad story that doesn't matter?

>this mongoloid plays competitive fucking pokemon
who in the fuck on earth gives a shit? it's a fucking literal baby game with baby game strategy designed so fucking literal babies can win

shut the fuck up, now and forever, you're retarded

c/v/cks will still buy it anyways

If Japan doesn't know about it, the that must mean it's not that important!

Waiting for Game Freak to go full on KyoAni after everyone in Japan realizes their favorite mon didn't make it in AFTER their purchase.

>people who participate in the competitive singles format
These are the last people I'd trust to curate a list of pokemon. It would be a hundred hours of debate on pair typings and stat balance then their final list would end up without a single grass type because they all forgot those exist.

you're right and let's be real. if this series was less popular and not such a giant money maker, it would have died after gen 5. but they have to keep making the games because there's too much money to lose out on otherwise.

But Japan does know about it.

Ok gamefreak you can do whatever you want but how about you remove Pikachu? Surely you don't need that one Pokemon to keep your game afloat.

This retard doesn't know grass is one of the better typing.

remember when black and white only had mons of theyr generations? it was pretty cool desu but in post game you could catch others

either do it like b n w or include all

How about I put onry 20 pokemon in and make you pay 100 dorrar.

Attached: Junichi_Masuda.png (269x395, 243K)

>favorite pokemon is in
>it can't be transferred anyway unless I pay for a separate thing that doesn't come out until months after I'm already finished the game, and even then it will be useless online because of how unbalanced the online is

Wow, having the full pokedex sure matters!

You slant eyed devil

Attached: 1563221293791.png (1322x1096, 1.07M)

There is a list of Pokemon that didn't make in?

People really overrate how BW did "new pokemon", considering that 90% of it was obvious stand-ins for gen1 pokemon

I hope to fucking god it includes Landorus so apologists can end up gargling even more shit

Doesn't sound like your favorite.

You firthy gaijin. You should be gratefur we ret you have these games in first prace.

why not just make f2p game with microtransactions
>you can now buy crystals to get a chance to get the "new" pokemon
next gen will be filled with gacha shit

Why? Because I'm not pretending a minor issue is bigger than it is?

China is already ripping your game off as we speak.

You're the only one "reee"ing here.

Too bad they haven't been doing that either.

nintendosoup.com/japanese-pokemon-fans-demand-to-know-which-pokemon-has-been-cut-from-sword-and-shield/
reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c187sz/japanese_opinion_regarding_national_dex_cut/

Yeah, a minority. They haven't disclosed anything official for them as of yet. Apparently, we've been "dealt with", while Japan is still unaware. I've been trying to spread this for awareness, as they still seem to be catching most of this shit on glimpses. And this is on social media/internet at best, there's no other place disclosing this to them. If you're wondering about the Japanese message, someone had told me that was actually only on the American website only and never linked to any of their Japanese Twitter accounts. Although I'd love more disclosure on this matter.

But it's not minor. You just suck as a troll.

ed

>I can’t play with the same level 96 pokemon I’ve used for four generations?! I have to keep him safely in storage?!?!

Dumbest fucking backlash I’ve ever seen. Just catch some new Pokémon you dipshits. GF isn’t deleting your Pokémon that haven’t seen viable use in the campaign for 20 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=egCKrIMOYhM
>disabled like/dislikes bar and comments

Uh, dumbass? Only the GFcels defended lack of national dex, bad graphics, and removal of other things like trainer customization, no battle frontier, & Let's Go.

Dexit chads were always critical of the games.

Attached: 1560344221596.jpg.jpg (720x692, 92K)

Happens to almost every japanese trailer you newfag

Nah, they're just keeping them permanently frozen in a random app if you ever decide to transfer them to Home for only God knows what if there are missing pokemon that are literally not programmed into Swish at all.

I havent been into Pokemon since Gen 3
Pokemon fanbois are the biggest basedboys and cucks I've ever seen. I had a roommate that bought a switch for the Let's Go Pikachu and then bought a 2nd switch for his girlfriend to play Let's Go Eevee for two hours before dropping it. Granted she wasn't interested in video games as she was climbing in my bed everyday after he left for work

I don't personally give a shit because catching them all has been incredibly unrewarding. Including all the mon has made so many of them forgettable and shit, too. Who knows, I might end up using some shitmon that from 3 gens ago that I end up liking.
I don't think their reasoning for it is good, but I just don't see the value in having every pokemon available in every game.

>permanently
Right. Keep crying that you can’t use the same Pokémon for the 17th time in the upcoming game.

>living with another man and his girlfriend
beyond pathetic

Attached: 1548877292988.png (1250x1250, 1.34M)

Why are people defending less content

They were living with me dumbass
I kicked them out after he found out she was cheating on him a month after I stopped fucking her and she had moved on to three different guys and she gave him an STD

>new game comes out
>people hack in the best of the best without putting an ounce of effort into their team
>this will always happen regardless of how many Pokemon are in
You couldn't transfer shit to LGPE yet every single person online was using a perfect M-Gengar and Melmetal. You're gonna see the same perfect Ttars, Rotom-Ws, and whatever the new set of pseudo legendaries are with perfect IVs, EVs, and potentially illegal movesets. Cutting half the dex doesn't fix a problem that's been around since gen 3, you gigantic retard.

