They're inevitable

>Nintendo made the list of the DLC characters they could use and Sakurai chose 5 characters he'd like to see in
>Sakurai is biased towards Fire Emblem and Intelligent Systems
>Now that Three Houses is one of the best selling games on the systems and the hype surrounding the Fighters Pass what better way than to profit on it with Byleth?
>The code of Three Houses has 2 unused songs that can only be accessed via an Amiibo, most of these songs are unlocked with the Smash Bros amiibos
>The so called ''Box Theory 2'' reveals 3 hidden spots for the rest of the Fighters Pass in the Character Sound menu, 2 spots could go for a character with an alternate costume (Male and Female Byleth)
>They fit in with the PapaGenos Amiibo Theory
>Nintendo never said that the DLC would be from New Franchises, rather, new to the series and a Whip Sword would excuse the inclusion of Byleth as New
Face it Smashfags, we are going to win and you are going to complain about it like the manchildren that you are.

Attached: 473.jpg (5100x2552, 953K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
polygon.com/2019/8/1/20750296/fire-emblem-three-houses-edelgard-black-eagles-blue-lions-golden-deer-popularity-nintendo-switch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If Rex, Pyra, and Springman didn't get in because they were too recent. What makes you think they'd have a character from a game that literally just dropped?

Cool story, bro.

Attached: kufd.png (202x129, 45K)

Because DLC is easier to make than the Base Characters, see Corrin who was recent and got in as DLC.

Does F!Byleth have the fattest tits in her game? That Dimitri is a lucky guy.

Sorry OP, they don't fit the rule of a series that hasn't been in Smash yet

It's Edelgard, not Byleth.

Attached: D5VswYpWsAAfJF3.jpg (1199x1200, 134K)

Is there a romance option chart like this floating around for Three Houses? If so, could someone post it for me? I want to know what houses have access to what girls in a visual way. A video would work too, if anyone has that instead. I just want to know which houses have access to which romantic partners, since it likely impacts my decision, especially if I agree with, say, Yellow Boiz the most but want a girl from the Blue team or something like that, since you can apparently recruit people from other houses. I don't know a ton about how this game works, but I think I've heard you can do that and get some house members that are from other groups.

Attached: de3.jpg (680x823, 124K)

Where did that rule come from? Can you provide the source? The source isn't the Game Awards video, see >Nintendo never said that the DLC would be from New Franchises, rather, new to the series and a Whip Sword would excuse the inclusion of Byleth as New

Why would they put in the main antagonist before the protagonist?

*Rhea is a lucky girl

This, people just assume that's what Reggie meant when that's not what he said at all.

gotta draw the teacher

>Persona = Never been in Smash before Fighter Pass
>Dragon Quest = Never been in Smash before Fighter Pass
>Banjo Kazooie = Never been in Smash before Fighter Pass

Because the protag is generic trash. Edelgard is the true protag.

>Sakurai is biased towards Fire Emblem and Intelligent Systems
No, he isn't. He was against adding Corrin, it was his team that convinced him otherwise. He said that he thinks that there are getting to be too many FE characters, though Chrom was added simply because Echoes were easy. At this point I would say he's very much against more of them when he could do much more interesting fighters.

Not to mention Reggie's comment about the nature of the DLC being characters completely new to Smash as a whole.

Correlation does not imply causation.

The DLC characters were chosen long beforehand and Nintendo seems to be focusing on third parties with the current batch, so I don't believe Byleth will be obe of the last 2 DLC characters.
They're a lot more likely to get in if there's a 2nd Fighters Pass, though.

In this case it does, newfag.

It really doesn't. Stay frosty, newfriend.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll randomly decide to reveal the eighth fucking fire emblem character next to these three third party MCs

DLC is third party

Unless Sakurai states that all the fighter pass characters will be from franchaises which have never been in Smash before, you're wrong
They will. Everyone wants Edelgard.

>Adeline
>Poochy
>Porky
>Mike Jones
>Ray 01
Here's your first-party pass. No shillmon or FEshit.

No she isn't.

Attached: Dimitri.jpg (991x1387, 1.31M)

Watch the next two be third party and then come back
>Everyone wants Edelgard

Attached: 1522659480357.gif (227x224, 12K)

Wow, this list is pretty shit

What is it with Fire Emblem fags wanting every character from their garbage games in Smash and acting like they're entitled to it? When a fan of any other series asks for a side character, they get nothing but shit for it because the roster doesn't "need" anymore first parties aside from more fire emblem trash.

I'm 100% positive she's coming. Get ready to main her.

Sakurai convinced FE fans that they're more important than anyone else with the constant pandering.

