Would do you gain from hacking this with a paperclip...

Would do you gain from hacking this with a paperclip? I'm thinking about hacking one but I want to know what I'll get out of doing it first.

Attached: 6364255_sa.jpg (983x704, 85K)

don't get the new model. it probably won't work

Oh, I mean I'll hack my day 1 Switch after I get the new model.

The paperclip trick basically makes the console boot to the very lowest level of its OS, which makes installing custom firmware ridiculously easy. And because it's a hardware exploit that let's you get to that boot point, there's no way to patch it if you've got the day 1 version of the console.

So what kind of stuff can I do with a hacked Switch?

The obvious????

Obviously it's not obvious if I'm asking.

Too many games to play so you end up playing nothing

Pirate games and install emulators

What emulators are there? Are there mods available for games?

I hacked my psp back when I was a sophomore in HS. Never did I make a thread online to ask why someone would do it.

NuGamers are scarey stupid

Run emulators for stuff like gba, n64 and the like. I use vba and it has options for screen size, cheats and speed. You can install retail switch games and then mod them. Some games like xenoblade chronicles 2 have mods to remove the resolution limit. Other games have 60fps mods. You can run android on it now and run through it drastic (the best f'd emulator for android) and even dolphin to run GameCube games.

Thank you very much. This is the quality of answer I was hoping for.

Have you considered using google?

>even dolphin to run GameCube game
Has anyone even managed to run any games with that yet

This is more interactive. I can press for more details this way.

Yes
Mostly run like shit

You can play Brutal Doom. Nuff said.

Is there a future it it or is the Switch going to be too weak even when the emulator is more operational?

This. Why do people feel the need to make their own threads. Ask hbg or Google.

>Pirating
>Emulation, some gamecube works
>backups
>Linux and android (You can get steam games to run on it)
>xcloud and ps now
>custom mods and themes
>Homebrew games

Switch can currently emulate basically anything PS1-N64 level and below with no issue using Retroarch. However, using other OSes installed, people have gotten GameCube and DS emulators working pretty well, especially DS, which I think can run DS games at full speed when running the Android OS on Switch.
Modding games is possible, though not nearly as extensive and plentiful as Wii U and 3DS modding. Smash Ultimate has a modding scene for custom music and whatnot, and many BOTW mods have been made, such as a Linkle mod and a First Person View mod.

Thank you.

I appreciate the response

I'd say just give it a few months. Retroarch got better since people held bounties for certain features. SOME gc games run fine though.