It's fun to be a retard apparently.

Is this a white trash fantasy or are you just white trash?

>oh, pokemon musicals are gone? eh it was kind of useless and didn't add anything to the game so I don't really care
>WAAAAAAAAAH WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING LESS CONTENT

FUCK JAPAN

Attached: 1566246898922.jpg (1074x784, 63K)

>game looks like a ps2 game in 2019 despite it being the first home console entry in the MAIN series
>animations looks worse than the gamecube games
>hundreds of pokemon culled from the dex, and all after they announced a better version of their storage service
>garbage looking mons; it always gets said but the recent ones have even the most loyal apologists scratching their heads
>the usual absence of long removed content that people still want back (megas, following pkmn, contests, etc.)
>all while being the biggest media franchise on earth
>somehow this is ok to unironically defend
>somehow this is ok to ironically defend because edgy chaotic neutral shits give no fucks despite this problem creeping into their lives in every other form of media

This is truly the worst timeline. Somebody wake me the fuck up already.

Attached: Yeah+custom+robo+bought+it+cause+they+looked+sort+_f251b85d50df7474185f9e0487384c7b.png (255x319, 92K)

Because the quality of that content has been consistently shit.

They're doing that too with Pokemon Masters

>Dexit chads were always critical of the games.
lol no they fucking weren't, otherwise there would have been mass complaints about this game far before dexit was confirmed.

>keeping in already-popular, overpowered pokemon
>balancing the meta
Pokedrones and GF shills are retarded.

Attached: 1533490984377.png (472x496, 114K)

If it was a fantasy, I lived it out. Shame the beaner girl wanted my baby because the sex was great, but I don't have babies with shitskins

But that's not my favorite Pokemon.

Just wait until landorus gets confirmed to be in the game.

>Yeah, a minority.
Because only a minority of people care. It's the exact same thing over here.

>They haven't disclosed anything official for them as of yet
Yes they have. They said so at E3 and Masuda had a Japanese message on the website.

It's possible as there is an image i saw, where Zekrom and a Pikachu encounters Eternatus the third legendary.

That's not defending less content

>>removing meaningless box filler
All the shitmons from Gen 1 and Gen 5 are in, you faggot. Masuda and James Turner want to shill their personal favorites at the expense everyone else.

serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Attached: 1361835655410.jpg (350x384, 15K)

So instead of high quantity low quality you wan low quantity low quality?

>people literally this obsessed over a literal game for toddlers
the absolute state of gamers

Attached: 1524861602328.jpg (640x360, 46K)

Neither is not caring about the national dex and stating how little it matters to the gameplay.

toddlers don't play this shit anymore they've moved to games like fortnite

>All the shitmons from Gen 1 and Gen 5 are in,
Yes, which I can proceed to then use in-game instead of waiting months to transfer them into my already finished game just so they can do nothing but rot in the PC. What's your point?

There's a difference between cool/good content and shit/worthless content

>Cool shit
Following pokemon
Battle fucking frontier
Rotation battles

>Shit shit
Pokemon musical
USUM's photo bullshit
Battle royale (what the fuck were they thinking with this shit. Worst of all, there's a fucking forced tutorial just to piss off O3DSfags)
Mantine surfing
Pokestars studio

Are you sure you don't have an STD?

Currently, I have no idea if the reduced quantity comes with the same shit quality as before. The games have been incredibly shit for a while though, so it either gets worse and has less content to speed up its death, or we see some improvements at the expense of content that doesn't actually change the gameplay that much.

>and shit/worthless content
like the national dex

the photo gimmick was executed poorly
they should make a standalone snap 2 game

mantine surf is alright, at least you only have to do it once and it makes sense for the region. poke pelago/festival plaza suck ass though.

If they're doing focusing on multiplayer this generation and removing pokemon because of the online meta, why not just introduce certain rules for online ranked multiplayer/let players ban certain pokemon before a game/some other way to limit the pool used, but let us single player and unranked multiplayer casuals be able to use whatever they want? I had no intention of buying Sword/Shield until the ultra/updated version came out, but not being able to collect all pokemon is a gigantic turnoff for me ever buying this gen, or future gens if this is done again.

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't cut down the amount of Pokemon years ago.
It is incredibly hard to balance a game with 900+ playable characters in it. This is why Smash Bros. rosters changed with every game (excluding Ultimate, of course).

But aside from that, I don't understand. People in the Twitter replies literally expect Pokemon like Arceus and Suicune and Charizard to be cut. Like, why? GF isn't going to cut the popular shit or the ones that are highly used in competitive. Those Pokemon will be given highest priority.

Nothing will change as long as GameFreak are still in charge

thar arson attack, on kyoani? That should have happened to GameFreak

One of the worst video game companies. Legitimately worse than companies like EA or Blizzard

>catch them all
>can't catch them all

Attached: 1564431892650.jpg (1000x900, 450K)

You say that but what would happen is that the game is the same and because the government is involved they tax that shit into 80usd.

