Majora's mask any% is dead!

Majora's mask any% is dead!

They found a new glitch that lets you open the debug menu and give yourself every item
youtu.be/CCubcEgnD6A

Thoughts?

Attached: Majora's_Mask_Artwork.png (426x382, 161K)

winning the game by using developer tools is gay and shouldn't be counted

Any% speedruns are garbage anyway, it's not about playing the game anymore

Based

This. If I was a dev I would purposefully put something like this in the first five minutes of the game to kill the idea of Any% runs right out of the gate, they're such boring garbage.

That's the precise reason there are different categories you fucking trog.

>winning the game by using glitches/unintended mechanics is gay and shouldn't be counted
for once someone agrees with me on this

The only Majora's Mask glitch I care about is the one that lets you use the Fierce Deity Mask anywhere.

This is why speedcucks are so funny, they spend hours of their life mastering routes and building a skill set, only to have it invalidated by a new route.

Some Zelda game (I think twilight princess) has a save file glitch where the devs have a save file in game that you can glitch and have all the items added to your game (not all but most) would you consider that cheating?

As long as you are using original hardware, and an original game, it should count
staring at the floor to raise the game’s speed should count
tilting the cartridge should count
using buffer overflows on majora’s mask should count
Plugging a second controller in to a single player game to force it to partially freeze should count

It's not a dev save it's just a demo save file that's used for the title cutscene and it doesn't have everything either not even close
Skyward Sword also has a similar glitch

Based

And yet stopping the game loading rooms and walking through walls is perfectly fine

Any% is a category in which you do anything to get to the end credits. Games where you can instantly glitch your way to the ending tend not to have an Any% category.

Now that MM has this, Any% won't be viable anymore, because it's literally they "anything goes" of speedrunning. Other categories are more entertaining/challenging now.

You're gay and shouldn't be counted.

>Every item
Doesn't that kill 100% as well?
Also fuck, Ennopp must be mad that his category is dead

It's such a retarded setup, it's insane that it's actually real. Straight outta a kid's school break conversation.

You should've thought about what he was willing to do in order to get the run done.

Is this the one where you play song of soaring a shit ton of times?

Any% is for autistic fucking faggots anyway, and should not even be considered speedrunning. Case in point, the ocarina of time "speedrun"
>break the game and warp from the deku tree to the literal fucking end of the game

so wait people spent hundreds of hours learning how to do majora's mask speedruns only for their to be a debug menu so now all of their runs are crap and only the person who figured out the debug trick will get their name as #1 in the hall of fame?

So what's gonna happen is that there will be a new "Any% No Debug" category. Nothing substantially changes

Variable manipulation like with the wind waker barrier is one thing, but straight up using the debug menu is retard and shouldn’t be used in any run. That’s like being allowed to speedrun a game while using action replay/gameshark. If you’re gonna cheese the game at least do it without straight up cheating

Who gives a shit? I cannot come up with worse game-related faggotry than speedrunning

as long as the run still gets people into the zoned-in mindset then its valid

don't they have glitched and glitchless categories? seems like they're making this way harder than it needs to be

I think that speedrunning is the most degenerate act mankind has ever come up with.

Speedrunning is for basement dwelling trannies who the fuck cares

Normal people actually play games, not skip them

It's a simple solution for speedrunners: just have it be allowed in any% runs, but bar it from glitchless. They already have the system in place, why complain?

Attached: I SAID NO PICTURES .webm (960x540, 2.75M)

>beating the game as fast as possible is not speedrunning
o i am laffin
Of course, any% tend to be shit and thats why we get different categories. When will people get this I do not know.

Why is it that in every thread about speedrunning, Yea Forums immediately becomes a 13 year old youtube commenter?

13 year olds think their mentality is accepted