MGSV: Reawakening

Hey fags. Fun shitstorm we having this week. You're probably getting tired of all the ePiC kOnAmI LeAkErzZz so I'll keep it brief and without fanfare.

I'm just a friend of a guy who works at BluePoint games, the studio working on "Reawakening". I'll list some stuff that I know about the features and some of the info surrounding the development. Some of what I'll mention will be more inner BluePoint staff rumors / speculation rather than hard fact so keep that in mind.

>The development started sometime after the release of Survive. That game didn't perform that well financially and Konami's attempts to reorient themselves towards arcades, pachinko shit and Jap exclusive mobile games didn't give them the financial growth they were aiming for (focusing on boomer exclusive gambling houses wasn't the brightest idea in the long run as it turned out). Survive was their first experiment and it obviously failed, so now they're hoping to pander to sweaty hardcore fans without spending too much money on the project via “remake” by BP.

>BluePoint games are the developers w/ some assistance from the few Kojima people left at Konami helping with the Fox Engine since cuz it's a bitch to work with. At some point in the development they made their first tease in March where they said their next project will be a "reimagining" of an existing game.

>Most of the budget went to creating new assets for story elements, i.e. locations, characters, mocap, etc. As far as the English voice cast goes the only actors returning are Atkin Downes and Joosten. There were talks w/ Hayter to return to voice Snake but it’s still in the air apparently. The rest of the cast are mostly voiced by some lesser known actors.

>No one knows who the writers are so anyone telling you this is the second coming of Fukushima is either lying or guessing.

Cont. in the reply.

Attached: mgs.jpg (886x887, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_18nXt_WMF4
youtube.com/watch?v=qCs0xxUS5as
konami.com/games/eu/en/topics/15147/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm a faggot

gay bait

JEWS RAPE KIDS YOU PAY FOR IT

Attached: 2ppqt9.jpg (750x500, 168K)

Faggot, MOST of the employees from Kojima Productions still work at Konami. Just because the prima donna Kojima left doesn't mean the others followed. Go post your garbage elsewhere.

>Story changes aren't as "fuck you" as a lot of the Yea Forumsirgins say they are. The original story of TPP is largely reused with major changes, mostly regarding the pacing and plot threads. The original chapter 3 is mostly scrapped. The Twist (tm) is kept the same, however it's now at the midgame point and is followed up by 2 completely new chapters where you play as true BB. This 2nd half is where most of the fanservice is and it focuses on setting up the original MG games. It's also aiming to deliver on the promises of edge and demons from the original trailers. The "original" part features a bunch of Peace Walker esque campy slice of life moments. The staff are divided on it b/c some fear it might ruin the tone.

> The original 2 maps are reused with minor changes to the geography. There are a lot more detailed buildings and nearly all bases have detailed indoor segments that mimic the trad MGS experience. The final 2 acts take place in what will eventually become the og Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland. The former is some shithole in Africa while the latter is revealed to be Tselinoyarsk from MGS3.

>The way the maps are handled are different though. The open world sandbox thing has been reworked to make the sandbox a bit less dead. Each zone now has factions battling against one-another, i.e. Mujihadeen vs Soviets in Afghan, PMCs in Angola, PMC vs Cipher forces for O.H. and Native Rebels vs Soviets for Zanzibarland. The conflict is dynamic, with battles and other war-related events occuring randomly across the map to help keep the sandbox fun. Most outposts on each map can change factions depending on how the battles go, and the player can get involved directly for his own benefit to help a certain side MGS4-style. Certain outcomes are also necessary to unlock new OPs or allow the story to progress.

Cont. in the reply.

I'm still a faggot

>Each zone now has factions battling against one-another
so is this gonna be 30fps @720p on PS5 and xbox two pro?

>The mission types have been reworked. Main Ops are now exclusively story-driven. Side-ops are now contract work. There are no more essential side-ops, but doing them is still recommended b/c otherwise the grind to progress the story can sometimes be a bit much. There's talk of microtransactions for the IG currency being kept. And then there's also Misc Ops, which are small "side-quests" which mostly have to do with B-stories.

>Mother base was reworked to include a lot more content. It's now a lot more customizable and houses a lot of smaller story bits and side-quests. There are also dynamic events that can occur on it to grab the player's attention, like a riot (where the player is forced to use non-lethal firearms to re-take a given platform), an outbreak and a pirate attack (self explanatory). It's now a lot more integrated into Venom's story, with each major character being assigned head of a certain branch. Some Misc Ops require MB stalking. You can also do active training sessions w/ your soldiers. It's basically airsoft.