That's literally what official competitions have done, VGC tournaments in the first year of a new gen are always limited to regional Pokedex only. Afterwards they tend to open it to the full National Dex and even sometimes allow box legends for some reason, but there's no reason they couldn't continue to impose a limited pool, especially since they run dozens of online mini competitions every year where you can only use certain eligible Pokemon.

Gamefreak doesn't bother balancing at all, so what's the fucking point. The same shitmons are still shitmons and the broken mons are still broken. Let people actually use their favorites at least. Doesn't matter if they're good or bad. Slowking has been the shitty version of Slowbro for over 15 years but I still love him and like using him competitively.

The baby game part is literally the single player and its predictable AI

>It is incredibly hard to balance a game with 900+ playable characters in it
That would be an argument if Gamefreak has ever once tried actually balancing the game.

So, instead of balancing the metagame, they decided to simply delete everything that isn't the metagame. God forbid me for using trash like Glaceon instead of glorious Ferrothorn like everyone else

>comparing a minigame to playable characters

And if I want to use a pokemon I've never used before in all it's gen 8 glory with new moves and updated stats, but it's not in the game?

Such as? They're already tearing into the graphics, and did so since day 1.

>muh meta
So why not just have a national dex league for competitive play, and let everyone else who are not autistic just play with the other pokes?

>isn't bad because it will change the meta
>playing online isn't the point of the games
A little contradictory m8.

>creatures that are central to gameplay
>not mattering
Gamefreak apolocels....

Why do people keep making this awful refute when this isn't the case in the slightlest?

What brings people to defend Japanese Bethesda like this to the point where they need to lie for them?

Attached: 1560641891491.png (1864x3168, 2.77M)

Thought Pokemon's main motto was...

"Gotta Catch Em all..."

There's absolutely no fucking logical reason to defend the removal of the national dex. I actually like replaying the games while using different shit every time. You can literally just transfer level 1 mons from a different game and have a more unique play through that way.

I'm comparing useless content to useless content. Neither add anything meaningful to the game.

If they're "central to gameplay" then why are they unusable for months after the game is out?

Whether it's good or cool or not is subjective. Content is content and you're a hypocrite.

Because they know Gen 5 is the best gen

>I actually like replaying the games while using different shit every time
If I can replay Red and use different Pokemon every time then I can replay a game with 400 Pokemon and use different Pokemon every time.

>unusable for months after the game is out
What is this meme? In addition, that fault likes with GF, which noone should be defending.

Ergo, it would be even better to do it with 800+ choices.

see

>game is all about catching pokemon
>the fucking tagline of the series is "GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL"
>doesn't let you catch all the pokemon
>the rest of the game looks like shit
>all it is good for now is for character designs for porn

Nope. I won't see quote.
Now we're moving on to what is considered cool content and what is shit content, and being fine with the removal of contest because you don't like it, while being mad that the Frontier/World Tournament isn't is because you do like it simply makes you a hypocrite.

>semantics
And """hypocrisy""" aside, you are still defending the removal of major content, shitposter.

Attached: 1559868113434.jpg.jpg (1920x2160, 866K)

I'll use a different example then

>Cool shit
Battle factory
PSS

>Your mom
Battle agency
Festival plaza

Here we have 4 different types of content.
Battle agency is basically the same as the battle factory, except worse. Both are different pieces of content, however, there's no reason for the battle agency to exist instead of the battle factory. This, isn't a subjective opinion, it's a cold hard fact. This is the kind of shit that nugamefreak does, worthless "content" that only serves to shill their newest games.

Same shit with PSS and festival plaza. The plaza is worthless content that only shills defended

Haha, hey guys, remember that one Mega Absol anons' story?

haha

haha

ha

yeah, fuck Game Freak

>Ergo, it would be even better to do it with 800+ choices.
Not really.

>Haha, hey guys, remember that one Mega Absol anons' story?
I don't. Post it.

Attached: Absol story.jpg (800x840, 103K)

It is time to move on. It is time to separate yourself from your childhood Pokemon. Just grow up and move on

>It is time to move on. It is time to separate yourself from Pokemon. Just grow up and move on

fixed

Oh. I heard mega absol and thought it was going to be porn.

>it will change the meta
>ferrothorn and tozapex are confirmed in

>Grow up to see your favorite mons only getting sporadically implemented from time to time and that's if they're famous or even cared about compared to back then
>This will happen now with every mainline Pokemon game now
>All while they keep churning designs until it gets to a point the oldest picks get forgotten with time while popular picks and new rushed designs keep flooding in

Growing up sucks to be honest.

>childhood
Nigga, I want furfrou. Fell in love with being able to give my pokemon a haircut. Gamefreak is absolutely too lazy to port all that shit.

good post but nigga i aint readin all that shit

Just play your older pokemon games if really wanna play with your older pokemon

Attached: 143742753876554.jpg (337x317, 46K)

>it won't change the meta
>landorus, greninja, magearna, all the tapu, and all the UBs are out

>how dare GF keep in elements that all other previous games had
Drones gonna drone.

