What was so racist about Resident Evil 5...

What was so racist about Resident Evil 5? Is the idea that a zombie game set in Africa featuring black zombies really so offensive? Are people aware that there are black people living in Africa?

Attached: re5.jpg (960x960, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/an-informed-expert-speaks-out-on-re5-racism-update-5165545
kotaku.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People didn't realize they were zombies because Africans legitimately act like this.

KILLING BLACK PEOPLE BAD
KILLING WHITE PEOPLE GOOD

Racism was the hot button back then. Everything was racist in 200X like everything is sexist in 201X.

Its the implications and deeper meaning that can show a slight bit of race-fueled plot points in RE5's story
One could say that Wesker's choice of location was an easy one, since Africa is a horribly developed country with alot of manpower to easily be enslaved via the T-Virus / Las Plagas, and virtually no contact to the outside world so no one could effectively "call for help" from Wesker and Co's wrath

So if you draw conclusions saying that Capcom looks down on Africa and sees it as weak, then it could be racist. But anyone who just looks on the surface level and says "BUT IM SHOOTING BLACK PEOPLE, THATS BAAD" then they are cringe

REPARATIONS

Considering Capcom has barely any if no positive black portrayals in their games
Considering the only other black guy in the series dies immediately
Considering Chris running around in his military gear gunning down dirt poor people and stealing their jewels and money

It seems that these SJWs have a case.

Everything is still racist.

Why didn't you save her from the blacks, Yea Forums?

Attached: allyson.jpg (720x303, 180K)

So what you’re saying it that reality racist?

Attached: sier.png (439x456, 224K)

I think the most racist parts of the game were the fact you were literally gunning down tribal African people wearing grass skirts and big wooden masks, and you could unlock a fap-bait costume for Sheva which was basically a jungle girl outfit. Also you're playing a big white American dude who is technically "invading" Africa and shooting a bunhc of locals up because lol they're literally "a disease"

Attached: 1557175225183.jpg (496x482, 61K)

>wearing grass skirts and big wooden masks
I mean, thats what they wear

This unironically

>Considering Chris running around in his military gear gunning down dirt poor people and stealing their jewels and money
Same thing happens in RE4. Your other points are irrelevant because they're inherently racist. If the only way for you to relate to a character is to share their skin color then go ahead and do just that, take a dip in shit or in bleach (to whiten your skin)

No, the problem was Chris (a white guy) mowing down black people.

Thats why they added Sheeva.

There isn't a long ugly history of Americans raiding, raping, and pillaging Spain, user. You might want to glance at a history book.

Spaniards are white, so that's fine.

Fuck niggers tbqh

Mediterraneans aren't white.

How is history relevant to gaming? History itself is completely irrelevant

They're not human anymore, they're zombies. You're not going to survive if you keep treating them like people

Hey now, those were Europoors. All America's interactions with Africa are strictly through third party transactions.

I'm descended from Romans, and they killed some Spaniards, am I allowed to play RE4? What's the cutoff point?

what was really racist is that sheva is not my wife irl

Attached: shevafuzzy.png (800x918, 345K)

I'm almost dead certain that if the game was exactly the same except they made the enemies have white skin then there wouldn't have been any muh racism articles despite the fact that it wouldn't have made any sense.

America also didn't raid, invade, pillage, or rape Africa either. In fact most slaves bought in the slave trade were sold from the African lords themselves selling people from tribes they've conquered and battles they've won.

I think the two main points of contention was the random white blonde woman out of nowhere who gets dragged off by them and the literal tribal people

It is impossible to have a honest discussion about anything racial on this godforsaken board.

please tell me theres an Afro mod for RE5, i fucking LOVE big hair on black women

Is sheva half-white?

Damn that is racist

Attached: AE81D51D-78E8-4B59-97E5-F5C804319C7E.jpg (470x352, 26K)

It's possible, it's just that the semi-anonymous nature means that people don't have to put on airs, and so the logically coherent right-think your arguments depend upon isn't there.

The idea that "white series mainstay, who has appeared before, appears in a game set in Africa, which is - you guessed it - populated with Africans" is somehow racist because of something literally CENTURIES past, is asinine. It isn't that you're making the argument on this board, it's that you're making the argument.

This. George Zimmerman is my hero.

