Which one is better for PC?

Which one is better for PC?
Dualshock 4:
>Better triggers and analog sticks
>Motion control is pretty cool and can be actually useful on PC
>Rechargable battery
Xbox One controller:
>better for big guys with bigger hands
>Compatible with basically everything on PC and games will show input buttons that actually exist in this controller

What do you guys think?

Attached: images (15).jpg (783x391, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller-series-2
brookaccessory.com/Super Converters/list.html
github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just be a controller whore like me.ive got 8 wiimotes. 2 pro switch controllers. Ps4 and ps3 controllers and I dont even have a ps system anymore.

>d-pad above left stick

Attached: 1507741933125.gif (267x180, 389K)

XBone because battery life and accessories.

The DS4 pad is also nice on PC, it's not a "good" trackpad but if you're playing on the couch or something and don't have the mouse close, it's still useful to do small things with the mouse when needed

...if you know what you're doing you can also do a lot of things with it

like have it work like 6 buttons (depending on where you press it) and that can be used for shortcuts

every controller is better than the xbox by default because they don't use AA batteries in 2019

As someone who does use those motion controls you mention every day I couldn't go back to a gamepad without them. So fuck Xbone.

>retard opinion
While I don't really like xbox controllers for other reason, AA batteries is a plus.

I love just keeping two sets of rechargeable batteries that I can swap anytime. And when batteries go bad, instead of having to order obscure batteries and get a screwdriver to open the controller, swapping is just trivial with AAs.

I don't feel like building myself a controller harem, sorry.
>Accessories
You mean headsets and keyboards? Aren't they kinda pointless on PC?

>AA batteries is a plus
>paying a continuous price to use a controller is better than charging it
fuck off

are you legitimately retarded?

I have never had a chargeable control's battery go bad in my entire life

the only retard here is you for thinking paying extra for batteries then replacing them is more convenient than plugging in a wire

Dualshock 4 because I'm not a fat fuck and have normal hands

I have a DS3 with a dead battery, and another one that barely lasts 5 hours (used to last 30 hours), and a 8bitdo that takes less of a charge as well..

My vita lasts like 2 hours less than it used to as well.

Just depends on how much you use it anyway, all batteries have a set amount of times they can be recharged.

Even on games without dualshock support? I know you can use third party software, but the dialogues in-game won't show the dualshock buttons, so you have to memorize how you set up the buttons. Not that much of a big deal, but it's not convenient.

you can do that with AAs too, retard

if you use steam it has in built DS4 support

Do you really look at the controller to figure out which button is which?

>I'm not a fat fuck and have normal hands

Attached: 1508440403539.jpg (630x420, 30K)

>better triggers
What? They're puny compared to the bone's.

Rechargable AA batteries are a thing, you can recharge them and when they go bad, just buy new ones with a few bucks.

paying extra for a third party device, sure

Is there any PC compatible controller that doesn't have that mushy membrane button feel? I have the DS4 and xbox 360 controller but I don't like how they feel.

If you mean pad that I was talking about, almost no semi-recent games support extra buttons, they're all xinput nowadays, but you can often do extra things by registering extras as keyboard inputs. Assuming the game allows you to use both at once.

As for prompts, I recommend just getting used to the xbox one layout because that's whate very games use. As for what is "on" the controller, why would it even matter, do you even look at it? If it bothers you that much, take a marker and write xbox prompts over the buttons.

>gamepads
they're all the same trash
get the cheapest 5 dollar one

I have both for my pc. The DS4 is way better quality. The one controllers are less durable than my 360 controllers. Xbox controllers are a little less hassle but with ds4 windows you should have trouble using the DS4 for all applications.

Really, its a preference.
I grew up with a PS1 and 2, so i use a DS4 for my PC and cant do shit with the xbone contoller.

>Assuming the game allows you to use both at once
Very few games don't, most notably Bethesda trash.