>how dare GF cut unimportant elements to focus on more important elements
Dexcucks gonna dexcuck.

>focus on more important elements
That might be an argument if they were actually, you know, doing that. It's cut corners everywhere from what I've seen. Can you show me some examples of where they've spent the extra development time?

>That might be an argument if they were actually, you know, doing that.
If they weren't they would have included all the Pokemon and avoided the backlash in the first place.

>playable characters
>unimportant

I asked you a simple question. Can you show me some examples of where they've spent the extra development time?

1900 peak here
I think the removal wil be good

oh noooo some nigger cant transfer over some pokemon they spent 2000 hours breeding to top tier specifications while playing gen 3 and he has transferred it across every game since! oh nooooooooooo whatever will i doooooooo

>removing content is a good thing

Okay shill

Wait, I'm confused. People can still do that. Just with slightly fewer pokemon. If that's your complaint, wouldn't it have made more sense to change how transferring works instead of just arbitrarily remove some pokemon?

look nigger i quit playing in gen 4, and considered picking up sword or shield
if im gonna play i want to be on the same playing field as everyone else, not some nigger who transferred literally anything relevant since the beginning. do you realize how much of a turn off that is for anyone trying to get into the game?

No, because only incels worry about having to fight someone who transferred pokemon in a game with most of it's content being in single player and if you ever battle them the level limit will be set to 50.

What the FUCK are you scared of in a pokemon game? A "turn off", holy shit that really is a new one. Since it could be done before, how come noone else was ever turned off from playing?

>I asked you a simple question. Can you show me some examples of where they've spent the extra development time?
Everything that exists in the game.

>characters that aren't available unless you transfer from a paid app months after the game releases
>important

Cool circular logic, user. Thanks. You were a pleasure to debate with and sure showed me that it's time well spent discussing this with you people.

>Toxapex
I fucking love toxapex get the fuck out

What do you think the development team did with the extra time they had not having to retexture and add animations for every other Pokemon, user? Twiddling their thumbs? I'm honestly curious.

Okay verlisify

What makes Landorus so great? His max speed of 309 means you're force to equip a choice scarf and he's easily destoryed with any ice attack.

They can. Look at pic related. The XIV community demonizes any game with a cash shop focus while retaining one of the biggest cash shops in a Subscription Based game.

Attached: 1565683572441.jpg (9999x3216, 3.72M)

>What makes Landorus so great?
>intimidate
>u-turn
>145 base attack
>good typing
>fuckhuge movepool which means it can be anything you want it to be

Yes, because the game centers around them.

Creatures Inc handles animations.

He's one of the best pivots in the meta, and probably the reason why regional restrictions were put in place. If he was against a Pokemon that can check/counter him, he can just U-Turn and bring out another Pokemon to check your counterplay, especially if it's a Scarf variation. He's also very versatile. Does he have a Z-Crystal? Is he equipped with an Assault Vest? Is it a Scarf Landorus? Who knows! You'll have to check, but U-Turn makes it incredibly annoying to figure out, and remember, every time he's brought onto the field, your Pokemon has their Attack lowered

>thing that can't be used until transferring it from a paid separate app months after the game release
>""""centers around them""""

So? They're still employees who have to spend time working on the game.

That's what I'm asking you. Can you show me some of those new, high quality animations and textures? It's all recycled and more barebones than the GBA games.

Switch is already softmodded, so you're delusional if you think people won't be modifying saves and Pokemon.

Enjoy grinding though.

Definitely wasn’t put into the engine, the game still runs like dog shit

What are you talking about? They have all of that shit. They've been using the same models since X/Y with downscaled textures, and I'm sure they have those original textures unless they're complete retards.

They haven't made shit. Everything is the same. You're buying into shitty excuses.

>That's what I'm asking you.
No, because you're the one who's trying to imply that they could have put in the pokedex for free.

>They've been using the same models since X/Y with downscaled textures
Wrong.

Attached: minccino.png (793x447, 281K)

>basically looks the same but with slightly better textures
What are you trying to prove

Holy shit, have you never debated anything before? Nice job shifting the burden of proof. You can't prove a negative, numbnuts. My entire point is that Gamefreak is one of laziest developers in existence and are cutting the pokemon without improving in other areas like their excuses say. The fact that you are completely refusing to show any of these nonexistent improvements speaks volumes. Gamefreak is the one that claims the resources saved from cutting pokemon improves the game in other respects. Where? How? What? Show me one fucking thing that has improved.

>i just want to play a game with my favorite mons
You do realize that nearly every cross-gen transfer mechanic was placed after the main story since gen 4, right? This decision has no impact on a normal playthrough, unless you went through the trouble of transferring your pokemon to another person's game after they had beaten it and then traded them to your new game all so you could use the same 6 pokemon that you used in the last game.

>better textures
Not even, it's just different shading. The actual model and texture show's not one change improvement.

I literally could not even tell you which is from which game. Is one of those supposed to be from the new game?

Not him, but it's pretty fucking clear they're at least redoing the textures here.
I don't think it excuses this bullshit, but still, you're kinda dumb.

>Pokestars studio
You take that back

So are they better or the same? You can't have both.