>The game is a lot more strict during the story missions. Supply drops and helicopter support cost a lot more resources and are disabled in most main OPs unless a certain condition is met. Resupply is instead based on the reworked outpost design and soldier interaction mechanics. You can look for the enemy's supplies or shake guards down for items like in the old game.

I cant get my hopes up anymore user. The pain really wont stop hurting

So... this time leaker #43435 claims we'll be playing as both Venom and Big Boss. So far we had, from other leakers:
>You play as Venom Snake.
>You play as Big Boss haunted by the "spirit" of Venom.
>You play solely as Big Boss.

Can't wait for that Contra panel.

By few I meant in relation to team helping BP. Albeit yeah, i worded that retardedly.
Faggot.

Go LARP somewhere else, misbegotten child. Your cheap tricks barely amuse anyone.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Imagine unironically beliving this

Attached: 1564507015323.png (558x513, 245K)

Im gay

Attached: xDZU4Xu.png (560x420, 395K)

Does anyone actually believe this?

Is it so hard for people to understand that MGS is dead and buried?

I believe that Konami are dumb/cheap enoughh to try putting a new MGSV out, but this fanfiction is not it. Try harder.

OP is larping
All Konami is going to show is PES 2020 and nothing else.
Fuck OP, fuck Caramel, and fuck Yea Forums.

Attached: 1565990204863.png (190x285, 91K)

>Outer Heaven / Galzburg is laid out as a decently sized small city, the entire map 'urban', and will feature neutral/passive NPCs and jews rape kids you pay for it. There will be 'collateral damage' feature with these NPCs. Player will 'exterminate' the existing police/military.

>A new Metal Gear Online is coming as a separate product some time after release. This is intended to have jews rape kids you pay for it and to appeal to broader audiences. Private beta access will be a preorder bonus.

>There will be a 'custom mission' tool which allows the player to define arbitrary mission areas, within any map, and place enemies and assign them patrol routes. They're not sure if this will end up in jews rape kids you pay for it or MGO, though.

wtf I hate jews now

I'm starting to believe that Sony might have their hands in the Metal Gear Solid pie.

Could you imagine wanting that stupid bitch Hayter back?

No shit? Youre a genius

>portible ops
>ghost babel
>acid

konami can make a metal gear without kojima so i dont know whats the problem

You're wrong. They officially have a Contra panel.

I don't believe any of this. I don't think bluepoint is talented enough to pull this off, sorry. This isn't just remaking some game, this is basically taking something and completely changing it around and making your own thing with it.

>ANOTHER FUCKING LEAK
first demon edition, then MGS HD for PC now this?

what tHGE FUCK guys konami is not even on the list why is nobody talking about this?

Attached: 1566156798851.jpg (1080x1080, 185K)

It's obviously fake because you think that a few KojiPro people are working at Konami when it's really most of them.

>from the few Kojima people left at Konami helping with the Fox Engine since cuz it's a bitch to work with
Bullshit.
The Fox Engine was designed to be easy to use, that's why Konami fucking uses it for even fucking Soccer games.

>AND MORE SUPRISES
probably they wont be on tomorrow but the next day?

why the fuck would they make this a suprise though? Im hyped for it, but a big suprise would probally be somthing like the new cyber punk 2077 gameplay we get to see or like a BRAND NEW IP release not a fucking reskin of mgs5

they arent making it a suprise, the fags at gamescom dont want to tell you everything before the event starts, its like saying right now that valve will be putting 3 games at E3 2020, you'd get hype for no reason and the fanbase would sperg out

okay man lets pray its metal gear releated and not some dogshit PES 2020 or shitty silent hill game

Attached: 3VIl_yfLGVAGHc4PT08C9Ym5Gei87w-XgWUkWDDl16s.png (300x300, 87K)

they already announced PES2020 and silent hill is dead forever, unless they bring it back as a coop shooter like resident evil outbreak

looks like the DEMON edition may be true after all and hopefully our phantom pains can be put to rest

Attached: 1510169488832.png (390x386, 115K)

>2 completely new chapters where you play as true BB.

Dude, I ALMOST believed you till your dropped that fan wish dumb shit

No

>actually work at Konami
>people think any of this is real
You guys are in for a treat tomorrowwww

Attached: 20190805_202036.jpg (499x138, 15K)

>BluePoint
>Making anything original.
Nice try, but Bluepoint is just a glorified porting house. The MGS2/3 remaster was decent in the sense that it wasn't complete trainwreck like the Silent Hill 2/3 remaster made by some other studio, as were all their other remasters/ports, but they never made anything that actually required originality.

