RE2:make

Now that the dust has settled
Was it good?
Did it do justice to the franchise and the original RE2?

Attached: file.png (640x640, 752K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JbKekdTLw5Y&list=LLHM_xQtm06GAh_1yNa73rcA&index=2&t=5451s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stay strong trains is hard job. my uncle have death threats but never rape.

nani?

The game is fucking amazing.

Attached: RE2 Claire-3.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>not using the nude mod
one job...

>Was it good?
Average 7/10. most overrated game of 2019.
>Did it do justice to the franchise and the original RE2?
no.

Sexy outfits > Nude

Not even better than the REmake of the original which is now 17 years old

FUCK

Its great and emulates and surpasses the original in every way. People who think otherwise are delusional and probably never actually played it

i stopped giving a fuck about RE long ago
which outfit is claire using? Leon looks like he's using his RE4 main outfit

Gameplay is good except for the sponge zombies
B scenarios needed more work
Mr. X is fun and cool
Atmosphere is bland compared to REmake 1 and even 7 but there's not much you can do about that since it takes place in a modern city

Both mods.
It's inspired by the outfit Jill wears in RE5.

Attached: RE2 Claire-4.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Was a huge fan of the original RE2. Play it every October to kick off the month.
This new one is now my favorite as it surpasses the original in so many ways. It even fixes some story bullshit from the original so now Leon had more than some yellow fever to make him like Ada.

Anyone who says the game isn't that good or is somehow worse than any of the other entries in the series are just trying to be a cool edgy kid.
I hope the rest of the series goes with this direction of gameplay.

Easily the best game in the series since the OG Remake.
The zapping system could've been much better, though.

Yes, Yes and Yes.
Incredible game, though the clumsy 2nd Run and limited enemy variety hamper the enjoyability just a little tiny bit.
The game keeping track of where every single zombie stands when you leave a room, where a dead body is going to lay, where blood splats and bullet holes will remain for hours and hours is pretty remarkable.
All without loading screens too.

Im really thinking about getting it, tried the demo and I liked what Ive seen

its been a good while since Ive played any decent horror games, how strong it is spookiness wise? is it mostly about jumpscares or creepy atmosphere? I liked the gore and reactions from enemies from my shots so I guess Id have a good time either way, but it would be nice to play some decent horror vydia that can spook me desu

I also havent played the original RE2 because around that time I got into horror I was too much into Silent Hill to play any other survival horror games, so pretty much everything would be new to me

Yes, best RE. Shame about the lack of DLC though, at this point i think they already left this game behind.

It's a zombie game in which the zambos are an actual threat instead of cannon fodder and the atmosphere is there. While i wouldn't exactly call it "scary", it's definitely tense.

There aren't much jumpscares, at least if we're talking about the scripted ones.

>Easily the best game in the series since the OG Remake

are people serious saying stupid shit like this?
for fuck sake resident evil 4 is more fun and has more replay value then what we got here.

honestly if it wast for the name, i dont think this game would be highly rated.
i gave it a 8/10

It was great. But I wish it could have been a bit longer. It didn't really expand the story or add any new areas at all like it did with the remake of the first one. Leon and Claire barely met.

someone dump the pasta

RE4 was a good game on its own, but it was a RE in name only, with its excessive focus on action, over the top moments and linear level design.

>Shouldn't be highly rated
>gives it an 8/10
>80% is mediocre

Same thing about RE7. In name only. Change the name and it's an Outlast game with guns.

Attached: 16587321817818.jpg (600x315, 29K)

Bullshit.
RE7 has a different camera perspective and a different setting, but the gameplay elements from the classic, such as inventory management, a finite amount of resources, more focus on exploration in non-linear maps rather than combat and so on, are all there. You can't say the same thing about RE4, that gsme wasn't even a survival horror.

RE7 was pretty much RE1 in first person with rednecks and shit monsters instead of zombies.

It was good but not as good as it could have been.

You're one of those autists who think the game would benefit from a fixed camera, aren't you?

Yeah it was pretty good. Better in some cases than the original, but worse in others like 2nd run.

RE7 was literally RE1 in FPS for the bigger portion of it in terms of atmosphere and progression

What about the mod that replaces all models with the original ps1 ones?
youtube.com/watch?v=JbKekdTLw5Y&list=LLHM_xQtm06GAh_1yNa73rcA&index=2&t=5451s

>2makes modding scene could have been great
>is just shitty nude mods for literal 14 year olds
Never knew re fans were all gamers.

>Was it good?
Yes, it's a good game
>Did it do justice to the franchise and the original RE2?
Not even a little bit. The original RE2 is far superior.

