The ultimate Bioshock redpill is realizing that Infinite is more aware of it's drastic changes than it let's on

The ultimate Bioshock redpill is realizing that Infinite is more aware of it's drastic changes than it let's on.
People don't like the lack of hacking, the overhaul of the combat, the two guns, but it was all a deliberate choice to force the player to compare infinite to the originals. Constants and variables. Plasmids are a constant. Hacking is a variable. Audio logs are a constant. the weapon wheel is a variable. It's brilliantly meta.

I used to hate infinite for these reasons before my most recent playthrough. I now fully realize the brilliance of a decision like this.

Does it excuse the faults? Not really, but I at least take solace in the fact that these decisions were deliberate and we're put in place to compliment the instalment rather than dumb it down for the 2013 fps crowd. It makes me confident that whatever the next Bioshock is will be more of a return to form.

/Shillpost
You can call me an idiot now for liking a thing you don't like.

Attached: thumb_136771_community_max.jpg (400x450, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9F1l6xXLSI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what you’re saying is that I can make a shitty game but it will be lauded by you as long as I make the game about a literal piece of poop because of the meta consistency?

every bioshock game is terrible. every immersive sim is terrible. every game that takes any inspiration from system shock is terrible, because system shock is terrible. it's a boring and garbage genre.

It has murder of crows which is the best spell-based ability ever and thats all I need

(you) here's your dopamine now fuck off

Based

I love watching anglos form self help groups around me

It's not fun the way it is. Bioshock 1 and 2 have a huge arsenal to experiment with not just 2 weapons and plasmids you get in a linear fashion.

A lot of people on Yea Forums never really understood Infinite. That's not a knock on the game, some people are just dumb.

It's ironic because the plot is honestly easier to follow than Bioshock 1

>let's
Stopped reading right there.

You mean like how Levine completely understood it? Oh wait... he didn't and is a complete hack whenever it comes to writing.

Attached: faae92_5457195.jpg (950x820, 196K)

Bioshock Infinite is the most based game of all time.
>Christian white man gets the American government to fund his perfect utopia
>nogs, NEETS, and poorfags banned
>bombs the shit out of Asian commies
>becomes an independent nation in the sky
>nogs gain power over Columbia and immediately turn into violent animals
>the only danger to this utopia is some violent libtard

Attached: 90A2BC6B-7A88-4B42-AC0F-5B1A5F622881.jpg (800x1200, 231K)

>/Shitpost
FTFY

it's been 6 years, yet i'm still pissed i played that utter piece of shit

what a fucking legend that spergburglar

The playerbase of Infinite is divided into two: People who know shit, and people who know jack shit.
Those who know shit, which some might consider as smart, played the game and saw its fallacies. They saw that the game used quantum mechanics as an excuse for magic. They were able to recognize it being full of shit like shown in . They were able to look at this pseudo-science from a point of knowledge and call it out for being trash.
Those who know jack shit may recognize a term popularized in mainstream media, or Schrödinger's hypothetical cat (which they think was a real cat). Much like Levine, quantum mechanics is above their paygrade. So encountering those concepts in the game makes them think the game is super smart. They fail to spot where it falls flat. It's when they are introduced to fiction-tier disguised as scientific material, and they manage to comprehend the plot's direction, that they think they're some big shit. "If I can grasp the concept of quantum-mechanics-based parallel universes as well as I did, I must be a genius!"
And so, those who know jack shit think that the game is incredible and smart and that they're smart for playing through it, and they think anyone who didn't like it must be too dumb to "understand" it. Coincidentally, those who know shit think the game is mediocre at best with shitty writing, and they don't like it. Not because they didn't understand it, but because they understood it too well.

Attached: 1529698217797.png (640x971, 755K)

Oh wow, it was deliberatly shit, great. You write like a pseud intellectual, fuck off Ken Levine, it was a dumbed down game, on every single aspect compared to Bioshock 1 & 2, there is no brillance about that, the development was as shitshow and at this point it became a completly different game halfway through development. I honestly don't get what your point even is

Gameplay aside, the setting was pretty neat.

Infinite makes a lot more sense and is much more enjoyable when you realize it has its own multiple universe rules. Things only get confusing when you try to apply the plot to what we irl know about parallel universes

What if I enjoy it despite it's faults?

>Sometimes things are the same but sometimes they are different.
What a brilliantly deep analysis you fucking donkey. Also nobody cares if the game is boring.

you hit the nail on the head

Yeah, just the setting and a few setpieces (the asylum/prison felt really lackluster, just like the various ennemies). But the story and character motivation was completly shit, you get no insight on Songbird or the Handyman. And dimension hopping was retarded, especially during the "fetch the weapons mission" were you hop dimension twice, what the fuck was Booker and Elizabeth thinking, that the deal would still be up ?

