Underrail: Expedition

Stop deleting/bumplocking Underrail threads, queers.

Attached: w.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kokoschka
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Strength_feats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is the Coretech Vendor the best source for electronics?

Is this build shit? I'm going to play on DOMINATING again.

Attached: 111.png (685x768, 72K)

Provided you pass the mercantile check, yeah.

>have zero energy damage dealing weapons
>kite the fucker through my exothermic fire 3 times
>he survives with 1 HP
>end him with a single punch

The native extermination is a nightmare for unarmed charatcers.

Attached: 2019-08-18 18_11_53t.jpg (1920x1080, 740K)

Oh I did user and its gucci

im still wondering how good the tchort shop is with double mercantile check

Was pretty easy for me as a Psi Monk.

Did you have the power first?
Offensive psi does not really help and mechanical damage is laughable since he can't even be critted.

Someone pls halp me with the Boneyard.

I don't know how to avoid getting attacked by spoopy, invincible ghosts. Someone said you could attack them back if you juiced up, but that doesn't work at all. I already have the sketch from Yngwar and I'm trying to find the Torch, but I can't do shit in this area because ghosts keep haunting me.

Where do I get my first energy/chem pistol? Im getting pretty tired of my peashooter.
Also how do I deal with depot A on this build. I cant see my pistol clearing the place. Just stock up on shitloads of grenades and moltovs?

I did indeed. The powerfist is sex.

Attached: 1565167126163.png (226x154, 43K)

I went full con/dex for maximum crits with least AP usage so can't use it due to the STR requirement.

>first energy pistol
Someone said you can get it from the footlocker from Milton's quest in upper caves. I know there has to be one, but I'm not sure if you can actually reach the place before acquiring explosives.
>how do I deal with depot A on this build
Any build on any difficulty can clear Depot A with mutated dog leather armor and molotovs, might as well do it at lvl 1. Gotta be a tutorial for using situational gear.

How much mercantile is that?

Recommend me a build, please. I don't like psi, I like traps, consumables etc. I don't like melee. I love crafting

Coretech is like 60-70ish not sure I didn't check when I passed it

Tchort has two and the second is 105 which is the highest mercantile check you have to pass as far as I am awar-e

Go full energy/chem pistols + crafting

Is spear throw affected by smart goggles?

Stealth + Crossbow + trap making. High mechanics, chemical, a little bit of Biology and a lot of tailoring so you can make your own armors and traps.

Attached: Onegaishimasu.jpg (750x750, 181K)

What the hell am I supposed to do against pirate pinners? Im on the first pirate attack after rescuing the professor and these pirate pinners are decimating all the aegis sec. I have 4 con, so the can one-shot me so my strat has been to sit behind the lines and let the aegis boys absorb, them, but since the ai has no concept of prioritizing threats, they just attack the useless weak pirates that are closest to them while the pinners continue spamming 150+ crit after crit after stun.

Attached: 1479417954837.jpg (420x420, 27K)

You could try a Sniper Build too, I'm currently playing a sniper trapper character and it's pretty fun. Survey the area with high stealth, plant traps around, pick a target and instakill them, then Sprint away to get out of combat while the other enemies get stuck in bear traps and frag mines. Repeat until they're all dead. Abusing ventilation pipes is fun too.

Why did you aggro the pirates so early in the DLC?

is it worth investing points in merchantile? and if so, how much?

Care to share your build? I want to attempt it but everyone seems to talk about this shit but no one posts the fucking build.

Did you try tactical vest? I don't even know what pinners do. I know that shotgunners are tough, poppers are annoying snipers, domebangers wield sledgehammers, chuckers throw grenades. Can't even recall what the fuck pinners do, probably shooting some weak shit that deals 0 damage against tactical vests.

You can't damage the ghosts, you just had to exit to a new screen and it disappears. You just have to quickly run and check stuff to find the crank, then find the right place to put it. It's annoying and tedious and Styg should fucking change it, but it's how you have to do it.

Fucking with Dude is always fun.

Attached: 1547515010314.jpg (1320x299, 59K)

Yes, 55, 95 or 105 effective skill. You should just check wiki for that info.
Just put on Tesla armor and galvanic helmet or boots for 100% electric resistance and loot everything in peace. Styg forgot to set mental damage flag.

The fuck, really? I thought I was missing something, like some kind of charm that makes the ghosts piss off

I went john wick on the pirates once they captured the prof. Even offering 3/4 of all of our supplies wasn't enough to ransom the prof back so I just dabbed on them. Also does the quest just fail once you run out of aegis troops? How does the tech/meds/ammo supplies work too? I don't really understand what it does. Is there any way to replenish?

What does he say to that?

That the ingredients in the juice can also cause cancer and you still willingly downed that without ill effect.

Doing expedition. I got my first message that the camp was under attack. On my way back to camp, I ran into a serpentine boat. Was that part of the invasion, and does wiping it out with a couple grenades count towards me helping/decreasing the attackers that land, or was that just a random thing?

None of the factions are necessary to beat the DLC. Supplies affect trooper performance in combat with natives. You can just go genocide all unga bungas and supplies will never matter. Dunno about trooper numbers, they'll probably leave if they're down to a dozen.

I started the expedition, and the first thing I did was genocide of the native population. Is this fine? Do I lose any quest or something?

Yeah, which means you are basically punished for doing any other oligarch.

You'll miss practically nothing.

Attached: 1565840471924.png (291x185, 10K)

You are doing god's work user.

What level are you supposed to start the DLC?

I see, maybe with mercantile i can afford to ignore some crafting skills.

So for spears I should get enough strength for impale then pump dex hard?

What kind of armor should I use? Leather? Tac vests? Is tin can even feasible when I need to run down my spears I chuck?

Attached: nibelung valesti.jpg (1280x896, 600K)

Level 16 is recommended but if your build can't deal with large crowds or is melee you will have a rough time on hard and above.

Well, you'd have to be some kind of submissive protectoreddit to join Praetorians. And JKK has the best cloth vendor, I believe. It's a viable option for sneaky builds, because Constantine can cover the high tech stuff.
The best way to play Expedition is wiping out natives ASAP and then the pirates if you aren't joining them, unless you have high persuasion and want to check out the negotiations. No reason to touch Aegis Sec though.

Yeah. It was crap for a long time but the buffs to shop inventory has made it extremely powerful.

Mercantile makes crafting skills more important because you get even higher quality stuff.

Snipers got buffed massively in the expac and they were already good. Its pretty inane.

I dunno, I always find tons of high quality black cloth in my games already. Ridiculously good shield parts, which are good for literally any build, are more valuable.

So what the hell do I do if I'm fighting an enemy behind a wall and can't see shit

yes

hey where do I get 140 ar frames, I can get 140 energy shit from coretech guy pretty often

I haven't found a 140 ar frame since level 18, I'm level 29

Oculus and Protectorate vendors are your best bet, but rarely Oskar might have one. All comes down to RNG.

I'm playing a spear & shield character so I can handle melee. It's psi niggers that fuck me up.

crossbow fags get cuucked by heavy armor

i'm not sure what you're doing here user this doesn't look that good what are you planning to do?

There's a lot of psi niggers and crossbow niggers to deal with.
Especially those which cast Pseudo-spatial Projection and make themselves immune to 6 melee attacks from you for 4 turns.

Anyone can tell me where the Ferryman is on the map?

Where are some Safe Spaces(TM) inside/around Core City that I can explore to find oddities?

I noticed you tell people this on Yea Forums as well

Metal armor, chemical pistols and utility psionics. LoC is also better than Thick Skull and I can't imagine playing without at least one of these two. I just wonder if I can actually kill anything with 6 DEX and PER, I was playing pure psi first and have no idea how guns work.

You should play without them if that's what you wanna do.

You don't need 10 will for utility psionics, and with that perception your aim isn't gonna be great.

Basically everywhere, look in barrels and houses to collect core city oddities, pickpocket some people for more if you have the balls

can i open the acorn

you'll need the house and all the crafting you can get

working with 156 quali components can get the needed electronics very high without your crafting basement your not gonna be able to use anything before like lvl 25~

no

the ferryman keeps moving between three locations in the map.You can talk to Yahota up in the aegis camp lighthouse and ask her to tell you the current location of the ferryman. After that, you can ask her for his location via radio anytime you want

I dunno, man. Do I have to take Bullhead all the time? Demon Squids are quite rare.

what happens if i give it to tanner

He keeps it.

