It's $10 on steam and can run on a potato. you literally have no excuse not to play it

It's $10 on steam and can run on a potato. you literally have no excuse not to play it

Attached: 220px-Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (220x313, 23K)

On a scale of 1 to 10 how necessary is it to play the first one?

0 I played both of them back to back Half-Life 2 is barely a sequel also wait for it to go on sale you can get it for like $1

>no reason not to play it
I’ll give you one
>Route canal

You should play it, but it’s less necessary than you may think, as the plot in 1 is quite minimalistic and there isn’t that much character interaction in it, and 2 drops you off in a new and foreign place either way, meaning that it feels mostly unfamiliar even if you have played 1 beforehand. As long as you know the premise, it’s enough to get into it.

>No reason to play it
I'll give you one
>its boring as shit

>Played half life 2
>Got bored after 2-3 hours
>Gave half life a shot a few days later aswell cuz why not
>Went through it in one sitting and enjoyed it
Why do people always recommend half life 2 and not half life?

>can run on a potato
no

It gives me motion sickness.

Ravenholm should have been 3 times as long. Best part of the game was also the shortest.

I've been slugging through it lately
It's so fucking boring

>you literally have no excuse not to play it
it's shit

No thanks I don’t need an unnecessary launcher. I’ll wait for it to come to the epic store.

based and sweeneypilled

Is there a more overrated game?

I been playing half life 2 on superior platform. The original Xbox!

Darksouls 6 years ago.

Yup. This is one of the only games I've ever played on my mac and it still holds up. Great game

honestly no.

Honestly just read a wiki page on hl1, the story is really simple and doesn't really have any twists and turns so not much to spoil

Pretty much every nintendo game?

> $10
Yeah
>steam
No way fag

Attached: 20190819_005723.png (720x300, 65K)

But I already did back in 2004

OP wasn't born yet.

It shouldn't even cost money. It should be free for anyone who downloads Steam, unironically.

10 because it's literally the better game with better tools available and a better ecosystem of high quality maps and mods.

Probably. The game itself is absolute shit in hindsight but it was influential and spawned numerous IPs over the years.

They shit on the original and started something entirely different with 2 onwards. Nothing that happens in 1 really matters in 2, it's just some vague bullshit.

11 because you should play the great original instead of a shitty sequel

it was boring
maybe i should one day play the original

Smash, Zelda, tf2

they sell it for a lot lower than that, and the entire bundle with all their games. It's not worth 10.

>t.

Attached: 1561434462807.png (376x341, 104K)

It's not necessary to play to understand the second one, but it's a really atmospheric and tight corridor shooter

Highway 17 was comfy. Does anyone feel the same?

it's boring as shit

No. Only retarded boomers like HL2. I'm a zoomer.

I don't dream anymore

I think it is worth whatever people pay.

I know I paid $50 15 years ago.

It's been two years since I played the first Half Life, and I quit on the helicopter level. I can't start it until I finish the first.

Sometimes I dream about cheese

extra sharp cheddar, muenster and baby swiss.

The cheese trifecta.

I can't ever play HL2 ever again because it reminds of more optimistic times.

To think all I used to wanna do is sell insurance

half life 3 when

hopefully never

smash

no more than 5
but the audio in the 1st one is so shitty, you have to force yourself to hear the important things

I have a mac

>we're never getting beta half life 2
I'm still mad

Maybe this is more your style

Attached: Fortnite_.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

I'm fine with HL1, user.
You HL2 storyfag boomers are what ruined the gaming industry.

nigga it goes for pennies

got it during the summer sale for like 10 cents

cause HL2 is a glorified tech demo that people like just to fit in with the crowd, even though they know it's pure shit