You ARE gonna buy his game right? he is after all not supporting epic games

you ARE gonna buy his game right? he is after all not supporting epic games.
medium.com/@info_68117/why-i-turned-down-exclusivity-deal-from-the-epic-store-developer-of-darq-7ee834ed0ac7

Attached: 1546552386634.png (1099x1261, 540K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1jnv57HH6uM
steamcommunity.com/id/reviola/
gog.com/game/darq
steamcharts.com/app/433550
kotaku.com/console-games-have-helped-save-the-pc-1451838136
businessinsider.com/valve-profits-2011-2?IR=T
steamdb.info/app/433550/graphs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2018
WHY I TURNED DOWN 12 PUBLISHERS TO WORK ON MY MASTERPIECE
>2019
WHY I TURNED DOWN EPIC TO SELL MY MASTERPIECE

You games shit get over yourself faggot

>/veddit/ likes trash indie games now just because it's bad PR for Epic

Yup, I'm thinking Tim's based.

I'm not going to buy a game I'm not interested in just out of spite. I do hope it does well however.

Never even heard of it.

so instead of epic giving them money, steam drones will. bravo mustard race.

Should have called it BLAQ

I mean if i worked on a game for X amount of years, i would want it to be available in as many stores as i could get it into.

Tim wanted this trash indie game on his store.

Game looks like a barebones adventure game akin to Inside, not interested.

But it's his first game, so it makes sense not to get too ambitious.

This is good publicity for him, for sure. And more negative publicity for Epic. Win all around.

But Tim wanted this trash indie game you dumb faggot.

As an exclusive. Aint no one finna fall for that.

Whats his game about though

The game is not even worth pirating.

>why I didn't accept Activision's deal, please buy my game I'm one of you
>why my game doesn't have lootboxes, please buy my game I'm one of you
>why I didn't take Epic's deal, please buy my game I'm one of you

"gamers" truly are the dumbest race in the world, genocide when?

Attached: 1541885186107.jpg (764x713, 309K)

how long before epic sends the Chinese tanks to his home?

>Indie dev takes epic deal
>shitstorm makes indie game known and they have epic money
>Indie dev doesn't take epic deal
>shitstorm makes indie game known
So what will make the most money? Asking for a dev friend

kys reverse steam drone shill

if you suck epic chinkoid bugman phalus you are literally subhuman to me and worse than hitler. I will never buy your game even if it's the second coming and I will make sure to seed it for 4 years

in the short term, taking the deal
in the long run, especially if you plan to release more titles in the future, probably not selling out to chinks

Already did.

Attached: darq.png (1029x674, 70K)

I almost did that with omega labyrinth life but the price put me off.

I think the Chinese tanks may be too busy preparing for war.

The game has 1 hour worth of content. It's like a demo version of an actual game

I bought that game like half out of spite but mostly because I was genuinely curious about it, never played a mystery dungeon before. It's pretty fun, but definitely not worth the price. Would recommend if it goes down to like $30 or $40 though.

i will

Based

Im not going to buy a game i was no interested in in the first place just to make a statement about the shithole that is epic gayms store

>indie dev wants to make a statement by not accepting exclusivity
>gets cucked by epic out of being on their store
>indie dev goes full crybaby journalist mode and seeks the world’s help to solve this “injustice”

Kek I don’t even like Epic but that’s pretty based

>trying to have an identity on an anonymous board

>developer turns down EGS
>touts about it publicly, so either one of two things can happen
>game does well because spergs seeing this article go "I NEED TO BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!"
or
>game flops so developer can go "WTF GAMERS ARE LIARS THE EPIC GAME STORE WOULD HAVE SAVED ME!!!"
Stupid fucking kike.

Attached: 1528081600209.jpg (325x325, 16K)

It reminds me of Little Nightmares so yeah I plan on buying it when it goes on sale. I don't care much for the epic games hullabaloo going on.

Attached: six.gif (1400x1400, 3.48M)

yikes, anime poster is cringe
yuck

I said I didn't care about Epic exclusivity, not that I didn't care about Epic at all, you illiterate Chinaman.

What do you think of this one?
youtu.be/1jnv57HH6uM

He didn't tho, he just mentioned it offhand on reddit and then that shit blew up so he wrote the OP article to actually get his side out properly

You didn't read what he wrote.

Can I still just add a dude and gift them a game without any hassle? I got like $40 in steam bucks due to the TF2 crate shitshow and I doubt I'm gonna bother buying anything since I'm more of a consolefag anyway.