Best shield emitter for a tincan? low/low or high/high?

can you take all the melee dmg?

then high/medium/high effincey

Low low demolishes crossbowmen and somewhat meleefags who can cripling strike you, so I always consider it good. Its good at defending almost everything while being great at defending agaisnt the worst of the worst.

I'm about to enter Depot A
I'm gonna get pleb filtered aren't I

Attached: cuminmyass.jpg (899x852, 212K)

on normal? no

on hard ? yes

Low/low is better for everyone. Energy attacks are fully absorbed by any shield anyway and snipes one shot you if you don't have high mechanical resistance. I just can't think of an actual reason to even use high frequency, much less even compare it to anything. Meanwhile low/low fully protects against burrower/locust spines, helps a lot with crossbows and melee, even if they have some penetration.

>Allies immediately turn hostile if even a single stray, completely resisted pellet so much as grazes a turret
>allies go hostile if you fucking flashbang a turret, which is immune to the effects
>Allies run through your area hazards and immediately all go hostile on you
>Allies have no qualms about bursting the shit out of enemies when you're in melee range and killing you in the process
>Rounds take so long that you have to wait fifteen minutes to redo a single encounter if any of this happens.
Why the fuck do they force so many group fights and don't make any effort to make them not suck?

IDUI NAHUI, BLYAT, WHAT FUCK YOU DOING? 10 STR AND LIKE 6 CON? BLYAAAT, WHAT ARE YOU SHOOTING, A TUNGSTEN SLEDGEHAMMER CROSSBOW?

LISTEN BRE, START OVER, LEARN ABOUT VERSATILITY, SPECIALIZE INTO YOUR SHIT, FOCUS ON TAILORING SO YOU CAN GET SOME SIPHONER GEAR, LEARN TO THROW MOLLIES AND DAB ON NIGGERS.

GODSPEED, YOU CYKA. YOU NEED IT.

He just keeps it like every other person you give it to does. Until he disappears for North Underrail and takes it with him

pump up the combat speed to 300%-1000% user

so what armour do i craft for a low CON brainyboy?
i've been using the rathound fursuit all game but i feel i want something more robust for the dlc

also this

Ah yes. Yakkity sax mode. A fantastic solution.

>5 Con
>Conditioning

Attached: 1477755420541.gif (414x382, 2.82M)

Tactical suit, put in a bullet resistant plate, a regen/sturdy vest since usualy the others suck ass, a decent psi beetle carapace and, if you dont care about stealth, a kevlar cloth.

they still fucking suck and there is basically no diffrence between 500% and 1000%

well you can go and wait 15 min per round then its your decision

>Start new shotgun char
>Go to pick up my shoddy shotgun
>Can't get it
>Look it up
>Needs 20 persuasion
>Have to punch rats with my unskilled fists until I reach Lv.2
Just why?

Or the dev could have made an effort to not make it either awful or ridiculous, which is my entire complaint in the first place.

Just use the pistol. You have the guns skill.

that shotgun you get from that faggots fucking sucks pick the pistol sell it and craft your own shotty

Do not fucking bother. Never level persuasion, just scrounge the McDonalds money to buy a real shotty and go from there lad.

Swords severely need to be buffed. Flurry should be able to reach 100% accuracy or someshit.

Also why the fuck are there so many melee feats? It's fucking worse than Xbows. I don't have the space to pick something else to help me out on my survivability.

Attached: 6425623.png (1280x720, 744K)

Bro im not liking it either but we gotta handle it somehow

Was there some kind of wierd stealth patch?

im getting wierd 2-3 sec freezes all the time

>finally cleared out that Burrower mine in Camp Hathor I can't wait to get my reward
>that machete will surely be an upgrade to my basic ass tungsten machete
>Item acquired: Steel machete

Such in life on the Underrail.

Attached: 1550339366602.png (284x274, 86K)

>Not leveling crafting
You need 6 INT for Red Dragon fren, might as well get Electronics and Mechanics.

Unarmed supreme as always user. Ah well, swords were kinda fun as a gimmick but like fuck I enjoy either 100% demolishing through everyone or being actually useless.

>not picking crossbow with 12k value

I once had tungsten but the steel one was actually way better than my tungy one.

I seriously regeted even investing the points into crafting then.

Red Dragon is too late in the game, bre

You need 6 INT for Weaponsmith. You're not actually playing swords without crafting, right?

I can't recall a single useful item I got from a quest reward.
Ever trash cans often hold better treasures.

Hathor actually gives you some fairly good weapons user, and the selection aint too shabby. Sniper, knife, AR, machete, shotties, its good shit.

>post-supercorporation era with energy weapons and firearms lying all over the place
>almost everyone wears armor of some sort
>robots everywhere
>disgusting animals with chitin plates everywhere
>better use a short sharp piece of metal as a weapon

I mean directly from a quest giver.
I know you can find a dragunov in the burrower caves, shit was pretty good.

It never runs out of ammo, bre.

Attached: depot A revisited.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

And I mean by the quest giver. The chetes and guns I got from Hathors main dude were often much better than whatever I was packing when I did the quest itself user. Also isnt the Dragunov from the Buzzers quest?

Attached: spear throw.jpg (396x325, 40K)

Hard or DOMINATING?

Attached: 1566058068593.png (878x878, 599K)

just roll with hard im half way with dominating and it just consumes so much time to progress

You can just stealth kill Aran in the cafe and get it early if you're smort abot it

hard

DOMINATING if you want to live a meme

Man, my build is not great for these group fights either. I really don't want to restart again, but I feel like I should have just gone full tin can assault rifle at this point.

Okay so I know taking crafting skills is important for any weapon build, but do I take crafting perks too, or is the bonus from int and the workshop enough?

crafting perks let you do some silly stuff user

Attached: 20190817193532_1.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

There's two and a half crafting perks worth a damn.

Weaponsmith, Power Management and in some very specific builds, Armor Sloping.

DOMINATING, bre.
>consumes so much time
True, somehow I spent 7 days on it.

Attached: who1.png (395x213, 6K)

Neorology is alright too.

Tough it out user, challenges are meant to be surpassed (or stealthed through).

well good thing every build can use grenades so good luck user

If you're asking this, then you're most likely on your first playthrough. Don't start on dominating, jack.

But I started on DOMINATING.

>be me
>use Flurry
>miss
>reloading...

Attached: AHEM.png (477x537, 406K)

>a bunch of PER dialogue checks
Never even knew about these. Always play a Perceptionlet.

You have my condolences.

Did you find out something new?

maybe you like getting pounded user but probably not all players can stomach a full playthrough before they get burned out or start getting restartis

this is why I stopped my Sword playthrough on hard after the acid hunters

it was just a fuckin reload fest

My build IS grenades. Grenadier and three pointer too. Even went temporal manipulation to throw them more. The enemies just keep coming and eventually, everything's on cooldown if the encounter goes too long. and thanks to stupid allies, I can't even throw them where I want all the time. I went chem pistols for guns, and only being able to shoot twice a turn means you just get overwhelmed with huge encounters. And even if everything manages to go perfectly, you're eventually going to run out of luck with the chemical effect triggering. With all the out of sight crossbowmen, all it takes is one lucky sprinter to entangle you and you get nuked down. And with how long the fights take, it's just starting to become more frustrating than fun.

Can't really stealth through a camp defense.

Nah I already knew the answers to Abram's questions, but high Per highlights the correct answers. Hope there's more stuff like this later.

It's different for me. I NEED to see all there is to a game right away or I'll get tired of waiting. If there's a locked difficulty I have to unlock it, if there's NG+ only content, I need a cleared save.
DOMINATING has a bunch of unique shit like bonkers insane fights in the foundry, in the robot compound, in lunatic mall. Rare enemy types are more frequent. You have to use most tools you have access to to succeed too.

If you have Temporal, get Kinesis too for Forcefield. It allows you to reset grenade CD while being safe and further funneling down enemies for a meaty grenade throw.

