Persona

They hated him for he spoke the truth

Attached: file.png (1891x226, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7eBTxWz5p_w
youtube.com/watch?v=krgJbSv8ejM
youtube.com/watch?v=R1bgbfEPUog
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

P3 fags are pseudo-contrarian assholes but P4/P5 are still shit games and they are the only ones with the energy to remind them daily so that makes them based

Attached: 1365584521802.jpg (486x431, 57K)

SMTfag still jealous? Opinion discarded

Attached: 1544159402693.jpg (792x1089, 591K)

>You praise a game where the sentence "The power of friendship surges in you" literally flashes up on screen
imagine thinking this is a bad thing

>Dude, videogames being power fantasies are like, super gross icky, get laid loser.
Ring any bells?

>even though the P2 duology was better in every way
Stopped reading there.

it is when the game's fans attack other games in the series for relying too much on anime tropes.

youtube.com/watch?v=7eBTxWz5p_w

is persona 2 worth playing

Nice move starting your thread off on this note OP

the duology is great better than persona 5

Yea, it reminds me of all the lifeless husks that shit around here
True, p3fags are delusional if they think it's any different from 4 or 5.

No

p3 is still my favorite get over it

yes. it's still the peak of the series in terms of story, characters, overall atmosphere, (arguably) soundtrack, etc. the gameplay is janky, but so is p3's and people still slurp that game on here.

He's right.

That describes P3fags perfectly. They act like they have taste for liking the “older” game and that makes them better when they’re zoomer tier.

He's right but he's also kinda cringe. I'll forgive it though because p3fags are the worst

beep boop

Attached: file.png (300x300, 57K)

P3 was the best nusona though

>P-Please like Persona 2

Kill yourself nusonafag.

Was he right too?

Attached: dunkey_0.png (1684x751, 191K)

Honestly the whole smt fanbase is garbage. all of it. Not a single part of you faggots resonates with why I like smt or why I like(d) Persona. I hate all of you.

They're shit games overall.
Nice characters, nice music, okay story, terrible everything else. The gameplay is godawful.

absolutely

>FUTABA IS HER OWN TREASURE LOL
PERSONA 5 IS SHIT

better than persona 1 at best

This is literally all of Yea Forums. One good post worth reading in 100-150, and even then it's probably just biting on bait posted by some lazy shitposter.

This is all of Yea Forums, really. It's just edgy teens who want le ebin maymays.

All Persona games bad
Cold Steel good

Yes. It is. It's one of the best in the series.

Hey guys new update to my fan card game.

Except nobody has a problem with P3 fans. It's 5 that is cancer. 5 is the worst game of all time.

In my personal opinion Persona 4 is the most comfy and emotionally engaging game in the series, and because I seek comfort and emotional engagement when playing this series, it is the best game despite its failings in comparison to the other entries. Furthermore, while I have your attention, I would like to posut one additional opinion in regard to the Persona series, in that Yukari is irredeemably garbage.

>REEEEEEEEE, STOP CRITICIZING P3! MUH NOSTALGIA! OLD GOOD, NEW BAD!

Attached: fatlus.png (680x531, 626K)

Attached: 1362665823727.png (680x849, 659K)

no the gameplay has aged like milk just read a wiki

People love Jojo Part 4, yet they hate the persona game most like it.

Instead they prefer the part 3 and part 5 expy but with more anime tropes.
???

yeah the gameplay was never good in the first place

Attached: 1443459525154.png (200x200, 38K)

this
Soul Hackers came out before P2 and feels like it was made a generation ahead of it

>OMG, IS THAT LE JOJO REFERENCE?

Attached: 1556333218068.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

Just looking at how the fusion system changed from 1 to 2 is a fucking mess, who the SHIT thought that card grinding garbage was a good idea when the standard SMT style persona acquisition were already in the original

...left picture looks more patrician than the right picture though. Right patrician just looks like a faggot.

No. Atlus barely acknowledges anything before P3 for a very good reason.

P3bros... I can't defend our shitty game anymore... I'm going home to Sumaru City.

Attached: p3 vs p2.png (762x238, 150K)

You forgot the most important thing
They are trying to hog P5 attention by associating their game with it as hard as they can , but also saying its shit
lmao

Absolutely based
if only P5 niggers understood that you still like a game even if other people criticize it

>You're not *REAL* fans because I was here first!

What an original and thought-provoking perspective.

>left
chads
>right
chugs onions

DAS RITE
youtube.com/watch?v=krgJbSv8ejM

this rant was responding to a p3fag who was calling p4 and p5 fans "illegal immigrants" and accusing them of "ruining the series."
p3fags love to larp as oldfags and hate being reminded by 1 and 2chads that the series didn't actually start with 3.

>making ironic strawman comics to subtly influence people
post ironic Yea Forums is too much for me, one layer of irony was more than enough

Attached: SMTvsP.jpg (500x688, 81K)

NOOOOOOOOO DELET THIS WE'RE REAL FANS TOO
PERSONA 3 AND PERSONA 5 ARE THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME!1111!!

Attached: file.png (234x399, 146K)

the SMT picture in this example looks way cooler though

It's stupid because literally every fandom does that.