Byleth would be neat if only for the Sword of the Creator being a ballin' whip-sword and also because fem Byleth is hot as fuck

lol y u mad tho

It's really surprising how anyone can make a thread without an ounce of thought process, even someone as completely braindead as OP. Good job OP, you made a thread!

After playing Three Houses, I wouldn't even mind it as long as they have the costume that vaguely look likes Raidou.

Why can't we use the Advance class custom outfits for the master classes? Should I just stick to the Advance classes?

kys yourself

Just give us someone who isn't using a sword for FUCKS sake
I mean Jesus Christ the series was built around the weapon triangle thing what the fuck

Roy got into smash like a couple months before his game even released.

Claude would be baller as fuck

Imagine his Up+B being hopping on a wyvern or some shit

>Poochy
He's in, bros

Attached: Pucci.png (315x488, 315K)

Dlc was finalized like a year ago though.

You can recruit any student on any route except the house leader and their aide, Hilda breaks this rule on Blue Lions and Church route however. You can recruit all knights of Seiros characters on any route except Black Eagles.
You recruit from other houses by having a high stat they like (eg magic user likes you having high Mag) along with a good enough weapon rank they like. Getting a B support with them greatly lowers their requirements, you can also check the things they're looking for by talking to them.

As far as romances go, I'm pretty sure male Byleth can S all females plus Linhardt, Gilbert and Alois, whereas female Byleth can S all males plus Edelgard, Dorothea, Mercedes, Rhea and Sothis. However, you can only S support right before the credits, and other characters only go up to A support, being paired off in the ending with whoever their "closest ally" is in their bio.

Sorry OP, but there isn't enough room for another DLC character. The last 2 DLC characters are already DOOM Guy and Hakurei Reimu.

Attached: 1429493291113.png (1025x768, 1.43M)

They didn't get in because they were too recent, they didn't get in because the base roster for Ultimate was already decided before their games came out. With how many characters there are they needed to have things set in stone early.

Hell they could add the fucker from Astral Chain if they wanted, now. Recency is a non-issue now that we're in the DLC stage

>Axe user gets in
>It plays exactly like Ike
Its not even about the swords at this point, disjoints were a mistake

> DOOM Guy and Hakurei Reimu
Yeah, I'm thinking he's based

This, Hector could literally be an Ike echo

I don't see how anything other than a bow user or lance user would be different. Axes are just going to be slower swords with a wider hitbox. If you're going to add another FE moeblob, put in somebody on a horse.

>I TOTALLY care about the weapon triangle even though it literally never comes up in any other context! Totally not an excuse to demand even more FE characters!

>acting like they're entitled to it?
Looks who's talking KRoolfag

Attached: 1548355906898.jpg (1536x2048, 416K)

>to demand even more FE characters
More like trading the current ones out for more actual variety from the series

Keep making up shit, FEnigger. Only first party rep I wanted was Dark Samus.

Rosterfags are so annoying that I'd actually love to see byleth be announced and end up being a marth clone just to see all the rage, autiam, and inevitable empty death threats.

FE and Pokemon get special privileges because they're massive popular franchises..

>please spend even MORE time on FE, I'm not satisfied with the fuck tons of shit it already got for a franchise of its size because you didnt include my particular favorite characters

>fe is as popular as pokemon
>fe is even remotely close to being half as popular as zelda
>implying literally anyone can name a FE character that isn't in smash

The fucking delusion

>a bunch of literal whos

>everyone knew who marth and Roy were in melee!

Because most of the characters that people request like Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong are absolute garbage and/or don't come from franchises more popular than FE.

Marth could be the only one for all I care

nice side character m8

There will be a 2nd fighter pass after this one is done.
The last character will release in February. All characters in the first pass are 3rd parties.
The 2nd pass will be Nintendo characters.
Edelgard will be the DLC pick to release around April to promote the DLC coming to 3H.
Why? Because Edelgard's much more popular than Byleth and Byleth would be another generic sword but with Simon whip gimmick

Attached: 409.g1t.00.png (512x512, 150K)

Protags don't die like animals in half the available routes.
Dmitrifags are insufferable
>MUH BOAR
>THE RATS
>HELICOPTER SPIN
>PUNISHED
Claude "Open Borders for Fodlan" von Reigan is a better protag.

Would only want this if Byleth was just in the background of the stage and you swapped between playing the 3 lords of his game. Just Byleth by himself would be another swordie only with longer Belmont-esque range

Attached: EAYOAyJUcAAOwxI.jpg (960x1200, 142K)

This isn't 2001 anymore. FE is way bigger now than it used to be. And Marth and Roy weren't DLC. You think they're going to put in a bunch of literal whos as DLC?

