>UNGA BUNGA
>ME USE SWITCHAXE
>ME SPAM WILD SWING
>O,O,O,O,O,O,O,O,O,O
>WILD SWING BEST DP-
>Hunter Fainted
>Rewards decreased to zero
>HUNT FAILED
Why does the Switchaxe attract the most brain dead mongrels possible?

Attached: bb5e2c278467f2849302dfbdd945df7d.png (420x420, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NU-LvzVIjfw?t=1m31s
pcgamer.com/au/amp/capcoms-hideaki-itsuno-wanted-to-resign-after-dmc-devil-may-cry-according-to-dantes-voice-actor/
youtube.com/watch?v=h-ZZldb1IFw
youtube.com/watch?v=6zDCrUYpQic&t=109s
youtube.com/watch?v=2HKnHnUk0S8
reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/c448v0/iceborne_hunting_horns_version_of_a_tcs_wakeup/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name one MH game where this happens besides 3U

Because it's fun
>EXPLOSION
>Stick to monster
>RING NING NING NING NING NING BOOOOOOM
>Sick combos
Good damage
>Looks cool as fuck
other than that I dont know

I dunno, but I'm getting real sick of these fools burning through all of my Lifepowder within a minute. Motherfucker Lifepowder doesn't grow on trees. I've got 13 at the most, so you're not invincible. And if you faint within the first 2 minutes I'm abandoning the quest and taking my buffs with me.

Fucking shitheads, I swear.

I have only ever met one player that knew how to use the IG properly in almost 2000 hours of playing.

remember when capcom changed the XXXX sword combo to XAXA or some shit but was too complicated for swaxetards so they changed it back

>playing as a cuck support

4U probably. Swaxe users got the short end of the stick and those who stuck with it got served some hot 140 rajang dick.

you misspelled long sword
twice

Dunno. I only use hammer and so should you.

>The game where it's actually good is dying

Attached: 10 things mainline doesn't want you to see.webm (827x530, 2.99M)

But that's not CB and IG

>complaining about how someone plays a game as simple as MH

when you have to play with a retard then yes its easy to complain

Hey fuck you man, we're out here tryna make this shit work.

I have never actually seen a Rajang die

What did user mean by this?

>all that blood
why is this not in world

>I am angry that other people suck at game
>but I will enable their suck through carrying them with free heals
Don't play support, you fag.

>it's an sns user spamming shield bash / knee move instead of changing attacks and ending with finisher
they make the "bab first weapon" look even more bab than usual.

Switchaxe doesn't have any defensive moves and is one of the most difficult weapons because of that.

Longsword has a 55 iframe counter, now THAT is a braindead weapon.

>wild swing.
How is it I've never ran into a swaxe player whos ever spammed wild swing yet that seems to be the norm for everyone else? The only time I ever see it is when its used for a second to chain into a transform combo.

>finally got my hands on a Protective Polish gem

Attached: bueno.jpg (746x500, 107K)

Because it's a lie to shit on SA.

So... is World any good?

A Frontier's blood visuals will get largely covered up by more overall durable hitzones in G-Rank (20-35 is common) as well as stuff like affinity skills making white flashes, but yeah I'm still wondering why MHW ditched blood entirely. I'm more mad at how they're resorting to message spam in the corner for skills activating over things like VFX/SFX on the hunter, though.

No clue. No idea what they were thinking with the new hit effects. Can't ever tell when parts break now that it constantly looks like rocks and dirt and shit are flying off the monster.

Nah, not really. It's mediocre at best.

modern longsword and bow are objectively the most braindead weapons

The qol life is good, I love the desert map, Nerg is pretty fun, but overall I don't like the new monsters. It's alright.

it's one of those cases where most of the work went into QoL and porting everything to a new and better engine, so the game itself is just okay. the sequel will probably be amazing though, and iceborne is looking good

Wrong move retard, switchaxe users go "unga bunga me swing sword and do big explosions on top of the GS player"

The only thing worse than a shitaxe user are Gunlance and Dualblades.

At worst it's a good foundation for a better modern MH game in the future. Iceborne shows promise and whatever MH6 + Xpack is will likely end up as a better game.

I've never met a bad Gunlance, probably because GL is rare as hell in general.

They gave it 2 new retreating attacks in iceborne, a slinger burst during wild swing and a new fade slash.

Attached: mhwi - sa rsb.webm (802x452, 1.87M)

Attached: mhwi - sa fs.webm (896x452, 679K)

While it's good that they added something, I'm disappointed the vast majority of the new moves are
>shoot sling mid combo
>use new claw weapon
I would have appreciated more tweaks, something to make the weapons more interesting and deep.

geez just look at those long ass animations
bet you can't even roll out of them

You also get a new wild swing finisher that amps your axe.

Not really. The actual Quality of Life improvements, like more fluid and responsive controls and the removal of loading screens, are nice, but as an actual game it's mediocre at best. New monsters are almost all boring shit and the music and maps all suck. Hopefully the next game is good.

Hammer is pretty tight in iceborne, I love that you can now do big combo off of a charge attack that can result in a debuff. Makes the weapon a little bit busier than just unga bunga get stun mash circle, now you gotta keep the armor debuff up.

New to the series. Is the slinger really worth anything? So far I've only really seen it used for getting something's attention or maybe triggering a flashfly trap.

Not really, but iceborne adds a bunch of new attacks and combos used with slinger burst.

Crystalburst is overpowered since it works on AT monsters with no resistance buildup. Other than that, flashpods and triggering falling rocks, not really.

That video is meant to show off the double hops.

I like the sound of that. Unfortunately Lance just got a claw counter and shooting the slinger from guard. I would have wanted to be thrown a bigger bone.

Yes, is wrong. Monsters are weak to specific slinger ammos, you can stunlock them pretty easily with them. For example in the Iceborne demo Tigrex would always stagger when hit with a pierce pod. It also makes flash bombing monsters out of the air an absolute breeze thanks to the pods being equippable and aimable, as opposed to the tossed item the flash bombs originally were.

There's other decent changes not involving slinger/claw, like SnS got perfect rush combo, CB got axe mode buff, lance gets a boosted power guard if you stay in it for a second, etc.

Attached: mhwi - sns perfect rush.webm (896x504, 2.86M)

There seems to be an awful lot of shitposting boiling down to "your favourite weapon is shit" lately.
Whare are the memers saying about Gunlance?

GL is essentially taking away everything that made Lance fun and instead strapping a shitty gun to it. Why would you want to play that?

neph your trip

Jokes on you, he doesn't play a male hunter.

Clutch claw making slinger ammo drop, and slinger burst combos at least give more opportunities to use slinger.

Lance is the only chad weapon. Rest are incelbait.

If don't lance fk off lmao

I have lots of fun comboing and then coming on the monsters face at the end.

>CB got axe mode buff
It did? It's not completely inferior to SnS mode anymore?

Every weapon in MH is unga bunga though and everybody online is going to be shit because the competent players are solo or with their group already

It has a spinning axe mode you can activate that adds extra hits to each swing. Not necessarily better than sword mode, but could have its uses.
youtu.be/NU-LvzVIjfw?t=1m31s

Attached: mhwi - cbab.webm (896x456, 2.92M)

As long as it isn't significantly weaker than just swinging SnS and doing the SAED I'm going to use it. I find swinging the axe way more enjoyable than the sword and shield moveset.

Why not just use Switch Axe, then?

Hammer is the only weapon I ever feel like playing because it's the only weapon that feels like it has any impact
so does CB SAED but I'm bad at it

>not the gunlance

Attached: 1554732787006.jpg (600x600, 80K)

>it has a gun, so it's better
Gunlance is the kiddie filter.

>mfw I properly learned how to switchaxe thanks to DMC collab

Attached: 1385891654507.gif (290x231, 996K)

I might like GL if it wasn't just Lance but worse, while also staggering every teammate

Switch Axe is literally one of the most difficult weapons to use in MH. None of that "uh, you need to have watched and understood all seasons of Rick and Morty to play CB" bullshit. Once you learn the optimal CB rotation all you need to do is keep repeating it and the monster dies. SA requires careful positioning and decision making due to it's long recovery animations.

I'm unsure of how CB gained its reputation as the Rick and Morty weapon, but it amuses me greatly.

It looks complex and has a ton of stuff going of for it, but in the end it's just UNGA BUNGA.

This plus Hammer and Greatsword.

>lance with less evasive options, worse defensive options, and no charge
>but the explosions!!!!!!
Fuck off, kid.

Sounds just like the Switch Axe. Don't delude yourself, both weapons are the same.

>lance with less evasive options, worse defensive options
yes that's what makes it fun

So being worse and less mobile makes it fun?

I don't think anons in this thread have played enough to realize that they will end up playing other weapons sooner or later.

Attached: 1544493328407.png (500x500, 228K)

I don't know about anyone else here, but I can only use one weapon properly. So that's a no for me.

I tried but
>too slow
>no mobility
>shit damage per hit
>attacks with timing
>long range
So I use what I can.

What are you implying, smug anime cat?
Picking the best tool for the job is part of a hunter's job. Still doesn't make CB less unga.

I used to play everything but then I went back to SA because other weapons are boring

Im implying that an efficient hunter uses the best tools around to deal with different monsters,even if it means switching weapons.
Para SA is one of the best ways to deal with nergi / odogaron especially in party.
If you want to be efficient you will use a lot more than just one weapon.

