What features do you want to see in open world harry potter game?

What features do you want to see in open world harry potter game?

Attached: 1453738022333.jpg (540x381, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/89YAaBzrVD8
youtube.com/watch?v=nAQBzjE-kvI
thehardtimes.net/harddrive/j-k-rowling-reveals-that-you-the-reader-were-gay-all-along/
thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/214251/harry-potter-hogwarts-mystery/
pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/mahoutokoro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want it to not be open world
The Harry Potter universe is basically only set in Hogwarts and London, what else would you need? Some English countryside with nothing do in it?

creampies

First step is to take J. K. Rowling away from the writing room.

You, the player, are gay.

in the right hands such fertile narrative grounds could be really fun and interesting

A complete disconnect from the movies/books.

An orgasm spell

Is there anything out there that is basically "Hogwarts but with sex"?

There's so much useless background stuff and lore in harry potter, they could make it Witcher-esque and I think it could do well

my immortal

i cannot imagine an open world harry potter game being fun

i mean, maybe if you're not a shithead wizard at hogwarts? maybe if you're running around hunting down evil shit? i don't know enough harry potter lore to give a fuck about this anyway because the MOVIES WERE FORGETTABLE

>this thread again

That will only ensure in reducing the number of characters turning gay, black, or trans.

You're a funny guy.

Surely open world in terms of Harry Potter would mean you can openly roam Hogwarts and it's surroundings. With the occasional trip to specific locations like the Ministry, parts of London and a Quidditch tournament.

Why didn't Harry read the first letter before showing it to his aunt and uncle? Why did Vernon try so hard to keep Harry at home when he hated his guts and wanted nothing to do with him?

Harry brought in the mail and didn't expect there to be a letter for him. He discovered it in front of his aunt and uncle, who noticed it.
Vernon knew about his responsibility of having Harry at home even if Harry went away for parts of the year and was fearing for his reputation in the neighborhood. He was scared people might notice he had a weirdo under his roof.

The Grindelwald movies had varied enough environment

Because he certainly didn't want the kid he treated like garbage to have powerful ways to get revenge on him. I always found the idea of muggles and wizards weird as shit though, like Petunia knew Lily was a witch but how many muggles would have ended up knowing a witch or wizard? How the hell could a society like that stay hidden? Muggle borns should have been immensely rare but there's a good amount of them and also a good amount of half bloods.

>Vernon knew about his responsibility of having Harry at home even if Harry went away for parts of the year and was fearing for his reputation in the neighborhood. He was scared people might notice he had a weirdo under his roof.
Plus he knew Harry was miserable as fuck all the time when he was with them, and he wanted to torture the kid

It's probably rare enough that claiming you've seen wizards will just get you branded as a weirdo like people who claim to have been abducted.

Some open world elements maybe, but more along the lines of Three Houses/Persona where it's more about day-to-day activities and affecting the story as opposed to just running around flinging spells with a day-night cycle. Harry Potter is a series that's more character-driven than carried by worldbuilding. Even if the original texts were bad at both, more people care about the competent if underutilized characters in the story than Rowling's god awful attempts at establishing lore.

>How the hell could a society like that stay hidden?
it's magic bro, they just wipe people's memory
also iirc the total population of wizards in all of the UK is supposed to be like 5000, in a country of 50+ million

The ability to join the Death Eaters, enacting and succeeding in worldwide M*ggle genocide.

>worldwide M*ggle genocide
Literally impossible, wizards are outnumbered by billions

A Witcher-style Ministry of Magic game where you spend time in Hogwarts as a tutorial then graduate to fighting dark wizards and beasts.

Pretty sure J.K. said something like a tenth of people are essentially wizards

I want good exploration and secrets
Let me use the tunnel from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade

>I always found the idea of muggles and wizards weird as shit though
I've only watched the movies but it's never specified if there's any actual difference in wizarding powers if one is born from muggles, or is a half-blood or whatever. Kinda makes Voldemort's blood purity argument moot when Hermione is shown to be a perfectly capable wizard. Is it expanded on the books? It just felt like a cheap "muh evil bad guy intent" in the movies.

Also holy fuck was the first movie always this fucking bad, goddamn.

>Pretty sure J.K. said something like a tenth of people are essentially wizards

Attached: 1388575992954.png (656x505, 332K)

You guys just want dating sim Persona Hogwarts, with creampies

there really is little difference. sometimes in wizard families kids can be born with no powers so that sucks balls. and if i recall some of the most important wizards (harry, Voldemort) are halfbloods.

Hermione was capable because she was a good student. It's possible that pure bloods have a higher ceiling than muggle-borns.

Or it's just like real life where there is no difference between black and white but people are racist anyway

>then graduate to fighting dark wizards and beasts
With the option to graduate into dark wizard and conquering the country.
That sounds mega stupid, where did you read that? There'd be no way for 5-6 million wizards to exist in secrecy, or do you mean 10% of the global population?

My bad. i looked it up, it's not a tenth it's that there are ten times more muggles than wizards so more like one eleventh.

>Muggle borns should have been immensely rare but there's a good amount of them and also a good amount of half bloods.

Apparently Muggleborns are descendants of Squibs (people without magic born to witches and wizards, like Filch and Figg) who chose to integrate into the Muggle community. There's no telling how many Squibs have actually done so because most wizarding families were all about blood purity and probably didn't even bother including their Squib relatives on the family tree.

>no way anyone would believe that there's a difference between people when there really isn't, just based on provenance and heritage
Bless you user.

How would you make going to class a fun/required thing?

Merula

It's all about racism, only instead of whites hating niggers it's pure wizards hating half bloods and non-magic people
Voldemort himself is half-blood and basically everything he became and everything he did was out of hatred for his muggle father

Where is the copypasta

"No!"