*shouldn't

just remember to get the more recent fork of ds4windows and not the original that's not really getting any development anymore

>american education

>tfw you were that crazy kid in the 90s that had 6(six) rechargeable AA for his battery eating game gear
when did people start to think those were impossible to recharge anyway?

Attached: 1024px-Game-Gear-Handheld.jpg (1024x686, 74K)

I've gone through 3 xbox controllers with each one lasting about one month each before something started breaking on them, either buttons sticking or sticks drifting, or rubber coming off off the sticks.

I've had a ds4 controller for like 5 months now and it hasn't had any issues. The only thing is some games not having ds4 icons built in. This can usually be remedied with a mod pack or something though.

why would icons even matter anyway, if you've used xbox controllers you should be more used to those prompts anyway

buttons are in the same place, if you know where to press when the game says "Y" then it doesn't matter if it's sony, nintendo or microsoft controller.

Just get the steam support for ps4 (assuming you are playing games with steam)

I know, it's just annoying. It would be so easy for devs to have ds4 support built in natively. But yes, you can figure Y = Triangle etc.

>tfw been playing on PC for years now but still haven't used steam

one works pretty much out of the box and the other "works" and can be made to work with some fiddling.

rather than Y = Triangle, it's more like Y = the top button

there's no need to make associations with what's written on the controller

because press X is going to get someone killed eventually

>better for big guys with bigger hands
What's this meme? PS4's controller is actually slightly bigger, it only looks smaller because it doesn't bulk up the space between the handles with extra plastic.
And it has bigger analogs, D-pad and face buttons, considering all of those got smaller on the transition between 360 to Xbone, and 360's were already smaller than dualshock's.

Also you forgot to mention DS4's touchpad which is way more relevant for PC use than motion controls. It works as 3 extra buttons that the Xbone controller doesn't have (left, center and right clicks on touchpad can all register as separate) which is useful for extra inputs (for example) on emulation, like fast forward, quick save, etc, even if the game uses all standard buttons. And obviously it also functions as a laptop's trackpad which comes in handy for quick menu adjustments without going for the mouse.

The one and only advantage for Xbone are the standard icons that show up as Xbox buttons on most games. But the unusable D-pad for any fighting or platformer/2D game, doesn't make up for that - as well as the myriad of other misc DS4 advantages.

Attached: 1542375120963.jpg (1365x2048, 359K)

Between the two I slightly prefer the XB1 controller, but being able to use the touchpad and gyro aiming is very cool for a few games.

>being a handlet
>everyone else is just fat
5'4" detected

Dualshock 4:
+ Superior buttons
+ Superior triggers
+ Superior pad
+ Superior sticks, placement is subjective
+ Touchpad is actually really fucking nice, especially for mouse control on PC
+ Has that gyro motion shit if you want to waggle
+/- As long as you have Steam running, the controller is effectively Plug&Play on PC
+ DS4Windows or Steam Drivers let you customize every part of it
- Old Bluetooth 2.1, connectivity is shit, even the Model 2 with its double polling rate
- Battery is shit because it has to feed power to all of this shit that may not even be used*
- MicroUSB port is flimsy, loose shit
*Crack open your DS4 to unplug the light and touchpad cables, battery life jumps up significantly

XBone controller:
+ Superior microswitch shoulder buttons
+ Superior battery life (but still shit especially when it isn't powering as many energy sucking gizmos as the Dualshock)
- AA batteries is default, need to buy a rechargeable battery separately or get more AAs
-- Even shittier wireless than the shitty Dualshock
+ At least there are "official" hard-wired versions of the controller at a much cheaper price
--- Breaks even more often than 360s got the Red Ring
----- Parts of these fucking things feel just as fragile and flimsy as some cheap $15 Chinese knockoffs I've tried

