Which one was more powerful, PS2 or Gamecube? I remember reading that Burnout 3 wasn't possible on the GC...

Which one was more powerful, PS2 or Gamecube? I remember reading that Burnout 3 wasn't possible on the GC, but at the same time Metroid Prime 2 looks better than anything on PS2.

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Gamecube was more powerful, but the PS2 had a much better library.

Gamecube was more powerful however the storage on its discs were smaller than the PS2's

Gamecube actually had more power but because of the disc the console used the system didn't take off like the PS2 did but it at least gained a huge cult following and is often regarded as one of Nintendo's finest consoles.

Gamecube was measurably more powerful than the PS2, the only thing that set it back with multiplat games was the small disk size that limited texture and sound quality. You need only look at the PS2 port of RE4 to see which is the clear winner (GCN version on the right).

Fun fact, every HD port of RE4 is based on the inferior PS2 version, and they only juice up the texture resolution and screen resolution, but they still have lower quality models, lighting, shaders and particle effects than the original game on the fucking Gamecube.

Fug forgot pic.

Attached: 2q9aywx.jpg (1000x938, 131K)

Gamecube.

I thought that was just because the Capcom 5 (except PNO.3) all got shitty rushjob ports.

I also feel like we had this thread yesterday

In terms of power:
Xbox > GameCube > PS2 > Dreamcast
However, the GameCube had smaller discs than the Xbox and PS2.

The Wii version is the best as it runs in actual 16:9 anamorphic widescreen rather than the letterboxed aspect ratio that the GameCube version is locked to.
It also has motion controls which make the game much better to control but if you're not into that, you can play with a GameCube controller and it's basically the GameCube version but in true anamorphic 16:9.

The GCN and the PS2 were on par, where the GCN has a better CPU and the PS2 has a better GPU.
Of course, retarded GCNfags will bring up games designed for the GCN architecture like RE4, Viewtiful Joe, and Killer7, that were afterwards poorly ported to PS2, rather than all the other examples where GCN was worse like the Splinter Cell games or Smuggler's Run 2 or Burnout 2.

Attached: 1446404039303.jpg (972x663, 251K)

Gamecube was better hardware wise but ps2 had the way better library

>ps2>dreamcast
lol

Attached: 1513052753699.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

I think the issue with the PS2 wasn't necessarily due to it's power, but due to how infamously hard the PS2 was to work with. One dev famously stated that the only emotion he could get out of the emotion engine was anguish.

which did you own, Yea Forums

Attached: 1563439445608.jpg (500x500, 29K)

hahaha, well memed
>Dead or Alive 2 was released on March 30, 2000 as a launch title for the PlayStation 2 in Japan. This version added new stages (Crimson, Koku An and Prairie) and new unlockable costumes. The game engine ran using Field Rendering instead of Frame Rendering, thus it appeared much more aliased than the Dreamcast ports. This version was buggy and prone to lock up in Versus mode. Itagaki and his team were only given two months initially to produce the first PlayStation 2 port. At the end of this, one of his managers asked to borrow a copy to play, but instead sent in to a production factory. Itagaki was upset by not being able to finish the game on his own terms and fell into a depression during which he briefly considered quitting the industry.

Cope

Attached: Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 21.19.37.png (400x167, 98K)

Attached: 9c20CXx.jpg (930x573, 39K)

duh I owned a Xbox and Gamecube. Never had a need for a DVD player, err I mean PS2.

>2000's
>Console Wars

PS2 and Gamecube => Wii + 360 => PC only

I owned every sixth-gen console: the Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube and Xbox.
I also had a top-tier PC and a Game Boy Advance.

When the generation was current, i had a GC and Xbox. Grabbed a DC when they wemt down to 5p bucks. Got a ps2 for free years later. Still currently have 3 hooked up. Ps2 is in the closet

Power Doesnt mean anything when the games are trash. Ps2 had a better library of games. There werent alot of unfun games on the ps2 where as nintendork did alot of experimenting with games that ended up making alot of flops.