>My bad. i looked it up, it's not a tenth it's that there are ten times more muggles than wizards so more like one eleventh.

Attached: 1390254098290.jpg (460x461, 35K)

>you will never play going to magic school with Yea Forums again

Attached: 81zVtwjs3DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1362, 282K)

I'd want it to be exactly like Bully but with magic

das rite

Attached: 1531073508528.png (1917x987, 477K)

"Deh!"

Attached: EFatSoW.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Well it doesn't make any sense that if you "dilute" their DNA or whatever gives wizards their powers that they would stay the same. Maybe they'd eventually lose the power to do anything at all. Voldemort also did a lot of research pertaining to magic so he would probably know. I'm just giving Rowling the benefit of the doubt because if its true that it makes no difference, then Voldemort is literally just a fucking retard with a big stick essentially, which doesn't make for a compelling villian.

>Hermione was capable because she was a good student.

It's more than that. Most wizards in Britain are educated at home until they go to Hogwarts. Hermione's a Muggleborn who went to a Muggle school before she got her "you in nigga!" letter from Al Deezy. So she's already used to the routine of school, the homework, the schedules and whatnot.

And instead of Bullworth city you go to Hogsmeade? That would be great.

10% is pretty close - though a fair bit too low - to the number of people who had "experimented sexually" with same sex.

She needs to learn some actual wizard lore. "Experimenting" involves losing mana and thus your chance at wizardry.

Enchanted folk has a better name, magician's quest has better box art.

The ability to take a big fat shit anywhere anytime.

I mean Voldemort was also directly enabled over and over by Dumbledore. Albus saw a talented student with a hard past and gave him second chances repeatedly even though he did a lot of dodgy shit and basically gave off a constant "I'm a psychopathic asshole" vibe.

>Well it doesn't make any sense that if you "dilute" their DNA or whatever gives wizards their powers that they would stay the same.

One drop rule.

i want to play as the magical police and perform stop n searches for contraband

Attached: HarryPotterandtheInconvenientStatistics.png (489x598, 286K)

>Albus saw a talented student with a hard past and gave him second chances repeatedly even though he did a lot of dodgy shit and basically gave off a constant "I'm a psychopathic asshole" vibe.

Are you talking about Voldemort or Harry?

Well the idea itself is sound, not that there was a divide. I didn't finish my sentence, I meant the idea of a secret wizarding society that exists unknown to muggles.
This is also super fucking dumb because a group of ~5000 people did all kinds of shit in the lore like founded governments in countries before they existed and apparently European wizards had populated America circa 13th century iirc. Having such a small segment of the population that well organized would be ridiculous. This is a group of people who have segments of their population spread throughout the whole of the English continent with their own currency systems, shops that are only accessible by the wizarding population, and the international wizarding community has an international sports league that was founded several centuries ago that a large amount attends. You look at the QWC and Harry only sees a few other Hogwarts students there so it's not like it's an event that draws the majority of magic people. Eventually there would be a very high chance that over drinks in a pub two muggles who had a sibling with magic ability would meet in a pub and be like "oh shit, we should let people know". They tried to explain it but the Ministry should have actually had a wing dedicated to wiping memories, but I guess Rowling thought that might be mean, yet she constantly implies they are the thickest of sods.

Akabur's Witch Trainer, and the various mods that tried to make it not shit.

And iirc he expresses regret over that many times in book 6

>Well it doesn't make any sense that if you "dilute" their DNA or whatever gives wizards their powers that they would stay the same.
Learn some basic biology
Only traits governed by multiple genes can be "diluted" this way.

Silver edition is amazing.

>Having such a small segment of the population that well organized would be ridiculous.

If that minority didn't have access to FUKKEN MAGIC.

No, I think that's a George Lucas situation. I'm not crazy for the Fantastic Beasts movies either but if Rowling left someone else to write them, we'd miss her. I'm pretty sure of it.

Harry Potter themed Papers Please? Could be fun with the papers themselves being magical.

Nice!

The vast majority of wizards live either in or near London and most work at the ministry
Also like I said, it's magic bro, nothing is too dumb when you got magic

It's not just about racism, or bigotry or anything else. I mean, obviously that's a part of it, Rowling wasn't exactly super subtle about it.

But the heart of it always comes down to culture.

The "pure" bloodlines are all interbred and dying out, most Wizards these days are from Muggle families. Which means that the shared experience of being a Wizard and growing up in a Wizarding family is being lost. Muggleborn don't appreciate or know about Wizard traditions, events, festivals, meanings anything. They're literally immigrants into the Wizarding "world" and while they're not bad, malicious or even harmful, their overwhelming presence means that Wizarding culture is necessarily diluted.

It's just a bullshit justification Voldemort uses for his powerlust and to get more retarded snobs as followers.
Voldemort's claims about blood purity are moot due to the mere fact that he is one of the most powerful wizards in modern memory despite being a mudblood.

Its "magic" you stupid fuck. How am I supposed to learn about that? I only used DNA is a familiar analogy.

DUDE DUMBLEDORE IS GAY AND GRINDWALLDE IS A TRANNY ALSO WIZARDS SHAT EVERYWHERE IN HOGWARTS

I want to see admins on power-trips
youtu.be/89YAaBzrVD8

What determines wizarding power? Is it just your body attuning to the force of magic? What's the deal with studying; is it just to learn new spells? I get the sense that wizards who don't study particularly hard can still be on par with those who do.

Wouldn't that mainly apply to a place like England where there are like 4K wizards and a third being hogwarts students? In other wizarding cultures there are so many that the culture is likely keeping strong .