Then MHXX is the right game for you.

Attached: Valstrax CB.webm (852x480, 2.98M)

If you think the Chad Lance clutch claw counter isn't the sickest shit they've added, you can get fucked

Attached: 1564357426490.png (325x300, 87K)

Show me.

Nah, it's pretty gay.

Go look it up

Fuck you, its stylish and cool as shit. Lance is gonna be great, same with hammer.

Pretty much. Weapon elitism is retarded as always and so is maining just one weapon. Literally every weapon is fun and there's nothing wrong with at least choosing a group of mains. The game is repetitive by nature and you really don't forget weapon movesets as much as you think you would. It's always fun to mix it up a bit. I don't know why anyone would arbitrarily limit themselves to one weapon throughout the whole series. Then again, I'm primarily a solo hunter so maybe my perspective is different.

Only thing Lance needs is a single-hit high damage move. It has plenty of ways to mount already.

Attached: mhwi - lccc.webm (896x504, 2.67M)

Better to be very good at one thing than mediocre at everything, user.

I think you mistook Switch Axe for Charge Blade which actually does imbalanced damage, especially spamming SAED like a braindead idiot.

I feel like I'm going to be wasting my time with what's left of World because World 2 is going to be the real deal. I'll have to start over anyway after all the grind.

It’s alright

Once you get so many hours in, you'll want to pick up more weapons. I main SA, LS, LA, GL, and DB for example. Getting better at learning the monsters moveset and patterns is a lot more important. Of course there's arena challenges too where you'll use the pre-set weapons/armor.

You have your general.

This was me at first, but once you take the time out to practice other weapons the game gets that much more fun.

I don't think that bothers me after 3500~ hours. Have a couple thousand more in GU and previous titles too,picking up a weapon again is a breeze.

Attached: 1543134772140.gif (550x550, 277K)

Most master rank weapons have to be upgraded from high rank ones, so its not like all progress is wasted. Starting Iceborne with end game HR sets makes the early quests easier too. I might switch from PS4>PC and actually have to start over though.

DECIDE FOR YOURSELF YOU PETULANT FUCK. I hate fags like you so god damn much.

Why don’t you just mindlessly consume like the sheep you are?

is valor LS mghu the absolute goat.
also what's the best set up for lance, im currently running striker with shield dash, that charge attack, and evasion, for mhgu.

What's HH getting for Iceborne?

>'Echo Notes' that let you leave buff zones on the ground
>Twirling attack that does good damage

That's not even the full perfect rush combo. On actual monsters, not dummies, when the last hit connects, it triggers an extra finisher hit with the jump backwards.

God I hate the nu-Hammer and nu-SnS. Why do I gotta neutral my control stick just to do a triple pound after a boost? Why do I gotta tilt my joystick in a completely different diraction just to maintain a combo with the SnS? All the weapons in World just feel... Wrong. Except the LS but that's OP as fuck.

>axe
>sword
>autistic flailing
>elemental ejaculation
literally the most fun weapon

>pierce pod
It staggers everything in base World too faggot.

Those inputs are not problematic in any way, user.

The fuck are you on about? You can do a triple pound with the joystick pressed too, even the quick variation of it.
And SnS didn't have a way to maintain a combo infinitely before, you just roll cancelled and started a new combo.

It’s not difficult, it’s just kind of bad. The moveset is basic and braindead as fuck and the only reason why Swaxefags perpetuate this difficulty meme is because the weapon is so unpopular and their unga brains immediately jump to difficulty as an excuse.

Echo song. Queue 3 of them, do recital and boom you did 1000 damage.

no one ever talks about DB in these threads
I just started using it, spinny and fun but from my experience with other DB users in multiplayer I guess it's more of a solo weapon.

Attached: 1447703305571.gif (500x290, 73K)

my pp is rock hard when i think about playing iceborne in less then 3 weeks

Let's be honest, though. The fact that it's kinda bad makes it harder to use.
It's not like Charge Blade where not only is it very easy to use but it's also stupid strong so you don't have to try.

There's nothing to talk about other than it being the #2 weeb magnet weapon in the series. The base DB gameplay is just not engaging, which is a problem for every fast weapon in action games. There's virtually no feedback when you land your attacks, because the damage is so evenly distributed between a million of weak cuts, so you can't go for high risk high reward plays betting it all on a huge hit that will stagger the monster. It also has no reach, so you have to stick to slashing the monster's ankles until it flops over.

You're replying to a shitposter, user...
>Charge Blade where not only is it very easy to use but it's also stupid strong so you don't have to try.
And so am I, apparently.

Is this the monster hunter thread

I don't like DB, user. I'm sorry
God knows I've tried to like them, but it just isn't an engaging playstyle.

I like being mobile enough to run around nergi's ankles and not get hit for once though, lots of fun against monsters that are usually too fast to keep up with. I also really liked repeatedly staggering tempered kush w/o flashbombs which I'm not able to do with any other weapon (he eats true charged slash and decides he's completely fine)

How so? I play CB, all it requires you to do is a simple rotation to charge vials for SAED and afterwards eventual powerup maintenance. It deals a lot of damage with its spammable SAED and I feel way, way stronger than when using Lance, which is my main.
I don't see how it is wrong, CB seems to trivialize most encounters.

There's nothing basic or "braindead" about the moveset at all though.

This is the shitposty Monster Hunter thread. Welcome.

WHERE MY GL CHADS AT?

Attached: 1566158638265.jpg (720x1280, 101K)

>gunlance babies thinking about how this will make their shit weapon suck less
>when it will just make CB even more busted

In the piscine camps to mine for artillery jewels.

Attached: 1806411_p0.jpg (800x566, 314K)

What are those blue arrows and highlights in Lv4 and 5?

i hate that the longsword has the weeb weapon reputation. i play the longsword since mhf2 and it's my favorite moveset throughout alle the monster hunter games.
but now i have to deal with being called a weeb, even though i dont even watch anime.

>give CB a new axe buff to encourage actually swinging it
>also buff artillery even more

Not like it matters, because I've got literally zero relevant decos for GL or CB.

Attached: 1530462538717.png (193x180, 29K)

Because when you're exaggerating like the same can be said for every weapon.
>TCS deals a lot of damage and is spammable
>demon dance deals a lot of damage and is spammable
>helm breaker deals a lot of damage and is spammable
>full burst deals a lot of damage and is spammable
etc.
You completely ignore every aspect of the game when making post like this. You're talking about some abstract dummy training DPS output, not a real hunt. The monsters won't just let you do your "optimal DPS rotation", this isn't some MMORPG.
Sure, some weapons do more or less damage compared to the others, and that's a balance issue. But that doesn't magically make them some magic wands that hunt monsters for you, so you "don't have to try". If anything hiding behind the Lance shield and poking everything to death trivializes the game more than anything else, even if it takes a bit longer to kill monsters with it.

I am ready to explode.

Attached: 1558994066970.jpg (800x591, 54K)

Attached: 1429574083318.gif (250x251, 1002K)

I've heard they are levels which can only be achieved through pendants.

Axe mode on SA sucks.

Im mh noob and lance is most easy for me, you are so safe just blocking, why is it so unpopular maybe lbg and hbg are just as easy but still

while you were trying to get high numbers with a graeatsword
while you were farming kulve with a bow, I was practicing the sword
while you were trying to stunlock monsters with a hammer, I was practicing the sword

For many people it becomes boring.

>mfw CB main with 5 artillery jewels
open wide now

Attached: 1458753870770.jpg (500x500, 50K)

CB's artillery buffs are hard capped at 1.4.

gonna have to refrain from using CB early on since I have 5 artillery jewels
don't want to blow through the monster so easily
I'll play a weapon I don't use a lot for iceborne like HH or SnS

Attached: 1518082264019.png (688x1237, 1.59M)

I gave a try to SA in World and cant get why anyone plays it. Sure cool combos and muh dmg but you got no defense or mobility, you are basically a glass cannon waiting to be pawned mid combo

>glass cannon
That would imply SA actually does a lot of damage, or at least above average.

I get to look flashy as I am thrown about the room by an angry monster.

Attached: DsXbI3_VsAA1-Gc.jpg (2048x1432, 230K)

I know that using nothing but hammer for the whole game might not be the best way but goddamn it I just love bashing shit so much

I only play it with maxed out evasion and evasion window. With that you can just keep on shitting out damage with very little care for positioning because your dodges are super forgiving and cover a large distance.

Wouldn't artillery apply to the new axe mode buff? It looks like the extra hits are phial bursts, and it drains phials over time.

Attached: iceborne cb.jpg (1318x926, 418K)

I thought at least it would do decent dmg in sword mode, I dont really see its point then

play solo without the mon having ridiculous stagger resistances, you'll see why

It may not be the best way but it is the greatest way.

Attached: 1542529807677.png (752x600, 557K)

There's no point.
You want a big dick damage sword? GS.
You want a change weapon that actually does its job? CB.

Artillery buffs AEDs

Not everyone is chasing the highest possible DPS number, user. Your autism might be preventing you to understand why, but you should at least accept the fact that different weapons appeal to different people.