When Reggie said that, he meant old characters wouldn't come back as DLC like last time and that the CHARACTERS not the SERIES they're from, would be new to smash

It's still not even half as popular as Zelda.

They can pull a DQ hero and make them all the same character, or a pseudo pokemon trainer

The DLC we've gotten thus far would suggest otherwise.

Why do people assume there's only going to be 1 fighter pass?

Are people retarded? Do they seriously think they're just going to be done with the DLC in 5 characters?

Ultimate is a way, way bigger deal than Sm4sh was.

There's going to be a 2nd pass that will see DLC characters until 2021.

>Byleth would be another generic sword
This has never stopped another generic sword from being added you utter buffoon

FE is not over represented in Smash. It barely has any stages. FE has a lot of reps because it comes from a series that's all about characters, much like how Zelda puts a lot of focus on items and gadgets.

FE gets one gacha game that whales spend money on as always and it's suddenly as popular as Pokemon. Your as a deep as a kiddie pool tactics game is only known with waifuniggers and gachacucks.

>FE
>In the same league as the single biggest franchise in the entire world

where the fuck do you people come from

>he meant old characters wouldn't come back as DLC
That would be redundant to say considering "EVERYONE'S HERE"

Oh so you're one of the Tranny Kong Metroidfag butt buddies huh? Imagine my shock.

Hence why it didn't get a new stage while Zelda did.

NO THATS NOT FAIR FE DESERVES LITERALLY EVERYTHING YOY FE HATING KEK

>this meme again

>after you got 2 new stages in 4, more remixes than any other nintendo games, 2 assist trophies, a new character, and an item in ultimate

I can play the name calling game too, tranny gacha-playing footfag. I don't give a shit about DK, but at least DK fans actually buy good games.

Yeah, FE needs another for sure.

Attached: my-image (2).png (980x637, 394K)

>FE as popular as Pokemon

I'm sorry, where is FE on this list?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

I see Pokemon.
I see Mario.
I see Sonic.

Fuck, Angry Birds is there, right next to Resident Evil.

So where is FE?

>fourth dlc candidate
>fifth candidate (male alt)
>fifth candidate (female alt)
come on

Attached: cheeky.jpg (400x400, 19K)

DKC games are just generic 2d platformers. They're merely average while FE requires more brainpower.

When did the last new DK game come out? Oh yeah. Over FIVE years ago. Meanwhile FE is more relevant than its ever been. Stay mad.

I think Blythe is unlikely. Blythes style of fighting other than "sword" and questionably sword that can become a whip, isn't very well defined. However Dimitri, Claude and Edlgard could all end up in there and would play very different from every other Fire Emblem character.
>Dimitri being focused on Lance could be fun
>Edlegard using axes and having projectile hand axes would be cool
>Claude using only Bows would be fun
And people would actually know who the fuck the fire emblem characters are this time cause 3 houses sold like crack in a black neighborhood.

Attached: edlelez.jpg (914x634, 129K)

FE requires no brain power. Just grind and save scum until you win.

Pic related actually requires some strategic thinking.

Attached: artworks-000427336566-crsbdl-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 88K)

Fucking series need to be balanced out.
>Zelda: Skull Kid
>Kirby: Dark Matter, Bandana Dee
>F-Zero: Black Shadow
>Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong
There you go. All is well.

Honestly I would be cool with either of these two. Fire Emblem's main problem isn't just that there are too many characters, it's that 4 of them are Marth and all of them use swords.

>lol fuck simon and Richter, you mean chrom is ALL we get?
>I want byleth because chain whip, would be unique

Fuck off

>giving fucking Kirby two reps
No. It's a mediocre C-list franchise. It doesn't need anymore.

None of those series are popular enough or produce enough profits to warrant an additional representation, especially when you compare it to the rest of the series represented.

Only the Zelda series has an argument for an additional rep now that BotW2 is in production.

Of course, FE shouldn't have nearly as many reps as it does, and it's only ever gotten away with it because they've been acting as advertisements for a dying franchise.

FE cast needs a complete hard reboot in Smash 6. So many different combat styles sidelined in this game.

Especially now that Three Houses created some actually really likable characters, amplified coming right off of Fates unanimously terrible ones.

Attached: 1516226765033.png (1038x795, 1.91M)

>Poochy

Attached: file.png (640x480, 443K)

Which Advance wars games are worth playing? I tried the first one last night but I got bored before the tutorials were done because there were too many different units to memorize.

Fuck Kirby and DK. We need more Xenoblade reps.

>None of those series are popular enough or produce enough profits to warrant an additional representation

But enough about fe

semi-expecting a smaller, character-only DLC "pass" after this one wraps up.