Attached: yE5UlMq.png (1248x533, 187K)

The GL situation is damned if you do damned if you don't. The originators of these mega-popular franchises have some creative verve that the average Hollywood doofus is not going to have. The key issue is that George's massive success made him difficult to collaborate with from a lot of perspectives, and art (especially movies) all requires some level of collaboration and constructive criticism. We might be seeing Rowling run into the same problems now especially with her super misguided transition away from writing fun YA fiction and toward writing dour, shitty blockbusters. She still needs to be involved in the series to avoid it getting homogenized into color-by-numbers corporate trash, but I'd rather she just got back to basics and crafted a narrative in prose that she could help transition into movies/games after the fact.

Ten times as may Muggles? Oh so you mean a 1:10 ratio of Wizards to Muggles? Thats 10x, dumbass. Also known as a tenth.

Muggleborns are never shown not appreciating Wizard culture, aside from Harry not knowing shit because he is an audience surrogate. Fuck, I'm pretty sure Hermione knows more about Wizard culture than Ron who is a pureblood.
We are not even shown any muggleborn trying to force his culture to other Wizards. On the contrary, they are constantly shown trying to adapt and incorporate themselves to their culture despite the fact that it's archaic and has many retarded aspects.

You mean two drunk faggots would spend half an evening trying to convince a pub full of other drunk faggots that literal wizards exist, then dejectedly walk home and IMMEDIATELY get mindraped by the Ministry?
Yeah, big impact.

>I only used DNA is a familiar analogy.
That's the problem, you fucking retard.
You used something you don't understand as an analogy.

There are extremely small micro organisms that enable you to channel magic, if you have a high enough count of them.

Retard
If the ratio is 1:10, it means wizards are 1/11 of total.

Jesus fucking christ, you’re right.

i assume studying is to learn proper spell usage and to learn how and why things happen so that they can be further expanded on. Luna mentions that her mom studied magic and tried to create new spells through her studies, but one went wrong and killed her. Never forget that without proper studying things can go wrong like when Neville turned a levitation spell into a self destruct spell, so i assume studying is very important.
youtube.com/watch?v=nAQBzjE-kvI

>Middle East doesn't have its own school
Why? In real life it was the center of learning for magicians in ancient times.

you know bully is open world despite being a school and a single town right?
Hogwarts itself is big enough to be an open world

can't you just accept that rowling didn't really give much thought to how the setting would work and instead just came up with a bunch of ideas and mashed them together to create the lore

No one knows because Rowling never bothered to explain how magic works despite the fact that it's clearly more logical than the more classical and mysterious magic from older stories.

>Fuck, I'm pretty sure Hermione knows more about Wizard culture than Ron who is a pureblood.
doesn't she mention in the first book that she spent all her time reading up on wizard traditions and history while waiting for school. Also what is the exchange rate on muggle money to wizard money because i remember both of her parents only have muggle money.

Are you taking the piss? Maybe in Burgerland, but over here we use the Queens math, you bunger.

Dating Merula

The genetic basis of magic inheritance isn't really explained at all because Wizards have absolutely zero science beyond late 19th century technology. Magic could be a ploygenic trait with a bunch of contributing loci and a huge amount of environmental input on phenotype like intelligence is. This would probably explain why there's such a huge variance in wizarding skill regardless of parentage, like Ron being a silly doofus while Bill is an international treasure-hunting badass.

Because Rowling spent 5 minutes coming up with that shit.
The UK having its own school while the entirety of South America gets the same treatment is fucking retarded. Same with Africa.

All the magic schools other than Hogwarts and Salem must be a complete mess with all the languages spoken
South America's case is expecially stupid. You have like a dozen Spanish-speaking countries but the one magic school is in the one country in the continent that has a different language?

in the hands of electronic arts

>throwing all teh asians into one school
jesus the race tensions there must be high 24/7

Attached: 1441490083817.jpg (362x346, 38K)

Midi-chlorians.

Does this bitch still hate video games or no

>Hogwarts itself is big enough to be an open world
It wasn't that big in Chamber of Secrets
Maybe if you made both the castle and the grounds bigger, and added travel to london

sounds like a japanese school too
that's gonna be bad

Except nobody got confused by what I meant except for you, and only because you have autism about the specifics of what I used. You're the same as someone who gets triggered when someone types "their" instead of "there" when the correctness of it is not even the point of the post in the first place.

A middle class white lady wouldn't know anything about that. She thinks everyone outside of white countries gets along with each other.

Well, if J.K. Rowling writing is to be an example, then maybe how much of a flaming gayboy you are. Look at Dumbeldore: the mans a crochety flaming faggot, and that guy was throwing spinning flames and going toe to toe with Voldemort. Who is, by my math, also a faggot. On account of his “Deh!”

>only one person brought up my stupid mistake so nobody else noticed I'm wrong
LMAO

Brazil running the school for all of South America would also cause a lot of problems.

It is though the school itself is in the ocean.

Attached: Wizarding_Schools_Map_lr.jpg (2600x1839, 2.65M)

Africa having a school of wizardry that everyone in the country attends doesn't seem right, it would be more like magic is taught by local shamans or some shit

typing and pseudo turn-based combat

raping hufflepuff boys

these in no particular order

WW2 era must have been such a great time.

Maybe UK wizards had their own magic Brexit in the 1600s or something.

>country

brainfart

There are more schools than that according to the wiki

Where's the russian one?

It only means they have only one formalized location for teaching their shaman shit.

>All the wizards running around casting avada kedavra
>Meanwhile african wizards resort to lightning shield and bus shock

I would play it

They could still practice shamanic shit in tribal environments for all we know. Not ALL magic is restricted inside the schools.

>1 school for just GB
>1 (one) school for the entire continents of north america and australia
nice worldbuilding lol

The Daiōa Kyōeiken rises!