>You're not a REAL MGS fan, I've been here since MGS3!
>Oh yeah? Well I've been here since MGS2!

>You are all little babies, I played Metal Gear on the NES!
>Well, *I* played Metal Gear 2 on the PC Engine in the original Japanese!

There's always a fucking rabbit hole. There's always another layer.

ESPECIALLY with Persona and Megaten. P3 players will say P4 and 5 players are fake, P1 and 2 players will call P3 players fake, and anyone who played an *actual* megaten game calls the whole Persona fandom fake.
Just shit up. Nobody gives a shit. It's all epeen stroking.
None of you actually *enjoy* the Megaten/Persona series, you all just need your videogames to actualize your hilariously fragile ego.

yare yare

t. nocturnebabby

Imagine clinging to your 5 second of fame so much you repost your shit but this time as a separate thread

Persona 1 and 2 are the only "real" games in the sense that they try to have an identity. 3, 4 and 5 got popular because of weebs and now also the recently new cancerous sub-group of "ironic weebs". So now after P3 they just made them into a bunch of generic anime cliches and shit. The still have some good characters but they're usually always secondary characters. P5 especially plays like a supernatural shonen anime with slice of life elements, plus the Otaku-baiting dating.

I think SMT games are the best, still. Nocturne in particular had a great atmosphere and dark tone, something they can't seem to bring back or rather, don't want to, because it would mean their Otaku customers won't pour out free money if they can't date their favorite kawaii waifu waifu uguu blob.

It's especially ironic with P3fags because the best selling version of 3 was released after 4. Only a small number of 3fags actually played 3 or FES before 4 was released, but of course if you actually call them out on it then they'll say of course they're one of them, no way they got into Persona 5 years ago via emulator, nuh uh, definitely not.

The Persona 3 baiting is such a weird concept to me.

Like, we can argue about subjective things like story and characters, but Persona 4 is so much better than Persona 3 in every way it matters, it's nuts. And Persona 5 is an equal jump in quality.

It's like the people arguing that Megaman 1 is better than 2.
Like, sure, ElecMan might be better than Woodman, but other than that, you're so wrong.
Or arguing that Megaman X is somehow worse than MM1 or 2. What the fuck you smoking dude?

yeah, as long as it's the PSP versions.
youtube.com/watch?v=R1bgbfEPUog

>Persona 4 is so much better than Persona 3
they look like the same game to me, if someone told me the models in P4 are all just re-textures of the ones in 3 I would believe it

Isnt that exactly what it is? And those are reused assets of nocturne too

Persona 4 changed a lot of gameplay elements to make things less tedious, like not having just one big dungeon that you explore throughout the entire game and being able to control your whole party instead of only the MC.

it's funny how p3fags will dismiss p2 as a "flop," but ignore how vanilla p3 sold a lot worse than innocent sin - a game that didn't get a western release at all until the psp - and only slightly better than eternal punishment.
despite the major amount of shilling they did with stage plays, anime, cd dramas, novels, mobile games, etc., atlus still had to rerelease p3 TWICE for it to get any attention. and even then, it had to coattail off p4's success to get most of that attention.

Attached: 1548536175457.jpg (599x442, 47K)

Between 3 and 4, the differences aren't immediately obvious, but they're there. Anyone who's played them would know.

For example, just simply controlling every member of your party makes the game better by orders of magnitude.

hes talking about major gameplay enhancements such as you know, controlling your party members.

Ironically something that p1 and 2 had but p3 did not and p4 had to reintroduce.

and the game-play is only like 20% of these games so the changes really arent that big.
I honestly prefer P3's big dungeon since the RNG box rooms had more variety than the RNG hallways of the later,
The forced automated teammates of 3 loses its novelty real fucking quick but the game is easy enough and nobody is playing it on original hardware in 2019 so the mod that gives you control is an option

Careful, you'll trigger the "TACTICS IS THE BEST THING EVER YOU'RE JUST RETARDED JUST USE TACTICS AND ANALYSIS EVERYONE IS STUPID BUT ME" 3tard that always pops up.

Tactics is just the same as having normal control over your allies accept you cant chose a specific buff and it takes like 3x as many button presses for each action. All it adds to the gameplay is that you can only change tactics when your MC is on deck which means the final bosses RNG could very easily fuck you in the ass

>P3 is bad because muh sales
Care to explain then why there's such a massive drop off in sales from Innocent Sin to Eternal Punishment then? If you're going to use sales as a sign of quality, then why did Eternal Punishment do worse than P3 if it also got released in both Japan and the West too? The dip in sales makes me think a lot of P1 fans who bought IS hated it and then even less people bought EP compared to people who bought P3.

I've owned every verson of P3 so far
P3P is the only version I've actually managed to play all the way through without huge breaks

p3fags like to talk out of both sides of their mouth about the combat system. on one hand, they'll defend the shitty ai by saying "these characters are their own people with their own agendas, you're not supposed to be able to control them!" on the other hand, they'll say "just use tactics to make them do what you want them to do!" at that point, they might as well drop the gimmick entirely and just allow direct party control.