>Not even, it's just different shading.
Yes user, I'm sure the shading magically changed the shape of Minccino's eyes.

You're implying that they're redoing them and didn't just have the original, higher-resolution textures available already.

>Nice job shifting the burden of proof
I'm not shifting anything. You're the one claiming that adding the Pokedex is a free action. Can you prove that it's a free action? If it isn't free then then they spent that development time with everything else you see in the game.

>and are cutting the pokemon without improving in other areas
Says who? The graphics in general are clearly better.

Attached: ssrhyperior.png (1767x743, 1.2M)

>Changing a model so slightly that people can't even notice it on a side by side comparison takes so much work that they have to cut half the content

The funniest part about all this shit is this is literally the least of the games issues but of course THIS is the thing Pokefags choose to get upset about Lmfao I swear there is no community on this earth that is more pathetic than the pokemon community. If we could thanos snap all of them out of existence the world would be a much better place.

>and didn't just have the original, higher-resolution textures available already.
They didn't. Why the fuck would you think that they magically did double the amount of work doing textures they wouldn't even need for a game that isn't releasing until 6 years after XY? Go and Masters both also use the shitty 3DS textures. These textures are completely new.

Well whatever the case may be, the fact is is that they're clearly different.

Hey, it's not our fault you're clinically blind user.

>Creators originally lamented the fact that the GBC couldn't handle 1000+ monsters in the same game
>Creators apologized profusely for the fact that the third generation forced you to abandon your friends in the first two.
>Despite possessing the technology and ability to avoid these fault, they manage to swiftly step on those principles
I don't know, It all just bizarre to me. The fact that people support these kinds of decisions just makes me even more vexed.

Attached: 15247578.jpg (300x300, 19K)

>You're the one claiming that adding the Pokedex is a free action.
I never once said that. Why do you keep arguing against a point I never made? You are the one saying that they cut pokemon to focus on other areas. Again, what other areas? Or are you just saying that they cut pokemon because they couldn't afford it? That's the most bullshit argument in the world. Pokemon is the single largest entertainment franchise on earth. You think they could affor to, you know, put the pokemon in it.

Do you just expect them to keep wasting time constantly having to update models and animations as the monster count goes into the thousands?

Do we even know who's excluded in specific? Does anyone care?
Did (You)r favourite get removed? How will you cope? Do you care?

I'd be mortified if Heracross got knocked off the roster but, like, with a literal thousand pokemon, I think I'll just get over it.
If you want retard-levels of collectathons then just go play gachas. They're made for people who obsess over having a literal thousand pokemon, of which they use six actively. Less than one percent; even if I halve the roster generously to accommodate for the likes of Corsola, who everyone loves to devotedly pick up in every game and Luvdisc, who also gets devoted pickup, and all the stage 1s and 2s of 3-stage evolutions. That's still 6 out of 500 which is still just 1.2%. Fantastic.

Nobody wants to do up 1000 models on the offchance that more than like 200 will see regular use anyway in the course of the game.

>one piece profile pic
>pokemons

There is no reason to defend the national dex removal with 'fixing the meta' when you leave in the most OP Pokemon in the roster at the same time. I'm NOT buying Sword or Shield, which is sad because it could have been good. Sun/Moon could have been better. X/Y could have been better. I'm not falling for the same mistake three times in a row.

>I never once said that
Yes you are, because you're arguing that they didn't focus on anything else by cutting the dex. If they DIDN'T focus on anything else then what did they do, user? Cut the pokedex for no reason and give the game a bunch of backlash to shoot themselves in the foot?

>when you leave in the most OP Pokemon in the roster at the same time
I don't see any Tapu, genies, or UBs in the game user.

Yes because they haven't updated any model or animation since XY. Just port them over, like pay some code monkeys 5 yen for each pokemon animation they port and it could be done in a day with a team of 2 monkeys.

>Do you just expect them to do their jobs even when it gets hard?

They are a pocket monster creating company so I don't think its too much to ask for them to put some effort into their product.

>Yes because they haven't updated any model or animation since XY.
They already updated the animations in SM, the models in LGPE, and the models AGAIN in SS.

>wtf why don't developers just spend money to keep hiring more employees to implement this unimportant feature?

>Competitive Pokemon
>Smogon rules

Ahahahahahaha

>effort = wasting time updating thousands of things that don't matter to 99% of the people playing the game as the monster count keeps infinitely growing

lol

They should have thought about that before they became the "100 new monsters every year" company. Quality beats quantity every time.

Man I thought the left picture was OoT at first.

Generally when you model shit you make good textures and downscale to what you need. They had these high-poly futureproofed textures so naturally you'd think they'd have better textures too.

If they have to make new textures then that's entirely because of their incompetence.

Who the fuck actually did all this shit when hacking is so much easier?

>retards who think this will somehow lead to no more hacked Pokemon despite Switch softmodding being a thing
>retards who think it'll lead to a more versatile meta as if it won't just focus around a smaller subset of Pokemon
>retards who think it'll give their shinies value as if the influx of Pokemon Go shinies won't completely destroy that
I swear to god only absolute shills and Game Freak apologists think the culling will actually be beneficial for the series.

