What went so horribly, horribly wrong?

What went so horribly, horribly wrong?

Attached: 49c60e151255a3bf69ff422380dedc62_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&crop=faces&w=1024&h=576& (1024x576, 261K)

nothing

It couldn't live up to the perfection of the prequel/side game by Inti

Was released on a world where Hollow Knight both exists and already perfected the genre.

Nothing short of poor characterization for the villain and nobody was expecting deep plot from this game.

And not knowing how to swim, but that is addressed by devs in upcoming patch.

The "swimming" part. What the actual fuck was that.

just play the GBA/DS castlevania games.

>One weapon
>Every area looks the same with different lighting behind it
>Shit movement

>t.didn't get past false knight

The switch version delaying all the stretch goals

the amount of lol epic references actually ruined it for me

t. Shitch owner

the final boss being in a literally who icecave was the biggest dissapointment

505 gave them more funding and basically took control.
They forced them to release the game too soon and also forced them to make the Iga Backpack shit purchasable.

>Ice cave in a alternate dimension with eternally frozen demons.

That's not cool anymore?

I'll agree that the last areas unfortunately had that same rehash enemies though.

The Switch port?

Nothing, the game is great

i never got the feeling that it was a final zone, when i beat the girl down there i 100% thought that the true final boss would be in the castle in the real world but the game was just over right away

No update to fix crashes or updates in general to fix bugs

Nothing. It's a great game.

Iga, for all his credits has never managed to pull off a good final boss.

Symphony (okay he was only the AD, but he took over mid way through Development)
>Drac sat in a chair and died within seconds

Circle
>He didn't have a hand in this game at all

Harmony
>Standard Drac fight with a super easy form 2 that died in seconds

Aria
>Graham was actually really good, the final boss was another room filling mass that looked and played like garbage

Dawn
>Everyone just pretends Soma is the final boss. Second form is a literal rehash

Portrait
>It's Dracula, but with help from Death

Ecclesia
>It's Dracula, but now he walks forward

He's never managed to pull off a true CastleKino end boss.

Base is solid but they halted all further development for the Switch version and fucked up Japan's release to such a level that I can't believe they were that stupid.

>HYAA HYAAA HYAAA SHUBBA WUBBA BLAH HYAA HYAA CHACHAAA HYAA HYAA
miriam could you shut the fuck up for one second

What's with all these Kickstarters ending with a publisher?
>We are in Kickstarter because we hate those icky publishers holding us back!
>We will work alone so we have more freedom!
>6 months later
>We are now being published by XYZ Games!
>We still totally have full creative control
>Also btw the game is delayed for a console release
>

Rushed, unfinished. It was obvious that there was supposed to be a second castle almost the size of the first, but they ran out of time/money and had to make do with only two areas.

>fucked up Japan's release to such a level that I can't believe they were that stupid.

What happened?

But the End boss of Symphony isn't Dracula in a chair. It's his crazy demon form that takes up the whole screen.Still easy though.

They forgot to order the physical items and to get the rating.

Honestly the voice acting is all so bad I turned down the voices to 0 and it improved the game 200%

Look closely, he's still sat chilling in his throne, it's just become a monster.

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

1-its a blatant clone of symphony of the night, meaning it doesn't aim to be better
2-neckbeard backer portraits and backer monsters ruin the atmosphere (you basically have to use the castlevania paintings mod)
3-first boss from the e3 demo got a massive breast reduction (mod fix when?)
4-invert rotates the screen (mod fix when?)

Devs being retards and neglecting the Switch version until it was too late, even thought that version was the one that the majority of fans wanted to get.

How you get Aqua Shard is easily the biggest case of cut content to me. There is no way a 100% required shard being tied to a random enemy (that's underwater) is anything but cut content.

The most costly mistake to be honest. They've now had to pay Epic to bring them on board to fix the Switch port.

Too much overpowered shit too soon. Also the graphics are fugly and the water movement is literally the dumbest shit ever.

Just the Switch port. Once they fix that and the remaining updates start coming in, it'll be fantastic.

>1-its a blatant clone of symphony of the night, meaning it doesn't aim to be better

Other than the fact that it implements and improves on multiple systems introduced in later Castlevania titles while also introducing new crafting systems?

>2-neckbeard backer portraits and backer monsters ruin the atmosphere (you basically have to use the castlevania paintings mod)

This is subjective. The monsters don't bother me at all and the portraits weren't enough to upset me but I was happy to have the option of a mod.

>3-first boss from the e3 demo got a massive breast reduction (mod fix when?)

New, fully modeled tits are sexier.

>4-invert rotates the screen (mod fix when?)

What?

Attached: 1560779168014.png (598x667, 267K)

It's a decent entry by the standards of Igavanias, but Igavanias was never good in the first place.
>Dude corridors what is level design lmao.
And unlike the other entries, it's ugly as sin.

Jesus Christ, you're utterly obsessed. Are you being paid by someone?

Switch Port. That's about it.

The game lost steam/resources at the last stretch and you can tell they had to reuse assets up the ass but it was pretty much a fucking great metroidvania the whole run.

Reducing bosses in a retarded way through greentext like a retard is easy, user. Put some effort next time.

And OoE Dracula is a fucking fantastic final boss, especially it doesn't have a shitty BIG BOSS DEMON MODE phase.

That actually felt like a different idea more than anything else. Cut content was only obvious through the last stages.

Apparently the swimming shard isn't a guaranteed drop for the first time but other than that it's good.
I suppose I was a bit disappointed the remainder of the castle was the den of behemoths gimmick but it was a really great game.

its a good game

That's its problem. It's only "good"

It’s good but the level of polish isn’t great lots of bugs etc etc maybe launching on 4 platforms at once wasn’t a great idea also the paid dlc is gross.

>>it's only "good"
>that's a bad thing

Attached: 1554637536824.jpg (341x354, 35K)

It was great but curse of the moon was still 10x better

Dude fuck you for making me pirate Hollow Knight and waste my time with it. Fuck you and your autism.

you mean Ori perfected teh genre

Third post /thread post

Falseflagging

(You) you

EEEEEEEEEEE?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1562376106024.jpg (254x512, 109K)

Why is the art of Miriam so inconsistent in quality?

Different artists

Attached: c787459.png (700x921, 1.26M)

As a child your parents neglected you, giving you shit tastes and a shit outlook on life, causing you to hate a great game in the future.

Neck yourself you dumbass falseflagger. Why are you trying to make some artificial rivalry between two very good games.