The TM Psi ability that reduces CDs also works on grenades btw.

>The TM Psi ability that reduces CDs also works on grenades btw.
Yfw when it works on medicine cooldowns and every goddamn thing else too.

So does anyone know what exactly are the black monolith near acorn and the "god serpent" locals worship? Are they some kind of otherworldly entities? I found the talkative tribal and he explained how his kind supposedly "ascend" by becoming serpent like, but what is their goal?

>get Kinesis too for Forcefield
I did. The beach has three points (you can't fully block both on the left with forcefield) and you can only be in one place. Can't be in two places at once and you can't even ask your allies to focus on one side.

And yes, I know. The psi ability also has a fairly long cooldown of its own, though. My build's great for shorter fights, and literally unstoppable one on one, but it just gets worn down over these longer fights. There's too much area to cover, too many enemies, and it goes on too long.

I also think I might be a hair underleveled. What level are you supposed to start expedition on?

16 generally, bit higher if you're melee or generally have short range.

If I do go full tin can, how does juggernaut work with psi empathy? If I have 100 base health, psi empathy would lower it to 75. Does juggernaut bring it back up to 100 or up to... 93 is it?

What the fug. If it reduces medicine cooldowns, then it also isn't that expensive, since you can use psi booster sooner.
Serpent's goal is plunging everything into abyss/void or some generic spooky shit like that. It's gotta be the enemy of Godmen Asif tells you about, since Godman torch-shard seems to have been made specifically to combat the void shit. Other than that there's nothing else about it.

juggernaut says total health not base health so i guess 93?

>Every weapon gets a cool alternate ammo type
>Shotguns, which in real life are the ones that can have the coolest ones, just have insanely boring ammo with just different ap amounts.
Welp.

a row of enemies being stunned by a burst from a combat shotgun with the tungsten rounds not enough for you user?

It's a bit of a bummer, but shotguns being the most fun weapon type in general makes up for it. Let lesser firearms toy around with their firecracker bullets, they need to have at least SOMETHING going for them.

Oh, well damn. I guess i just missed a huge chunk of lore by not being a psifag.

>a huge chunk of lore
Please, every time there's a psi check for lore you get to read some really abstract shit and then you're too tired to see more of it, or it's, like, too abstract for you. Don't bother with psi if you don't want to.

The build calculator says it would bring it back to 100. Not sure if it's so in the game.

I think I've got a passable tin can build going, but I always have trouble with stats. What stat should I be pumping on level ups? Con is tempting for the health and conditioning resistance, but part of me feels like it should be perception instead.

When can I stop dumping points into lockpicking? I can open 132 with the MK1s, is that the highest check I'm going to get in the expansion as well?

I stopped the train heist by killing the free drones, but when I went to Colonel Cathcart's office, I
changed my mind about joining the protectorate and denied his offer. Now when I go to JKK or Coretech, they still think I'm in the prot.

wat do?

>PE on tinman

ST or CN. DX should have already been at 6 for Grenadier. IN at 6 for Weaponsmith.

Yeah go with perceptiono whichever your main weapon stat is.
Having less than the best possible accuracy can be very annoying.

>132 with the MK1s
Well you already went too high. Stop while you're ahead.

130 is the absolute highest check and you've already wasted a bunch of points because there's an unbreakable +15 lockpick, +7 knife, +10 armor, +3 food. And all of those locks have trash behind them, which you just can't possibly need by the time you're able to level lockpicking high enough to unlock them or by the time you get to them. Up to a 100 is all you need to get some hard locks in early game, or just enough to open vents.

Ty anons. Whats a good number to stop at with the Haxxor 3?

Honestly its kind of garbage since it was my first playthrough, it isn't going to do you any good.

I'm getting some conflicting info here. I was planning on going tin can AR if that affects PE or CN. I don't see why I'd need to pump ST past requirements, honestly.

God I forgot how fucking aids it is getting through early game with firearms. Fuck these niggers I’m just gonna dump all my SGS Monopoly money into grenades. I’ll only have like a 15% chance to not blow my self up but killing these psi Beatles is a pain in the ass.

About 85 effective if you don't want to drag all that stat boosting shit with you, if you want to open most locks. I can tell you right now that there's absolutely nothing good behind locks above 100.

You don't, get 9STR max. You don't want Weaponsmith either.

Get more PER or 6 DEX for Grenadier, but don't go beyond 10 CON.

Sorry assumed you were based melee tinman. Go PE.

How? Isnt it fully controlled area?

CAU armor

Wait, I confused haxxor with huxkey 3 for some reason and told you about lockpicking. As for hacking, 85 seems about right too, maybe a hundred for some terminal interactions. I can't tell because terminal checks don't say how much points they accept and I always was more than the required amount. 130 effective skill without haxxor bonus gives a tiny bit of lore in end game area.

Huxkey

That tiny bit of lore is the most straightforward explanations of why biocorp and underail went to shit that you can find in the game

>You don't want Weaponsmith either.
Really? That one's actually a bit surprising. That smooths out the build, at least. I can take the points out of it int and toss it into dex if I want grenadier or per if I just want more guns.

How do i make the Ferryman talk about the Center? I already have philosophy III

A lot of quests only give rewards by sending you to a place with good shit. Like that one for the Institute where you can loot the +1 Str Power Glove.

now I am intrigued

brb dumping points into hacking

It's just a couple of sentences about corruption and disagreements in leadership that you've already heard about a couple of times before that. You actually get more info about it just reading unlocked PCs in residential area. You do get one unique piece of knowledge out of it: famine. And again there isn't anything specific about it. So yeah, there you go, "famine" and related riots, now you don't need 130 hacking.
Keep pressing buttons, you need to exhaust all replies in one of the topics. Must be a bug.

>grey army outfits look really nice especially on girls, those pipeworkers have no idea what they're missing out on
>they're shit
>you can't craft them yourself
This zones.

Weaponsmith only works for nonfist melee weapons.

Just get Electronics and pimp yourself a baller set of Seeker Goggles if you want to crit.

I had no hacking in my first playtrough so Im always up for the small lore bits I missed

get the specops one

that's sort of the point, the western caverns are highly militarized, but their equipment is absolute crap tier
they're the underrail balkans after all

There's also the whole part where Bergmann forces IRIS not to stop the faceless uprising and instead to protect herself and then disconnected her from the rest of the Robotic Armed Forces throughout the Underail. As well as a hard date to when the Hollow Earth Incident happened.

Oh, I was getting it mixed up with Gun nut. Still get gun nut or no?

Gun Nut is mediocre. If you're gonna get it, get it when you're high level and you've already gotten all the other powerful Feats out of the way.

are you sure the grey army base is acutally in Underrail? And not some serbien w/e forces ?

Ah, okay. I think I'll pass on it then. Stats are spread a bit too thin if I want that and grenadier, so I'll take it out of int and put it into dex instead. That also gives me an excuse to get psi since temporal manipulation's cooldown reduction is a bit underwhelming without grenadier.

Daily reminder that if you dont use a hammer you're unbased

There's a Slav from West Underrail in the Free Drones that talks about them.

Hammer I sleep
Crowbar build real shit

*spearchucks you*

Oh nice to know

i never have done the Free Drones so that snippet escaped me

There's barely any lore that isn't spelled out by someone. Famine was caused by mismanagement and neglect, that's all the info you get.
Yeah, I guess you're right about that, I couldn't connect the dots. Maybe that's worth it.
Grey army's homeland is not in Underrail. There's not a single piece of info that proves otherwise.

Yeah, but you represent the enlightened society that can actually make good gear. Why not make something worthwhile out of their uniforms?
I admit, I just want to wear something that's not a gray-white coat.

>Whooping 150 critical damage
Scary.

i love loading the enemies turn behind the door for 4 minutes every single turn while not being able to exit combat ever

daily remminder that hoplite build is the chad way to play as a spearman

>laughs on any melee nerd with spear guardian giving himself 100% chance to block melee damage
>damage is decent enough that the 15% damage penalty isnt that relevant
>get to stack spear defense for even stronger shield bashes
>challenges yngwar for a spear duel and wins

Attached: 152.jpg (500x329, 17K)

that free drones guy says they have metro lines there as well, they're just more sparse
it's basically part remote corner of the underrail part large inhabitable caverns

>Must be a bug
Probably the case. For some reason i can't exhaust the replies about true death.