Attached: 1532632114790.jpg (453x439, 85K)

Attached: i_am_silly.png (810x800, 66K)

Already debunked on /vp/.

Are they doing transfers from fucking pokemon go now? What the actual fuck?

Yes? Highest grossing franchise.

>making minor updates to a handful of pokemon means they can cut entire parts of the pokedex

Not right away, but when Home releases you'll be able to plop Go Pokemon into the main series titles.

Attached: dims.jpg (1532x888, 154K)

This is the biggest franchise in history, i'm sure they could afford some programmers to make 3-4 animations for each Pokemon over a week or two.
They already have the models, actually messing with them is much simpler.

Anyone else worried they might add batches of Pokemon as paid DLC? I mean it's pretty easy for them to put in more monsters post-launch and have people pay for it, it's what all companies do nowadays don't really see what's stopping them.

the game is gonna be full of people with hacked mons like every other pokemon game with online play anyway lol

Well they did that with Mew technically, so I don't see why not.

literally the same exact model in a new lighting engine

I don't even play competitive, I just want to catch them all. Now I can't catch them all. Why do you defend this?

Attached: y-tho.jpg (680x792, 75K)

>paid dlc
silly user, the next pokemon are in another $60+tip game.

i wanted to play online at some point but never had the internet to do so

Remove legendaries from competitive play, there ya go, you've removed 75% of the problem

Attached: 1566259061147.jpg (444x285, 53K)

I'd argue against this but I don't have the screencap from /vp/ about how Game Freak's programming literally prevents them from extending the available Pokemon, meaning if they were to make DLC Pokemon their code would have to be in the game to begin with. Which begs the question of why the fuck couldn't you transfer them from the get-go? There's the thing with Mew in Let's Go but ultimately Mew's code already exists in those games, you aren't downloading anything new to retrieve it.

>transfered pokemons are usually only used in online fights
Battle Spot only accepts Pokémon with the proper generation symbol and rotates its own Dex restrictions anyway
Such a bad strawman to defend not letting people play even the main game with their bros.

reminder that the more money a company makes the lazier they'll get and the more fervently they'll try to cut corners to maximize profits

Attached: 1528839521288.png (633x758, 34K)

Sour grapes

Attached: you-are-a-fggt.jpg (500x375, 35K)

we are not trying to make vinegar here

>that level of mental gymnastics
Gamefreak shills are literally mentally ill

No. Game Freak doesn’t have time off they need to start development of the next game instantly after the first. In fact there pulling double duty with there original game and there doing two generations a console now so rewriting the battle engine is extremely important. Plus any remakes and rereleases

No one thinks it's going to fix the meta retard. But what it will do is make it more original. Imagine a meta that isn't dominated by tapus and ultra beasts.

>constantly having to update models
There are no updates. They literally just have to port them over as they've been doing since XY. They sacrificed XY's quality, the 3DS games' performance, and put themselves permanently behind schedule to create these futureproofed models, only to dispose of them when it counts. They have to be the least competent AAA studio in the industry.

Attached: 1511722089821.png (1101x917, 489K)

Yes that's called the ORAS meta and it was just as stale. How the fuck can it be more original by giving you the same old options, but less of them?

the ones not blacked are the unconfirmed mons

Attached: 2d3e090181154b0fd4da124ca0e9b0f1e7146cff_hq.jpg (1024x768, 354K)

Not him but Arcanine saw a surge in use in doubles when its competition disappeared.

It's retarded and is the primary reason I will not be purchasing a switch or the new pokemon game.
If people don't mind, good on them. But they're basically just making an excuse to get people to use pokebank because it's absolutely worthless right now. But they'll slowly cut off support for the 3DS games like they did the DS ones (though that was less than slow) and tell you to pay up or you lose your pokemon forever, since you can't just hotswap them now.

>forgetting that every gen GF feels compelled to reveal something new and cancerous just for the initial "wow" factor

darkblue is a cunt

Attached: 1561381441005.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

Wowee everyone using an Arcanine how fucking original.

>All the children who will play their first pokemon game, discover the bromon, and have their souls crushed when the next game doesn't let them transfer the mon

Attached: 1520044356465.jpg (710x508, 360K)

>and downscale to what you need
But these new textures aren't upscaled versions of the 3DS textures. They're completely new. The 3DS textures have THICKER lines. You don't create THICKER lines by DOWNSCALING the textures.

>If they have to make new textures then that's entirely because of their incompetence.
No, incompetence would be wasting time making a bunch of textures they didn't need before they would need them.

>already debunked on this board full of armchair programmers who have no idea what they're talking about
lol

Attached: sspikachu.png (627x318, 294K)

They're the "highest grossing franchise" because they're efficient with their game development instead of wasting resources on unimportant features, Making money off of merch doesn't equate to more funding for games you retard.

>new lighting magically changes the eye shape
Another retard, I see.

>There are no updates.
There clearly are. Otherwise the models would look the same as the 3DS ones. But they don't.

>Says who? The graphics in general are clearly better.
That's a filter, you fucking moron. Have never installed an enb before?