Jesus Christ, maybe the seven bong meme is actually real.

>despite being a mudblood.

Halfblood, actually. Tom Riddle Senior was a Muggle, his mother was a direct descendant of Mr. Blood Purity himself, Salazar Slytherin.

Isnt Rowling pro remain tho?

I don't think I've seen a bigger display of Geographical and Geopolitical ignorance in my life. Jesus Christ how dumb is this woman.

Attached: 634512.jpg (895x503, 33K)

i don't recall if they ever say where it is just that it exists.

It says that many do not attend the schools at all in the wiki.

Whether or not I'm wrong was again never the point of my post. What about this don't you get? If I say I'm wrong and your right will your autism be satisfied?

Hey at least she knows Greenland is European territory.

Everyone in the Wizard world is nice and not racist though!

I suppose, it is a children's book, but there is a lot behind the whole thing. Voldemort and his followers were feared because they went around casting the killing curse, which is on the same efficiency as just shooting someone. With Fantastic Beasts it is shown there is a US magical government, and it's fair to assume that muggle governments are aware of the wizard world on some level. I do not believe for a second that a country like the US wouldn't at least try to force wizards into the ranks of their military, because the most fearsome shit that is actually explained in the books are horcruxes. It wouldn't even be too hard to profile potential wizards who are shipped off to school when it is Canon that latent magical abilities can cause weird events, like when Harry made the glass disappear. It would be incredibly obvious when a child suddenly disappears from the school system when they turn 11 and only return home in the summer, especially if that child's siblings did no such thing. All of a sudden it would be very easy for muggle governments goons to start questioning the family and people are willing to spill the beans when their family is at risk. Eventually headway would be made because magic would be a major boon to a muggle military.

Yeah, like why the fuck would Turkey and Iran attend a Russian school?

Does geography even matter at all when they can teleport? Language seems like a more important barrier to me and I don't think that magic translators are mentioned anywhere.

>What determines wizarding power?

Intelligence

Because they have identical culture and morality.
ruskies are muslims with snow instead of sand

>and I don't think that magic translators are mentioned anywhere.
It's literally in the films

It's not D&D
>half of wizards are females

Some of the shit that really gets to me is how British wizards apparently fought in the World Wars and were doing magic, even though they had absolutely no loyalty to the crown, because they have their own governments. Why?

The Chad's Book Power Ranking:
6 > 7 = 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

I'd say that killing curses aren't what is really dangerous. Mind control on the other hand makes for a most fearsome thing.

I haven't watched all the movies. I have read the books, but it's been too long since they came out.

The killing curse seems weak desu. Didn't the ginger turn someone into bubbles? That kills and makes the body go away.

Because Germans are the baddies and wizards are the goodies.

I wonder what the justification was for letting either of the WWs go for more than a week. Like nigga just teleport to Hitler and slip in an Imperio curse into his morning coffee so he calms down.

Idiot. lol I win bye bye :^)

That's stupid as fuck, but I really want to know where the Falklands belong.

Isn't a halfblood just a mudblood sub-type?

No, its gayness on the Rowling Scale

I don't miss George Lucas

If government agents come to your house and start asking shit you can magic the problem away and then deal with the consequences with your own magic government if needed
Book 6 starts with the muggle prime minister receiving a visit from the wizard PM, so we can assume most if not all world leaders and presidents are aware of the existence of wizards. They keep the secret either out of fear or because they are controlled by them, or in the case of the british PM because the magic PM tels him nobody would believe him
A HP story where muggle governments decide to cut the bullshit and do something about wizards could be interesting but Rowling wouldn't be able to pull it off

Remember
thehardtimes.net/harddrive/j-k-rowling-reveals-that-you-the-reader-were-gay-all-along/

No, mudblood is muggle-born, as in you have two muggle parents but still have magic powers. But I guess there were some pure-blood fags that still looked down on Half-bloods for being racemixed.

>why are they called the unforgivable curses
>because they're unforgivable
Sasuga Rowling
Kino

You can use the kill curse and then transform the corpse into a pebble and throw it in the river or whatever
Though really with magic there are countless ways to kill a person that don't require a spell that is so illegal the government gets an alert when somebody uses it

That was the point of Voldemort. He was a mugblood and was treated as such. To make it worse his actual life was trash so he couldn't even rise above it like mugbloods could.

Attached: lucas in charge of WWII.webm (900x374, 2.83M)

>and it's fair to assume that muggle governments are aware of the wizard world on some level.
In the books they outright show you that the muggle Prime Minister is aware of wizards being real and has meetings with the Ministry of Magic from time to time.
They even explain that they do shit like showing Sirius Black in muggle media but claiming he was a dangerous criminal armed with a gun back when he was a fugitive.

What if you forgave someone who used an Unforgivable Curse?

Attached: 1480489024287.png (266x220, 13K)

It becomes a normal spell.

You can't.

True, but the book puts so much more emphasis on the killing curse it's something else.
Well, another comment on that is how in the hell wouldn't an actual report be written up on a computer the second the minister of magic has left. The vast majority of wizards cannot understand muggle technology and even muggle born wizards rarely use that technology at school. The second a prime minister got a visit from a magic government leader there would be a threat assessment report circulating all over military leaders. Even if their minds were wiped, precautions would be taken. It might have worked before computing was a thing but there's no way that shit can fly because according to the books magic is affected negatively by electricity.

i would forgive Rin for anything.

Why didn't they just contract some muggle mercenary group to kill Voldy with a sniper rifle?

Why didn't they just drop nukes on Voldy?

>Lmao look at this muggle thinking we'd stoop to using his inferior muggle technology

He had horcruxes and Dumbledore was aware of this so it wouldn't have actually disposed of him permanently.