Nintendo characters for the bigger Nintendo fans still hanging on to the game. If Three Houses character ever shows up, it'll be then

>OH NO NO NO

seething

Nintendo promoted FE to big dick status back in the Fates release, they consider it more important than fucking metroid, stay mad lmao

Kirby absolutely needs another rep, especially one from the post-Sakurai games. Despite Sakurai only having made a small amount of Kirby's games, almost all of Kirby's representation is Sakurai era shit - Dark Matter would be a great way to represent post-Sakurai, and it's certainly deserving since it its the main antagonist of the Kirby series.

It's still a chode.

>Remember, kids, always suck and fuck... TO THE EXTREEEEEEME!

>Dark Matter would be a great way to represent post-Sakurai, and it's certainly deserving since it its the main antagonist of the Kirby series.
???

Dark Matter isn't Post-Sakurai, it just wasn't Sakurai, but it was made at the same time. Sakurai left after Air Ride, Dark Matter was over on N64.

But no, as much as I love Kirby, he doesn't make enough money to be moved up a tier. Fox/Kid Icarus/Samus should be moved down a tier though.

All I can say is that Dimitri and Edelgard know have a better footing to become FE staples in Smash when Sakurai's sucessor revamps Smashes roster. Marth and co. are busted and only carried by legacy nostalgia.

Dual Strike has by far and away the most content of the games, and have the most "flashy" combat mechanics, and a variety of playstyles. That said, game balance is absolutely fucked by certain units, and even removing them doesn't do too much, and there's VAST differences in power levels between commanders. Aerial and Naval combat is absolutely fucked and can't be included in a fight, otherwise the game just becomes a rush to Ports or Airports. The story is fucking stupid but cute.

Days of Ruin has less content overall, and less of a difference between commanders, but the balance is significantly better (Aerial units can actually be included) overall and most armies need a rather varied army to be competitive when playing against real life players. The story isn't anything to write home about but it actually does depict war as horrible instead of playtime.

Neither GBA game is really worth going back to unless you just enjoy abusing AI, as it's what many maps are based on (and their hatred for APC's).

Music's good no matter what, but Dual Strike definitely has more variety.

Attached: 6710006a437f8a753569854b9c8c4f61.jpg (800x1200, 634K)

>Kirby doesn't make enough to be moved up a tier
In Japan he certainly does.

>Dark Matter
>over on 64
Dark Matter was in Squeak Squad, Robobot, and Star Allies. Nearly every final boss post-64 has borrowed from Dark Matter / Zero's design in some way - the Master Crown is referenced in Void Termina's attacks; Star Dream has one eye and features Zero's backbeat in it's theme; Void Termina literally IS Dark Matter; Drawcia, Magolor, and Dark Mind all heavily drew from the eye-motif. Dark Matter is constantly referenced in nu-Kirby and is clearly still relevant to the series, seeing as how heavily Void Termina was connected to it.
Literally the main antagonist of the series.

That said, if you're looking for a game that you can just jump into and play, Advance Wars isn't it. It is not a game of instant gratification.

In FE, you can pick a unit, memorize a very basic weapon triangle, and play with your favourites. Advance Wars is basically Civilization Lite - There's no way around memorizing all the units and their interactions with each other.

Attached: a4f2e30ffa0835fd5375c169eee8c06a.jpg (827x1169, 406K)

God the SNP are such faggots holy shit

>Axes are just going to be slower swords with a wider hitbox.

Throwing axes would also be a thing.

Dark Matter Saga was over on the 64, everything else has just been a callback.

You can't say DeDeDe is the series' longest running villain because he shows up all the time, even though he was only the main focus of one game.

Visual references and musical nods to past bosses don't mean that boss has anything to do with the arc or plot of the games. The Master Crown and everything about Magolor aren't confirmed to have anything to do with Zero or Dark Matter, Star Dream is literally just a fucking Nova that Halman made look cooler, Void Termina is NOT Dark Matter, there is absolutely NO confirmation of that anywhere.

Amazing Mirror is arguably the only time since 64 that Zero's actually had an effect on the plot, in that his alternate dimension form was the final boss. Squeak Squad has Dark Nebula, which was stated to be a rogue piece of Dark Matter in one of the art books, but that art book was stated as non-canon, so that's gone too.

References are nifty, but we haven't had a confirmation of Dark Matter in the actual plot of a Kirby game since Amazing Mirror, where he shared the spotlight with Nightmare.