Yeah, rules that are fucking retarded and break themselves numerous times.

Really? Like when?

I just replayed it with a very critical eye and didn't really notice any plot holes

I prefer you to Butterfly.

It's a terrible game that you are doing mental gymnastics to defend.

this 1000%
game SUCKED
I played through the whole thing and was so mad about the fucking ending
Give me my 8 hours back Levine
2 gun nonsense

Really? Elizabeth pulling that lighthouse key out of her ass? infinite realities yet Booker only can have two outcomes? Drowning Booker kills Comstock because muh constants cop-out and creates a grandfather paradox. Elizabeth acts wayyyy to social for someone that's never had any interaction with the outside world. She never tries to escape the tower despite being fully able to by opening a portal. Bothering with the Vox niggers when they could just fly away. The biggest for me though is how one can go insane for being alive when they're dead in another which means shouldn't everyone be insane because they'd have a dead counterpart in another universe? Your critical eye means nothing when you're that blind.

>I just replayed it with a very critical eye and didn't really notice any plot holes

probably because you suffer from a slight form of mental retardation

then you're just simple to please. Nothing inherently wrong with that mind you.

I too watch matthewmatosis

i bet u watch asmongold too.

He's not wrong though.

>infinite realities yet Booker only can have two outcomes?
I don't disagree, but you need to realize that infinite follows it's own multiple worlds rules, which this makes complete sense in. There are (ironically) finite universes in the game, and coupled with the "constants and variables" concept, it makes complete sense that every single possible Booker in any existing reality either gets baptised in the moment or doesn't. Being at the baptism site that day is a constant, not a variable

I'm not really defending the game itself, I have a lot of problems with it, but this is one ill defend on the part of the writers.

>brilliantly
>brilliance

Stop using that word for things that aren't brilliant. What word will you use to describe something that truly has brilliance? I like Bioshock Infinite just fine, and I enjoyed my playthrough. But enough of this modern conceit of calling things 'incredible' or 'genius' or 'amazing' that simply are not. If anything Infinite dumbed down it's mechanics to appeal to a wider audience. I'm not saying that's bad neccesarily, but it isn't good either, and certainly isn't 'brilliant'.

Attached: 1p3.jpg (316x395, 47K)

Sorry buddy, Infinite is brilliant

>Hmm, how can we make this more like CoD so we can attract more sales?
That's the only deliberate decision they made when making this piece of shit.

I am getting a new pc and want to try bioshock. Whick one has the best gameplay?

Infinite's CoD-isms are thematically and gameplay-wise justified. You play a former soldier in just about the most American environment imaginable. Anyone complaining about the 2-weapon limit is a pseudo-intellectual ignoring the obvious point that the game is blatantly not being a sequel to Bioshock. Burial at Sea making its own mechanics more like Bio 1 should be proof enough.

2 but you need to play 1 first to appreciate it and fully understand the story

Never finished 2, but I guess mechanics-wise, it's better than the first. There are still some disagreements around about which of the first two is better. There are no arguments about Infinite being infinitely worse than the first two.
I'd recommend playing 1 and then 2, like said.

Infinite is DEFINITELY worse than the first two. There isn't a single soul that would disagree. However I personally think there is value to be had as long as you realize it's not meant to be a sequel, but instead be its own game with ties to the originals.

Infinite is definitely better than 2. 2 is straight fan-fiction and should have just been DLC.

youtu.be/9F1l6xXLSI0

The game kills it atmospherically at the very least

Attached: 1445754485097.jpg (645x773, 57K)

2 is the best of the three hands-down.

>Refined the gameplay of 1 instead of shitting on it with 2 weapon limit like Infinite
>Fixed the shitty pipe-dream hacking into a much faster one that doesn't take you out of the world
>Story doesn't go to shit after the climax

these useless tripfags should be permabanned

Agreed

1 had decent combat, but 2 refined it and has more variety. Just disregard anything after 2.

You can tell it was pieced together at the last .minute and rushed out the door. I'm sure in some alternate universe theres a version of that game that at least turned out, alright.
The story is still incredibly stupid, the themes are blunt, the gameplay is really basic. You walk through the game without having to put much thought into whatever you're doing.
Yoi basically just throw yourself at combat over and over, without much thought or consideration.
Games a fuckin mess. I respect 1 and 2, but I still don't think they're as great as the industry made them out to be.

>You can tell it was pieced together at the last
I don't know about that. People always say this but the story seems pretty similar to what Levine always said it would be like

What gave Comstock his visions of the future?

Was that ever explained?