SN30 Pro+:
+ Superior everything
+ Optional remapping tool that lets you tweak everything and set up macros, no install needed to use it either
++ Bluetooth 4.0 connection is fucking solid
++ USB-C port so that shit is not going to wiggle a nanometer
+ Works on fucking everything (Windows Xinput/DirectInput/Switch/Android natively, needs adapters for Bone/PS4)
+ Comes with a rechargeable battery that lasts pretty damn long compared to the other two, you can take it out and use AAs if you like that shit
+ Also has that silly gyro shit
+ Fixed the problems that plagued 8bitdo's older controllers
+ $50 compared to the above two being $65

Attached: sn30 pro plus.png (400x300, 33K)

I have literally never had an issue with this. If I play a PC game I know it's the left button, if I emulate Nintendo I know it's the top button, if I emulate Sony I know it's the bottom button. It's really not that complicated.

True, but this user has a good point
Press X is two different positions across ds4/xbox controllers and there is a subconscious level to it. It just makes sense that the button inputs for a game should match what your controller is.

Their controller support for PS4 and Xbone is actually very very good.
You can even do crazy custom stuff and macros

Xbox controller uses AA batteries.
DS4 has built in Rechargeable battery.
Also you can just get DS4 Windows and use the dual shock 4 like a 360 controller.
Works in all modern games.
You can ether plug it in using a USb connector or use a cheap blue tooth dongle for it.

Attached: Capture.png (711x394, 12K)

>for a few games
A shitton of games benefit from it. But then again, I suppose most PC players would use keyboard and mouse for most of them.

Steam won't do anything for you if your using other platforms or emulating. It's only good for steam and desktop support.

If you are PC gaming, arent you bound to be close to your PC / Monitor?
I never actually used the bluetooth of my DS4.

When do you ever use both at the same time?

>DS4 has builtin rechargeable battery
I'm pretty sure it doesn't at this point, this is a wired controller. If in doubt use glue on the wire so it doesn't move in the shitty microusb port.

Attached: 1546218266381.png (511x490, 327K)

then again, it has worse input lag when wired (go figure)

Xbone controller. I don't know how people use the DS4, its' sticks are awful and the triggers feel like shit after a few months of use. PS4 controller feels amazing when you first get it, then it feels like every part slowly gets worse. The only thing I like on the DS4 is the face buttons feeling more clicky.

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

Most PCs don't have onboard Bluetooth. That's not a factor anyway since Xbone uses it now too and has done since 2016.

No way in hell.
DS4 triggers are some of the flimsy triggers on a controller and the analogs are positioned terribly not to mention they still aren't concave.

My DS4 still feel the mostly the same as I first got it (it's the earlier model, not the new one), and it got a stupidly high amount of use because I used to speedrunning with it (full with practice and daily intense mashing).

About the only thing I don't like from it is the microusb port, also wish d-pad was a bit better but it's still one of the "less worse" of modern d-pads.

God I wish the ds4 did, the battery in it is abysmal.

I mean, gyro is cool for shooters but if I'm playing on a computer I'm using the mouse anyways. I only really use it for a couple of third person shooters I prefer a controller for.
I really fucking wish more shooters on the PS4 itself let you use gyro though. Fuck the 360 kiddies who think "motion controls bad".

battery itself isn't that bad, it could keep a DS3 running for a good 30 hours easily

but a DS4 just drains it like it doesn't matter (and it's not even the light, disconnecting it changes virtually nothing).

xbone is just the better controller. but batterylife wise ds4 is alot better in my experience, though the batteries on my xbone are external standalone charge pieces. the ds4 has a built-in battery which is cool, but everything else in it sucks dick. The rough grips in the xbone controller and the bumpers & taps are very ergonomic, and the start button is accessible instead of being hidden inside the frame in the ds4.

I had the rubber come off my sticks twice, then the V2 have really loose triggers. I put up with it because I refuse to buy another controller.

babbies don’t see the benefits of user replaceable batteries.
babbies get mad that their years old controller doesn’t hold a charge.