I really don't like harry Potter. It seems so nonsensical.
I guess never had the right mind set even as a kid.

hub world would probably be better. hogwarts would just be a particularly big hub

every fucking time

Attached: 1531306221796.jpg (1327x475, 359K)

I mean, that's where it gets even dumber. The second the Minister of Magic left the PM office after telling him that many muggles would be targeted by a near immortal enemy with the ability to mind control and kill indiscriminately, I do not believe for a second that there would be no military mobilization.

He would never have been able to return without external help. Destroy the main Voldemort body and then kill his associates (I'm pretty sure only a select few among the death eaters knew about horcruxes) and poof, he's gone

You take yourself too seriously. You actually come off as a white school shooter. Relax on the edge.

>I do not believe for a second that there would be no military mobilization.
The wizards would be monitoring everything they did and wiping people's memory left and right

For the love of God, don't make it Hogwarts. Do several smaller worlds like Deus Ex does, maybe including Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Make it play something like Deus Ex but with magic

I don't want to start a thing about whether the books were ever really good or not but I think anyone can see by now that she's terrible as both a playwright and a screenwriter, there's no reason to expect her to do well in writing for games. Just get a team that's competent in making games and cares about the Potter franchise, which shouldn't be too hard. If you absolutely need her involvement just have function as a loremaster or something and hope she doesn't pull more bullshit like she did with Nagini

>Avada Kedavra, meet Avtomat Kalashnikova

Attached: 1529606577021 2.png (256x256, 94K)

What's the point of that? They can't find the guy due to cloaking spells, tey can't track him due to apparition and all he needs to do is brainwash some high-ranking officer to fuck them up.
Using the intelligence agencies to alert the aurors of their presence would be a better idea.

I don't think there is a single feature you could add to the game that would redeem one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1483301878004.jpg (1601x2886, 3.13M)

He can possess people in his ethereal form (book 1) who can restore him to his body (book 4). Additionally, Muggle tech of all sorts (including non-electric mechanical, like guns) canonically tend to "not work" or "malfunction" in areas of high magic anyways. Not that he's only ever in high magic areas, but mostly.

>"Good thing my 1911 holds 7+1"

Attached: 4214.jpg (680x722, 51K)

Wizards are played up to be this "step above" muggles, but they lack any sort of ingenuity. IRL if it came down to it, humans would beat wizards.

>capture wizards and hook them up to magical draining machines
>use captured magic to power weaponry to cast their own version of spells
>experiment with captured magic to produce spells that make the unforgivable curses look like babbys first spell
>wizards eventually subjugated and forced to be living batteries for the muggle empires

No wonder they hide. Wizards FEAR the muggle!

Also I'm pretty sure muggles have trouble perceiving magical items. They might not even be able to see Voldemort?

I'm very glad I read the german version, which I think got rid of the shitty choice of words and phrases.

That is the single most pretentious image I've ever seen posted on this site in over a decade. Bravo.

You've barely been alive for over a decade if it's the first time you see that pasta.

>Also I'm pretty sure muggles have trouble perceiving magical items. They might not even be able to see Voldemort?
That's dumb and not even hinted at in the books

based "No!" poster

t.Stephen King

>not posting the real image

One thing is sure: Open world games in 2019 are tedious, unimaginative and repetetive gameplay experiences. It would thus be the fitting genre for what can only be considered the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1483301878004-1.jpg (1601x2845, 1.09M)

>muggles have trouble perceiving magical items
Pretty sure they can, that's the whole point of wizards having to disguise things like portkeys as normal garbage

I couldn't have been the only one who daydreamed about the lewd capabilities of magic, right? You can do like anything you can think of. Even pedofags get thrown a bone because of transformation potions.

Attached: 1523428904686 2.jpg (464x484, 35K)

make it first person since most of the gameplay would be basically like a shooter, pointing the wand at things or people

They literally can't see some places or identify that magic bus.

I'm unironically going based off fanfiction. My bad

Based posts

The fourth book prologue is about a muggle gardener stumbling upon Voldemort while on the Riddle manor and telling him to fuck off if he doesn't want to get shot.

Harry Potter is a series for millenial women and guys who never read good fantasy.

Because those are actively cloaked by magic spells

hey fuckface i already posted that

I want a book detailing all the kinky ways wizards use magic for sex.

so it's explained how come there are flame-throwing dragons around the world but muggles don't give a shit?

one of the plots in book 6 involves ron being magically forced to fall in love with some chick with a magic potion. we know there's also near-infallible mind control spells, memory wiping and the ability to perfectly disguise your or someone else's identity
probably there's not a single wizard or witch who hasn't been raped, except the uggos who would be the ones doing the raping

idk why they wouldn't just grab hairs from the girls for polyjuice potions and spend the entire time furiously schliking away

Bait.

You realize higher ups can detect spells

so that guy could have just saved the day if he shot voldemort. why didn't he?

You're meant to believe all the dragons are under wizard control
Which is shown in the very first book to be bullshit since Hagrid bought a black market dragon egg. And then there's the dragon that escaped from Gringotts which probably the entire population of London found out about

It's literally not. But a million flies eating shit can't be wrong, right?

What is some good fantasy you'd recommend

Because non-americans don't just shoot at everything that moves.
How the hell is everyone assuming a gun could kill a wizard? A charm that vaporizes any bullet that comes near me would be the first thing I'd come up with as a wizard.

You do realize making London to a decent scale would make it open world? Considering how big Hogwarts is you could also consider that "open world"

School shooter vibes.

Is being ugly even an issue when you can just polyjuice the uggo into your crush?
I refuse to believe there wasn't a black market of Harry Potter polyjuice potions in Hogwarts aimed at horny fangirls, same with Ginny potions and Hermione potions for the incels.