I envy people who autistically main certain weapon or a class in RPGs. I an extremely indecisive to the point of frantically switching from one option to another, sucking at all of them, getting frustrated and bored from resetting so many times. Even though I know I play mostly berserkers/tanks/warriors, nothing clicks. And even when it somewhat clicks, it gets boring and the urge to switch arises. Or everything goes wrong and I just get frustrated. And even then I am naive enough to believe that this time the new option will work and I will definitely stick to it.

Attached: 1565725863272.jpg (700x500, 35K)

It's an oversimplification, sure, but think about how much actually goes into getting full vials ready, it's just two fully charged slashes with the sword mode, which charges fast and is not slow to hit with either. A far cry from a TCS.

Unless you're hunting something highly mobile like a Kirin you shouldn't have trouble looking for windows to get those two in and then a third one for the SAED. It's really not a demanding weapon, with a very comfortable moveset and high mobility as well due to the slides and overall high movement speed, you're going to be pretty safe most of the time since there's no good reason to use Axe mode for now, which is the more vulnerable mode.

You may feel it's shitposty to have brought it up out of the blue when defending the SA, but that's merely because those two seem to be the ones fighting over "I'm actually a hard weapon to use" role, whereas other weapons have a more set spot in the community's eyes.

On the "don't have to try", again, because CB is very comfortable to use, I've been playing since F2 and GS is a weapon I can't get into, whereas CB is just that, nice and easy. By that same logic Lance is easy to use as well due to how highly mobile and safe it is now, I've always been an evade Lancer and now it's just silly to not guard due to how good the advancing guard is at keeping you safe and mobile at the same time but at least Lance doesn't have the big punch CB does, it requires hyper-aggressivity to output its damage.

>you are so safe just blocking
You're playing Lance wrong. Don't tank shit, Lance is about poking constantly, using the shield to counter whatever comes at you so that you don't have to stop poking.

>all these master rank weapons going to come out with purple sharpness and all that jazz
>will eventually have to swap gae bolg out for something else
Is there any hope for a master rank gae bolg? I dont know how I'd IG if I didnt have those effects whenever i jump/airdodge

Attached: 1468967738287.jpg (526x490, 118K)

Its not the dmg what bothers me but being a sitting duck

Hope for weapon transmog?

G RANK EX BEHEMOTH
NOW WITH 5 METEORS EVERY PHASE AND HIS MOVE SET IS SPED UP BY 50%

Switch axe phial explosions don't get artillery damage, don't see why cb would

Never. Have an ugly iron IG with new monster bits on it.

So mod weapon transmog for PC?

>strenghtens explosive attacks like charge blade phials attacks

I know I'll have a hard time letting my Vaal set go, the 3-piece bonus is incredibly useful for shield users, it basically negates chip damagr by constantly regenerating your health, and outright eliminates the need for healing at all, allowing you to constantly hit on the monster without interruption.
Unless there is a lvl 4 deco that allows you to have the set bonus

Attached: b1c.jpg (1080x1145, 150K)

Here's hoping. I'd certainly want to keep using Geralt's fancy SnS.

SA mobility in World suffered quite a bit, when its side hop in sword mode was nerfed for some reason, but other than that it's really not more of a sitting duck than any other blademaster weapon that has no shield or foreskin slash. People who use weapons with some extra defensive options seem to forget that the other weapons which don't have those all equally rely on the basic dodge roll.

SAF isn't good, tonfa & magnet spike are the only weapons that mattered by the end

So is HH still meh and a literal handicap if you want to play solo?

Help me, crying cat. How do I not get one shot by AT Vaal?

Blood helped determine weak spots, when world added damage numbers that design cue most likely dropped off in importance.

TLDR. Bad design

9 HOURS

>gae bolg
I was under impression it's a trash IG only FF RPfags are using, is it not?

HH is perfectly fine, all you need is to not be as unga as Hammer mains.

You get a new armor skill that gives you basically constant 15% attack up as long as you counter with good timing, power guard now gives you guard up innately, and the claw counter is really fucking good

I remember you.
Being an autist who fell in love with Funlance and is completely unable to enjoy the game with another weapon because it feels bland in comparison is still a curse

Attached: e9e.jpg (680x950, 94K)

Played since FU, picked up at least one new weapon every game
>FU
Ham ham and Longsord, little tiny bit of sns
>Tri
Swax, more and
>4U
GS, but tried a few others
>World
LANCE HAHA!
Feels pretty good. Was thinking of picking up a ranged weapon too, but cant decide which.

Attached: 1565634264863.png (540x623, 561K)

not the crying cat user but basically this

Attached: 20190729134659_1.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

Dude just recolor the dust and stones to red lmao

There are far better options but its not trash either

>add wyrmstake to make gunlances more attractive
>it can only be used after an insanely long combo or a bad damage combo
>insanely long animation
>as a reward for doing those things it gives you laughably bad damage
>insult to injury it also needs to be reloaded with the slow reload because quick reload doesnt work on it
why

>that split-second freeze when you hit a monster's weak spot with a strong attack

Attached: 1475695824652.png (397x452, 190K)

DBs were very relevant as well, don't downplay those. Also, Swaxe did manage to clear all the musou content which is good enough. GL did too, which is funny when considering in all the work that goes into playing something like GS.

Of course Magspike/Tonfa/Para SnS will be actively relevant since Japs don't want to hit anything but a stationary monster.

>tfw Gunlance was the first weapon I picked back in F2 and powered through LR with it but ended up dropping it because of how you had zero mobility only to find LS and Hammer instead. I feel I betrayed it.

its far from optimal (no white sharpness, outpaced by taroth shit) but I still usually top team damage with it anyway

What does switch axe have to do with anything? Artillery increases damage of CB impact phials, on AED and bursts from guarding/gp with charged shield.

because in 4U it actually was fairly difficult to play against faster monsters, in World they sped up the sword mode significantly and monsters are way too susceptible to unga SAED.

Not in World.

Aren't we talking about the new mode that eats phials on charge blade? It's literally just switch axe's amped mode with secondary phial explosions on every hit.

>used lance and GS constantly as a wee tribabby
>now find both of them borderline unplayable

Is this what loss of innocence feels like?

Attached: 1447267166532.jpg (480x480, 14K)

impact phial damage on anything other than SAED is too low to matter

It's called "hitstop". Capcom loves that shit.

Attached: 165d02ead5430aabb56969428193e0f9.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

Then you heard bullshit because pendants are cosmetics.

god Dragons Dogma 2 when

With good reason, hitstops are fucking great. More people should make use of them

Gunlance in F2 was actually strong though, you didn't need mobility because you were the best turtling weapon in the game, guard upstabs did great damage in F2 (they were nerfed in FU and have been worthless since).

Soon.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-19 The devil within Hideaki Itsuno on 25 years at Capcom.png (690x233, 38K)

Itsuno wasn’t exactly subtle about Dragon’s Dogma 2 being his next project during DMC5 press, and if that interview with Reuben was true then Itsuno has complete control over the project this time. Only bad thing is that it only would have entered development a few months ago so it’s still a couple years away.

>Itsuno has complete control over the project this time
We're coming home, Moon bros.

>Itsuno has complete control over the project this time

Attached: 1564590270815.png (331x510, 195K)

Everytime someone posts a build in here it has at least 50% defense skills.
Do you really need them, especially in World?
The only defense skills i used were health boost (when Behemoth and the ATs just came out) and Tremor Res (AT Xeno in MP) and I didn't have any problems going through the game.
And I wouldn't say im good at the game, just average.

Its going to be epic, would sell like crap tho since all people seem to crave is another Skyrim

ive never been happier

That's what marketing is for, normalbastards wouldn't know any better

I mostly have fun with AT nerg now so being able to maybe not die if I eat one of his instakills is a good thing.

No, even health boost is a crutch since unless you're getting hit by Ancient Leshen's supernova you'll still survive with a sliver of hp

I've noticed the people who bitch the most about other weapon users are nine times out of ten lance users. I wonder why...

Healt is a must for me against AT monsters, other than that I have one built with four evasion decos and its kinda fun to dodge thongs you know they should have killed you. Never had any need for earplugs or tremor

I'd rather have a lancefag in my hunts than a gunlance subhuman or God forbid, a HH nigger

>Everytime someone posts a build in here it has at least 50% defense skills.
???
The h*ck are you talking about? It's all autistic offensive skill stacking in MH threads. It's also the reason why you see so many people complaining about AT fights or roars and tremors. People just follow the TAutistic meta, but unable to execute the fights as well and end up fucking up and complaining.

wasn't Deep Down meant to be the stealth Dragon's Dogma 2 project he had on the side?

pcgamer.com/au/amp/capcoms-hideaki-itsuno-wanted-to-resign-after-dmc-devil-may-cry-according-to-dantes-voice-actor/
>Hideaki Itsuno, director of the Devil May Cry series, wanted to resign from Capcom after DmC: Devil May Cry, according to the voice and motion capture actor for Dante.
>DmC: Devil May Cry released in 2013, five years after Devil May Cry 4. It was, as our review at the time said, a great game, but it was very different to anything else in the series. It was made by a different developer—Ninja Theory—and featured a redesigned Dante.
>In an interview with YouTube channel Toy Bounty Hunters, picked up by Game Fragger, actor Reuben Langdon claimed that Itsuno was "not happy" with the change of direction, and was "ready to leave Capcom" following its release.
>"I think he put in his resignation and then they said 'wait, you’re a valuable guy, we don’t want you to leave. What can make you stay?'”
>Itsuno's "wishlist" included getting control of the Devil May Cry series for a new game, Langdon said.
>”Hats off to him for standing up and hats off for Capcom for going all out. They literally gave him everything he requested and wanted for this game, and it’s paying off," he said, in a reference to the recently-released Devil May Cry 5, which is brilliant.