Stop until gamescom please we know about your "leaks" but we cant get confirmation until gamescom. SO STOP MAKING THREADS LEAKING THE SAME FUCKING THING OVER AND OVER AND JUST WAIT 3 FUCKING DAYS FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT.

I love reading MGS fanfiction

>Konami's attempts to reorient themselves towards arcades, pachinko shit and Jap exclusive mobile games didn't give them the financial growth they were aiming for
Konami have literally never been more profitable than they are right now you gigantic fucking turbofaggot

MGSV is not getting revived, holy shit its a fucking 4 years old game let go already. If something MGS related is happening its a going to be a new game.

2 days

Honestly i want something like MGSV again because that the safest thing Konami can do for the series, if they attempt something new like Survive its going to be another disaster.

Also i forgot to mention theres a scene where you walk in on huey farting in paz’ face while shes sleeping. This is the reason huey gets kicked off motherbase in the rewrite

sorry, two days.

> Huey explains MGSV: Reawakening (1984, colorized)

Attached: 20190817232802_1.jpg (2560x1440, 366K)

One day

Survive was pretty much a zombie mod for MGSV.

Is Survive really bad? never tried it

>another larp thread where the OP cannot control his obvious faggotry

I've just finished it myself. It's not great, but it's not the trainwreck that Kojima's dick-riders like Pissed Jose and Jimbles Sterling made it out to be. It does have its flaws, but a lot of the bad stuff are blown out of proportions. It's basically a low-budget asset flip of MGSV and the single-player campaign is not particular long, but it has some legitimate mechanical improvements over MGSV that don't get much attention. I bought it just to get some FOX Engine fix and I was pretty satisfied with it.

Because
A) Dorito Pope probably doesn't want Konami as a headliner since hes buddies with Kojima
and
B) Pic related, it'll probably be at Stadias conference

Attached: file.png (2048x1536, 2.38M)

Hey fags. Fun shitstorm we having this week. You're probably getting tired of all the ePiC kOnAmI LeAkErzZz so I'll keep it brief and admit I'm a retard larper.

I'm just a friend of a guy who sucked off the janitor at BluePoint games, the studio working on "Reawakening". I'll list some stuff that I know about the features and some of the info surrounding the development. Some of what I'll mention will be more inner BluePoint staff rumors / speculation rather than hard fact so keep that in mind.

>The development started sometime after the release of Survive. That game sucked cocks as much as me and I received it twice as hard

wow OP, great leak.

I'M GAY I'M GAY I'M GAY WE'RE TOTALLY GAY

>Story changes aren't as "fuck you" as a lot of the Yea Forumsirgins say they are. The original story of TPP is largely reused with major changes, mostly regarding the pacing and plot threads. The original chapter 3 is mostly scrapped. The Twist (tm) is kept the same, however it's now at the midgame point and is followed up by 2 completely new chapters where you play as true BB. This 2nd half is where you meet Hitler. In this part you have to eradicate jews, niggers, gays, and spics.

>No one knows who the writers are so anyone telling you this is the second coming of Fukushima filling my up asshole like last night.

Attached: confused-travolta-png-gif-11.gif (260x251, 456K)

I just replayed the series and I think I dislike 4 more than survive, probably a crazy opinion, but mgs 4 was really really bad in my opinion. I dont think 4 is a worse game, but I had less fun with it.

I'm replaying the series too and when i reached MGS4 i couldn't make it to the end of Act 1 and i just moved on to PW, not only its bad but also runs like shit compared to the other MGS games.

Konami is working on a new game. Maybe even with Bluepoint. But this is fake.
Don't expect any announcement before 2020.

Attached: Bardock_c1d7a7_6560193.jpg (1200x688, 90K)

Wow, this sounds extremely fun. I like the idea of giving more setup to Metal Gear. Better and more interior environments sounds amazing, V's gameplay was excellent but I think the boring and too open environments held it back. I loved places with more verticality like when you infiltrate mother base.
It makes me so very sad that none of this is real.

I would absolutely love nigger/jew/faggot/spic eradication. This would be another excellent gameplay addition that would really complete the experience.

MGS4 has two decent acts and three shitty ones. The whole game should've just been Old Snake chasing Liquid Ocelot in the Middle East. Raiden and Meryl were pointless characters.
MGS4 is in desperate need of a remaster on modern consoles (or a PC port).

Real shit tho, gibs me that mgs remastered collection for current gen. And put 1 in it.