Yeah, maybe in police state bongland, where you need a loicense for that cauldron.

yes, but only if they have a reason to investigate and not all forms of magic will raise suspicion
you don't even need to use imperius or an advanced potion, just shoot confundus on someone behind their back

Why would China and Japan have the same magic school when their spiritual practices are vastly different. Japan is Shinto and China more Dao.

Same goes for Mexico and the US. Magia Negra is heavily based on occultism and satanism in Mexico, as well as their unique worship of the dead based off Aztec culture. How in the fuck is that remotely culturally similar to the Pagan Salem Witches?

>not Luna potions

But that's every game OP plays.

Because he got Avada Kedavra'd two seconds after making that threat.

wizards don't even know what a fucking gun IS in harry potter, the ministry of muggle affairs had to have them explained to them like a retarded 4-year-old as "Some kind of one-use wand" thing

>I want it to not be open world
stopped reading right here, I don't even care what you wrote, you are absolutely right on absolutely everything

Attached: 1528823424395.jpg (1446x1080, 343K)

I want a HP MMO.

>A charm that vaporizes any bullet that comes near me would be the first thing I'd come up with as a wizard.
Because you're a mugle and you know about muggle weapons. Wizards don't even know what a firearm is and they wouldn't suspect any random schmuck of carrying one.

And you a white guy

>Ginny potions
For what purpose. She's ugly as fuck.

maybe she meant 10% of people are magic-capable but not all discover it?

>China's Hogwarts is just a martial arts school from some wuxia corny movie
The horror

This, but unironically, but only gay (female).

>Build up an amazing universe
>Do basically nothing with it except braindead cash-in movies and phone apps

I'm not even much of a fan and I'd play the shit out of an expansive HP game.

Attached: IT'S_NO_USE.jpg (349x383, 50K)

Wasn’t the Half Blood Prince game open world?

Black Hermione

i mean its a painfully obvious racism analogy. i think him being wrong is kind of the idea.

She's supposed to be very pretty in the books. Opposite of Hermione who is described as a plain girl.

you talk about the one whore who is so buttmad her books are so famous she willingly turns characters into blacks or gays just to sell more whatever the cost
the day being serious and a hardworker is a fault, she will turn hermione into a retard with too much chromosomes

She was supposed to be a Stacy during her sixth years, she had a bunch of guys after her and had like 6 boyfriends before she got with Harry.

For a white guy

For you

what about semi"open world", like witcher 1/2?

And put in Yudkowsky. Am I right, boys?

Attached: 1542739424475.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

>Wuxia Mahou Shoujo

100% white poster. Nobody else could be this fucking autistic.

i'd do that too

And then i'd let some stud fuck me raw

Attached: 434973.jpg (800x824, 532K)

The Order of the Phoenix game was better because it was open world and you could attack fellow students.

>OP as fuck Tier

Potions

>Inferior in every way to a cellpohone and a gun Tier

Wands

>LMAO:ing @ ur life Tier

Magical beasts

Attached: 61r3cl5p7SL._SY550_.jpg (381x550, 27K)

it's not just polyjuice, who says you can't permanently alter your face or your body with spells? give yourself the face of a greek god and a giant dick

youre a retard, sorry. im from bongland too. ratios mean "for every x, there are y", so for every 10 muggles there is a wizard. 10 muggles + 1 wizard = 11 people

h-haha imagine taking turns with your best bro
It's not gay right?

There's literally no scientific study regarding this in the potterverse.
>muh hermione, muh voldemort
possible outliers. Also, Hermione never actually does anything important magically.

It's not like there's a spell for everything. Some things are off limits or overpowering for a human to attempt.

You can do that but it's supposed to be either an ultra rare genetic trait or an ultra difficult spell.

the current market is all about making as much money as possible with the lowest amount of effort, just look at the daily estimate revenue for that shitty phone app
thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/214251/harry-potter-hogwarts-mystery/
investors just aren't interested in funding a proper videogame anymore

The Wizarding world is also 100 % closed off anyway. You don't just go and roam in the fucking free world.

1. Muggle world has nothing to offer to wizards
2. Wizards don't want to have anything to do with muggles (and vice-verse if they knew).

Besides, wizards apparate, they don't walk. So a hub based solution would be the best. Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, the Ministry, houses of certain wizarding families and so forth. Travel between them is instant but restricted until you learn to apparate.

Do you choose what animal you turn into as an animagus? Is it even something any wizard can achieve, or are you just born like that?

Which animal would you be?

Attached: Animagi.png (1172x487, 1.01M)

There are more things pointing towards blood purity being bullshit than towards it making sense.

Something small and sneaky like a mouse, to steal DNA samples from girls for

Employ JK Rowling but keep her on a short leash and surrounded by editors versed in HP lore. She has good ideas but fame and PC culture poisoned her.

>Why
because she doesn't have a single clue what's going out
for her, there's one school and it's hoggwarts, then added some of them for the 4th book, she never looked more into it
just look at the state of the books, earlier books are about hyping up a mysterious infinite secret school and despite having a wallhack in the form of the map, nothing comes out of it, then they spend 2 books wanking each other in a "super duper secret club" and the last ones don't even take place at school
can you name magical races ? you have pretty horse cock weilders, you have nazguls, you have elves, you have goblins and one werewolf, that's it, an unlimited well of potential was ignored just to throw the generic teenage girl wet dream tropes

Day to day life, choose which classes to take, see your stats go up, spend time with cute witches to upgrade their social points or alternatively upgrade your chad points by going to quidditch practice. Get a small group of friends and get confronted by some mystery which force you to sneak out and fight creatures. You have an year to uncover the mystery or Hogwarts or even the Wizarding World™ will be in peril.