PS kiddies think the same which is why no dev bothers implementing the feature on PS4.

I'll never understand how people manage to get the rubber off. Still looks solidly in place on mine, not even a single scrape coming off.

All the 360 kiddies jumped ship to the PS camp this gen. Though PS kiddies can be just as bad.

>when do you ever use the stick and face buttons at the same time?
you deem yourself fit to post on an image board pertaining to video games, yet you post this?

Attached: viper6.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Fighting games/action games - DS4

Shooters and Racing games - Xbone

the looser triggers was unfortunately intentional by sony.

I use my ps4 controller for driving in GTA and forza or flying etc when I'm too lazy to hook up my steering wheel or flight stick otherwise kb+m

Because the controller is shit. Notice how it's only the V1 DS4 with that issue?

>Shooters - Xbone

Attached: wrong.jpg (458x458, 29K)

no, because I have a V1 and been extensively using it for years without that issue

Best controller coming through

Attached: steamcontroller1280jpg-9972e3_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Never because clawing is for faggots

>each one lasting about one month each before something started breaking on them, either buttons sticking or sticks drifting, or rubber coming off off the sticks.
I don't know about microsoft, but sony fixes this sort of shit for free

looks gay

>My controller was fine so everyone else who had this widespread issue Sony themselves addressed with a controller redesign is lying
My 3DS stick never broke from Smash bros. doesn't mean it didn't happen to a tonne of peopel.

Nigga loads of people got it. That's like saying you never got red ringed with the 360 so everyone else didnt.

At this point, they are both fine, just use what ever you feel is more comfortable for your hands.

I have both. DS4 is the better controller, but getting it to work properly can be a hassle, and it becomes uncomfortable if you play for a long time. My wrist always ends up hurting if I play for more than a couple hours with it.

Xbone has better triggers. In fact, it has the best triggers I've ever used. Not stiff but not too loose either. Better than 360's even.

I wasn't saying that it wasn't happening to anyone, don't put words in my mouth. Also, it works both ways, people act like everyone is having the issue and the V1 are unusable.

My earlier post was just saying that I didn't understand it. I just don't get how it's happening.

I mean, this is a single solid piece, they're typically all pretty similar.

Defects on faulty units are usually an assembly problem or mishandling at some stage.

They did cheap rubber with zero plastic on the base, the V2 uses higher grade rubber and a plastic base that it's then mounted on. That way the plastic supports the clicking in even on the edge, and the extra rubber stops standard wear and tear.

I can't think of a game where you use both the d-pad and left stick at the same time because most devs aren't retarded.

It comes with the wire you braindead faggot

There's plenty of games that don't intend for you to do it bit it's still beneficial.

What's the point of the left trackpad? I get the right one but not having tactile buttons for the D-pad stand-in is bizarre to me.

there's none that it's "required" but there's plenty where it's advantageous to do so

like I could release the analog stick to swap weapon with the d-pad, or I could also just keep moving and swap at same time

You can do all kinds of stuff with it, radial menus, grid menus, use it as a scroll wheel, use it as a d-pad, use it as WASD etc.
I actually quite like it as a d-pad. As you don't need to push down on it your thumb never gets tired or huts from digging into edges.

Xbox is better, but it's missing the gyro, though.

I find it funny how a lot of Switch games include Gyro.
Gyro really is cool

>att. 8bitdo

A few games did it on Vita, and it was great. Really a shame it didn't become a trend on sony systems after that.

Although when it comes to console, I'd rather they'd just go ahead and let me plug a mouse+keyboard and use it natively like UT3 did on PS3 (it also had the option to have servers where m&k weren't allowed to keep it fair). But if I can't have that, give me gyro aiming at "least"

Depends if you can find a good deal on either controller.
$50 for both an Xbone controller, wireless adapter, and the Play and Charge Kit sounds good.
You could also just head to Walmart and get a DS4 controller for $40.

>Dualshock 4:
Excuse me?

its awesome for m/k controllers.