WHEN YOU SHOOT NIGS

LMAO BOTTOM TEXT

Underrated

What's racist about showing tribal people living in African jungles? They exist in real life, and even if they weren't around anymore they are still a part of African history, like how the castles and medieval shit are a part of Spanish history

This. Nobody *ever* gives a fuck about a game if it has white people being killed en masse. But killing a black character? Sheeeeeit.

I'm 1/1084ths black. Where's muh gibs?

Well duh.
But ultimately, it's to be expected the entire argument is based on being obtuse on the context of everything.
Chris is more than just some White American, he's a recurring hero of the game. The Africans aren't really Africans. The villains sure as fuck aren't African. And it's a Japanese game. Bringing up the history of white colonialism on Africa is completely irrelevant.

The part with the tribal guys is explained in game though.

fpbp

because it's too close to reality. That's why it's racist

Attached: Resident evil 5.webm (480x360, 483K)

Is there a game with an uglier filter in video games?

Zombies were originally black, so I'm not sure what the deal is here.

whats this

Attached: 1565956719575.webm (540x302, 2.55M)

>white guy shooting up black zombie-like people
>"but it's okay because his partner is black"
>"no this isn't okay. change it"
>throw in a few white models so it's immediately not racist
>later game has zombie tribal black people in grass skirts and wooden spears coming out of grass huts
>"haha gottem"

Japanese are tone-deaf when it comes to American social issues.

History is irrelevant because it's easily falsified. I'm not saying this as a way to make you angry because that's not my point. My point is that history isn't objectively portrayed, it's portrayed by people who all have their own beliefs and agendas. That's why you're convinced that blacks are the victims of whites when this may not be the case, in fact the complete opposite may be true. It all depends on the way you look at it, and I wish YOU would think about why you look at it the way you do

Holy shit that's legit zombie behavior.

>Japanese are tone-deaf when it comes to American social issues.
That's a good thing.

I'll always remember laughing until it became physically painful, playing this game drunk with my bud. We couldn't help ourselves, making so many fucking racist jokes. Then this shit happened it was too much. It was a damn fun COOP game too. Def one of my favorite gaming experiences ever

Why should the Japanese, or anyone, care about American hang ups? It would be like expecting Americans to never portray a skeleton again, to accommodate the Chinese.

Capcom can't be complicity racist because, here's the thing what's happening in Africa right now in the real world is actually far worse then anything in Resident Evil 5.

But the truth is often harder to swallow then any perceived reality.

Attached: images.jpg (208x242, 7K)

Remember these guys?

Attached: 1540328958867.jpg (620x400, 64K)

Ummmm sweetie RE5 isn’t racist because it was made by asian people, and thoses are also oppresed by the WHITE CIS STRAIGHT MAN

south african miners charging with knives and blunt instruments into a group of well-armed police

Is that the white girl who slept inside a dead horse?

>the chick getting naked and crawling inside of a horse

Attached: comfy.jpg (285x267, 16K)

>the tribal spearchuckers were actually normal people who "went back to their roots" when they got infected
ugh why is this allowed

This seriously. Those "evil slave masters" had to deal with the responsibility of trying to advance and civilize a group who did everything in their power to resist this "medicine". Like imagine taking a dog to the vet because you, as a human, obviously know what's best for it but it freaks out on you and causes trouble... times several hundred times. Really they were doing more for the blacks than any abolitionist ever did.

>"it's da j00z, not the white people's problem"

Fuck off.

>Why should the Japanese, or anyone, care about American hang ups?
Because they're international companies selling products in America.

As a Spaniard I allow you to play Resident Kino 4

I want a resident evil in mexico where halfway all the zombies start wearing mariachi outfits.

The religious behaviour was part of the virus, the Ganados acted the same way in RE4, treating Saddler like he was the Pope.

CHINGA TU MADRE
DETRAS DE TI PENDEJO
PUEDES CORRER PERO NO PUEDES CULIAR
ATRAPEN AL GRINGO

More specifically, why should the Japanese, or anyone, care about the hang ups of a very small, specific group of low IQ Americans who are professionally offended?

The vast majority of Americans aren't dumb enough to care that a game set in Africa, features Africans. Expecting other cultures to keep up with your culture's loons is asinine.