Use the fireplaces to travel to different locations all over Britains or the world. Hours of grinding and exploring new places for upgrades. New areas and activities unlock slowly as the year passes by. The time of year, the time of day and the weather affect which activities are available. There are some cunt teachers you talk to that turn out to be nice after you get to known to them, then there are nice teachers that have mysterious background. Your stats and relationships will depend on which classes you choose to take. A week long christmas event in Hogsmeade where you get to spend some intimate time with the girl of your choosing. Reach out to the truth.

Are north korean wizards loyal to dear leader or do they have a secret transportation system?

It's even worse. It's basically Japanese, but somehow working for the whole Pan-Asia.

pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/mahoutokoro

Wouldn't Owl be the most useful form since you can go pretty much anywhere without anyone giving it a second thought?

Considering how descent and reproductiom works over time and the fact that the wizard secrecy laws were only enacted in the 17th century, should mean that every single person in the HP universe should be descended from wizards and should all have latent magical abilities

Is it weird that I want JK Rowling to dominate me for days and finish with castration?

HIDE MAGE THREADS

IGNORE MAGE POSTERS

Is there still no HP game better than the PS1 game?

Attached: if-the-mods-are-gone-just-post-ps1-harry-potter-57861036.png (500x608, 115K)

>despite having a wallhack in the form of the map
I feel like she used the map and the cloak in a way that trivialized problems too much. And Harry's xboxhueg inheritance too. Felt like it conveniently removed a lot of struggle, like maybe if he at least had to go through some bullshit to unlock those things it would have been better.

they even say in the books that the vast majority of wizards are half-bloods, the weasleys and malfoys are part of like 5 or 6 families in the entire UK that remain pure to this day and the weasleys won't be 100% pure for long now that there's kids among them whose grandma on the potter side was a mudblood

>There are people ITT who didn't even read the books

Attached: 1547722371050.gif (395x313, 1.99M)

Chamber of Secrets PS2 is excellent

Everything I hear about the books makes them seem much worse than the movies, and the movies themselves aren't very good to begin with.

How is that possible? The first man who discovered magic taught it to his spouse?

>*summons for magic broom*
>*autoflies to quest marker*
>*wizard vision activates*
>"Mhmm...victim's face frozen in fear... a Dementor™, gotta be"
>"Come on, broom"
>*autoflies to the next quest marker*
>*Slytherins in Dementor™ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' GRYFFINDOR IT IS! GET "EM"
>"What now you mudblood" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire with Incendio and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic Flippendo and knocks guy off of a cliff*
>"Mhmm... Slytherins™ pretending to be Dementors™... better tell Dumbledore about this"
>"Come on, broom"
>*autoflies back to Hogwarts*
>"DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THOSE DEMENTOR ATTACKS?"
>"Just some buggered Slytherins posing as Dementors™, here's proof" *shows wands*
>"WELL DONE, WELL DONE INDEED. HOWEVER...."
>"Demented!" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 house points received

Attached: .jpg (1280x870, 118K)

I wouldn't even need that, I'd stay as the sluttiest witch student you'd ever seen

Attached: TE mod.png (360x500, 331K)

>"Mah hoot o koh ro"
Isn't it supposed to be "Ma hoe koh ro".

"No!"

>keep her on a short leash
would never work because she things she's the messiah and would throw a tantum if we touch her fanfiction
>surrounded by editors versed in HP lore
what HP lore ? the "lore" is basically regular society but turns it into the "wackiest xd funy" possible way poisoned by a teenage's view of society. Do you want to know how most of the "extensible" stuff came out ?
"urgh, I like, can't like, like banks are so annoying, they're like, like endless... that's it! magic banks are endless halls on rails!"
"urgh, like, men and like, sports, like, who cares right ? so many complicated rules and like... that's it! I'll make a sport with retarded rules ? (not because I have no idea on how to balance a sport's game mind you, it's magic)"
"urgh like, everyone look down on me, like, I am better than anyone like... that's it! evil people are people from good families! genius!"
HP lore is fucking trash

The books are excellent until the 5th one.
The movies are OK until the 3rd one.

Y-you wouldn't mind it if your bro was literally using you as a fleshlight for his fetishes right?

who fucking knows man, wizards don't even know shit about human history, science, technology, etc so who knows where they draw the "this is where blood purity in wizards begins" line in their timeline

The books are alright, it's just the prose isn't that great and you better not ask too many questions about some aspects of the worldbuildng. They're children's books after all, you probably wouldn't find any appeal in them if you didn't read them as a kid

but that's my fetish too

Attached: 1529944600518.jpg (1535x2048, 234K)

Oh god why is this so hot to me
Am I fucked up?
I don't have gay thoughts at all beside that

How does Yea Forums manage to have such comfy threads when it comes to Harry Potter?
Is it the sadness over the wasted vidya potential that brings us together?

Even if it was having each limb tied up and suspended to a levitating object and being facefucked midair?

It's a niche, within Yea Forums, whereas Yea Forums is shit for it, same with metal and Yea Forums, or vidya games elsewhere.
Only main board on 4channel that I go on that's okay for it's subject are /int/ and Yea Forums

more like grooming sadness about it, it's like being in an old pub between people of the same age having nostalgia about the same thing
HP is the very definition of wasted potential, book wise and especially video game wise
the best harry potter video game right now is a fucking mobile VN despite being an household name, tells a lot

Sounds fun, like being tied under a horse and fucked by it

Attached: 1529007425112.png (868x1012, 362K)

We all long for a game that lets you be a wizard and doubles down on it instead of accommodating some unga bunga paladin.