>buying wireless controllers

Attached: 1368804812403.gif (320x180, 2.38M)

Also funny how many games actually let you plug a real mouse+keyboard all the way back on PS2. Even stuff like Dirge of Cerberus. But now it's missing everywhere. Apparently Microsoft was banning devs from using it for a while (that's why the UT3 port on 360 removed m&k support).

You need to see the bigger picture. While mouse and keyboard support on consoles would be nice most people wouldn't want to use them because that's cumbersome but if people realize gyro just means turning the controller a couple degrees and not waggle and it becomes the default we can potentially have shooters designed around proper controls again instead of them being designed around analog aim with assist. Everyone except massive faggots that want to stick with analog aim benefit.

>Uncharted Golden Abyss had gyro aiming but is kind of shit
>they didn't add them into the PS4 remasters of the main games
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR AAAHHHHHHHHHH

I mean Golden Abyss is kind of shit, not its gyro aiming. Though it's not as good as something like Splatoon.

At least think Gravity Rush kept its gyro aiming on PS4 when it got ported, not that I replayed it.

Shame it didn't influence anything to do the same.

Used both and for me it’s the DS4.

Whatever you do, just don't fall for the 8bitdo meme.

Both are better than any of the trash they put out.

Dualshock 4 because I play snes emulation.
I would go for 8bitdo but It's too late and it is expensive as fuck.

if you use a controller on PC, just stick to consoles please
you're the cancer killing video games

8bitdo d-pads are terrible, don't be fooled by the appearance. So if anything it's a terrible choice for snes emulation.

While I'm not a fan of the DS4 d-pad (I wish they had used the same d-pad as the vita, maybe just a little bit bigger), it's still tons better than 8bitdo

Attached: WswqNf7.jpg (800x1200, 96K)

lmao go to sleep grandpa

The xbox controller has better analogs and triggers. In fact there is a whole modding kit you can get for the ds4 which replaces the ds4 sticks with xbox one sticks.

>two tabs required for input
>one tab required for input
Whoever made that image has no idea how buttons work.

Everything you said is wrong

Keyboard and mouse is good for FPS but not for everything else.
wasd sucks.

>not using a controller+mouse

>Not using rock band instruments exclusively

I use. But only for sniping.

It's a shame this never really picked up as a standard.

At most you get some shitty controllers on console with fake mouse support. And, while you could do that on PC, it's a pain to set it up right because no games expect you to use that (you would also preferably need a one handed controller)

Attached: fragfx.jpg (430x340, 27K)

Well, Joycon + mouse could work... theorically. I never tried because I don't have switch.
Shit is expensive in hueland.

Both are good and there are ways to make up for the issues of one or the other these days. Many prefer the layout of the XBONE stick setup though.

If you have the money, I'd consider a custom controller . XBOne Elite is phenomenal and sets the baseline. Besides that is the SCUF Vantage ( even a PS4 controller setup with the Xbox stick layout ) and other third party. The next gen Elite is coming out this fall and it's a big upgrade including an internal battery included and much more. I would not buy Elite V1 these days for full price but I've loved mine and will get Elite V,2 when it launchesm

Note that the Steam Controller is quite awesome and a great value, if you get through the learning curve which is not bad.

Elite is quite infamous for breaking easily, such flimsyness just doesn't go well with a high price tag

there's to hope V2 improves that

I don’t have an Xbox anymore but I remember my first day on a ds4 and it felt like cheap shit, but I’m used to it now.

Not a day goes be when I don’t miss the elite controller. Not being able to use paddles make me feel like I’m back in the 90s (in a bad way).

I think there’s a 3rd party one for PS4 but I remember it looking like shit.

Attached: BDE6E216-E79B-49ED-82A9-C6929CF6A6D7.jpg (666x460, 17K)

However these only last a year top with excessive gameplay. The rubber where your palms are always starts to come off. I’ve bought 3 at $200 they’re not cheap.

well, it's possible to use bone controllers on ps4 with adapters

it does introduce "lag" but it's in the insignificant unnoticable tier

What.....