>Grey army's homeland is not in Underrail. There's not a single piece of info that proves otherwise
The Free Drone with the crazy Slavic name is from there and tells you all about it. He even exchanges their money for charons. You may want to refrain from talking about lore.

>that free drones guy says they have metro lines there as well, they're just more sparse
Yes.
>it's basically part remote corner of the underrail part large inhabitable caverns
Where's proof? I have metro in my city, am I in Underrail now?

or atleast spoiler it up

Look, just post a screenshot of him saying that his homeland is in Underrail or directly connected to it. I'm 100% sure that he never says anything like that and that his homeland is far away.

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kokoschka

because the metro lines were a distinct Biocorp feature and part of one fuckhuge underground research facility
you don't really believe that the upper underrail is anywhere close to the surface right?

He also has the only Kalashnikov in South Underrail

Attached: underrail AKX.png (419x501, 18K)

Man, I cannot decide if I want to go shotguns or AR. Help me decide. Do shotguns need mobility to be good?

How do opportunist and suppressive fire stack? Does suppressive fire suppress with the first shot, and then trigger opportunist for the rest of the burst?

>Do shotguns need mobility to be good?
Not really. Use corners to bait enemies into range, and use hit and run/sprint to position. Grenades can help with any dangerous situation. Their damage is fun as fuck.

>because the metro lines were a distinct Biocorp feature
Everyone lives underground now, there are trains in any possible community.
Did you write that? He never says that he's from Underrail or that his homeland is anywhere near Underrail. The single piece of info you get is that his homeland is to the west from Underrail. That's what he says. Everything else is your fanfic.

>basically indestructible
Heh.
Does it actually lack a condition parameter?

can you replenish expedition camp supplies/troops? I only have 11 sec guys left and I have at least 2 more facilities to explore and the thought of having the camp get destroyed just makes me want to stop playing

Post Tin Cans

Attached: 20190817192510_1.jpg (1024x768, 267K)

Shotguns don't strictly need mobility beyond Sprint or Temporal but honestly, being speedy as fucc with shotguns is just way more fun than a stationary shell dispenser.

Attached: 3142.png (540x461, 161K)

Whatever helps you cope with being objectively incorrect, zoner.

nope, but you CAN stop native attacks by wiping them out
time for genocide

Nigga, the Underrail was one gigantic connected Biocorp faciality, North, South, West, and even East are all still Underrail.
Yup, it doesn't degrade with use.

yes

>Post the same thing every thread
Get some new screenshots

There's no East or West Underrail, there's only North and South. What are you trying to achieve with this reasoning? He says his homeland is to the west from Underrail, why are you trying to include it into Underrail? There are other underground communities, such as Atlantis which is confirmed to exist somewhere, and this Gray army country.

Trying, had to do boring merchant runs for coins

Don't really see the point in assault rifles now that shotguns exist. I used tactical vest with heavy armor plate but after beating the game on hard I'd say I should've used something less armor penalty. I got super unlucky with high quality frames so I had to use shotguns with 25 AP cost and with high armor penalty you will never have enough points to hide behind corners.

Just hope you find a good frame or shotgun with the -5 ap reduction and you're good to go. Put some points into throwing and carry a sniper rifle with you since you will be investing in critical damage anyway.

I feel you

hehe

Attached: 20190818215414_1.jpg (1920x1080, 498K)

>Don't really see the point in assault rifles now that shotguns exist
Number of targets. You can burst twice with quite a few ARs in a single turn even without TM and adrenaline. Shotguns need something to burst twice.

>the western caverns are highly militarized, but their equipment is absolute crap tier
Where do people get these dumb ideas?

Atlantis was underwater, not underground, and went debunk probably before the Descent, which is why they had to move their population to Lemuria.
And besides, it seems much more likely that Lemuria was NFT trying to surreptitiously colonize the same cave system Underrail is a part of without Biocorp's knowledge as apposed to a hunky-dory world where everyone moves underground.

Biocorp's first instinct when they found out Lemuria existed was to gas it into oblivion, why would they allow a different corporation/nation to build a different society to the west of them without any reprisal? It's more likely West Underrail is the Western section of South Underrail than it is a separate underground civilization.

how the fuck did you get a second plasma turret?

>Blaine sells the Blueprint for Plasma Nades
>10k pricetag
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, if only I had visited after Depot A.

Attached: 62341.jpg (549x463, 129K)

How didn't you? Same terminal that unlocks the first one.

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

He's probably playing no normal.

Your autistic fit is never going to make West Underrail not exist.

well, because the free drones guy confirms they are highly militarized
and none of them use energy weapons or shields

they're not rare in the black sea

unless you're a non-crafter and you NEED a weapon right now, take sniper rifles as rewards and sell them

maybe you should stick to brainlet weapons

Attached: sledge 2.png (1379x521, 167K)

When is conditioning worth it? Always? Never? Only at 10 con?

It definitely is, but it also makes more sense than west underrail being its own thing all together.

Logs from NFT facilities make it clear that Lemuria was kept hidden from Biocorp by a large stone arch that was accidentally destroyed in an earthquake. Immediately after Biocorp scouted this area and found out NFT was there they called together the fleet led by the Ceto and gassed every facility they could find before they dipped out.

If a slav like Kokoschka could make it from West Underrail to the South years after the rails go to shit, then Biocorp definitely could of done the same. Since all depictions we've seen or heard of the west aren't of a mutated hellhole, it's more likely that the West was part of Biocorp's Underrail than it was a separate entity.

it was never an option for me? I enabled the first one and the Naga watcher and then thats it

I got the Mines tho

then tell me oh great one how to use a sword without relaoding every single flurry miss

>Since all depictions we've seen or heard of the west aren't of a mutated hellhole, it's more likely that the West was part of Biocorp's Underrail than it was a separate entity.
That doesn't really follow since the Black Sea was just ruins.

do any of the arena fighters have any special gear worth looting?

I wouldn't take it unless I'm playing a tin can

have defenses, have debuffs/shutdowns, have speed, have fucking other options you absolute retard

>Giant crabs
Easy
>Colossal crabs
No a problem
>Psi crabs that are inmune to both stun and electric damage
Fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

master exploder's suit is worth some good money
I think they often have a good deal of drugs on them, and shield emitters

I think colossal crabs are immune to stun too

>Psi crabs that are inmune to both stun and electric damage
They're not immune to getting set on fucking fire.

then tell me how you do it

i have cheesed this game more than once and I found sword build too random to work nicely

And no I don't want to abuse grenades every single fuckin run

>then tell me how you do it
>have defenses, have debuffs/shutdowns, have speed, have fucking other options you absolute retard

Here you go, lads, loaded the save from when I just joined the Drones. All he says is that his homeland is far, far west. Has no clue about Protectorate. Saying that he's from Underrail is fanfic.

so, apart from the red dragon, what do you consider to be the best unique weapons in the game?

Attached: kokoshka.png (630x421, 296K)

Ruin's littered with mutated corpses and gas shells, some of which are still working. Every description of the Black Sea you get outside of it describes it as hell.

Every description you get of the West describes militarization and warfare, but nothing like mutants or destruction on the scale of Lemuria.

>5 psi crabs withering and dying in flames and gas
Is there anything War Crimes cant solve?

I'm tired of trying to play it safe with builds

Attached: 5235235235.jpg (1389x989, 330K)

So what's the deal with this place, what was supposed to happen on this map with all the shafts? Or is there some secret quest that Ive missed literzlly every time?

Attached: institute.jpg (1441x901, 391K)

Now post the Gray Army conversations.

Kinda, Tchortists experiment on people over there, you can rescue some of the failed experiments. I don't think it shows up as a quest though

I am honestly asking you how you did it

if you have your head so much in your own ass thats your problem and not mine

Do you mean the ones triggered by wearing the uniform?

the beetle uses them to teleport around

well you can't read apparently, so its frustrating

Uh really
I guess I never leave him a chance to act when I engage

Attached: best uniques.png (1363x134, 27K)

Yeah, you can also just ask him about it after doing the quest IIRC.