A ESA GRINGA YO ME LA VOY A MACHETIAR!

according to society wrecking jews and their followers, literally everything is racist. except for anti-white racism of course

Kind of disgusting desu

fuck that guy

Hey, Capcom's free to ignore the American's complaints at their own peril. They're the ones buying into the series.

Looking back while definitely stupid and very far reaching, the allegations of racism for RE5 were so much more grounded than what we get now. Its honestly completely reasonable by comparison. Now you get permanently banned for misgendering a robot.

>Ad hominems
>Moving the goalposts
Why respond if you're only going to be stupid? Wasting my time and yours. If you're going to sell products in a country you need at the very least a basic understanding of the current climate and what certain issues are.

>black people infected by parasite
>suddenly some of them start wearing tribal clothes and making tribal noises

It's not that hard to put two and two together to see why this would raise a few eyebrows.

Attached: pedro facepalm.gif (500x281, 1022K)

They weren't tone deaf they just didn't care. They'd already made all that content and by the time the controversy hit critical mass the game was already mostly finished. The bean counters weren't going to let fringe accusations force them to completely redesign 1/3 of 100+ million dollar project.

I'm not moving the goal post, just trying to make something that should have been clear already, a little more clear to you.

"The current climate", "certain issues", blow it out your ass. RE5 sold millions in N. America, because nobody gave a damn. Getting offended that Africa is full of Africans isn't "the current climate", it's a small group of retards who were given a bullhorn.

There are people in Africa that do that right now. There are still a lot of people living that way there. Large portions of Africa are completely undeveloped. Some tribes still hunt fucking lions on foot with spears, while borderline naked, using only traditional hunting techniques, in 2019, to feed their children. The idea was the virus would affect these people since no one is there to check up on them just like it could contaminate an entire Spanish shit village since again no one from any developed area would notice until the situation was beyond control.

shut the fuck up you fucking racist dirtbag

>Suddenly
They were a semi-tribe that's been infected by Las Plagas for a long time, reverting them back to their tribalistic ways.

It's not that much different from RE4. You go from Spanish villagers that then revert back to their medieval ways. Same shit with RE5, except with Africans.

how can a game be racist if a black character is THIS fuckable?

Attached: shevaBLACKER.webm (1080x1080, 2.99M)

i bought this game just to kill nigger zombies but couldnt get into the game itself.

Attached: sb.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

would american ganados revert back to pilgrims?

She honestly looks better with darker skin

There's a file that explains how the tribals were city people who just went nuts and started building a spearchucker shanty town. That's why they're located within walking distance of a major city

No, that's why they added white guys and Hispanics to the first few levels. Sheva was there from conception and playable for just about as long.

>Ganados revert to cloak wearing cultists
>Mercs gonna merc. One of them has a big honkin' minigun.
>Majinis.....uhhhh............Grass skirts and wooden masks. Oh, and tribal spears and shields.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

kys

It’s not hard to see why, on a surface level, it could be viewed as racist. You have people in grass skirts and tribal masks chucking spears and shit at you while mowing them down as a muscular white dude. But at most it’s just culturally insensitive and who gives a shit about that. Hell it even has journal entries that talk about the exploitation of the Africans and how no one seemed to give a shit about it.

There's nothing racist about it, but then I'm a black born here so what do I care about goes on in Africa? Capcom basically sat at a table and said 'where's a good place to put the next RE game and to show off Chris's glistening new muscles?' and then they decided Africa. What would everybody clap their hands if they chose Russia or the middle east?

make the protagonists both black and it would've been fine

Attached: 1561262890664.jpg (883x1765, 433K)

No, they would have complained about the glorification of black-on-black violence.

Attached: mass shooting.jpg (3009x3240, 1.39M)

fpbp

It's basically just basedboys freaking out that a popular game depicts africans as hideous monsters and villains. dehumanizing them or whatever, sort of similar to how whenever people would think of a bad guy in the 80s or 90s they imagined some Russians, or in the 00s Arabs and mudslimes. They're basically seething because this game depicts niggers the way they actually are.

Attached: blacks.jpg (3000x1500, 942K)

Nah, they would have said nothing, because these people have an interest in making sure black on black/black on white violence is never discussed.

majority of those cases are not considered home grown terrorism

I think most people who were complaining (all 10 of them) didn't understand the context of RE5 and only saw Chris shooting black people.