Attached: 84cc81a57ca88f102a7dd0a4e78171ad.jpg (1815x2330, 683K)

Mahou Tokoro
Magic Place

Because that’s totally what the Japs would call their magic school, right?

I really want this to happen to me, being turned into a girl just to be treated like a slutty cumdumpster, built for fetish experimentation...

Or that spell that Lockhard used by accident to remove Harry's bones in his arm, applied to each limb so you couldn't move at all while getting helplessly pounded away.

Would you have specific girls you'd want to turn into, or be fine with having them choose?

>What features do you want to see in open world harry potter game?
The most manipulative money-grabbing practices you can possibly put into the game.
Then advertise the game to "gamer girls" via Reddit and Twitch shills. Those guys will defend anything as long as women like it, and you'll get tons of money.
And honestly the less money those woman-respecting traitors have, the better.

Are you implying there are only seven or eight wizards?

>mfw my director told me I had to teach a sophomore class on Harry Potter during my graduate assistantship
>Whatever it's only one semester let's just get it over with
>Class was actually pretty chill, 12 students and all I really had them do was read the books and write papers
>The only fucking problem arose near the end of the semester
>One girl made it clear from the start that she hasn't read the books before, and we all agreed not to spoil anything when we met for class
>Well then comes the last book
>One dude in class named Sam made a comment about how some passage was hinting Harry ends up with Ginny
>That was when the girl screamed she would fucking kill him and threw her desk over trying to attack him
>Apparently door was under the impression he and Luna would be together and Ginny was a red flag
>Call my director after getting her out of the class, barely know how to explain this to him and when I finally do neither of us can keep a straight face
>Girl got put on academic suspension and I got my degree

Attached: 1490416426164.gif (200x189, 799K)

I want to own a witch stripping club in diagon alley where you watch big tiddie thots get railed by enchanted trees on stage.

>The most manipulative money-grabbing practices you can possibly put into the game.
that's already been done

Attached: 750x450_PK-lockup_web.jpg (750x450, 39K)

I wouldn't mind turning into a different girl every day, so every day I could surprise someone new, and make sure to fulfill their fetishes

Attached: 1545501469639.jpg (2000x1440, 939K)

global wizard population is probably less than one million
you think one million people can conquer 7 billion?

>mah hoot o koh ro
Lolwut?

Japanese doesn’t work that way. Mah hoot. Wft?
It’s ma-hou to-ko-ro. Did she even try?

Turn to page 394. The chapter where Harry rails his best friend's sister while using Alan Rickman's voice.

Attached: screen-shot-2016-08-24-at-15-11-12-1024x555.png (767x431, 142K)

Come to think of it, how do women in the HP universe even compete with polyjuice horny boys?

Maybe I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying they were outnumbered by billions, as in there were a billion times more muggles. But you probably meant their outnumbered by billions (of people), which would make sense.

Also, iirc most things wizards do are just straight up invisible to muggles, like that one movie where the bus squeezes between two other vehicles and they talking head says no one will notice. So they very well may have a chance.

It's not gay, not even in the "are traps gay?" way, since it's full 100% physical transformation.

The first HP book was a scathing critique of the middle class' feelings of inadequacy so it makes sense that they'd care more about their car than some potentially mystical elements in their lives.

Probably most males in the HP universe aren't faggot trannies despite how easy it would be to be one.

Well good, do more of it!

>tranny
False analogy, as they will always have a Y chromosome, it's not a full transformation.

what about an artemis fowl game

What does this have to do with power of wizardry?

>just found there's an artemis fowl movie in the making
>commander julius root is now a woman, butler is black
of course it had to be disney

Still no scientific study. Do you act like this in real life as well? Hilarious.

Attached: linklolface.png (600x600, 166K)

Funny you should bring this up, I'd always wondered about this and when I last read the series I caught onto a hard number mentioned in book 3 finally that can be used to extrapolate this to some degree.
It said that there were 200 people in the Quidditch stands wearing Slytherin colors, and the other 3/4ths of the audience were supporting Gryffindor.
Assuming the overwhelming majority of the school was at the game, that means there's around 800 people at Hogwarts.
Taking very rough numbers, let's say there's 100 teachers/staff.
So that's about 100 children in each of the 7 year.
Given that
>there is no other wizard school in Britain
>they can track down Muggle-borns
>tuition is provided to those who can't afford it so no one would be unable to go
>homeschooled wizards are extreme outliers like Dumbledore's sister
>there are no non-British students mentioned at Hogwarts
It's a safe assumption that effectively all wizards born in Britain attend Hogwarts.
Thusly, there are about 100 wizards born in the UK each year. That's an extremely small % of the population.
Came here for this.

Attached: harry stretches his legs.webm (640x264, 941K)

Burden of proof is on blood purists, retard.

Other way around. Electricity is negatively hit by magic.

Mate, she put Chinese, Japanese and both Korea's into one school and thought it wouldn't erupt in one hour into Nanking but with M A G I C Edition.

Speaking of which, I wonder how North Korean wizardry would work.

>make the fucking legal slave black
Sasuga Disney.

>nothingpersonnels you with wordlessly-transmuted carbon nanotubes

>mfw my director told me I had to teach a sophomore class on Harry Potter during my graduate assistantship
What the fuck?

>Webm
Based

Wat. Was it at least from some sort of literary analysis standpoint and not just "talk about HP for college credit"?

Forgot about these books. Childhood kino

Yeah the literary aspects of it, which I actually found difficult for the first two books, but I was proud of some of the stuff they came up with by the end.
But for real that class was a joke, they could have given those kids a better class that they could have used on something like the praxis exams instead of something useless they paid tuition for.
But it paid my bills for a year so I'm not complaining