Lickers should be able to follow you through doors

>Was it good?
Yea
>Did it do justice to the franchise
Not really
>and the original RE2?
Fuck no

Attached: drloqv7h73b21 - Copy.jpg (940x755, 125K)

The steam community tab for re2 is pretty bad

The moment that legit stressed me out was when you play as Sherry
I wasn't ready for that shit
Mr X chasing me didn't really stress me because I had the freedom to go wherever I wanted except when Leon's fatass brakes that ladder but that aside I could go anywhere
With Irons I felt claustrophobic as fuck

cringe

hello IGN

I think the original is still a better game because of how it handles the four A/B scenarios. The fact that barely anything changes between story 1 and story 2 aside from the beginning, the mid part and the ending is my biggest problem with the remake.

I hated the hat dude. Boring as fuck and ruined the game for me. Glad I didn't buy it

you've either never played outlast, or you've never played resident evil. for the record, outlast was a good game.

why are re2 nostalgia kids so damn cringe? that game is 20 fucking years old. move on.

>h-he was totally just so boring and totally didn't push my shit in I swear!

>RE2
>hard
Riiiiight

>why are people upset that RE2 didnt get the REmake treatment

>20 minute section became so boring with a new element added it ruined the whole game
>hat dude
You zoomers were all over the steam forums crying about wanting him removed but saying "he wasn't too tough for me, I just don't like him!". If was as easy for you as you all claimed he wouldn't have even been an issue.

I played the original, zoomer

I really liked it. Finished it 3 times which is more than 90% games I've played. With that said the more I played it the more it felt unfinished. Especially after I saw all the unused concept art. Everything after the crocodile encounter felt rushed. Great game with lost oppurtunity.

I really dislike how the game adjusts how much damage you both give and recieve based on how well you play. It's probably the biggest problem the game has. Other than that, it was pretty great.

My main problem with REmake2 is that it can't seem to make its mind up about if it wants to be a faithful remake of the original or a total reboot of it.

A lot of REmake2 feels completely modernized while a lot of it feels totally stuck in 1998. One second it feels like a very serious 2019 horror game and the next it's back to classic RE shlock. It's a bit jarring and I thought the original REmake found a better balance between the horror and goofiness.

Attached: 1563012000936.png (361x370, 122K)

>punish the player for doing well instead of letting them enjoy the fruits of their efforts
>reward retards who dont pay attention to anything and rush through

10/10 goty

>punish player for doing well
How?

Attached: azumanga daioh tan girl.jpg (640x480, 39K)

Yeah REmake 2 doesn't feel like it's set in 1998.

>Aim for the head, never miss, avoid damage and conserve resources as best you can
>Game starts making your weapons deal less damage and makes enemies deal more, just to make the game a little more difficult
>Have terrible aim, always miss shots, take damage at almost every opportunity, waste resources without a care
>Game starts making your weapons deal more damage and makes enemies deal less, to give the outskilled player a chance to play the game
In theory it would make the game a lot more engaging, in practice it's just fucking annoying to feel like you're getting the hang of things but then a zombie randomly needs 3-4 more headshots than you were expecting and suddenly you've lost all your health from a single bite.

>n practice it's just fucking annoying
In practice you don't even notice it.
And fictional beings needing a certain amount of headshots is stupid anyway. Plus, different number of shots are a good thing for game variety on top of making you consider conserving ammo instead, which is intended.

>aiming for the head
Just shot them in the leg and run past them, and unless it an area you have to keep going past, just one shot them with the shotgun

Attached: bob3.jpg (370x481, 91K)

great game, Mr. X was annoying

It is very noticable, so noticable that someone went out of ther way to make a mod that disables it.
>Plus, different number of shots are a good thing for game variety on top of making you consider conserving ammo instead, which is intended.
Again, sounds good in theory, but in practice it's annoying more than anything to have to use more ammo than you know you should be using.

Game seemed alright, when you think about it its good they didn't make it 1:1 because then people would have criticized it for 'not changing anything or TAKING RISKS TO ADD NEW THINGS', it was made in a 'better' way. Keeping it familiar while adding new touches. Other than that, the zapping system didn't offer as many changes as the original but at least it was in.

Zapping isnt in at all.

Shoot for the legs. It only takes like 3 bullets to the kneecap to drop a zombie so he crawls, and half the time those bullets stun them so you can run by just like headshots do anyway

Another thing. Why are their skulls so impossibly thick, but their knees made out of playdough? If the virus is what is preventing headshots from being completely lethal to them, why couldn't the virus quickly reheal their limbs before they fall off?

>just run past everything dude

Love this cap cuck argument. There's no fucking excuse to have adaptive difficulty in any game. Its lazy and retarded.

There isn't a in-universe explanation. Cutscene zombies die with an headshot, gameplay ones don't because it would make the game laughably easy.

Lol if it's such a big fucking deal for you, just use the fucking shotgun, retatd.

As someone who played the originals when they were released, I think it's great.
Would I have liked static camera angles?
Sure but I can understand why they didn't use static camera angles and the game turned out great.
10/10

How the fuck can I get ahold of the originals in a functional state in 2019, answer me that Capcom cuckolds

PC ports are good and they're on PSN.
You can also just buy the disc for PS1 on Ebay, I think each game goes for like 10$