>a filter magically made certain parts of different pokemon arbitrarily different bro!

Imagine being so fucking autistic you have to use the 6 six Pokemon every single game

You can't retrieve your Pokemon from the previous games until after you've beaten the main game. This strawman of "YOU JUST WANT TO STEAMROLL THE CAMPAIGN WITH THE SAME LEVEL 100 POKEMON YOU'VE HAD FOR YEARS GROW UP" is perpetuated entirely by people who don't play the games.

Attached: 1526957981824.jpg (600x600, 76K)

>You can't retrieve your Pokemon from the previous games until after you've beaten the main game.
Literally only in gen 4 and 5.

As long as ditto is in you're fucked.

>magically changes the eye shape
>slight (and I do mean slight) variations in eye shape must have entailed making an entirely new model
The level of mental retardation on display here is honestly a sight to behold. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

The last time the Ultra Beasts dominated VGC was in 2017, m8.

Did you even watch Sunday's games? The only UB in the finals was fucking Stakataka. And the champion didn't even play it.

>>slight (and I do mean slight) variations in eye shape must have entailed making an entirely new model
That's not what I said. Nice goalpost moving.

Your max level pokemon won't obey you until you've progressed far enough into the game where you have all the badges and have thus completed the bulk of the single player content. I haven't played pokemon since gen 1, yet even I know this shit.

Who are these water heads and why do they continue to come up with such lame arguments in favour of corporate laziness? Are they trying to be ironic?

It's what you've continually implied throughout this thread, you fucking weasel. Your entire argument rests on the fact that they're using their time to create new models. If they're not creating entirely new models, and are instead simply tweaking old ones as you now seem to be accepting, then what's the excuse for all the removed features?

>weasel. Your entire argument rests on the fact that they're using their time to create new models.
They technically are. If they were the same models they would look the same as the 3DS ones. But they don't. Even if I edit an old sprite it's still making a new sprite.

No it isn't, you absolute mongoloid. Editing is not the same thing as creating. Why on earth do you need such basic concepts spelled out for you? This is pathetic.

thats the partner pikachu model from lets go peepee.

>Editing is not the same thing as creating
Yes it is. You can create a new sprite by editing an old sprite. If it were the same sprite then the edited sprite would look the same as the old one. Why on earth do you need such basic concepts spelled out for you? This is pathetic.

>th-they're the same models!

loving every laugh

Attached: sssawk.png (1003x461, 395K)

The eye is a texture not part of the wireframe

>Your max level pokemon won't obey you
Only part of the time. You can still absolutely cheese the game with an overleveled Pokemon.

Those are the exact same models

>You can create a new sprite by editing an old sprite.
No, you've simply edited a sprite at that point. You haven't "created" new one, you fucking idiot. At any rate, if all they're doing is editing as you now admit, then why do they need to prune so many features? Your argument is fucking garbage.

NOOOOOOOO DELET THIS GAME FREAK IS LAZY BECAUSE I SAY SO

I NEED MY POKEDEX

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

those are absolutely the same models you brainlet, the only difference is resolution and textures

You can "absolutely cheese" any singleplayer pokemon game because they're designed for children ages 5 and up, you sad fuck. This is yet another garbage argument on your part.

>a single added indentation across its face means it's a new model

Attached: soy 4.png (434x524, 244K)

are you suggesting that is not? it clearly is

>those are absolutely the same models you brainlet
>the only difference is textures

so they're not the same models?

>competitive pokemon
retarded
and considering the absolute state of animations in the game anyways, I don't think it would be too much trouble to make all of them 3D

>You can "absolutely cheese" any singleplayer pokemon game because they're designed for children ages 5 and up
lol

Attached: 1511169229653.png (400x3120, 1.16M)

>models and textures are the same thing
You are legitimately low IQ.

It will probably just be the unpopular mons like Seel.

I'm sorry, what do you think this proves? That you can lose a Pokemon battle if you try hard enough? I never said you couldn't.

>remove those Pokemon from the code
Ha. Every single Pokémon's data up to Magearna was in the code for LGPE despite being unoptainable, same with key items from gen III still being unused even up to gen V. They'll still be in, just not available.

USUM is harder than the vast majority of Pokemon games. It's still not that hard.

I would be 100% okay with this decision if it wasn't abundantly clear that they're just being lazy cunts.
If it was saving room to add in lots of extra new content to make the game worth buying, then I'd be in support of it. Having games becoming meta "seasons" sounds like fun.

These are the people who are impressed by wow's 900th griffon reskin.

Kinda worried about Pidgey not being in actually, because I can't see where they'd put them and have them fit in with the setting.

>colors and sprites aren't the same thing so therefore sprites don't contain colors
>cars and engines aren't the same thing so therefore cars don't contain engines
>pizza and cheese aren't the same thing therefore pizza doesn't have cheese
You are legitimately low IQ.

holy fucking shit dude

unlimited copeworks

Wasn't there literally some top Showdown player that was using Crabominable in a Trick Room team? I heard about something like that happening but I haven't seen any replays nor seen the team comp, but I have seen and used Crabominable and that thing tanks hits and hits like a fucking bullet train. Especially with Fighting/Ice STAB and a unique move of Ice Hammer that both lowers speed and has 100 Base Power.