>doing the arena, psi beetle round
>lose the initiative roll pretty bad
>first turn, I have enough dopplegangers on me to kill me in two turns tops
What happened after Locus of Enrage was truly horrifying to watch. I will never disrespect the beetles ever again.

Quake is a good unique hammer due it's Daze effect, but it falls appart once you can craft +100 quality electroshock hammers, so I consider it a 'middle game' hammer, wouldn't bring it to DC tho.

Okay two question:

I killed the norvegians boss and his six fucking ghost, is there a reward for going the extra miles and killing them?

And the expedition is finally over how do I pack my shit up to leave with professor brofield?

Killing a ghost is it's own reward

>Biocorp's first instinct when they found out Lemuria existed was to gas it into oblivion
Because they found out the Lemurian's were trying to fuck around with a demonic space cthulhu snake outer god thing that eats fucking suns. Why WOULDN'T you gas the whole fucking place? Their only mistake was they missed one or two spots and those fucking unga bunga Atlantean's survived to continue the worship.

damn you showed me

There's nothing to suggest that's why Biocorp went after that. If anything, Biocorp only fucked off after their sub got buttfucked by monolith shenanigans.

I can't do that. On the saves where I have the uniform he's just standing outside of cleared SRO giving text bubble talk (bug?). The only option for me to do this is to do the whole Gray Army thing on a save where I'm about to join the Drones and haven't riftwalked yet. If there really was something there that proves me wrong, by all means, post it. You probably still have an option to ask about it, right?

Attached: kok.png (626x220, 119K)

there's no evidence of that; its just speculation

There's no evidence of that. Especially since the shadowlithe is pretty much all that survived.

I do but I'm actually at work being a dirty phoneposter. I'll try to get screenshots the next time I play and post them in whatever Underrail thread is up.

Is it worth it to go heavy armor with spears? Or should I try and just be speedy?

I dont see people talk about spears much here.

>defenses
what could I possibly mean?
>debuffs/shutdowns
>speed
....?!??

Don't dump per and int, user. Use that big mammalian brain!

>defenses
>debuffs/shutdowns
>speed
....?!??

Don't dump per and int, user. Use that big mammalian brain!

Attached: can YOU think of any examples.jpg (300x225, 8K)

You obviously missed the point that they totally did not discover, and thus did not gas, that facility.

They did discover it.

that's pretty much what he said

Is nimble worth it if I'm only using leather armor with about 20-30 armor penalty?

They didn't. The sub outside of the facility was a construction sub. Not an attack sub.

:^)

not unless you really want as much speed as possible

it's only ideal if you get your AP down to 0

If I genocide the natives can I still do the whole Ingwar Ghostking and Cthulu shit?

6 perception isn't good enough for dominating. You'd probably max out at like a 60% chance to hit in optimal conditions unless they're immobilized. 8 per is probably the minimum you could scrape by with.

Do you know how much movement points you lose with 30% armor penalty?

Biocorp had their own attack sub that was destroyed when it found the station. Multiple logs point to this and the PC can even speculate that Biocorp left because they didn't want to fuck around with whatever Lemuria was playing with that destroyed their sub.

twice as many as with 15%

my favorite part of the game is luring death stalker into NPCs, now they can feel my pain

3 death stalkers killed 2 of the faceless and allowed me to loot their oddity.

Attached: eatshit.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Is gun nut worth getting to make shotguns and sniper rifle? 15% seem low.

No I got that, they blew up the Siege Submarine and so it survived. Thing is though, if they attacked Lemuria explicitly to destroy the shadowlithe then why did they stop without confirming its destruction?

It seems like they just gassed everything they could find and then peaced out. Which is more in line with standard Biocorp bullshitery than a mission to stop the shadowlithe.

Hell, based on the Caerus logs, it seems like they barely understood the psi monoliths, and that's a whole 60 years after Lemuria gets fucked.
How would they even know about the shadowlithe?

>Decided to make a shotgun character, but still not entirely sure
>Find a shotgun in one of the lockers in the power stations at level 1
It's a sign.

So... are they supposed to be though or what?

Attached: 20190818195149_1.jpg (1024x768, 162K)

Attached: faceless mask fragments.png (1164x626, 1.15M)

individually, they're as easy as anything
but in groups of like 12, they're kinda tough

Really makes me think.

Attached: 20190818175237_1.jpg (1920x1080, 458K)

Starting this blind. Are there any stats it's a bad idea to drop really low? Should I try to stay fairly well rounded, or should I really specialize straight from the beginning?

>but in groups of like 12, they're kinda tough
Makes the lightning bounce better. It's the single strongmen and protectors that are moderately annoying.

Specialize from the beginning, dump what you wont use and use the points to raise your main stats

Not really.

Min-max to the limit. Just look at feats and pick stats according to those feats, leave rest at 3, max out the main stat, put spare points in CON.

>play Hard just having fun and rushing Black Sea
>get filtered
>play Dominating and cheese the everloving shit out of every encounter
>success
Its all about how you're willing to play.

>Are there any stats it's a bad idea to drop really low?
int for crafting crafting is the best way of gettign new and best gear for your character, ive did couple runs of this game (not beating it completely each time) but crafting was always the way to go for better gear and i have never found a better piece then what i could craft

And if you ask him he won't even speculate on it.

>Are there any stats it's a bad idea to drop really low?
Dont drop any stat below 5 if you dont know what are you doing.
What you got in mind?
What build do you want to do?
We can advice
>Should I try to stay fairly well rounded, or should I really specialize straight from the beginning?
This game is usually played as specializing in 1 or 2 aspects, then manage your weaknesses, for Jack of all Trades get nowhere, but specialists in something will always find a way, besides, Underrail gives many ways how to tackle situations and fights

The PC speculating on it among all the other evidence makes the conclusion obvious.

>TFW no option as a female character to fuck Jack Quicksilver into teaching you for free

its best to specialize
you aren't going to "break" the game, go nuts

depends on your build, I suppose

assumptions and speculations, tsk tsk

They'd be tough but they are melee, and instantly lose to doors because of this

The issue is there is no other evidence.

It makes just as much sense for Biocorp to holocaust Lemuria to get rid of NFT as it does for them to stop the Shadowlithe.

What Jetski's can you actually sell to Ray? He won't junk or scrap and he won't take aegis or protectorate skis.

you'd think somebody in one of the first-to-get-gassed locations would send messages to the rest saying "hey, they put mutagen in our vents"

reef glider

>but they are melee
Uh, is this a difficulty thing? On DOMINATING these niggers will always run to pick up rocks if you're further from them than the rubble. They still lose to doorways though, everyone loses to doorways.
He only buys the one unique jet you can obtain in Black Sea and the stuff that you bought from him yourself.

step up kid

Attached: 20190818005208_1.jpg (1280x720, 224K)

you're just going to waste all those mines
one will blow up all the rest

They throw rocks on all difficulties, user may just be lucky or something.

Where's your Naga, lad? Can't handle some dirt on your hands?

They cant throw it at you if you just take two step from the door with one of them blocking it, that's the whole point of abusing doors

All of the other underwater facilities were destroyed.
The siege sub is explicitly stated to be destroyed by Shadowlith shenanigans.
Now on the other hand nothing even remotely points to Biocorp going there because of the Shadowlith experiments.

>it's gucci
ahahahahahahah what a flying faggot

Fight the hordes like a man

Attached: Last stand.jpg (1024x768, 303K)

>The siege sub is explicitly stated to be destroyed by Shadowlith shenanigans.
where?

>The siege sub is explicitly stated to be destroyed by Shadowlith shenanigans.
When? I thought Biocorp lost contact with the sub when NFT tried to collapse the pass connecting them to the Underrail

the idea is that I'll be able to toss a grenade at the green one on the top, and it'll detonate the rest of them and clear out the crossbowmen that like to bunch up there. any tips on how to improve the placement? I feel like one guy would step on one and detonate them all before anyone can bunch up there

>6 Strongmen gang up on me
>Electric hammer splash them all
das the good shit

Can I get some early game tips? Like any sort of decent loot I can get at the start? I am currently playing an unarmed character and the Psi Bugs are fucking annoying. I bought a spear from the armory just to poke them, but man if I run into more than one I get fucked up. So far my only strategy has been to throw molotov cocktails at them, but I don't have the crafting recipe yet. I just bought all 5 from the merchant.