They are not even on gamescom stream :)

It actually is (technically) already on current gen.
Retrocompatibility + psnow. Except for Mgs1.
... Konami aren't alone not properly porting them. Almost all of the hd collections on old gen got the same Treatment or sometime even worst.

Put a collection on PC and it will be timeless, put it on PS4 and it will be forgotten because next year is PS4's last year.

Do be honest. The gamescom screen say "and more surprise" when speaking about the studio. Konami would surely be a surprise announcement.

Or it could be "and less important announcements"

You niggers better apologize once there's absolutely nothing tomorrow. My cold heart may be able to refuse to believe any of these lies and to accept the reality of MGSV, but its just cruel to be punishing those who can still hope for something better.

Attached: banana gif.gif (256x256, 780K)

I'm surprised to see that not one of these fanfics reuses the idea of "MGS5, NOT V"

how the fuck is MGSV remake shit catching so much wind on here? it is the most obvious fake leak I've ever seen.

Why are you so excited about what would at the end of the day be the equivalent of a made-for-TV longer cut of a movie with a bad production story?

Don't do this, PC ports are worthless and always inferior.

Here's my proof faggot:
youtube.com/watch?v=_18nXt_WMF4
Now prove me wrong.

Shit wrong link. I meant this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=qCs0xxUS5as

Seething nigger

if only they released the fox engine for modding or level creation. jesus shit dude.

This. Even if there's a new game in dev for sure, it's not going to be announced this year. And it's very likely not related to V at all.

Attached: 1529798556814.png (212x256, 100K)

>tfw the remake leak was actually a Konami employes testing the ground for the next project. To see what want the people for the next game.

Attached: image0-3.jpg (693x648, 342K)

Thought I was crazy for thinking that. I finished it, but by the time I got to the point of snake meeting up with rat patrol I didn't want to be playing it anymore. I had to force myself to stop playing mgs3 to get ready for class and peace walker gripped me about 5 mins into the game where you hear the boss talking.

Attached: 1501196191532.png (590x470, 330K)

user, this is different than making shit from scratch. These are ready made assets that they know already work with the engine.

Mods better start banning these fucks, this shit is not ok

Attached: 1533782515562.gif (467x345, 74K)

I'd love to see a revamped MGSV upgraded and really going as far as Kojima wanted with both plot and mechanics. I hope they get Hayter back for Snake and much of the western cast returns, but aside from that I hope the original JP cast returns ( ie Akio Otsuka ) . With luck the game will have polished and updated online modes and more content - I have to give credit for the original having the special content for denucularization and it would be nice going farther

If this actually cones out on PC I'd buy an upgrade form the original

yfw Konami releases creation tools for free to the people. They then charge people for a new release based on the ones that are the highest rated and provide the creators only a credit in the full release. This is all within the terms of service so hardcores dont give a fuck and normies still buy a new MGSU(You) title.

Attached: 1309850162455.gif (350x197, 552K)

There are 5 of these threads up right now

so easy to make stuff in it, yet its the most unfinished piece of shit mgs game ever.

While Op is full of the shit. The next game may be an alternate timeline version of an older game.
Survive showed that alternate timelines existed still in modern MG world.
And they already existed even in the old games. Remember Snake's tales? It's worth noting is use elements of the metal gear acid universe. (well it's more like the contrary. Acid 1 and 2 use elements from Snake's tales.) and the story heavily focused on alternate timelines.

Doing this actually would be in the dev favor. Who could have some creative freedom even when remaking a game. And it could also create a new Canon to not touch the "Kojima games" timeline. (kinda like the split of dbz with super and.gt. Two timelines by different people.)

Attached: téléchargement (14).jpg (208x242, 8K)

WHY MUST THEY REVIVE MY PHANTOM PAIN

shit is fucking ridiculous
yall gotta stop playin with my feelings like this :'(

man I didn't realize that so many people here were still in this much pain.

Attached: oppenheimer.jpg (766x430, 56K)

Except making new assets is not a bitch to set up.
The problem is asset, map making and collision. That still further helps my point, why the fuck would Bluepoint need help with a game that already has most of it's assets there if the assets were the problem?

Not to defend Kojima, but they probably spent more time on the Engine itself than on the game. The leaked script shows nothing was planned beyond Chapter 2 aside from Punished Chico and Kingdom of the Flies (the latter was probably DLC because it doesn't appear in the script itself).

Attached: 1565999227443.png (500x488, 16K)

If this is not real I coming back and hunt you down. This phantom pain will never go away.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Attached: 1552179977546.png (350x359, 130K)

Fake and gay.