Grooming indies is epics new favorite activity

Attached: IMG_20190816_202936.jpg (1200x358, 78K)

Man, I stumbled across a playthrough of this. It was weird how she was acting like an animu character at the ends with her reiatsu/ki/chakra/any-other-anime-energy-form blasts

>I turned down Epic's money because they asked me a week too late
what a real hero

>fell for basic marketing
pc users are fucking retarded, it's honestly astonishing to me how this guy did such a basic thing for such easy free marketing

It looks pretty cool but if it's just 2 hours long I'm going to wait for a sale.
Based dev tho.

>hell yea you can fuck my wife as long as it screws over epic

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-18 12-48-59.png (633x200, 48K)

Doubt it.
If it's your first game and you're one man armying it, the EGS offer (or equivalent) will almost always be your best bet.

Good goy

It's only good if you only care about the short term cash influx

EGS isn't gonna care about backing your next game unless you accidentally create the next rocket league or some shit and you're gonna have a bad reputation after taking the money, nevermind that it'll probably sale like donkey ass on EGS so you won't be getting a whole lot more after that first paycheck clears.

ONE MORE FOR STEAM BAYBAY

Attached: 3326655.jpg.png (680x629, 1.5M)

>It's only good if you only care about the short term cash influx
Depends on how good the short term cash is. If I made a game of questionable quality and had it sold for a guaranteed 100k or so I think I’d be just fine

>It's only good if you only care about the short term cash influx
Exactly.
If you're a OMA and it's your first game, that guaranteed capital injection can be the difference between going back to wagie life or making another game.
My issue is with large corps doing this when they clearly don't need that same stability, but are clearly doing at their investors behest.
>EGS isn't gonna care about backing your next game unless you accidentally create the next rocket league or some shit
You unironically comparing DARQ to Rocket League?

I'm saying they'll back whatever they want right now, but they aren't coming back UNLESS you got some rocket league-ass sales numbers.

What does that matter if they inject a huge lump sum into your wallet? You can use that money to make a better game that gets put on all platforms

Sure you can. Gifting people is pretty easy.
i'll take it if you wish so user

Attached: butts.gif (500x280, 1.04M)

cope, epiclets

post steam profile niggy

>h-haha I'm such a good goy and suck cock for free, c-cope
Sorry, what was that? Can't hear you over by wallet filled with money from not buying videogames

Attached: f01eduk5q4h31.jpg (981x38, 7K)

ok kid

I'm not a fan of that lighting. Everything seems really bright and well lit so some of the spook factor seems lost. Might pick it up if it's cheap enough though. Six is cuter though.

Attached: c55ae869e2514b7dba5cb27e7a347b673f6a08b0_00.jpg (426x512, 37K)

steamcommunity.com/id/reviola/
Thanks alot user

Attached: f14e46e50b508d163f5a987e98d27b34.gif (500x250, 996K)

seething

Go on lads, this one is on steamdrones

>masterpiece dream game that is your magnum opus is a walking simulator tim burton ripoff
Based

sneezing

as long as they're in the same Country.

Epic shills working overtime today lmao

>Made his first game from scratch in 3,5 years
>Didn't even know how to code before starting
Pretty based, makes me hopeful that even I could do something like that someday. Though deep down I know I'm too lazy to make anything, let alone an entire game.

>won't let Tim pay for my copy of his game
cringe

>Look! I turned them down! Now please buy my game please?

It's a puzzle game dude

user delivered. Didn't expect this at all.
Thanks alot bruv

Attached: based anon.png (899x496, 187K)

basic puzzle game or do you actually need to be a detective IRL to solve them puzzle game?

So, this is the power of steam?

Attached: 4892104219341941.png (1127x585, 244K)

I appreciate him exposing epic's shitty business practices but I'm not gonna waste money on a shit game because of it, he should have taken epic's money

>single dev doesn't want to sell game exclusively on EGS, giving decent reason why
>half of Yea Forums shits on him
>other half goes ironic turboshill mode, resulting in the above
I swear there is no way in this world you faggots will be happy with anything

Attached: 12355665634.jpg (640x360, 75K)

I can respect the dev for turning down the money, whilst thinking it's a poor financial decision. It's not my kind of game and I wouldn't buy it either way, but I wish them all the success.

Fuck Epic. Sweeney can suck on my chode.

actually i'm happy, shit games like this one belong to steam

It's not even the fact that it's a poor decision that annoys me, it's rhat because it's a decision some people liked, others have to ruin it in every possible. Nothing is ever good enough, or good at all.

