For those of you unhappy with Breath of the Wild...

For those of you unhappy with Breath of the Wild, would you like for Nintendo to keep the same game design but with more dungeons similar to previous games like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess? It already seems like the sequel to Breath of the Wild will be more story focused but we'll have to wait and see.

Attached: 1728392837263.jpg (2000x1000, 449K)

The issue is that the game is built around assets reused slightly differently around the map. I'd want to see a true spiritual successor to OoT and MM because they're the pinnacle of 3D Zelda by far, but I doubt that'll happen at this point.

I think what was missing was specifically dungeons that each had their own theme. Shrines and ancient beasts were basically all the same inside which was really boring. Give some more variety...

>would you like for Nintendo to keep the same game design but with more dungeons similar to previous games like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess?
yes
also no more "all the story happened 100 years ago, look at some memories now"

We have no idea what the actual map is going to be like at this point though.

BotW was great. Those who didnt like it need to fuck off and play a new series.

I can't imagine it being that different from the first and being in the same exact engine means it will have the same fundamental flaws.

My issue is that combat became a chore halfway through and into late game. There's no reason to fight anything.
The world is fun to explore, but eventually, there's no more good stuff to uncover and it just becomes a shrine or seed.

BotW has the foundation of a good Zelda game, it just needs to significantly build on its content while refining some of its mechanics. For me, the game lost its magic after the first dozen or so hours, when I realized just how repetitive the game is and how lacking the progression was. I'm not saying the player can't have a solid initial toolset, but there needs to be more. Four runes that you get in the first couple hours is not enough to sustain such a big game.

There's also a ton of little problems that I can only conclude are a result of the Zelda team's inexperience, like how food works. It's clear they wanted to craft a challenging game, they just didn't know how.

>Pinnacle of 3D Zelda

Attached: 5814159ea2.png (210x173, 44K)

What did he mean by this?

That Nintendo was still figuring out 3D environments at the time and it shows badly. It's a fun game, and it's a classic, but its pacing also sucks and the combat is straight ass. Twilight Princess and Wind Waker did everything Ocarina did but better. The only thing missing is an in-depth mirror world, but even then we sort of have the Twilight Realm/Wolf Form.

>Twilight Princess and Wind Waker did everything Ocarina did but better.
But TP and WW had worse pacing compared to OoT.

t.TPfag

The overworld is nice, and you don't need to rehash OOT or TP's structure. Rather they shouldn't have thrown good concepts out of the window for what ultimately came across as a tech demo.

Link's sword combat is more limited than it was in any other 3D game, his weapons break like styrofoam, the dungeons are shit and forgettable and the overworld is empty of actual content, whole filled with tedious shit.

They have a good framework to work with, but they need to rethink the equipment and RPG elements.

If you do shrines, add variety in aesthetics. Marble shrines, tech shrines, wood shrines, whatever.
Stop jerking off the Sheikah
Stop acknowledging Skyward Sword
Add in a Hylian-gibberish voice-acting option
Bring back the Deku

>would you like for Nintendo to keep the same game design but with more dungeons similar to previous games like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess?
I want to see the TP aesthetic but done better instead of this shitty pseudo ghibli design.

The pacing of all post MM Zelda's are gofawful and are the reason ive not beaten anything past Wind Waker. TP and SS tutorialize the first third or more of the game and it's awful. Good Zelda's don't railroad you, rather they open up organically once you've found more items. One thing I love about MM for example, is that the tutorial section can be done in 10 minutes if you know what to do and then you're off collecting masks like the bunny good, etc. In the newer games you can't do that because the cutscenes and shit force you to go places and watch shit for far too long.

>Nintendo was still figuring out 3D environments at the time and it shows badly.
How? What do WW and TP do any better with environments.
>but its pacing also sucks
>Wind Waker has better pacing despite constant sailing, disjointed dungeons, and filler content
>Twilight Princess has better pacing with its slow start, and tear segments that stop everything
>the combat is straight ass
The combat has the exact same framework but it's oversimplified with parries in Wind Waker and given some meaningless additions in Twilight Princess.

>Acknowledging Skyward Sword
When did BotW do this outside that one cutscene?

>When did BotW do this outside that one cutscene?
One cutscene was too much. SS is poison to the series.

Just have focused dungeon design with Temple Treasures and better bosses. Everything else I liked about BotW, but it sure could have used rewards beyond the Champion Abilities and atleast 1 sprawling traditional dungeon. The motorcycle DLC dungeon was a step in the right direction.

My issue were collectibles, durability, and 90% of temples being shit. The rest was great.
So if they reduce the amount of collectibles, but put them on actual vistas, remove durability from some elite weapons, or allow you to easily fix them, and improve the quality of the temples then it would be an amazing game.

Unironically has the best combat of the series if you can get past the fact it uses motion controls.

>There's no reason to fight anything
This. I destroyed two weapons with 60 attack on a striped lynel, just to get a sword, shield, and bow from him. I don't want to do that everytime, so I just don't use his weapons. Why fight anything? It just costs durability of your end-game weapons that are a chore to collect again.

>the best combat of the series
TP on the GC, when I start up a Zelda I don't want to play Simon Says.

>Unironically has the best combat of the series
When did we start discussing Zelda 2?

Got it a couple weeks ago and I’m 30 hours in

Probably one of my fave games this generation but I wish there were more towns and enemy variety

Also you should able to sell weapons

TP HD on Wii U. Keeps the good parts of tilt aiming and some motion controls intact.

Hylia's everywhere in the game.
For some reason, every other race has a shrine to Hylia instead of their own patron deity.
She's all over the Skyward Sword dumpster fire, stop using her
If I remember right, they even desecrate the Temple of Time with her fat ass