Supposedly this wishlist also included Dragon’s Dogma 2. Reuben Langdon is fucking crazy and believes in aliens and shit, but otherwise he’s an honest guy and doesn’t say things he doesn’t believe aren’t true, so I think there’s a very good chance that DD2 (which we know is happening from Itsuno’s teases and the fact that a DD anime is in the works) will be done similarly to DMC5 in that they give Itsuno free reign to make whatever the fuck he wants because he’s proven time and time again that his games make money and he’ll leave the company if they don’t give him what he wants.

I usually eat for Felyne Moxie in fights like these.
I mean, I can see the appeal in defensive skills, but for me it always worked better to go all out offensive, so I can kill the monster quicker and stagger more easily.
I only use the least amount of necessary defensive skills in every Monster Hunter. Some monsters are just way easier with Tremor Res for example.
I guess it really depends on your playstyle.
I would love to use evasion skills, but I don't want to give up my offensive skills.

What do you mean? Barely anyone plays Lance. It's not flashy enough.

No, that was a completely original project by COG, the Frontier guys.

Nah, I think that was an Ono thing, not Itsuno

Just use a shield, bro.

Think they'll do a multimedia push with DD2 and include a crossover in iceborn down the line?

True, but that doesn't stop it being fun as fuck.

The only real difficulty is figuring out which attacks you can sidestep and learning to anticipate the ones you can't and sheath first. Still, it's a nice middle ground weapon - not too slow but still hits fairly solidly, not too overpowered or gimmicky so you actually feel like you earned your victories, fairly versatile with some nice high attacks, and the flow of play keeps you moving back and forth between the two modes so it doesn't feel repetitive.

The point of axe mode isn't to be good, it's your 'off' mode while sword is recharging.

Attached: Pressing RT with switchaxe.gif (400x225, 951K)

DD2 is too far away

That would be the absolute best outcome possible

I used Health Boost when fighting monsters like these for the first time, because you don't lose out on too much.

I think evasion is a fun skill to have, if it weren't so expensive to slot in, I would try to run it too.
In MH4U i always tried to have Evasion +1 on my LS.

Not when I'm here. I mostly see defensive skill stacking. But i don't think you should invest too hard in defensive skills, it just drags the fights out and the longer you have to fight, the more mistakes you make.
Also some unnecessary stacking on some sets, like Evasion + Earplugs/TremorRes for example.
I think defensive skills are fine, but you shouldn't have too many.

>Not when I'm here.
Well, you ARE here now and nobody's posting defensive builds.

I don't see DD2 happening during the time Iceborne will receive things.

Get effluvia resistance and an armor with decent defense, and vitality 3.
I don't recall AT Vaal being able to oneshot anyone with 200 HP, even his vape laser doesn't oneshot you. In doubt, try eating for elemental resist.

Why not make both modes good, tho? Instead of shit and not shit?

>played hours of MH
>still cant figure out how to combo when monsters still do all kinds of moves
I know they have tells, its more like "oh look an opening lemme do a thing, wait no its starting up a new attack now after 2 swings, but i cant cancel out of this attack now im fucked". How does one cure retardation?

I want to swing around a powerful axe. Switch Axe or Charge Blade?

keep trying
what weapon are you using?

Know your weapon and know the monster, and you're sure to win.
Practice and patience, user.

Do you mean CB?

Which beatstick are you taking to the monster?

great sword

Well, you're shit out of luck, user. Axe mode with both weapons sucks absolute ass in World.

but mhxx CB sucks and is only passable with valor

Have you tried suppressing your urge to unga smash big dino and actually paying attention to the way it moves, how it reacts to your positioning, the blind spots in its attacks, when it's not safe to follow up an attack, etc.

Why do you even want defensive builds? What's fun about being able to tank the hardest?

Attached: 1stGen_and_2ndGen-Great_Sword_Render_008.png (275x853, 131K)

someone post that pic

Vaal's hammer.

Attached: 1563103395444.jpg (1240x733, 353K)

>first cuteposter in the thread is also a SA brainlet
who couldve guessed

Switch axe, and no, im not just doing wild swing all over, more like, trying to find that good moment to get that full, combo into sword then do sword shit, but get fucked before i can get a few hits in, usually because monster has changed up from whatever window between last attack/thing it did

Ive tried, but sometimes it feels like they just do whatever in their moveset, not really a specific pattern of attacks

Because then you don't get to monologue at the monster about how you're not even using 100% of your full power yet.

Or if you want a serious answer, axe mode is good at softening up weak points before going sword mode and smashing them one after another to chain staggers and downed states. It can spread a lot of damage around multiple limbs at once with wild swing. It's also got better mobility: Instead of just limping around whenever your weapon is out like a lance or GL user, you have the option to use your more damaging mode and limp, or use the less powerful mode that still lets you jog around.

Attached: 1564738669544m.jpg (1024x789, 171K)

There is your problem
Dont use SA

>Why do you even want defensive builds?
Not sure if you replied to the wrong post or what, but I never said I did or even implied anything of the sort.

Not if you have experience with previous MHs, though It's a good foundation for the series. Wait for Iceborne.

I'll bite, what should i use?
GS? LS? Horn? Hammer?

that is actually fucking gross

>trying to find that good moment to get that full, combo into sword then do sword shit.
You don't get openings big enough to do all of that at once usually unless you start staggering and smashing parts at the right time. What you should be aiming for is learning to step and hop through the monster's moves safely and picking up your combo again without skipping a beat.

I really liked how the Halberd looked but I remember it being pretty shit.

It improves a bunch of things but screws up some too, but Iceborne looks like it’s addressing most of the issues World had. If you’ve never played MH before then it’s a good starting point but if you have played MH before it’s best to wait for Iceborne.

LS is a pretty safe start for begginers, youll see the game in a new light with that

Since you use SA, GS is probably the easiest of the bunch, but you'll run on the same timing problems, but at least you can tackle attacks.

Pandemonium's Root

It was pretty solid in Gen, not the top tier, but definitely not shit.

I tried it for a while, but everyone uses it and i feel like im just using it because everyone else does, i tried the sword and board and dual blades too for a bit but couldnt get the right hang of them, switch axe had a nice mix of feeling meaty with some nice mechanics but later monsters get complex enough that it becomes harder to get timing perfect and somehow my pea brain cannot adapt to it, so i just keep bashing my head into the wall hoping itll break

why does the switch axe get so much hate? i just use it in MHW because it just clicked with me and it feels good to use. i like hopping off cliffs to mount them and get those explosions

I think it was FU, where it had decent raw but goddawful sharpness.

Then try the insect glaive, it pretty fun and its easy to evade monsters with it
Just dont be a retard that jumps constantly, work in your ground combos

>get so much hate
What hate is it getting? Saying that it's bad is not hate. It's the truth.

yes. its a great game. if you have never played an MH game before, and if you make MHW your first you won't be able to live with the old ones. they're not different/better to the extent that its worth putting up with the tiny areas and huge load times while chasing monsters around hitting them for who knows how much damage for 20+ minutes without any info being supplied by the game. also if you never played any of the older games you won't have the autistic attachment to various monsters that most people here are obsessed with. theyre literally gameplay functions, who gives a shit. if they provide fun interactions then thats all they need to do

TLDR

>old monhun
good gameplay
awkward everything else

>new monhun
different gameplay
objectively better everything else

Don't listen to what anybody says and don't feel like you are "abusing" a weapon or whatever. Just play whatever feels right.
I play LS, CB and Bow and I'm having fun. I don't care if people call me weeb, abuser, whatever.
I just play whatever is fun to me.
Don't look at what other people are playing, just find the right weapon for you and if it's the most popular weapon, so be it.

Try lance. Easy to pick up but also good. With it you should be attacking nonstop and can just cancel into counter or power guard whenever the monster attacks.

>Hitting triangle+circle at the perfect moment to pop a teammate up into the air so they can mount.
>Chaining multiple zero-sum's after the first one knocks the monster down.
>Standing in front of a monster and popping a zero-sum in the air in front of you that goes off and breaks it's parts to interrupt it's charge.
SA is made of epic moments.

doesn't seem bad to me, cunt.

hammerchads are always the best, always carrying. prove me wrong

Do you think they'll ever bring prowler back? It was basically a new weapon class and no one cared about it, probably because it was kinda shit.

>objectively
Everyone that uses objectively is always an insufferable faggot.

>always carting*
Fixed

Who knows? I personally found the whole idea fun but I don't see it being a thing outside of Generations-style games.

>shit talks people that say objectively
>speaks in absolutes using different words

what a tard. objectively disabled lol

>new monhun
>objectively better everything else
I wouldn't go that far. Stuff like the music has been absolutely substandard so far (with some exceptions), and although the graphics themselves are way better than before everything else about the visual design is overall worse.

It was fun but unless they give it some more depth I don’t want it back. It’s a cool idea and if they aren’t gonna go all out and do it properly I’d rather not have it at all until they can implement it in a not half assed manner. Kinda like swimming, it was a cool idea but in practice just not that fun.

