What does Yea Forums think of mobile games? Hate them? Love them...

What does Yea Forums think of mobile games? Hate them? Love them? They're continuing to grow in popularity so I don't see them going away anytime soon either way.

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x957, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=040slUxs5yQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I enjoyed playing jetpack joyride for a while, but nothing else has ever caught my attention.
I've got a sudoku game that I play when I'm taking a shit.

Don't care

Gib gud and fun mobile game thats either new or new player friendly bls

i only have sudoku on my phone
used to have a picross app for several years and got bored
i don't even use my phone that much, i just keep a bunch of firefox tabs open for stuff i wanna look at later

mobile games fall into two catagories:

1) games for when you are bored as fuck and sitting around doing nothing (IE flappy bird, doodle jump, crossy road) which are easy to make and I think are a great idea overall

2) Actual, high quality games. These are pretty difficult to get right because most of them have some sort of P2W aspect, which kinda sucks but if they're F2P then I don't really mind it too much (IE: Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, etc...).

That being said the 2nd catagory has birthed masterpieces like Infinity Blade 1-3, and a new favorite of mine Raid: Shadow Legends. There's a lot of "rough" in the mobile market but there are some quality games in there.

Attached: Raid_ Shadow Legends.jpg (600x800, 177K)

>actually shilling raid

Only 2 mobile games that ever had me play them for more than an hour were Jetpack Joyride and Tap Titans 1 and 2.

Jetpack Joyride is an incredibly well polished game with no gimmick tacked on for sales. It's a standard endless arcade game but eh I liked it a bunch.

Tap Titans caught my attention for being an idle game that has "multiplayer" and unique builds and talents to do, instead of being a "click to do more" like Cookie Clickers style. I started TT about halfway through it's lifespan and when TT2 came out, I jumped on that one instead as it is far more polished and built upon the multiplayer tournaments and equipment systems.
All in all, you can get pretty far even without paying, as gems have a hilariously low p2w ratio. I'm sitting on about 8K gems, which is like 50 bucks, and I never spent a penny. You get em like candy and they give like 200 out every maintenance.
tldr I like it.

Can be fun for turn based and choose your own adventure games like XCOM and FTL and Sorcery but otherwise it suffers from crappy controls since touchscreen sucks and also from horrible business practices ranging from microtransactions to full on pulling games from the app stores due to recent software updates.

For example on Apples App Store they removed Sid Meier’s Pirates and XCOM: Enemy Within because of the ios 11 update and people who bought those games can’t even play them anymore.

I loved Jetpack Joyride because it was essentially Helicopter, which I played a bunch of ages ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=040slUxs5yQ

Attached: helicopter flash game.png (795x593, 18K)

its not bad, sure it has a minor amount of Israel jewish money grabbing tricks but its not as bad as the Chinese games in the same archetype. The graphical style is really nice too.

They're pretty nice desu

Attached: 3ogas76bsdh31.jpg (640x1316, 196K)

They're nice if they're actually made to play in small bursts or are something that normally sort of plays itself.
Too many love grindy shit events and stuff that require you playing a ton.

>First mobile game I liked shut down after five long years
>Second one randomly locked me out of my account for no reason, lost all sorts of exclusives as a result
>Third game closed a year after I started, but can still be opened and played in a sandbox mode with everything unlocked and maxed out
>Fourth game lasted two years after I started, but is the same as above
>Fifth game closed down after 3 years, but is coming back soon(tm) as a little cute garden simulator, and I'm totally fine with it
>Sixth game is still active, but I've stopped playing frequently
>Last game just doesn't load anymore on my device. It just plain out crashes on startup no matter what
>A few others I tried lost their luster real fast because RNG was on my side and I kept getting the best stuff right away

I want to enjoy mobile games, but they always die when I finally get to endgame or become boring at endgame. Only one I still play, though sporadic, is Alien Egg. If not for that and Cat Busters coming back later on, I would probably go back to a cheap flip phone.

mobile games are dramatically better when you get a larger phone. I had a regular iphone 8 and I hated mobile games because the screen was so small. Now that I've upgraded to the 8+ the bigger screen lets me enjoy mobile games a lot more.

Kemco and only kemco

A game by this name, or a bunch of games by the company Kemco?

Then in a few months you'll hate that one, but not to worry, they will have released the next product by then.

The company, specifically hitpoint

I've had my new phone for a while now and I still can notice how much easier it is to watch videos and play games on the larger screen. I'll always shoot for the larger screen size on future phones after having this one.

Aren't they like 50% of the video game market these days or some crazy shit