Attached: __ringo_and_seiran_touhou_drawn_by_furukawa_yomawari__217b33af8b56ceaef7786f42b4c5ef05.jpg (982x1433, 418K)

If I take Mario's sprite and turn it black and white, it's the same sprite. It's just a different color.
If I replace the engine of a car, it's the same car, it just has a new engine.
If I take the cheese off a pizza, it's the same pizza. It just has no cheese anymore.
If I change the textures on a model, it's the SAME FUCKING MODEL.

Attached: 1521470515999.jpg (403x294, 9K)

>Pokemon of Theseus argument

Firstly, I love that it took you six whole minutes to type out this asinine comment. Secondly, nobody is suggesting that models don't use or "contain" textures. You originally stated that models and textures are the same thing, which is beyond stupid. You come across as someone with real learning difficulties, as others in this thread have already pointed out. Please either have a mentally capable adult read over your posts before you reply to me again or leave this website. It's not for you.

>meta's dependent on what cancer or centralising mon gets in from prior gens
>not to mention what new mons could also break the scene in two
>removing a counter just means another mon just reigns supreme in the meta over another, and then gets overused to hell, killing new ideas
The absolute state
It's probably just going to be incomplete data without any models like LGPE or pre bank gen 7, I just feel it.

Attached: 1565187291485.jpg (960x720, 55K)

>saving a huge, intricate image as a jpeg
Look at this man and laugh

It'll be coded the same way all the Pokemon were coded in LGPE. They were technically in the game, typing, BST, moves and all, but they had no animations nor models.
twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1141404511883472896

Looks like GF already Thanos-snapped half the dex away, might as well snap half the fans

>"which is definitely not the main point of a Pokemon game."

Isn't the main point of a Pokemon game to collect them all?

>noooo stop criticizing my game, masuda save meee!

>Anyone else worried they might add batches of Pokemon as paid DLC?
Fucking GF never does DLC, otherwise why sell their third versions?

>post screencaps of a drooling retard playing and call it hard
What's next, posting Game Grumps to post how Ocarina of Time is hellishly hard?

>a unique move of Ice Hammer that both lowers speed and has 100 Base Power
Doesn't it lower YOUR speed?

Not everyone play or cares about the meta. Many just want to go on an adventure with their favorite mons with some new ones too

which is why it’s weird that they don’t do what they’ve already done in the past and just not allow certain pokemon in online. Usually it was legendaries but I’d say the shit storm would occur when someone beats the game, transfer poke, and then finds out they can’t use it in a battle

Yeah that's what I meant, and lowering your own speed on command is good in trick room teams.

Never play any other RPG ever made.

Oh right, Trick Room, I missed that part.

Yeah I would assume that's the reason. They are trying to push the new mons and at this point nobody cares about actually using the new mons because the old ones fill every niche imaginable; just look at the reaction to Su/Mo pokemon "too slow what's the point" for everything but ultra beasts.

>If I take Mario's sprite and turn it black and white, it's the same sprite.
Actually it isn't.

Is it not still GF's fault if they make billions but refuse to put more towards their own game development? It's not the devs' faults that they're repeatedly rushed and told where to cut corners, but that sure as fuck doesn't make it not GF's fault as a whole.
Congrats on your incredibly believable shitpost btw. Save my response for next time you see a real GF sympathizer say what you said

See if that argument holds up in court, friend.

>too slow what's the point
I'm still annoyed about Vikavolt

>this thing that's clearly different is the same because I say so!
See if that argument holds up in court, friend.

Not for all Pokémon, or even most, and forgetting the fact that games before models had hundreds of sprites remade each gen.

>Otherwise the models would look the same as the 3DS ones. But they don't

Attached: 1563234563300.jpg (2382x1324, 349K)

>only the popular pokemon
>garbage pokemon is
>ice cream pokemon is
>conkelldurr is in
>toxapex is in

I like those 4 mons but they are nearly universally hated

It's even in the same fucking pose.

>changing the meta
hes fucking retarded, pokemon only found in the regional dex have been allowed in comp, removing the others means jack shit

oh nonono

Or just trade an egg of your favorite Mudkip

YOU MADE PAPA MASUDA... CLAP... BACK!

sneed

Not just that but traded Pokemon start to ignore your commands if their level is too high depending on what badges you have. It's been like that since Red and Blue. The steamrolling argument never made sense.

>You can "beat the Cuphead tutorial in less than two and a half minutes"
lol

Attached: one person being unable to do something doesn't mean everyone can't you retard.png (1461x790, 785K)

Best change in the new game

Remove the bloat and the endless tide of literal whos

And 6 because Bank wasn't out yet. And the old methods of transferring Pokémon after the main game could have been kept if not for Game Freak wanting that sweet subscription fee off of a game that should have been held on system memory instead of a server to begin with.

I love how shills and fanboys always ignore those images.

>serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
ngl, the dex is pretty fucked based so far

>You can "absolutely cheese" any singleplayer pokemon game
Not as easily as just transferring your old team.