I see I am proved right.

go tune up your wheelchair, untermensch

Fuckload better than tri

Hammer is pretty simple to figure out but the emphasis on efficiently smacking things in the head will go a long way towards drilling good fundamentals into your play

With enough time you'll go from relying on the superpound to preemptively triple pounding so the monster moves straight into your golfswing

>World better than Tri
Next you’re gonna tell me that Nergigante and Lunastra aren’t the exact same fight.

Thatls because you've never used a good weapon, retard.

I did. It's called Switch Axe, cunt.

god mode.

lol

Who killed your goldfish, you little shit?

Attached: 1564631625040.png (200x193, 61K)

M8, are you seriously trying to tell metafags they're wrong?
These people will stick to their meta even if only the top 1% of players are skilled enough to actually use that meta effectively, and they'll act just as arrogantly about it regardless of if they're a member of that 1% of players or not. These are people who think that just using the same weapon a streamer said was the best means they're good at the game. You're not gonna change their mind and all that responding to metafaggotry is gonna do is cause a pissing contest between two people who can't even see one another's dicks. Don't waste your time.

MHW is a good foundation but its a game that gets weaker and weaker as it continues. It has a nice quick pace initially (except for the unskipable cutscene shit), and even its lack of challenge can mitigated by not upgrading but halfway the pace drags to a halt and you have to grind to just to progress, and it gets weaker and weaker from there, I hope you like an endgame of fighting only the same 4 monsters in the same area, over and over.

4U and GU are better, but I have hopes for Iceborne

Stop being a faggot, no one is making fun of your favorite weapon pussy. It is extremely flawed compared to weapons that hit harder, faster and have great defensive options. I main DBs for fucks sake, don't try and play your "boohoo fuck metafags" shit on me.

>the absolute state of shrieking Switchbabies
LMAO

You shouldn't compare an HR game with G rank ones, they just never have good and challenging content.

Who's saying anything about meta, you prancing lala homo man? It is no secret that SA is overly flawed.

>he says as he mains healslut sns
lmao

7 HOURS 40 MINUTES UNTIL TRAILER

It's a horribly designed weapon in world, axe mode has literlaly no point and is absolute terrible to use, and that's half of your weapon.

Too much

Attached: 1555192605239.jpg (700x720, 42K)

Bros, what if there's no trailer? What if it's some other Capcom thing?

Its not about the challenge, its about the pacing and the grind, especially the investigation bullshit.

It was way better when you could just fight keyquests to unlock other keyquests.

I would rather that MHW be a short game with a small roster than a padded out long game with a small roster

Who cares? Brachy is in, that's all we need.

Tri is literally unplayable because of the crap hardware so I don't really think you have an argument

Purists dislike world because it finally moved beyond the series turboautistic roots

you are completely fucking wrong. axe mode dominates, and that uppercut is probably the best move in the game.

Don't

>I would rather that MHW be a short game with a small roster than a padded out long game with a small roster
you can make any game like this a short game by just not playing it, that doesn't make any sense...

The adults are talking, user.

I'm not even going to fish out a reaction pic for this

fucking lmao

Attached: 1522675846483.jpg (334x500, 124K)

Why would you make such an idiotic post?

What if Brachy aint in either? What if it's some other green slime motherfucker and they wanted to do a gotcha moment.

People wouldn't buy Iceborne then

It’s a satisfying move as are most of SA’s moves, but they’re not good in terms of DPS. That’s what I’m assuming people are saying when they say SA is bad.

>you can make any game like this a short game by just not playing it

What was even the point of this post?

In a game like Monster Hunter, you can reasonably stop playing as soon as you beat the story. They've gone out of their way to state that everything after Xeno is optional additional content for players who want to stick around. For players like me who enjoy monsters like AT Nerg/Xeno then it's fine but if you wanted to end after Xeno then you have the right to.

Because you play with brain dead idiots who have no idea what they are doing. World has attracted casuals and DS brainlets who have no idea how the core function of the game works. I've been a switch axe user since it was available a few gens ago and have fainted perhaps 20 odd times in several playthroughs of different games, including world.

Tldr: stop playing with casuals. If you're getting hit, you aren't a good player. Potions are a last resort

imagine capcom just showing new brachy gameplay in the trailer and that's it.
no other new monsters.
would you be satisfied?

Basically what said, it’s not something any company would ever do if they wanted people to actually buy their product. But assuming they did for some reason, I’d be moderately disappointed because Brachydios is cool but I’d also think it was hilarious, especially looking here at the kinds of posts you’d see from butthurt Brachydios fans after the trailer dropped.

absolutely not, i've been hunting brachy for like 8 years

lol shut the fuck up bitch

>i only got carted 20 times in several generations

jesus. i mean lying is pathetic no matter what, but imagine lying about this of all things

Sure looks like someone touched a nerve.

>pic related

Attached: 1510768626587.png (664x520, 177K)

We've already seen that Iceborne has at least 26 additional monsters.

That is not even close to addressing the point that is being made.
'Post-game' is not being discussed, but the goddawful pacing of the story, with forced expeditions to gather tracks.

What if Brachydios gameplay is shown in the trailer, it looks great, then all of a sudden Zinogre shows up, but before he can do anything cool Brachydios punches him so hard he’s sent flying back to the Old World and then Brachydios turns to the camera and winks while a NEVER EVER face can be seen on Zinogre in the distance?

People sure get mad when they get called on their metafaggotry, huh?

How many of those are variants?

Oh yeah that gathering tracks shit sucked, the games story would be like 2x better without it. But I don't feel like the game was long or overstayed its welcome, though I agree that the padding was a weird and stupid decision.

Would be based, to top it all off Brachydios should groan and the subtitles should say "Fuck Tri and fuck P3rd"

I used to hate roaming the maps freely in order to unlock investigations, but I realised that the maps are quite alive, and if you take a moment to stop and look around, there's a lot of interesting things happening, or to notice.
Besides, it's quite relaxing to just explore the maps without rushing an objective, and just fish, look for rare animals, or whatever.
There's something really peaceful about a few places in rotten vale, but I can't put my finger on it

Attached: 1564621989355.jpg (792x621, 84K)

Legiana, Jho, Bazel, Nerg for 100% certain ones but there's a few more

Shitposting just because you can doesn't make it right, user.

i just gathered tracks while doing some optional quests and upgrading my gear.
and i think thats how it was meant to be.
a friend of mine just gathered tracks and he wasn't any faster than me with his progress.

Gamescom's Opening Night Live is 7 hours away and there's a "world premiere" from Capcom
There's also two MHW Iceborne specific presentation on the following 2 days

What if the trailer is on the last presentation

Attached: 1517246058746.png (890x890, 534K)

Do you mean 'variant' variants, or variations of monsters including subspecies?

>What if the trailer is on the last presentation
You know it'll be.

>What if the trailer is on the last presentation
Suicide by water bottle
That's what I did and thought it was for, don't get all the ruckus about it.

I’d say at least 6. World had a trophy for 50 Elder Dragon hunts and there were only 7 of them at launch, and Iceborne has an achievement for 30 Variant hunts. Based on monsters we already have Variants for that are in World or Iceborne I think so far we’ve got; Shrieking Legiana, Ruiner Nergigante, Rusted Kushala Daora, Savage Deviljho and Raging Brachydios. That’s 5, and I’m certain Bazelgeuse will get one too so he can mirror Deviljho even further. Any more than that would be less likely but a welcome surprise.

And that's fine when you're doing it out of your own volition, not when the story demands you do it.

Same with the tutorial gathering quests in old MonHun, they're not bad by themselves, the problem is that you must do them.

In my experience those who stayed swaxe in 4U weren't the brain dead ones since they were the swaxe vets.
My buddy was also a swaxe though so.... I guess my opinion is skewed from pugs.

Don't give him (You)s, fool. He'll feel validated.

It wasn't as bad initially but on the replay with a new weapon it absolutely kills the pace. You want to get to the powerful monsters but fuck you, gotta find those tracks

What needs to be made right, exactly, about a bunch of anons outing themselves by getting angry?

Rusted Kushala and Raging Brachydios probably aren't in.

Didn't they drop a trailer before the E3 presentation?

lance is the most masculine weapon
change my mind

that i definitely agree on.

World gutted hop lbg too. All the hopping playstyle fused into this weird and fun Bow dancing playstyle/rotation, but I miss a more classic bow. I guess lance still could hop like that... but most peeps I saw just spammed deja vu.

I honestly pref generation to world, despite liking it. Is that weird?

>'why does SA get so much hate? ;^;'
>'it's just not that great'
>'no it's not, you cunt'
>'it's really flawed'
>'metafags, metafags. Got'em'
Why are you like this?

That's not even the monster he's swinging at, proves OP's case. Poor dude is trying, but some thinking tasks are too hard for some.

Why? Raging maybe because Brachydios himself is only being added with Iceborne but what’s stopping Rusted Kushala? There’s always the option of adding them post launch too.

The bowgun mechanics in general took a turn for the worse. I don't mind the safety vs power dichotomy of LBG/HBG but shit like Recoil/Reload stats isn't consistent like it used to be, critical distance spacing is fucked too.

Why are you quoting all that other user's posts like they're mine?
I just told him not to bother arguing with people stuck in their meta mindset.
You realize that not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person, right?