Mine has held up well but yeah, there were some issuess with older ones. It wasn't so much being easily broken as it was there were some design issued with a handful of features - the grip coming off or flawed triggerlocks. I didn't have either problem, but I hear that MS is offering a discount to existing owners who want to upgrade because of the issues some experienced. Overall though it feels higher quality than many other controllers and if yours doesn't have any of the issues, its great.

Here's the V2's page and it looks significantly improved - xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller-series-2

Wish they didn't wait until Nov 4th, so I wouldn't buy a V1 now either way, especially for full or close to full price. I expect V2 to raise the bar again however whjen it arrives.

I prefer the Xbox One controller
The PS4 controller is just too small

I have no idea what's good nowadays so I can't really recommend anything but it's certainly a thing.

Attached: 81Xinioa8pL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 193K)

all first party controllers are wireless now. for wired-only controllers you have to buy third party trash made for kids.

having a swappable wire is better anyway, which wireless always let you do

just don't use the wire that comes with the controller, it's usually stiff shit that not meant to stay plugged while using

Brook adapters are the best controller converters easily.

Shit, I can play rhythm games with them and still not miss anything, and nail my just frame inputs with them too. Any lag they might have is imperceptible.

Attached: brook adapter.png (824x599, 420K)

I played Portal 1 & 2 like this, it's quite nice.

... I do hope every newer controllers will switch to usb-c though, so nicely solidly in place

microusb is terrible for permanent use

>so you have to memorize how you set up the buttons
this should be automatic once you've used a family of controller for a day, the only thing that slightly trips me up is X/Y swap on nintendo controllers

If you're only playing retro games I can't recommend this controller enough, its dpad is easily my favorite of all time.

Attached: poktourney.jpg (1350x1151, 91K)

I think user was saying that...

There are converters that allow you to use Xbox One controllers on PS4 or vice versa. Like those made by Brook are among the best, I hear. Depending on how they're made, they can influence lag and stuff like that but the better ones have nearly no noticeable lag.

Brook makes good stuff overall despite their engrish webpage - brookaccessory.com/Super Converters/list.html - I found out about them when building my custom arcade fightstick - pretty much the entire fighting game community uses Brook PCBs as the "brains" of their high end sticks, especially the Brook Universal model.

Oh and Its worth mentioning that unlike the XboxOne Elite V1, the V2 comes with an included li-poly battery that's rechargable; I think its the first XboxOne official controller to do so? The standard XBOne models and the Elite V1 all required the aftermarket battery pack upgrade if you wanted that feature, which was kinda frustrating if you were paying Elite level $, so this is a much better decision.

Its nice that they include not only the rechargable battery, but all the accessories including a charging dock, a bunch of differ stick/paddle/pad modules you can swap out as you like, and a case for storing everything that is even designed to let you charge the controller if its in the case! Lots of these things have either not been included or cost extra even on some 3rd party "high end" controllers so its nice to see them include it all. I have to admit it would

Best example I could think would be DMC5 for styles.

I expect they will. The Xbox Elite V2 is USB-C. I'm kind of surprised that some of the 3rd party customs do NOT use it all ready, actually. I think Scuf, Astro etc... all still use MicroUSB or whatever, sadly.

I loved this controller.
For some reason it works on PS4 as well, I used it to play MKX for a bit.

