GTX 1660 Ti VS RTX 2060

Which one should I buy?

Attached: 81mqCiO-nML._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 28K)

2060 doesn't do gaytracing nor 2070 which is the selling point of RTX

What monitor?

144hz 1080p

they both do

RX5700 XT

Attached: OFJy8yiZ6GoqKSLnBvozq3sJBGLyGNIoTTMbHqYkRTQ.jpg (1080x1331, 109K)

Any plans on upgrading?

Step 1: Look at the number of cuda cores
Step 2: Look at the amount of memory granted
Step 3: Check to see if you have a weiner
Step 4: Buy at least a 1070 or 2070 and you'll be fine for most games

I've had a 1070 for at least 4 years and it still runs everything great. You can do VR but you can't play games like pubg on 4k

I'm not fucking with you go ask /g/ if you want to know further details

I'm also wondering this. I've got a 970 that's dying and I don't have a a lot of cash to kick around at the moment.
I'm also 100% fine with 1080p 60hz, though I might dabble with VR eventually, I dunno

no

As a 2060 owner, literally just buy a RX 5700 aftermarket model. This card can't even pull 60 fps on the Quake RTX demo (shitty unoptimized demo tbf) and you get 2 extra gigs of vram.

If you absolutely want Nvidia though then just same some money and go 1660 ti. 2060 is if you're playing at 1080p right now but may want to go 1440p at some point (later this year for me.)

What does 1440p60? May as well take advantage of my monitor when I upgrade.

why not?

RX 5700 or 5700 XT

Currently Sapphire's Pulse is the best model on market at only a 10 USD over reference model, insane cooling and it's steady at the most insane boost clocks while holding at 69-71c Tcore.

2060 will do that better than 1660ti.

The price difference between the 1660ti and the 2060 is about as much as their performance difference. So, it's really just up to your budget. If you can, go 2060, get it; if you can't, get the 1660ti.

>go ask /g/
maybe you should stay in your containment board

Yeah, be sure to get the Sapphire Pulse, though; best layout and temps for only $10 over reference model.

The 1660 would do you just fine

>2070
>not 5700

I can tell you're a Nvidia fanboy and a muh vram retard. If he's playing at 1080p then 6gb is fine as long as the cost makes sense. The only 1070s out there are all shitty mined cards.

Can u guis recommend some good budget cpu cooler? People keep saying Cooler Master 212 is outdated, is that true?

I've noticed stuttering in my games and the cooler is loud as shit so yeah probably.

>doesn't plan to upgrade
>1660
>just fine

Jesus, no, that's not going to perform well enough for games coming out soon, you should recommend something that will remain usable at decent settings for years until it dies out.

Sapphire Pulse RX 5700, both the XT and non-XT models are good, the cooling on it is going to cap out the boost clock constantly while keeping the temps under 75c.

RX 5700 XT, cheaper, better and THICCer

Attached: EEC26227-21EE-4443-86F7-3C4E1ECA6FB9.jpg (770x578, 40K)

Retard

Is there anything coming next year that would make holding off worth it?

Snowman is apparently really good for the budget.

>I'm also 100% fine with 1080p 60hz
Just get an RX570 then

user right now is a bad time to upgrade in general. New consoles are going to be using those cards and will probably have 1070 levels of power. If it's anything like this gen devs will go ham on graffix but optimize their games to run at 30 fps. He should just have it in mind to upgrade after 3 years to something that blows everything out next gen.

I meant the Ti version, but you've got a point with trying to get more longer-lasting versions

Yes. The sequel to the 5700/XT cards. It will have raytracing supposedly and possibly more features that consoles will have.

>buying overpriced cut down gpus
hard yikes from me my dude. you want the revised series next year for meme tracing.

What mobo should I get? I'm upgrading my 10ish years old PC
I got 16gigs of 3200mhz ram and a ryzen 5 3600 so far

Housefire5700XT

You shouldn't speak on matters with such a cursory knowledge of

I hear some of the msi boards like B450 tomohawk/pro carbon are the best around their respective price points.

if you buy reference and run stock voltage sure but i don't know why you would do that to yourself.

Attached: download (2).jpg (300x168, 7K)

you can get a cheap B450 if the store or some local guy can flash it for you
I think flashed B350s even, but memory support could be wonky

Neither

Attached: tenor.gif (478x268, 845K)

my big giant diarrhea dump is so satisfying right now bros, the poop is literally flooding out of my ass right now. shit's so satisfying man

lol, damn I miss 7 yeas ago when everyone said every card was a housefire waiting to happen.

Good thing no cards do that anymore.

Aftermarket 5700 XT once the price drops in like a month

That evga pascal line sure are shit tried their best from what I recall

>my shitty low/mid range card can't handle raytracing
>the games must not be optimized