>step 1: △△△
>step 2: △△△
>step 3: △△o
>step 4: powergaurd
>step 5: see step 1

Attached: 1520024975606.jpg (435x435, 97K)

I imagine Teostra and his faggot wife will also get a variant to not fall off, the variants will probably also suck dick

Didn't you hear? Masculinity has started to be toxic since 2018. Should swap if that's the case, you wouldn't want to end up in the hospital.

Mildly related, how combustible do you think gender fluid is?

How long till Gamescom trailer/news?

um no
the correct nomenclature is actually Surashu Akusu(スラッシュアックス) or Slash Axe for those of you who do not speak the language nippongo

doesn't make you any less of a whiny retard

7 hours

From the little we’ve seen Shrieking Legiana actually looks like it’s had a lot more effort put into it than past variants, so my hopes are actually high. It’d be cool if the older variants got some new stuff to bring them up to par with the new ones.

I agree
For one i love fighting Jinouga with my Dinovaldo Charge Axe

Thank you kindly!

Savage Jho was great so i have no idea what you're talking about, all that Legiana got is a new attack and lingering AOEs

Wow, that really did hit a nerve, didn't it?
Are you insecure because your DPS isn't as high as your favorite streamers is, user?

>Jinouga
>Dinovaldo
>Charge Axe
You can always judge a man based on what he calls the monsters. I approve of your life choices fellow user.

>not having infinite lifepowder

lmao you are such a cuck, happy grinding, virgin.

As I said, I play DBs but i'm literally not retarded enough to claim that their great weapons. Just take the fact that switch axe is flawed like a man, you sound like a pussy. Plus they're giving it new moves and movement options, so take it and drop the conversation already. Your shitty witty remarks do nothing for you and only make you look even more like a bitch.

Something tells me he was making fun of the guy he was responding to.

Switch Axe is only functional in classic MH.

>just want to swing an axe about because axe mode is my favorite move set in the game
>UH ACTUALLY WE WILL ONLY BUFF SWORD MODE NOW SO JUST SPAM THAT DULL MOVE SET FOR BEST DAMAGE

Attached: 1425369696886.png (800x800, 95K)

>Why are you quoting all that other user's posts like they're mine?
To establish the situation? Can't really do that efficiently if it's only your post.

They buffed axe mode though user...

It's fine, user. Who cares about the meta? The game will still be beatable with only Axe mode.

and way more boring. World somehow made the weapon feel more fun and way more flawed at the same time.

Axe Mode got like 20% more damage on the uppercut and downards chop, and a new Wild Swing finisher that buffs your flinch rate for a while

I actually hate a shitload of the changes to MHW.

>Great Sword
>Tons of power taken out of basic draw attacks and level 3 charge
>all power put into True Charge
>Either that or you do the ledge strategy bullshit

>LBG and HBG feel like shit in World

>Bows I'm kind of on the fence about, I did prefer the old style of bowing though. It is pretty fun to use the charge dodging though

>Hammer felt kind of neutered.

>SnS is fun, but losing out on the jumping attack baseline sucks a big limp dick

>Never really cared for Switch Axe

>Charge Blade shield buff lasting for multiple saeds just turns it into unga bunga blade

>DB is basic as fuck, as usually, spam demon dance on cooldown

I never said that it was. I just offered advice on using it. You and the other mad metafags are the ones who claimed I'd said anything about it being better then anything else. I guess you guys needed to pretend to be arguing against something, otherwise it'd just look like you all got triggered.

What was the last step again?

Tag which post was yours and I can show you where how you being a bitch caused people to make fun of you.

What's the bets on surprise returning monsters boys?

Wouldn't be mad if they brought back Yian Garuga. Fuck cuck-ku though.

You forgot to whine over GL

>Charge Blade shield buff lasting for multiple saeds just turns it into unga bunga blade
On the other hand, would depleting your shield really improve the weapon?

>>SnS is fun, but losing out on the jumping attack baseline sucks a big limp dick
4U did that though, shit sucks

Yes, that is Ryozo's will

>>Tons of power taken out of basic draw attacks and level 3 charge
They literally buffed it back to normal by the time Kulve was out

Fuck those faggots.
Give me thunder puppy and his girlfriend.

Attached: 1565097628070.png (800x600, 408K)

yes, it made it a little more restrained

Kut-ku is great, you faggot.

Based Iceborne fixed CB

I really prefer GS now, always hated it was absolutely hit and run, except valor GS that actually had a fuckton of mobility.
Also I like tackling incoming attacks.

Nah we need Rathian's bastard child and Steve to complete the "Cuck Rathalos" cycle.

WAKEY WAKEY KUT KU IT'S TIME FOR YOUR DAILY BEATINGS

Attached: e1c104dd672351e671dcf47b45c8371d.png (500x500, 504K)

Reminder that the devs have already said they want every single monster to be adapted for the new style eventually so that old monster you hate is inevitable.

>Najarala
NO
NO
NO
Actually now that they have good hardware they could probably make it work

>>DB is basic as fuck, as usually, spam demon dance on cooldown
only point I agree with, although using slinger with it in IB makes it feel wayyy better
>>Charge Blade shield buff lasting for multiple saeds just turns it into unga bunga blade
maybe against base world monsters but AT Nerg made that an unviable option while also being a fun/ tense as hell fight. looking forward to more stuff like that from IB
>>Never really cared for Switch Axe
then why'd you list it in "changes i hate in World" lol
>>Hammer felt kind of neutered.
blatantly and objectively untrue, world hammer a fucking nuke on a stick and has great options for pretty much any situation, not to mention increased mobility and powering up charge
>>LBG and HBG feel like shit in World
standing still and spamming shoot while watching monster die in droves was not fun or interesting, the way they have it in world is way more fun and engaging, if anything a bit too strong
>>Great Sword
>>Tons of power taken out of basic draw attacks and level 3 charge
>>all power put into True Charge
>>Either that or you do the ledge strategy bullshit
FUCKING GOOD, greatsword has been lvl3 charge head for more than a decade, giving the weapon more options was a much needed change of pace, not to mention ledgesword got nerfed in iceborne

You're just adding more busywork to the weapon, though. If you want to limit the SAED spam I'm sure there's something else that can be done. Putting the vials on cooldown and making Axe mode's bursts better to make it a choice between going all out but paying for it or being able to continue using them in Axe?

>Every monster
I can already hear seeting over how Valstrax was made easier or how it lost its soul

AT Nerg is perfectly UNGABLE like every other monster, you just need to exploit openings

Because anyone who understands how to actually play IG also understands that it fucking sucks

>It's 2023, playing MHW:XX in VR
>Ancient Jungle
>Hear OOOHOOUUHUHH and f
>Turn around
>It's Congalala
>He turns around quickly
>His gaping, pulsating sphincter puckers at me in glorious HD
>Prepare myself for the inevitable
>Stand there, resigned to my fate
>In this moment, I am serene
>acceptance
>It's over in the blink of an eye
>The world reels. I faint, choking in a voluminous, greasy cloud of flatulence

Quest failed...returning to camp

Needing proper openings to do your shit is the opposite of unga

>perfectly UNGABLE
its plausable, but heavily discouraged. and its not unga if you managed to get it still enough for a SAED without using SAED. The fact that you NEED to expoit openings means the monster is actually doing its job.

There ya go, user. I'm sure you can find something in there you can use for damage control.

>make it a choice between going all out but paying for it or being able to continue using them in Axe?
the red shield being apart of the SAED cost actually did that though

Get away, you freak

Attached: monster-hunter-mochikawa-plush-yian-kutku-575923.1.jpg (1280x1280, 120K)

I bet you were rock hard while typing this out, you reprobate

Can’t wait for that VR accessory that generates scents in real time to match the game becomes a thing.

No, I played the japanese games too. It was a sincere +1 internet. I always kinda disliked Glavenus. Though the word play would've been lost in translation, I always thought Dinobald could have been a great English name.

There's a mod with a few different blood options, one looks similar to old games.

Yeah? And when will that happen? By World 3: Nostalgiaborne?

This post of your made you feel like a faggot. The guy who said clearly didnt get we were talking about how good the weapon is not how much we like it. In a conversation of how good it is, us saying its bad and giving reasons all thread does not make us metafags. You pretty much called everyone who was talking about the viability of the weapon a metafag which made you look like even more of a retard than this guy . I recommend following the conversation line before you make a post.

Attached: 1556996773707.png (399x400, 44K)

Are you a shill, user?

>it's good that Lv3 has been neutered, it gives GS more options
>options being TCS or bust

The only japanese monster name that I absolutely like way more over the english is also Dinovaldo, and also thought Glavenus didn't make much sense to me personally. Nice to see a case of internet sincerity tho.

Come on, IG is not that bad.

Level 3 was buffed like 2 months after release, and so was so was the second version of the charge attack. Just because you can't unga run up and press △ and get an absurd amount of damage off doesn't mean GS was neutered. I incorporate regular level 3 slashes in my gameplay all the time and if you refuse to thats literally your fault, not the games.

>options being TCS or bust
>when it only gets its full power once you go through the other two charge slashes normally instead of skipping them

You're both retarded since they un-nerfed the draw charge attack shortly after the console release
Same update that made Foresight Slash stupidly safe

Just saying Dinovaldo to myself feels retarded.

Is it just me or HBG the most brain dead weapon in mhw?
>shoot
>shoot
>monster got stunned
>bombs away
>shoot
>shoot
>repeat

>He actually did damage control even after being called on it.
You're real invested in this, huh?