Them grapes be sour

he should because that games looks like trash anyway

It's an indie game. None of then are ever any good.

what a beggar shitter

What an enormous faggot. But still not as much of a faggot as those who will buy this game simply because he did this

LOOK HOW COOL I AM PLEASE BUY MY GAME FUCK EPIC AMIRITE

Attached: 1549003534549.jpg (612x612, 20K)

you fucktards raged at the Ooblets devs 2 weeks ago and now you rage at this dude for doing the exact opposite?
this fucking place man

ooblets devs are based as fuck though

this, as an indie narrative experience developer, it's about time devs gained the ability to fight back against gamer entitlement.

>Gamers act like toxic fucks as always
>Devs act like a toxic fuck back

YOU CAN'T DO THAT, STOP HARRASING US

You're gonna regret it. The game is all show, no substance. You might as well buy Firewatch while you're at it.

fuck gamers and gaming.
lets watch anime user

Attached: 156054474993.gif (500x514, 484K)

The game looks meh and I bet it's very short just like all those """spooky""" side-scrollers chasing after the Limbo audience.

Yeah that "negative pr" sure has hurt Epic so far hurp

kek. Dude fucked up so bad not taking the Epic deal. I feel kinda bad for him, but at the end of the day this is like capitalist darwinism. Be stupid, be poor.

Devs wouldn't be doing it if retarded steamfags didn't eat it up.

While I approve the attitude, the game doesn't seem to be my taste. To be fair however they will get a boost of popularity without the bad rep from the deal, so that's a plus for them.

Now he is trying to paddle back on reddit poor guy, he fell for the anti epic meme

Console fag all my life. Get a decent enough of to play modern games. Download steam get a few games. Seem something about free epic games, look it up and they are actually pretty decent well known games.

Since I started a few months ago epic has given me more than ten games and steam hasn't given me shit. So why should I back steam, and hate epic?

Fortnite money can only go so far

based

I think he made the right choice, a man's word should be his bond. Not everyone is a filthy jew.

OH NO NO NO NO
SO THIS IS THE POWER OF STEAM!!!
hahahhahahahhaHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: Untitled.png (774x169, 87K)

the game looks like shit
he should have taken the deal

Steam never did freebies, if a game was free on steam it was because publisher/developer wanted to give it out for free. Epic on the other hand is providing us free games each weak from their own pocket, that's the most pro-consumer thing you can do. Pretty based

Yeah, but then you deserve to die on the streets like the dumb nigger you are. I 'm not going to waste money on an indie game.

You don't, only steam drones are ill in the head

Aside from the privacy breaches and the subpar launcher that you're forced to use? Sometimes your 'free' games will randomly disapear from your account and Epics only response has been "well, you didn't buy it anyway. So its fine."

Attached: 1558780749060.png (421x594, 336K)

Nobody asked you to do anything user. However Epic is pushing a developer-first policy that is pretty bad for the PC scene. If you don't care about that then nothing to be done. You shouldn't use Epic freebies as an argument however, since they said their only purpose is to help building a playerbase. In fact they are only going to keep doing until the end of the year because the first months didn't create the effect they expected.

Exactly, Epic shows a clear adoration for customers, but people try their best to meme them into the badguys. Paid Steam shills, my guess.

You're on the wrong board if you think that anyone here actually cares what you do, user.

But then you have to deal with the reputation of having pulled your previous game from steam a few days after announcing the release date for it on said platform. Shit's already pretty tense with Epic deals.

Good PR can go a long way, look at CDPR. A lot of people are sucking their dick and I'd say they have good reasons to. No pre-order bullshit, goodies for the normal physical version that rival the deluxe editions for other games, not 10 different launch versions that need a table of contents for you to decide what you want to buy etc. That's pretty pro-consumer. There's no way they would have sold so many pre-orders (percentage wise) on their own store front if people weren't actively trying to give them more money precisely because of their pro-consumer stance.

>Exactly, Epic shows a clear adoration for customers
user... You can't get your own family to care about you, never mind a billion dollar company.

Unlike you though, I get money for my opinion here, fuckstick.

From the reviews they say it's a pretty good puzzle horror game but it's short for its price. So yeah, basically that.

Attached: 1557116506828.png (840x854, 412K)

>No arguments
>Let's use my fantasy
> G-games randomly disapear
Stop being pathetic, it's a rare bug , all the free games are counted as a bought unit when you open your bank history

You are being disingenous. I paid 0$ on Left for Dead. Portal was also free. Valve gave their games free several times.
Epic free games are only to build an userbase. They already said they will stop: first a month, now the end of the year. They will only keep doing if they still fail to build an userbase to rival Steam.

THE GREAT LEAP FORWARD

I checked, reviews about this game are mainly "epic bad" on steam.

