What is it about this character that makes people so angry? His specials aren't that busted are they?

What is it about this character that makes people so angry? His specials aren't that busted are they?

Attached: 3dc002bb40b4c3255a6e598b9680fc4e.png (2075x2050, 2.05M)

just a little.

He's pure RNG
He can kill you at 0 percent
He can sleep opponents in the air
He can use a shield that bounces all projectiles and can use it while moving
He can at times, land critical hits out of nowhere
But it all depends on luck

>file didn't upload

Attached: herowo.webm (960x540, 1.94M)

Butt babies buttset about random crits and random item effects for MP in their PARTY game.

hoes mad

>tbagging at the end
webm discarded

Attached: pardon.png (266x193, 79K)

His specials are dumb but you can reflect or counter them.

It's the absurd amount of rng that tilts people, along with critical hits.

On the lower-mid skill level, he's crazy because his damage output is absolutely bonkers. Netural-B and Side-B are both ridiculous abilities, puling Magic Burst on any edge-guard hands you the opponents stock. The crits are just icing on the cake.

At higher skill level play his slower moves hold him back, so pros don't really have much issue dealing with him.

If Fireden still had Yea Forums, I'd pull up that user's party game argument rebuttal

Modern "competitive" communities can't adapt to anything.

What happened to fireden?

/pol/ ddosd the site and wouldn't stop until the webmaster removed Yea Forums and /pol/ from the archives.

It's just a kneejerk reaction from people too impatient to get good and learn to counter a character that's only been out for a few weeks.

His specials do a lot of damage, but overuse means you're fucked since his normals are absolute SHIT and you'll likely only use them to refuel or pull out a forward smash.

He's all threat, and can easily be taken out with an agressive playing style. I've played him, pretty much everyone does the wrong thing and stays back and "respects" his specials' power when it's literally the worst thing you can do. He has absolutely no close combat game and

FUCKING NO ONE

Thinks to actually fucking rush him. That's why he wins. A basic captain falcon can yeet his ass into orbit, and that's also half the characters, and the other half actually have good normals and can also compete easily. He's hyper reliant on his specials, that's all.

He also, despite having a shitload of specials, only has horizontal range outside of a fully charged Kazap, so aerials are a huge weakness of his.

Attached: nitro.jpg (150x188, 5K)

I beat these guys with Kirby all the time.

too busy rolling in RNG instead of fighting the person in front of them.

In short, the fighting game community is trash and the trash of the community can't adapt because they're trash. They're also loud. Move along.

Attached: BOI.jpg (640x785, 67K)

What is the point of this webm? You're upset that there's a counterplay if someone casts bounce in a Hero ditto?

>He also, despite having a shitload of specials, only has horizontal range outside of a fully charged Kazap, so aerials are a huge weakness of his.
Hi Up-Tilt has a crazy big hit box, he can anti-air a lot of stuff.

Yes he can, but his disadvantaged state is awful. If he gets juggled he has a harder time getting out of that than Kirby and Bowser.

but Smash isn't part of the fgc

There is enormous counterplay to hero and even if he gets lucky RNG he still can't compete with top tier characters so thempeople whining about him are being childish. It's obvious that sakurai didn't make this character for the competitive scene and he won't be played in the competitive scene so who gives a fuck?

Hero has a very low skill cap and no one is accomplishing anything with him yet so it's unlikely anyone ever will. He's a pubstomper, pure and simple. Complete trash vs good players.

Ultimately because he's not Sora or Geno.

Magic Burst at the ledge is dumb. Unless youre someone like Pikachu who can go under the stage to the other side, there's no counterplay. You just lose a stock. There's no tension between the guy guarding the ledge and the guy trying to safely come back on. Once people get over the "Whoa that move is siiiick" phase, people are gonna find it really makes matches boring.

Crits would be fine if there was some risk involved or some tell when they'll get one. Instead it's just playing normally, and occasionally be rewarded for it. With G&W, you run the risk of wasting a good read with a 1 and with Peach your opponent has ample time to see a stitch or bomb and respond accordingly.

I always get bodied by his side b when I try to rush him, then again I've been playing 2v2 matches for quite a while. Probably is a lot more managable if it was 1v1

It's never gonna make matches boring because it's never gonna be in matches. Hero is a shitty character. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 0 in top 32 of the next tournament. If we do see any it will be because a top player decided to carry him there for memes. He is too slow and punishable to be viable on the competitive level.

And they gave in instead of permabanning the fuckers responsible?!

Attached: 1559364487940.gif (501x335, 12K)

why would they do that? just cuz?

Don't even bother responding to Hero apologists

>lol you cant hit anything in the menu!
>no that clip doesnt count, it's online
>okay thats a tournament, but they're just random players
>okay they're actually some of the best in the world, but not as good as me who always jvs every hero they play against
>peach and game and watch exist so it's okay for a character to be able to kill center stage at 0 just because they got lucky
>they're not the best in the game so their design is okay
>they never won a major, even though only one major has happened so far
>i'm just going to insult competitive smash in general, not sure why i'm so concerned about rulesets for something i never plan to be involved in

If you honestly think hero is gonna win a major you're crazy. Everything about him is so slow and reactable. Most of his strong options can be shielded on reaction, not even prediction.

>If you honestly think hero is gonna win a major you're crazy.

No, but they're absolutely going to upset some top players.

>Everything about him is so slow and reactable

Tons of examples prove this wrong.

>Most of his strong options can be shielded on reaction, not even prediction

That'd be fine if all of them weren't safe on shield, if he couldn't cancel out of the menu and grab you(and kill throw if he has psyche up) and shield break with buffs.

Random crits would be fine if he had a lower than average baseline for his damage/knockback on smash attacks to begin with.

Most of the spells are fine, Whack/Thwack should have a minimum % requirement before there's even a chance of them insta-KO'ing. Hocus Pocus is fine because no player will legitimately gamble on their stock, and that's what you're doing with Hocus Pocus. Kamikazee could do with a range reduction, the slowdown effect is already enough if someone is dumb enough to try and rush you when you have it up on the menu. Snooze shouldn't affect characters offstage, just like Jiggly's sleep.

That's it. Still a strong character with those adjustments, but you've removed or adjusted most of the stuff that gets him unreasonable stocks. The adjustment to smash attacks is the most crucial one, though, Hero can play without Down+B and still feel like cheap shit when he lands a crit at 40%.

>In short, the fighting game community is trash
The FGC is laughing at Smash Bros for banning Hero

>but they're absolutely going to upset some top players.
Until it actually happens, it's just baseless conjecture. Most top players have already adjusted to him and are curbstomping him with ease.

>Tons of examples prove this wrong
Based on what? Because at least that user has actual proof in his frame data.

>That'd be fine if all of them weren't safe on shield, if he couldn't cancel out of the menu and grab you(and kill throw if he has psyche up) and shield break with buffs.
What the actual fuck are you talking about. His moves are nowhere near safe on shield, and he can only break shields if he's using both of his buffs at the same time, which is extremely unlikely in an actual fight.

RNG makes ppl mad. You don't know what to expect and random bullshit can happen

>What is it about this character that makes people so angry?
I don't even know who is him

Luigi and G&W also do this
If You're Good This is True For Everyone
Air Dodge
Wait 20 Seconds
This is the Only Real Bullshit but it's Only Really Two Moves You Have to Worry About
Yeah