>attack
>attack
>monster falls down
>attack the head
>repeat

So are Bowguns OP only because of glutton spread?

>head
>not cutting the tail

Use piercing gun if you want more engaging gameplay. It is pretty fun to roll to the right angle and shoot away.

eat cheerios user, they counter that effect

>Give me your posts and I'll call you out
>sure, here they are
>*calls you out*
>wow, you called me out. You sure are triggered

>attack
>try to hit in on head with Big Iron
>Faggot called "Ichigo" or "someother fag weeb name with a memesword sweeps you out of the way
>he does 23 damage
>try to Big Bang it again
>weeb fag still not cutting the fucking tail like he should be
>tripped again by memesword as you charge up

Jesus christ I fucking hate longsword/Greatsword fags who don't even know what they're doing.

my hammer set has permanent flinch free deco'd in because hammer is the weapon to hate teammates

No. Standard Hame still applies as usual with MH This means HBG that can deal massive damage with a single status BG locking down the monster
There's also cluster ammo on HBG that shits hard on monsters, LBG has amazing mobility and Bow has huge damage with top mobility.

>Is it just me or HBG the most brain dead weapon in mh*
yes, you are correct
I could've easily not wasted my time to blow you the fuck out, but I wanted to show you how fucking stupid and whiny you looked to your face so somehow you can come out a better and more able person. Read conversation lines, they'll save you from getting embarrassed.

Attached: 1544690923589.jpg (743x729, 154K)

If you're not wearing Flinch Free in multiplayer with randoms you're gonna get shit on with trips, not really anything new
Powercharge should totally give Lv1 Flinch Free all the time though not just when holding R

That brings me back
>hammer with randoms
>I stun the monster
>I start attacking the head
>DB runs to the head as well and just starts demon dancing on it, not letting me do shit
What the fuck is wrong with randoms?

it's an actual challenge to kill stuff every now and then

Randoms don't know what hitzones are

>Lunastra falls down
>Cutting weapon random always goes for the head

Tbh I'm surprised flinching stayed in for World. Like people have pointed out, 9/10 times randoms are absolute shitters who'll bumrush the monster's head and given the hammerbro an aneurysm

Attached: 1551797602401.jpg (750x872, 62K)

this
in FU i played LS, SnS and Hammer
In world i went with CB, HH and Hammer again.

>monster trips and falls, giving me a chance to attack the head
>2 - 3 blademasters cut the tail making the monster get up 2x earlier than it would have
AAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1510022928702.gif (200x200, 470K)

Yeah, maybe. That "blunt" skill really helped some low sharpness weapons to get back into thanks to their high effective raw. Or close to the meta at any rate.

>monster fall down
>both me and another random guy are using hammer
>we both rush to the head
THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE FAGGOT

without it the game wouldn't be frustrating enough to be called monhun though

Swaxe bros are based.
LS and IG fags need to go though.

AND IT'LL BE ME, FUCKER

Attached: 1509817512392.jpg (225x225, 9K)

They did reduce a lot of knockdown shit but not flinching
Like Lance charge only knocks people onto their asses instead of sending them flying, same with GL shelling except for Wyvernfire
Oddly, combined with the removal of the Kick, it's made several weapons unable to save people from Paralysis unless you bring small bombs with you

>the other guy doesn't have a level of flinch free gemmed in and keeps getting staggered by my big bang when he tries to initiate his

Attached: Tazar.jpg (500x617, 92K)

Lunastra is especially bad for Hammer bros.
All the shitters see grey damage numbers and attack the head cause it's orange, not knowing the wings and tail are weaker and the head is for H/HH bros to bonk the cunt unconscious so she stops setting "IchiigoPuccySlayerx" on fire

The tarred areas on Gogmazios become softer if you use a fire weapon to make them flow!

Attached: EBRyfJqUIAcw1dx.png (1280x960, 1.43M)

>tfw charging for an uppercut the moment I see someone else go towards the head

>be Lancefag
>You're always in the right hitzone and you can hit from angles others can't, easily avoiding tripping them
Another reason it's the perfect weapon.

So I'm really tired of HBG and I'm only 46 hours in. not even concluded the story. what's a fun weapon?

Never played World, opinions on SnS and HH?

JUST CHECK THE FUCKING HITZONE VALUES IN THE INGAME MONSTER GUIDE YOU SHITTERS, god that pisses me off.

Attached: 1508041146469.jpg (540x540, 20K)

I don't understand how the switch axe doesn't have some kind of synergetic feedback loop between the two modes. It feels like if charge blade spent more than a few seconds at a time in axe mode, it would basically be what switch axe wishes it could be.

Both are getting fixed in IB because they have pretty big issues.

Hammer is peak Monster Hunter.

All of them are.
Dedicated support sluts.

it was absolutely retard strong in 4U but it's trash in world

Hammer and HH. There's just something so satisfying about braining a monster with a big ungabunga stick.

Incidentally, it's very mobile too.

Lance counting the furthest thing you're hitting can fuck you over sometimes like on Behemoth or a small Uragaan

Take your shitty 7 defense garbage somewhere else.

New weapons tend to be good the game they get introduced in, then they realize they were too good and get nerfed to the ground, CB in mhg and IG in both.

To be honest, weak spot or not, you want to hit the EDs on the head to topple them.
No excuse for bladed weapons going for the head instead of the wings when Luna's down though.

>Shrews must eat 80-90 % of their own body weight in food daily. Most will starve to death if deprived of food for half a day. They eat anything available, but prefer small animals
Here is your real life Deviljho

Attached: Sorex_minutus_palm.jpg (2272x1704, 1.01M)

Iceborne HH is both superfun and looking pretty damn viable as a solo weapon, World HH less so.

SnS in world is for literal mercy mains, that is to say trannies and brainlets to realize that MH isnt an MMO.

>trusting the hunter's handbook
that shit is so non-informative that it isn't even worth looking at. who decided to use a 3* system to convey a 0-100 scale?

CB was introduced in 4 not 4U and it was absolutely garbage

Not really I am the same.

I wish Bow had more focus on charging the attacks instead of anime dashing.

Dash should retain charge not level it up.

>That one clip where the HH bro bonks Tigrex on the head for 700+ damage

Attached: 838496.jpg (531x471, 44K)

youtube.com/watch?v=h-ZZldb1IFw
>he doesn't know

At least for Teo, kush and vaal you can just do 3 or 4 optional quests in their respective areas and be done. No track gathering needed

For whatever reason they seem to like to keep things obfuscated. It's odd that they add damage numbers but not separate out how much comes from raw versus elemental when hitting a particular body part.

The "Full Power" is so minimal you just rush to TCS anyway.

We can't all get our hitzones easily, user. Not to mention we're talking about when she's down, in which case there's no excuse.
True but its decent enough to show which part you'll be doing the most damage to, Lunastras show her wings take 3* dmg from blades while the head is 2. There should be no reason if the monster is down for them not to know to attack the wings.

Attached: sweat happy.jpg (300x300, 47K)

The best axes in Monster Hunter are still hammers that look like axes.

Do quests in the correct areas and find 1 print before finishing, you get a massive bonus to the bar
People who grind that shit out with nothung but expeditions are retarded

Elaborate, ×^!%#.
What's wrong with HH?

>Nergigante is the only "roaming" ED in World that doesn't use the Kushala Daora skeleton
Where the fuck did we go so wrong holy shit

>legitimately one of the most interesting weapon in terms of buffs and potential in the beta
Our time is now.

Attached: 1522714177150.jpg (700x713, 40K)

>Astalos and Vaal Hazak hammers
Still the best

No good solo damage and capcoms unwillingness to treat it like a weapon with support capabilities as opposed to a support weapon

Not in Iceborne, they gutted uncharged TCS so hard that it basically hits like a regular lv3 now, while buffing regular and strong charges.

Using IG optimally is fucking boring is why, when I play IG i want to leap around in the air, not sit on the ground and play it like a butchered longsword.

It looks like some skills in IB are getting more detailed numbers instead of vague description like "slightly increases".

>that music
Please don't tell me that music is from the actual game?

Attached: 1270159604611.png (256x239, 6K)

The jump from portable to console without the ability to drag and drop everything from the older games up, Kush's skeleton has the most ED's attached to it so its the most bang for your buck in terms of content. MH6 is most likely going to have a bunch of leviathans for similar reasons.

do you guys not uppercut before you start banging?
Whenever i see some bladefag on the head of the downed monster, my first priority is to send his ass flying. I don't care about the damage, fuck off. That's my spot and you can go and poke his asshole until the tail falls of or smth.

yes, it unfortunately is

No damage.

I'm more of a Ceanataur guy but the Astalos axe is pretty sweet as well. Too bad I don't like the deviantart dragon.

All the replies to that post were good and provided some insight into the game and their opinions on it, except for these two, where they act like autistic petulant children

It's an official self cover of the Tower theme, this is the music that plays when you fight Tigrex in Iceborne
youtube.com/watch?v=6zDCrUYpQic&t=109s

My fucking god they massacred my boy's music

Attached: ANGEREYBOBBY.jpg (479x479, 32K)

>the only "roaming" ED in World that doesn't use the Kushala Daora skeleton
It's not World's problem. Up until 4th gen most of them were kushala clones. And some were fatty clones.

>THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE FAGGOT
user, making mochi is a group activity
youtube.com/watch?v=2HKnHnUk0S8

HH has such monumentally low DPS that its support capabilities almost never make up for the opportunity cost of using it over another weapon. Its speedrun times are like 5 times slower than top weapons, it is crazy bad.

How strong is this in GL levels?

Attached: 11823789383.jpg (800x479, 90K)

Even back in 2nd gen we had Chameleos who was completely unique

Thankfully HH is getting massive buffs

Attached: 13johJ3.jpg (432x585, 173K)

~3.50

>I never get influenced by other peoples opinions, nope not once in my life. Every choice i've ever made was 100% me with no external factors contributing to said choice.
trying to act like you have wisdom makes you seem even more like literal children

Capcom got fucking lazy. 7 monsters in World use the Rath skeleton for fucks sake, and almost all of their fights play out the same way. Gen Dos and Tri at least added new skeletons and monster types. What the hell did World do? It shoved a shitty siege monster in our face that you have to complete twice, and it takes at least 20 minutes each time.

Chameleos is just crouching kushala.

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Even in gen 5 we had Nerg, who was comletely unique
you sound silly user

Legiana is my wife

Retard

They added the Odogaron skeleton
Used exclusively for shitty fucking monsters up until Iceborne where they seem to have decided to make Odo not a joke

Chameleos used the Kushala skeleton in 2nd gen, he just had mostly unique animations. 4th gen gave him a unique skeleton though.

What's so bad about SnS? It's gotten some pretty cool moves.

To put it into perspective, Frontier is the only game that bothered going past Lv5 shelling to begin with. We can't tell how good Lv6 is without actually having any numbers, but Artillery has what, five levels now? Probably the strongest shells have ever been.

On the other hand, that GL has 270 true raw (class modifier is 2.3x) when the G-Rank benchmark is usually around 300 or better for raw weapons.

Yeah? Nergigante is the Chameleos of the situation since he's the only dragon that isn't a recolored Kushala

Nerg is more or less Gore in normal mode.
Doesn't cancel the fact that pretty much every other fucking ED is a kushala clone. The other user is clearly clueless, if he thinks ED skeleton diversity, or lack there of, is somehow World's fault.

HH?

I think he meant Nergigante is unique within World itself, not the series.

It's trash.

>What the hell did World do? It shoved a shitty siege monster in our face that you have to complete twice, and it takes at least 20 minutes each time.
You mean like every single Monster Hunter game to date does?

Hunting Horn. A bit of a meme weapon rn since the damage is so low, but it's getting major buffs in Iceborne

If you wanna go test it yourself you can mod yourself up to level 10 shelling in the base game then come back to us with damage numbers.

>Odogaron skeleton
Odogaron just uses a modified Fanged Wyvern skeleton. It's not new.

>Fanged Wyvern skeleton
That's what he said.
>It's not new.
Yes it is.
Unless you're a lunatic and by "fanged wyvern skeleton" meant Zinogre.

Zorah is a glorified cutscene and you're forced to wait for at least 20 minutes in both fights because it's forced to play out that long. You can beat Ceadeus within 10 minutes unless you're just shit, there's no cutscene that you're forced to watch either, and the game doesn't force the mission to play out longer than it has to because if you beat it up enough in phase 1 it actually speeds up a lot and quickly moves into the battle chamber for phase 2. Zorah is Laos tier shit, and no one likes Laos but at least Laos doesn't have forced cutscenes and shitty music.

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/c448v0/iceborne_hunting_horns_version_of_a_tcs_wakeup/

took me a while to find it
>reddit

Fanged Wyvern skeleton is not new, you troglodyte.

The issue is that it's more utility than weapon, they seriously need to buff the mv's because its seriously lacking.
Which is why you bringing up chameleos makes no sense, saying at least gen 2 had chameleos is implying that there isnt the chameleos of gen 5.
I explained it here , it was most likely a purely economic decision on the MHW teams part.
I agree which is why the bringing up of chameleos didnt make a lot of sense to me

270 raw

Attached: 1550642324090.png (640x632, 554K)

Nah, he didn't. LG is actually OP.

You should, however, research the game for yourself instead of relying of the guidance of randoms that know nothing about you or what you like.

Later you see people blaming Yea Forums for buying games on their recommendation that they didn't like.

I like Lao

DOOT

I miss it

Attached: Forest and Hills.png (1700x960, 2.3M)

>where they seem to have decided to make Odo not a joke
Explain further.

Ceadeus isn't a seige fight he's just a giant monster
Compare Zorah to the Mohrans or Lao

>sub 300 true raw at G
>no natural purple
>element
The only saving grave is lvl 6 shelling, and even then we don't know if that's max lvl shelling in IB, it could go up to 7 or 8.
Velkhana seems to be THE ice elemental weapon provider of the game, which isn't exactly great for GL, unless they introduce elemental shelling to mainline.

Ebony Odogaron always starts the fight in the super charged mode and can actually hit you since his attacks have much wider range

>Hunting Horn
why are these english translations so weird

Same :[

Lao/Shen are infinitely worse than Zorah by the sole measure that Zorah take way less time to do. Lao and Shen are such shit fights that when I had to go through that G-rank urgent in GU i almost just stopped playing since no one wanted to fucking do it with me.
Im a random user and I have thousands of hours in this series, I wouldnt say i know nothing and I guarantee others can atest. Just because you personally dont take advice doesnt mean noone should. And those people are retarded who should know that you should always take information from others with a grain of salt.

>Tigrex gets a taste of his own medicine.wmv

What the fuck?

>when you step into area 1 and the music starts playing

Average raw could be lower this time, XX got kind of silly with it
Additionally, it's possible to have another upgrade past that one for a slight stat boost although it's already Rarity 12

Is 12 the highest rarity now? It might not be fully upgraded.

weird how? It's a horn, and you hunt with it. It's not like it's called a Killing Trombone

I'm ready..... 6 months from now when it comes out on PC.

Attached: hunting horn.gif (600x338, 1.94M)

>and can actually hit you since his attacks have much wider range
Will that actually be reflected in the attacks or are they just going to enlarge the hitboxes?

it's not a whistle

Ceadeus is basically a siege fight handled properly. Jhen isn't bad like Zorah is either, but you're right int hat it's more comparable than the Ceadeus.

But Elemental Discharge is the actual good thing to spam. You play with bad Switch Axers, m'friend.

I want a Killing Trombone, though. Smacking monsters with the very angry voice of God.

pretty sure it's called hunting flute in jap, it's not that weird, or rather, the weapon names are weird even in the original japanese

reflected Hopefully. They said Acidic Glavenus will have more precise attacks too and use it's tail slightly differently.

Attached: 1566207771677.jpg (600x600, 50K)

Reflected it seems, he already attacks with sweeps in the footage shown

12 is the highest rarity but it wouldn't be the first time a max rarity weapon still has an upgrade available

>He doesn't have a group of real friends he hunts with
Pathetic

Lao is indeed shit but Shen Gaoren is not that bad. I remember the crab being manageable.

Pretty sure someone did that to Tigrex in that clip

>Additionally, it's possible to have another upgrade past that one
Nope. R12 are as high as they go in IB.

There's been weapons before that hit max rarity before their final upgrade. Just a possibility though.

Reminder that Dalamadur is IN

I wish

What happens to augments when you upgrade your current end of the tree weapons?
Lost? Disabled till you get to final upgrade again?

He's in as the Rotten Vale.

Attached: 1565049824177.jpg (564x846, 111K)

you just bad nigga

Good question. Your guess is as good as mine, but I think they'll probably just make augs for for every upgrade tier up from r6/7/8. I don't think they'd just take the augs away with no compensation. Hm, or maybe upgrading weapons with augs will refund you the streamstones and gems.

A paralysis longsword using parts that looked like his was in the long sword weapon tree leak.

That's what makes me think the "Everwyrm" is a Dalamadur below/part of the Hoarfrost reach.

>branching off of Vaal, and not having an upgrade path of its own
>only goes up to R11
Whatever it is, it's really weird. Don't think it's Dala though. I don't think they're gonna bother with another monster you can walk on any time soon, if the rumors about Zorah are true.

>story boss
>not a completely unique monster
Oh, come on, user. I know Capcom likes to reuse assets, but they're better than that.

Attached: 1412926778557.jpg (700x525, 563K)

It could be a Vaal subspecies.

If they start bringing out ED subspecies we'll have fucking frost Teo/Luna I guarantee it.

Dalamadur’s weapons in 4/4U started off at a lower rarity than other Elders IIRC. If it truly is Dalamadur then it’d make sense to branch off Vaal considering he’s the resident Elder of the Vale and the Vale is partially made out of a dead Dalamadur. I’m not convinced it’s him but if they were to bring him back I’d be far less surprised than if they brought back any other online final boss.

>frost Teo/Luna
What kind of bullshit would luna's frost supernova even do?

Teo already got an Ice element ‘Origin Species’ in Frontier, so it’s not entirely out of the question.

But if it's an ED, then it should go up to max rarity level on their rank, like they always do, but it's not R12.
Hm, now when I think about it, Vaal's initial tree doesn't go beyond R11 for that matter either. Really weird.

Freeze you, sap your stamina to the lowest point, "snowman" you like Blangonga and Kush used to do