From those picks only Porky matters, and he doesn’t even matter that much.

so boring, tasteless, lazy and stupid that might be true

I also think Byleth would be shite but Enlightened One provides a lot in terms of fighting style; Sword + Gauntlets + Light Magic could make for a somewhat unique moveset.

>Bandanna Waddle Dee
>King Boo
>Octoling
>[Three Houses person]
>[SW/SH pokemon]

here's your nintendo pass bros

Good characters.

Attached: Adeleine DLC.png (2400x1626, 3.43M)

Soulless.

>FE as popular as Pokemon
That's not what that user said, you absolute fucking retards. He said that both Pokemon and FE are massive, popular franchises, not that they have the same level of popularity. Pokemon being more popular than FE doesn't mean that FE isn't popular.

what im expecting and not wanting

King Boo would be moderately based, though

Protags also have proper cutscenes instead of still pictures telling you that the church collapsed. Don't even compare Edelgard's reunion with Dimitri's.

I'm comparing it to Claude's you filthy one router.

Because historically fire emblem gets preferential treatment

>First PoC rep
>First 100% Gay rep
He is in

>>Now that Three Houses is one of the best selling games on the systems and the hype surrounding the Fighters Pass what better way than to profit on it with Byleth?
that doesn't mean anything if they were planned a year ago, though

Fuck FE, if we are getting an anime shill rep make it the Outer Mercenary from DaemonXMachina, at least he would be unique while still wielding a sword.

Attached: 1563221164685.png (532x1055, 465K)

This is very quick and sloppy, so if anyone has any corrections to make, feel free

Attached: recruitment guide.jpg (2400x1200, 833K)

>literal who game

>Golden Deers gets 4 girls
>none of their members are homos
>Get free nuke and supreme gentleman's ICBM upgrade for the nuke
Best house, canon house

*villain

God damn it, that was MY route!

Attached: 1563128220862.jpg (320x320, 22K)

I liked it.

> Byleth gets in
> his A attacks are copypasted from Belmonts (All smashes, perhaps fair and bair too)
> Counter is Divine Cheese with a bullshit hitbox like Arsene
> Final Smash is Byleth Blanco
> no cool shit like gauntlets, axes, bows, spears, black magic or white magic

Attached: 1566163623557.gif (279x188, 341K)

This is how FEfags think.

Attached: smink.jpg (250x250, 35K)

Fucking Golden Derps

Why do they saddle the absolute best lead with the worst fucking support cast?

she's in

Attached: 1565984705117.jpg (1280x1819, 184K)

>most armies need a rather varied army to be competitive when playing against real life players
Did you actually play days of artillerychokepoints before they started culling the allowed maps to ones where arties are merely very good instead of "the only unit"?

>Fox/Kid Icarus/Samus should be moved down a tier
We are likely never getting anymore Star Fox characters and Kid Icarus representation is also hopefully done, Palutena was already a fucking stretch and every time I see someone bring up Dark Pit it's to shit on him. Maybe Viridi or Medusa, but I doubt it.

As for Metroid, I think we all know damn well there won't be another rep unless Nintendo suddenly decides fucking Sylux deserves some push. We're lucky we got Ridley.

>Pic related actually requires some strategic thinking.
>This is what AdvanceWarfags actually believe

You mean before they allowed airports? Yeah, that was fucking stupid. Once they allowed airports, the arts of choke wasn't an issue.

Though, there's still no fixing sea maps. Gunboat was a step in the right direction, but I can't think of a way to include battle ships without having them fuck all balance.

Nintendo is planning to have Sylux feature in 4, but no one in their right mind would think it'll show up in game.

She's far and beyond the most popular character in the game, even before it was released.
polygon.com/2019/8/1/20750296/fire-emblem-three-houses-edelgard-black-eagles-blue-lions-golden-deer-popularity-nintendo-switch

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo doesn't add someone from Three Houses as they know fans would lose their shit. Sakurai has been the one pushing Fire Emblem characters.

>FE bad!
>Mother series good even though it's another boring JRPG press a to win game
Face it none of you retards even play FE. SRPGs are the best RPGs and have actual depth unlike JRPGs.

pretty solid picks, user

Attached: nintendo pass.png (1280x448, 659K)

>"Paper Mario" as a character rather than a game
Fake fan.

Attached: 41666082_p10.png (900x792, 167K)

When I was a kid, I thought Marth was a girl and thought she was speaking Spanish. The Spanish sounding song that plays with Marth didnt help.

Robin is already in the game.

not vidya

>Side with Golden Deer of Chadhood
>Recruit Dorothea as wife, breed her day and night
>Side-ho Leonie the Cute Tomboy
>Straight up murder waifubait cunt
>Ignore bland blue boi
This is the true way.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Mike who?