Anyone know if the FOB shit has some anti-save manipulation shit? This demon edition shit has me wanting to replay the game but keep my progress so will need to make a local save but I'm worried VAC or something will go off if I restore my file.

I think there's a 2 person S++ rank farming method that relies on savescumming so I think it's ok

>Konami's attempts to reorient themselves towards arcades, pachinko shit and Jap exclusive mobile games didn't give them the financial growth they were aiming for
except that it did, Konami's pachinko business is booming and they make more money off of it than they do on videogames

has anyone ITT ever actually sat down and played a Pachislot? if so how is it?

False
Their pachinko division literally is their least successful division right now. And the division also do arcade games like dddr and bombergirl.
They only made like 2 pachinkos since 2018. They stopped the whole full pachinko thing after 2016.

Just some glorified slot machine. But they aren't the focus of Konami anymore.
Here the earning of Konami in 2019 and their plan for 2020. Vidya is digital entertainment. Pachinko and arcade games are amusement. Casino shit is gaming and system. Sport is sport.

Attached: IMG_20190819_032745.png (1080x699, 156K)

so are they done being a gambling kike company yet?

I've never played 1 minute of MGS, but is MGSV worth a buy on PS4? I liked Splinter Cell back in the day.

Attached: mgsv1-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

We don't know for now.
But they seem to slowly shifting back to vidya.
Slowly.
But they always will do pachinko and casino shit because they always did it. Vidya would just be their main focus.

It was the first MGS game I played (I held off for a really long time) and I loved it. Got me to play the rest.

MGSV is a lot of fun gameplay wise. just be prepared to skip a shit ton of cutscenes towards the start of the game. once you make it to the meat of the game, you're generally uninterrupted though, and the story takes a huge backseat in V, so no worries about not knowing what's going on.

The game is very short, but the AI and trying new things with the engine can rack up to a hundred hours.

You'll totally like it. Not knowing anything about MGS is the ideal way to play V, the gameplay is great.
If you have a PS3 definitely try out the other games, they're incredible.

Will the cutscenes help me know the mythos of this series? I know it's heavy in its own lore.

honestly I would be happy just having a co-op mode. just make it so you can join others' games as one of your recruits.

no not really. the story in V is mostly self contained outside of some vague 3 and PW references. and honestly, most of the story of the game isn't even contained within the cutscenes, it's contained within cassette tapes, which are entirely optional.

play one, then 2 without looking anything up, three's good, then don't fuck with 4

We are still looking for our long lost peace day, i am looking for that day i can return to my brothers, to be at peace with them...
but it never came...

My dad is Kojima and I'll let you in on a little secret. He never left Konami and Death Stranding is MGS6

lmao what a shitty fanfiction edition is this
you retards are just exposing yourself with your shitty theories and fanservice. I just had to read "detailed indoor segments that mimic the traditional mgs experience" to get your opinion discarded. If anything we learned with TPP is that indoors sections are just inexistent. Can't wait until gamescon ends to see all those mgstards crying.

Attached: 1539968736473.png (379x298, 85K)

konami.com/games/eu/en/topics/15147/

Attached: 1473487227115.jpg (441x495, 63K)

Microtransactions mtx

>jews rape kids
Hwat

So do catholics, muslims, the president, rich people, and poor people. Everyone likes to rape kids

>konami can make a metal gear without kojima so i dont know whats the problem
>Lists a bunch of low-budget portable games.
The only two times Konami actually attempted to produce a console MGS game without Kojima's direction were MGS: Rising, which ended up being outsourced after the original developers botched the project, and Metal Gear Survive, which was a cheap asset flip of MGSV met with almost universal backlash. They couldn't even be bothered to finish Episode 51 on their own.

As a Catholic, is our holy duty to keep the Ancient Roman tradition of raping kids

>Konami's attempts to reorient themselves towards arcades, pachinko shit and Jap exclusive mobile games didn't give them the financial growth they were aiming for (focusing on boomer exclusive gambling houses wasn't the brightest idea in the long run as it turned out)
Instantly invalidates anything else you have to say. Fuck off.

Huh well if legit its interesting to know what Blue Point has been working on all this time.

>Working with the Fox Engine
>Voice actors

Again if legit is Konami helping them aside form lending them Fox? Doesn't seem like they would be able to afford big name actors.

heh onlything it says for gamedetails are pes2020 kek if nothing of metal gear is announced its a neck

Contra is out in less than a month, so it'll probably be there.

Also, what the fuck happened to Hyper Sports R

that new contra looks like ass

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, since I loved Neo Contra.