Yes, those cases are just home grown criminals, who contribute to a violence trend that dwarfs mass shootings and terrorism.

And why do you think that is?

retard

That's because nogs committing crimes is such a commonplace affair that the media has stifled for decades. Anywhere self-respecting would be cracking down on them, not America.

Initially, all of the infected were black, and the two main characters were Chris and Barry, aka two burly white dudes. Nothing about that was racist, of course, since it took place in Africa and they were infected. But without sensation and forced hysteria, the media can't make any money, you know?

Attached: 1352132596195.jpg (720x540, 25K)

>be American
>television glorifies nogs
>music glorifies nog

>tfw solid 8/10 and earning a good salary
NIGGER

That's why they only inserted non-black majini in the opening town levels. They knew the whiners weren't going to play more than 10 minutes before condemning the whole thing. They appeased them just enough to get them to shut up and go away. Then RE5 went on to being the best selling RE game ever.

Attached: fat.png (822x741, 417K)

Nothing. Leftists and other whiners screamed racism because blacks were portrayed poorly, but if the game was set in Russia they would all stay quiet.

It was a meme but then memes became real about 5 years ago

>only two girls
Mass shooters are still not diverse enough it seems

Hahahaha libtards owned, fuck blacks ain't that right us polbros so funny! Bet nobody saw that joke coming, blacks are suck subhumans ahahaha

Heres your dumb (You) already

>I'm assblasted at /pol/ the image
Why can't niggers accept most people don't like them?
The only reason niggers live with us is because some faggy pseudo moralism result of indoctrination of bullshit like 'no one is born racist lmao'.

>474609082
This kind of post is little better

They might revert back to being nearly naked, starving potato niggers speaking Irish and doing jigs.

is this a compilation of the same guy?

I see we have come to a common agreement

Speaking of fuckable.

now widen her nose, protrude her chin/jaw and make her lips huge and tits banana shaped.

Low IQ people think that if a black person is ever portrayed in a negative light then that is racism. So you cant tell a story with black villains or zombies or whatever.

they added that 1 mexican man with the mustache as an enemy that showed up more often than blacks. really ruined my immersion.

I had no idea white supremacists were so black.

don't project your weird monkey bestiality fetish on others user

>some redditor actually went out of their way to make that pic
The amount of cherrypicking is adorable

Attached: salt.jpg (850x636, 85K)

>nobody was talking about Russia.

Shut up, Bad Vlad.

Bitch if we wanted you all dead we'd just outright shoot you all, and would have done so years ago. Not waste hundreds of millions of dollars on bullshit schemes that would take decades to see results and not even affect all of you.

And again notice the ceaseless words, gets everything across with minimal verbiage. Meanwhile leftards have to jam as much bullshit into their image as possible so there isnt a chance of you drawing the wrong conclusion.

>balding or short-haired
>rectangular eyeglasses
>a handful of them are probably white latino

I'm sensing a pattern here...

>almost all have an oval shaped head
What does it mean?

cyka

Attached: __katyusha_and_toosaka_rin_girls_und_panzer_and_etc_drawn_by_cmpede__208f350aa1bb747c02e68050f5979f0 (2894x4093, 3.08M)

kotaku.com/an-informed-expert-speaks-out-on-re5-racism-update-5165545

Attached: verdict.jpg (998x1198, 197K)

There isn't one of them doing that to Africa either. Talk to the Europeans and the Jewish.

>linking directly to kotaku
Archive that shit.

look like your typical mass shooter

You mean that Wesker, a villain, did a shitty thing and exploited a poor country because it's a villainous thing to do?

>t. thinks "nigga" and "nigger" are two different words with different meanings

Why? the fuck does it matter

Lurk moar newfag.

I love how you leftists keep getting btfo.

Fuck off.

kotaku.com

Attached: lmao.jpg (640x853, 78K)

Are Mariachis racist? Leprechauns?
Not allowing them to be shown in media means showimg every culture as exactly the same, which is what sjws want but also is totally the antithesis to diversity and just fucking boring.
Having said that they are stereotypes so i can see how people see them as racist, even if they were true stereotypes of things that were real.
It depends entirely on how inherently offensive you think stereotypes are.

Answer the question

The first trailer showed a white woman running in fear of black people twist is in the game she's the first one to get a parasite coming out of her head so it wasn't racist