Attached: 1565828732803.jpg (560x426, 184K)

yeah, you place them so they dont blow each other up, and if you want two to hit the same people, put them adjacent to each other

its best to leave little routes through the traps so they'll all head in that direction, making them easier to blow up, but that would be after an initial ring of bear traps so that later waves can show up

I'd show you my current set-up but I'm fucked by a bug and can't access it.

Wait for brains to be exposed, then run up and massage them.

One of the Lemurian terminals where they cite it's power as being used to strike down the sub.

Which one? I don't remember anything like that. All I know is that they undid a cup.

Just made it through the Fetid Marsh.
What an absolutely miserable experience, used up all my mech repair kits and my shit is still half broken.

I legit don't remember that. You got any clue what terminal it was?

Does Sixth Shot count up for each individual shell in a burst? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I want to be sure before I waste a feat.

It's always cheaper to craft yourself molotovs, the Blueprint should be on Quinton
Also, get Repair kit and Recycle item blueprint, good loot is usually heavily damaged, reducing it's selling price, but if you recycle trash items, you can craft repair kits, which you can use to repair good loot, and then sell it for good coins
Bettles become exposed when they expose their brains

>Laser weapons, power armor and robots everywhere
>Punch everything to death by attacking them 10 times in one turn like Bruce Lee

What am i supposed to do so that "explore crimson meadow and report" task in the log completes?

I think you just about need the CAU, biohazard boots, and aegis helmet to do it without stealth and a bunch of reloads.

Even if it didn't it'd still be worth it. Sixth Shell is amazing.

Would anyone know how to get into the locked door in lower underrail, I think it's one screen away from the lurker base and has a ladder behind the locked door?

find the coords for the other facilities

is it right down the stairs from lower underrail near rail crossing? if so, it's part of a specific faction quest

Is it worth it to buy up parts to make weapons with then sell the crafted weapons?

Am I supposed to actually slaughter all these fucking tribals to gain access to the I12 facility? I have 185 stealth and I can barely sneak around. There's just so fucking many of them and all it takes is two crossbow shots to kill me or one shaman to get the doppleganger off.

whoops
>is it right down the stairs from lower underrail near rail crossing? if so, it's part of a specific faction quest
is for

That's a protectorade quest related door

Yeah. Chem pistols does the slot machine playstyle far better.

only on easier difficulties and/or maybe with very high mercantile, and only if you fill up every enhancement slot

Only CAU and boots to be immune to acid. Bio immunity not necessary because a decent low/low shield fully blocks locusts.

Should I kill Ethan for his medallion? I've already learned everything I can from him.

I don't think anyone really bothers. On normal you'll be swimming in money very quickly anyway, and on higher difficulties the sell prices get slashed to the point where it wouldn't be profitable + you still have a ton of money anyway. I'm only 15 on dominating and I have over 10000 stygian coins.

I feel foolish, I didn't think the "Incendiary Grenade" Recipe was the Molotov Cocktail recipe.

Of course you should. He took it from his mentor, and you should take it from him. He's a little bitch anyway.

Why would you trade a grenade slot for the medallion? It's a combat utility. And it only slows a single enemy with about as much power as a Daze debuff.

Thisultimate being does not learn from bitches

>seeing the prices of the higher end jetskis
Ok so the only real way to ever obtain one is through theft? I'm not autistic enough to loot every expensive piece of gear and stash it near merchants until they restock.

Attached: 1478699491918.jpg (306x306, 20K)

You can just ask to take a look and keep it
Might be a persuasion option tho dont remember

I can think of only one facility behind native villages the one with the sub, and thats an alternate route

Nevermind I can't find it. Could have sworn there was something else that mentioned the Shadowlith and Biocorp together.

It's okay grasshopper, you're learning.
Just ask if you need help.

What did he do? I have no pickpocketing to ask him about it.
You don't need it and you can sell it back for almost as much as you bought it for with Mercantile.

I was told to go to the facility located at grid I12. Approaching from the south I12 is a native village. Maybe I should loop around and approach it from the north?

>Rescuing Newton from the psi beetles
>Always need some sort of strategy to figure out how to kill them without dying.
>Make a shotgun tank
>Just fucking face tank and shoot them to death

You can get to the facility by water.

Also, try using a compass, you legit don't know where north is.

Thank you so much!

>High Electronics, low hacking
>Repair the statue at Aegis camp
>>>It's hostile
Oh
Pipeworks

His mentor made it help him harness his powers, but since that little bitch didn't wan't to put the time in to develop those skills, he killed his mentor and took the medallion.
Since he sucks he only ever managed to get it to show himself as the young man he was when he stole it, as opposed to the temporal wizard his mentor showed him when he made it

Maybe you hit your head and confused a L with an I, there isnt a single native south of that facility user.

Shotguns are goat because FUCK MISSING COMPLETELY I love the spear but I’ve been getting my mouth washed with raider chose semen for missing 95% stabs and 80% throws.

Damn. How can I kill him without turning civilians hostile?

oh...
this is probably it. Ill see when i relaunch the game, since i ragequit because of the natives.

Attached: 1537495422250.png (200x194, 21K)

If you refuse to give it back to him he'll just attack you. I'm also pretty sure you can attack him through a dialog prompt and they won't give a fuck.

Where are they? I scoured everything, cleaned the console, found tablet but qust does not check out

Got some question about LORE. What's with the black sea natives? I finished Abyss Station and went back but still wasn't able to put the pieces together.

Lemurians was messing with a black monolith which somehow links to a giant shadow void monster. Todd's mom talks about the disunion where they split into two groups. Todd suffers from some kind of multi-personality disorder, not sure if it's in his head or if it was the result of several people merged together. What else did I miss?

What the the mobile phone things for that you find in the black sea facilities? Do they just unlock new logs in the computer?

>because a decent low/low shield fully blocks locusts.
for a while
there's a million of the fuckers and they all shoot like 5 times a round

...you sure about that?

the console near the crabs not far from where you got the tablet

For my Unarmed build, should I prioritize getting Dex when I level? I know that Dex reduces the AP cost of punching, so more dex = more punches right? I just hit 4 and have my first extra stat point.

Yes.

Todd's insanity is purely a coping mechanism for being completely alone for who knows how long.

Another user here but I would suggest pumping Dex. You can play a Str based unarmed character but I enjoy Dex more, and it's more straightforward for a newbie.

So, do I have to steal it first then? Or is there another option? I never level pickpocketing. Normally he ends his story at his mentor leaving, I think. I haven't talked to him at Hanging Rat though.
>there's a million of the fuckers and they all shoot like 5 times a round
You're doing it wrong. Approach the hive until you're about 10 squares away, initiate combat, walk a bit closer, nuke the hive. Only 5 locusts will spawn on destruction. I only had to clean out all locust waves once, when I woke them up with TNT.

Is 7 strength enough to use good equipment? That is my current strength, if that is good enough I am gonna pump dex.

You guys were right. Full Psi IS easy mode in the sense that you can just ignore a lot of shit without thinking. This playthrough has introduced me to so many mechanics that I didn't even know existed because it didn't matter to psi abilities.

Such as?

>Why yes, I do main swords and Alt + F4 to go play a better game every time I miss, how could you tell?

Attached: 1560641164928[1].jpg (391x464, 17K)

Dexterity is the beast way to go, more punches means more pain
HOWEVER, there are some nice melee/unarmored feats that require some strenght
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Strength_feats

If I recall, I was fine at 8-9 strenght, 7-8 agility, then everything else on Dexterity
I suggest you give it a gander and think a decent build and feat selection

How the fuck did he even survive? The food in that place is essentially rotten.

Todd's a national treasure, I feel bad about dragging him out of his vault-13 colony and into this radiated crapsack world where you can't even take a shit in private without ceiling scorpions stinging you in the nuts.

If he is with professor, he will live a mostly normal life since the North is not an underground Australia.