I've officially used all the controllers and can make this tier list.
S tier
>KBM. Not even debatable.
A Tier
>DS4 (my BT dongle was retarded, so I had to get an extender to use it wirelessly without sketchy delays, best controller overall in every genre, especially with Steam Big Picture controller configurations)
>X360 (Fighting games are where this shit struggles hard, the difference between this dpad and DS4 is night and day, it would be number 1 otherwise)
B Tier
>XBone (Literally buy a fucking 360 controller. Far cheaper, sturdier, similar experience. This is a preference purchase if you get it)
>Nintendo Stuff (Switch, Wii U, 8bitdo, 3rd party emulation controls like N64, etc. Great for emulation feels, but I'd rather use a DS4 for everything else)
>DS3 (Buy a DS4, compatibility and shit is much better for it)
C Tier
Steam Controller (I've had it for month, used it for all kinds of configurations. It's not very good. "BUT MUH GYRO" While this is a great feature, it's a gimmick that works better on consoles because of their limitations. Every second you use this controller, you begin to wonder why you aren't using not another controller, no. You wonder why you aren't using a KBM. This could EASILY make it into B tier if they switched to XYAB to the traditional spot and made the handles less retarded. It's not even ergonomic, it's inconvenient and far worse when compared to ANY controller on this list. The touchpad is nice, but in such a retarded spot that you have to configure your controls in weird places to feel comfortable)

Attached: bradysmug.webm (640x800, 2.79M)

xbox controller is the most ergonomic and doesn't fuck up your left thumb, I use it for almost every platformer I play on PC
My only gripe with Xbox controllers is how unresponsive it feels on fighting games, a move that I can consistently do with an arcade stick is impossible with a controller

Xbox, for compatibility issues. I got a DS4 last Christmas and ended up regretting it. It's a good controller, but it sucks to configure. Even some steam games don't recognize it.

ds4windows can just make it recognized as a xbox one controller, so games won't even be able to tell the difference. If xbox one controller works, then ds4 will too.

do use the more recent fork to avoid issues
github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

Fuck the ps4 sticks. I hate having that shit on the same horizontal axis.

>DS4 (my BT dongle was retarded, so I had to get an extender to use it wirelessly without sketchy delays
>extender
huh? A bluetooth extender? Explain further please

It's because the poster is probably a fucking ape that throws his shit. I have an xbox controller from 2006 that still fucking works.

I have to uninstall the Windows driver each time I plug the controller so ds4windows recognizes it without conflicts. It also doesn't work when steam is running.

may want to try again with latest version and also read instructions

Attached: 2019-08-18-220257.jpg (750x56, 15K)

Don't mind me with my 72 hours of battery life.

Attached: steamcontroller.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>tfw even controllers with 20 hours of battery life die on you because you actually do play for 20 hours straight and didn't bother plugging it for 5 minutes when you used the bathroom
the one I'm using right now just use AAs and I have a 2nd set always in the charger anyway

I have the lastest version. I didn't even had the configuration support active on Steam when I began using it. I still have to mess with the drivers each time, and it makes me reset my PC as well. Too much hassle. I'm getting a xbox controller this year. I wish I could get a 360, but they are gone.

Do you make a cool reloading pose when changing batteries?
Something like John Wick?

Dualshock is the superior universal controller layout

Using the dpad in the bottom position or using a stick for 2D or menu-based games is heresy

I only use the steel battalion full mech controller

patrician taste

It's a USB extender like pic related. Leaving a dongle in a case USB port can create interference resulting in a bad connection. Oddly enough, the only time I had a shit connection was with the DS4. But since using the extender, it performs just as good as it would on a PS4.

Attached: extender.jpg (640x392, 26K)

I hope that they make a 2nd version of the Steam Controller with some upgrades. It's a great controller overall and really can make kb/m titles work even only if you have a controller. Steam has top notch support too, which affects other controllers as well. It's touchpads work great and included features like gyro and paddles are neat.

The only problem is the layout which makes an adjustment period necessary. It's fine afterward, but it would be nice if in V2 they placed the buttons and sizes them the same as other major controllers. Likewise, the pads are really better than any others , but it would be nice if there was a modular option to use 2 sticks if you wish.

I loved this controller up until Steam started recognizing it as a Switch controller. I like to use my pro controller to control my desktop from across the room sometimes.