Thank you, user. I don't know how the hell did i manage to miss that

He'll live inside a cell in US research facility.

but most maps have multiple hives who come to check out the noise

you can do a max strength build with 5 AP punches from like lvl 6

the door is hard to see; ive seen other people miss it on here

Anyone make a good spear build? Seems about 10 different ways to go about it and not sure if any of them are worth it.

Is it known what became with Todd's family? Where's the bodies? How old is he?

The importance of light levels
The various dodge/evasion boosts enemies can have
Juggling damage types for different enemies
How debiltating yell and crippling strike can be
Move and shoot penalities
Boosting accuracy with immobilization

et cetera

And nothing of value was lost.

Attached: 20190818170845_1.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

Attached: spearfu.jpg (1911x956, 291K)

Is there any way to navigate the upper floor of Gray army base without stealth? I can't seem to bluff my way through the guys up here, and there are too many of them to fight.

Please ignore the unoptimized crafting skills.

They can't talk to you while you're in combat mode so you can run past them that way.

>dominating is hard

Attached: dominating.jpg (1087x425, 109K)

I was able to take out about 80% before activation, and the rest I took out before they could spawn all the waves. I don't think fireballs and cryoballs are more silent than bullets or whatever you're using.
I think they died of old age and/or mental trauma.
You can only get to the keycard through the vent and back, everything else is impossible. You might trigger hostilities in the storage after that anyway. It requires cheese to pass without stealth.

>crippling strike for dodge/evasion builds
of fucking course, it was so obvious and yet I never saw it

Fuck it, warcrimes it is.

Attached: 20190818202258_1.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

>yall got any of them gizzard enzymes *scratches neck excessively*

How do you get the naga?

If you want to talk about shotgun facerolling, wait until you get to Depot A. The second build filter of the game is so fucking laughable with a shotgun.

thats not gonna work too well, user
first off, remove the traps from the lowest area; you want them stuck on the stairs so you dont have to worry about friendly fire with grenades and such
second, fill every available square on the stairs; as it is, they'll fill up the left side and be up there in no time
finally, that last row on your side of the fence is pointless; do alternating rows like this:

------------x
x------------
-------------x

where the X's are empty, with an empty row between each row of traps, obviously

approach the statue and commune with the mechanical god

Wait, I just realised that the damn door leading to the keycard in Gray Army base is locked. Is there a way to the oil without lockpicking? I don't want to slaughter the slavbros.

>no way to do the dynamite fishing or use nets to catch fish

Attached: 1561312849438.png (522x445, 96K)

Spear throw crits never get old

Has anyone been to the Citadel of Life and Viridescent Quarry ?

Or are these just some cords to make it look fuller

This better not be a goddamn will check, hold on.

actually worked perfectly fine

had to do it twice though, because a missed grenade hit dan

Biocorp completely destroyed it, it was on a cave wall.

>Hacking

Not much better. But it did level me up. At least this will be a good alternative for future runs instead of going through the FUCKING SWAMP to get the mines early.

Attached: thanks.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

tfw overprepped hard and half of the bear traps are still there every time i go to make super steel

Attached: WE LOVE DOMINATING WE LOVE DOMINATING WE LOVE TO TRAP.png (885x416, 732K)

citadel is goners
the quarry is through the fetid marsh

>This is my starting pistol

th-thanks

Attached: starting pistol.png (1221x898, 478K)

Because he knew how to make food from what was still there.

Really? You should probably use your fists.

thank you anons

There is nothing worth going through that swamp.

I have three strength!

is there atleast some small facility I can scavenge?

im just trying to do all the expidition content this time

What do mines do exactly?

It's connected to a small section of the LemCo area. It's not a fully fledged area. You get a unique combat shotgun but it's absolutely not worth going through the utter fucking disaster of spawns that the swamp is. Though I think it's the only way to get to LemCo without pissing off the pirates or at least truce with them.

Stops native attacks. Or slows them down a lot on higher difficulties, I think.

>I have three strength!
Oh shit jack, what are you doing

Trying a chem pistol build.

Fucking psi crabbos made me waste so many magnesium grenades

>OwO what's this? (tasers you gently)
Fucking loath these guys even if they do literally zero damage to me. Anyway just dropped in to let you know if you play on hard you're a disgusting masochistic freak who loves reloading. I don't even want to imagine the type of sick fuck that plays on dominating. Normalchads where we at???

Attached: download (39).jpg (200x200, 5K)

It is the way the game was meant to be played.
Seething dominating cucks can't accept that.

You better not be talking shit about my lil bro

Attached: this robot is programmed to fuck your mouth.png (100x100, 8K)

How do i get in here?
I fail the bioscan every time

Attached: aaad.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

The fuck are you wearing?

Sorry for the late reply

Lemurian's WEREN'T fucking with the Shadowlithe, the Subislanders(descendant's from Atlantis, another failed NFT colony) were. They lived in the Abyssal station before Biocorp genocided Lemuria. When Biocorp started gassing shit the highest ranking Lemurians fled to the Abyssal station and lived on. Todd is descended from one of these guys, and that's why he still has C5 clearance.

The subislanders were already adapted to living underwater, but the Lemurians weren't so they took up more resources and medicine, which causes a rift between the two groups. A bunch of subislanders ended up locking themselves in the R&D Dome and preceded to beam the shadowlithe directly into their brains, as well as injecting space dust that got from cutting part of it off.

After 20 years of huffing space dust they had pretty much all become indoctrinated by leviathan that had made the shadowlithe, and then opened their dome and attacked the rest of the station in a mad dash to get to the submarines. The R&D dome subislanders, now calling themselves the Serpentborn killed off most of the station in their attack, and stranded the 20 or so living lemurians and subislanders when they took the submarines to the surface.

These 20 or so families slowly dwindle over the next 200 some years until there's just two left, Todd's family, and a subislander family who have a daughter whose name I can't remember. Todd and the Daughter get married, and she becomes pregnant not long after, but both she and the child die in birth, and the rest of the families don't last much longer, leaving Todd in complete isolated.

His personality then splits and he regresses to a younger age, before his wife died in childbirth

Can you bring a smoke for the doc?

ah that is good to know

how do you even truce the pirates? I Negotiated with them and now they just chill until I even remotley entered there territory

You can! I think he gives you some med's for free in exchange for a cigar.

There's a cigar somewhere. I forget where.

I think you can secretly join them during the negotiations? I don't actually know.

Yeah, there are plenty of cigars around.

Lemurian Engineer Suit

I feel like a brainlet. I got lost looking for the GMS Compound and ended up underground getting into molotov cocktail fights with STALKERs. I did end up getting some loot to sell though and now I am hood rich.

Attached: 1556280591061.png (613x805, 826K)

Go to the hospital, get your chip installed.

Where I can found one of them?

Ah, aesthetic but shit.

>You stepped on an HE Mine

Attached: 1461714169718.jpg (480x647, 38K)

I think there is a box of 2 or 3 in the JSA building war room.

>Cave hopper infused leather armor
>Cave hopper infused leather tabis
>The Juice and Rifts
>Sprint
VROOOOOM
VROOOOOOOOOOOM
VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Thank you user, so that's what I missed in reading. ;_;

>reeeee why aren't you using minmaxed tailored armor in a single player rpg
fuck off with your smug condescension you autistic loser

It wasn't anything close to 200 years.

I'm not one of those fags, I'm the Ultimate Being.

With a persuasion check you can ask the pirate captain to let Aegis explore the southern territory during your negotiation. This lets you
go through the path leading to the Lemurian health center. His men will still open fire if you try to enter the port, though.

He says he doesn't have the equipment to do it. Where do I get it?

I'M STUCK IN THE GRAY ARMY BASE UNDERLEVELED AND THE SPEC OPS FAGS JUST ARRIVED
HELP

It really depends on how many years had passed between the Lemurians going down and the Subislanders freaking out.

One of the handmaidens say's that it's been 250 years since anyone has talked to them giving us a time-frame for when Biocorp gassed them, and Todd says that the r&d dome stayed locked for 20 years between the disunion and the serpentborn escaping. Very Most 230 some years, very least in the hundreds.

>snorting native vitality coke gives you enough gorilla strength to life gates and pry open ventilation shafts
Finally, a 0 lockpick 3 strlet who can access the vents.

So guys, the professor just got kidnapped should I try to negotiate or is it possible to infiltrate discretly the compound and exfiltrate him whitout any alarm ?

you always could

bbq or junkyard surprise
adrenaline
powerfist
regalia

Disguise

How? They're all instantly hostile, even with Gray Army gear on.

I tried doing it via stealth but I don't think it's possible not to trigger hostilities with the pirates as soon as you click in the manhole, fuck d'flinga

Are you a female per chance?

No but I already murdered all the regular army dudes. I just want some fucking mineral oil LET ME OUT.

Anyone tried this jump in the Fetid Marsh?
I meet the requirement, but it doesn't work.
The look through prompt below it doesn't work either.
There's also another place to the left where I can jump to, but not away.
I just get stuck there.

Attached: UL.jpg (838x609, 72K)

leap frog, bre, leap frog that shit

You're fucked. Load from the checkpoint.

Damn to bad, sounded cool tho. Missed opportunity.
I suppose I'm going to negotiate then.

I'm having trouble on deciding what to invest my spec points into. All of the unarmed spec options increase damage by a really shitty percentage. Maxing out combo seems really tempting for that 50% extra bonus damage.

Am I fucking myself by not having lock picking?

>Just made it through the Fetid Marsh.
Is there anything worthwhile there? I explored a couple of maps, but it looked shit, so I turned around and left again.

You need to NOT kill anybody
Reload from check point

The door on the left is not locked.

here's my spec options

Attached: 20190818183308_1.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

All the officers upstairs see through my disguise as soon as they talk to me, I have no stealth, and I'm too fucking slow to run past them all in combat mode.

Unique shotgun and the way into that locked off area in LemCo.

I got 13 AGI, but that one at the top can only be reached by the closest one, I think the shit is just bugged.

I don't think I saw all of it, but I just found a few oddities.
I only went there to get to LemCo without making making pirates hostile.

I will give you a few hints:
You can fool the officers if you're wearing an officer suit
Roaming Officer
Alone in bathroom
Silent assasination

Always expose weakness

The swamp is basically a joke area to designed solely to fuck you over. You can tell because Styg put a 20 agility check jump there as if anyone has 18 agility to pass it with food/boots, let alone 20

>You can fool the officers if you're wearing an officer suit
god fucking damnit

>I meet the requirement, but it doesn't work.
one of the other jumps was like that, it was a bug

report this one

But at least now you know

For 10% less DR and DT? No chance.

you can do it from 14
+2 from cave hopper gear
+2 from junkyard surprise
+2 from SSD

I give up on my dominating run
Everything is too much of a pain in the ass, also fuck bugs

i'm doing this one right now and so far it has been pretty good
>55 temp manipulation for the haste and that spell that reduces cooldowns by 1 turn, will probably also get 35 psychokinesis for the wall and imprint for free stuns
>house bonus + hypercerebrix makes it so you dont need that much investment on crafting skills
>69 chemistry for MKIV's, will bump that later to 112 for MKV's
>spear guardian specialization means you'll have 100% chance to block, and the ammount of damage blocked stacks with everything, so get some good quality spear and shield, use low/low frequency energy shields because crossbows still hurt, and they are good enough for normal bullets.
>energy edge emitter/electroshock emitter spear for enemies that resist mechanical damage so you dont really need expose weakness

Attached: Hoplite.png (1366x768, 102K)

How do i stop THE FUCKING ALARM IN EPIOJE LAB HOLY SHIT

When does he show up? I've been waiting for a while now.

Attached: 20190818214051_1.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

Im almost positive it's in the previous area

Downstairs bathroom

Of course. Thanks.

It was 100 years ago.

With unarmed? I dunno, feels worth it. I'm two rounding Naga protectors because of it.

How do you know?

dont get seen by a camera
dont let anybody who sees or hears you get to an alarm switch
the alarm is the only way to get a certain oddity though

Attached: 20190818204350_1.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

I activated it on purpose to get the armor but it's fucking annoyiong now that Im Al Fabeting everything out

Can you mb spoiler that image?

Way too much, I think you would've done fine without it.

I didn't know the talking arm had lore.

Welp, you got me there.

Although, That's Todd's persona of his dad though, while he's mentally regressed. So it probably at least a couple decades before present time, 120, 130 years.

well just turn the sound off

I want to try plasma pistol build. How much int do you recommend? Also how much throwing i need to not blow myself up?

I wouldn't really know where else to put it, honestly. Expose weakness is something I always use and appreciate so I just go with it. I could be a memelord and get wrestling to proc 100% of the time but there generally aren't things I hit five times that live.

That's his father in law, and the main point is that it happened far more recently than 200+ years ago.
Todd's great grandfather was alive when it happened.

7 is the bare minimum
17 if you are an absolute madman

I just had a realization

I pity the devils that play the Expedition content but that doesnt brownse here on Yea Forums, why?
Because to this day there are no Steam threads, nor updated wiki on the expansion content, if you dont come yap in these threads, there is absolutely nobody you can ask for advice and aid

How many of y'all managed to pass the Gray Army base without the help of Yea Forums? It would be amazing to see just 3 players that did without asking for help

>the boneyard
I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

Attached: 1479655269156.jpg (660x720, 216K)

Throwing will usually not fuck you so long as it's at 50. I'm doing an energy pistol/chem pistol build and I kept my int at 7 but that's mostly because I also need dex and perception and I dunno how thin I can spread my stats.

i thought i was supposed to kill them all
only in another playthrought i found out you could disguise as a soldier/officer

well, I wouldnt go lower than 10 dex, and I wouldn't want to pass up on scrutinous, so that's 11 perception
leaving you with 15 int

or just go for broke
regardless, plasma pistols are kind of a waste except against bosses
i'd stick to electro and laser pistols, mainly

1/3 here
But I had 10 Int

If EW spec had a reduced cooldown, I'd definitely invest in it. Right now, I'm stuck between maxing out Expertise and Improved Unarmed's spec or Combo to take with heavy punch, increasing combo's damage increase to 330%.

I'm just some unoptimized guy without any of the crafting feats nor high technicality but I'm already critting for -2000 damage on aimed shot and critical damage alone with a q140 plasma pistol with smart module and circular wave amplifier.

I had no fucking clue you could get an officer's uniform until someone mentioned it here, I was stuck trying to stealth it for ages

I savescummed the fuck out of the upper floor but i snuck through it

nah

Attached: b-but machetes are too risky.png (1105x738, 1.01M)

I never took heavy punch, is it actually worth it?

I stealthed it on my 2nd character; you dont need the uniform

I did, and i did it on dominating, it really wasn't that hard at all, the uniform thing is obvious since its clear that there is no way stealth is mandatory, the only fucking thing the expansion has that its necessary to come check in here is the retarded graveyard quest to get the torch, and mostly because the fucking crank is random and thats completely idiotic since there is no logical assumption you can make on where it is, the logical thing would be for the tribal who buries people to have it or for it to be on the area before entering, the fact that it can be on any random hoist and you might have to check them all while being pounded by invulnerable ghosts is beyond retarded

To get through high DT and make combo even fucking deadlier, yeah. You'll spend a feat and have to use twice the AP as usual for it but it's of little consequence if you're rolling barehanded. Would be pretty fucking useful for machines and armored up enemies.

yes

yeah, for that last combo and/or pneumatic hammer hit

It seem like a trap feat at first until you take combo. From then on, kiss your heavily armored enemy troubles goodybe.

He also says Lemurians lived on average 50-60 years down there, so his great grandfather's time would have been 100-110 some years ago. You hear that from the perspective of Todd's Father-in-Law, which is at least 20 years before present time in game.
Doesn't really change the main point all too much, instead of 200 years of the last of Lemuria slowly dying off it was 130 some years of the last of Lemuria slowly dying off.

I did it

just reloaded about 200x overall atleast

I thought I was smart as fuck looting the lockers and trying on a uniform to see if I could stroll by undetected.

Then I got stuck for ages in the upstairs area until someone told me you could also get an officer's uniform, and then I felt dumb again (thanks Styg).

Attached: dumb frog.png (606x486, 94K)