It's also on GoG so get it there to fuck with valve monopoly.
gog.com/game/darq
Whooping two reviews, at least none of that >epic bad
steamdrones faggotry. GoG chads are based

unoptimized trash
i pirated it and deleted right away
remember back in the early 2000s when devs put work into making sure their game can actually be playable for most people?
this game looks like ass but uses more gpu than sekiro

Your mothers tendies aren't a daily wage. Get a job.

CHINK

Don't bother, people just want to bury steam because they know when Steam crashes due to Sweeney managing to topple their monopoly they will lose their games, so they rail agains the inevitable.

>2-3 10 years old games vs 20-30 playable mostly 1-2 years old games

Nice comprehension

>here, have a $5 game that you couldve pirated instead
>in exchange we'll take all your info and sell it to the chinese government, also we hope you enjoy the email spam

>you ARE gonna buy his game right?
No it's not my kind of game, but good for him and stuff.
Yea Forums has liked indie stuff since before Cave Story.

>It's also on GoG so get it there to fuck with valve monopoly.
It wouldnt even be on GoG if he had taken the Epic exclusive.

Attached: 1549395083342.png (2136x1620, 2.72M)

>Yea Forums has liked indie stuff since before Cave Story
Was a fucking stupid decision even then.

>Epic shills shitting all over this guy
Ya'll are fucking sad, hope you get paid enough.

Good for him; ruining your studio's credibility is suicide.

Also, why didn't Epic have space for his game without the deal? There's a spot for it if he take the deal, but suddenly not enough space if you don't?

>being this retarded
You said: "Steam never did freebies". I proved you wrong. Then you go "b-but those don't count!" Go suck a dick.

GOG abd Steam together won't bring him any money though, so i hope he's fine with making basically nothing.

>Instead of Epic buying copies and making fake statements, the actual people supporting the industry will buy his game
>Steam drones, Mustard race
What?

Their own games that costed them nothing? Well, thanks gabe. What a generous man.
Meanwhile epic provided us games that are worth a few hundred bucks. Maybe, just maybe gaben could do the same for steam customers? Or maybe he doesn't give a single fuck about customers?

Because Epic wants to hurt Steam, not really improve the gaming scene. That "I want a multi-store future where people can adquire games in other places" is bullshit.

Yeah most of them are just drones they repeat the same lies all over again

>You can use that money to make a better game that gets put on all platforms
>More money means better games
How new to this industry are you?

Anime?

Until the Steam drones all pirate it and he cant afford to make his next game.

I'm not that user first drone, second steam never did freebies like epic it's not a freebie when you can buy portal for 50 cent and left for dead for 1 euro,

>these fucking literally who games coming out of nowhere saying whether theyre moving to epic or not
>they all get big free attention

>Epic Games being hit with a class-action lawsuit over millions compromised accounts
>Epics Launcher with too few features that crashes, or locks you out when you buy more than one game.
>Epics reponse to a user who randomly lost his games was leaked

Thats all j-just a fantasy. y-you just h-hate epic

ok, user.

>Improving UE4
>Helping out Indies
>Bringing crossplay to pc
Yeah just waste money for VR shit like gayben does or let's make another shartifact to scam valve drones.

>GOG abd Steam together won't bring him any money though
Youre shilling to hard for a company that couldnt give less of a shit about you. So many arguments made against Steam can made against Epic even more. Epic is just a terrible storefront not even on the same level of Origin. You would have to be either brain dead or a paid shill to actually support Epic.

>It wouldnt even be on GoG if he had taken the Epic exclusive.

I'm sure that 10 people that wanted to get this game on GoG would be mad. GoG is dead as a platform, sadly.

>Epic shills say EGS is good for developers
>Epic fucking destroys relationships with publishers with their summer sale and fucking now refuse to let games be sold on it if they don't do an exclusivity deal
>Epic shills say EGS only wants quality games
>They pay out the ass for Quantic Dream garbage to be exclusive
>Epic shills say EGS is great competition for Steam
>Fucking people constantly tell devs going exclusive with EGS that they are gonna pirate their shit games
>Epic shills say EGS is a great fucking store
>Six months later still fucking having security issues and NO FUCKING SHOPPING CART

Attached: 1526858120097.png (402x390, 355K)

>fortnite is the most popular game ever, exclusive to epic's launcher on PC
>can only cite 3 instances of something not working
>out of billions of users
Keep trying, steamtranny.

>Their own games that costed them nothing?
Except the development costs and losing a copy that could have been sold. That's a stupid statement.
>Meanwhile epic provided us games that are worth a few hundred bucks.
Yes, to build up a playerbase as they said. It's not a charity, just a business move that they already said it will stop. I totally approve however that you leech Tim's money, but you are being innocent if you believe that's for generosity.

>remember back in the early 2000s when devs put work into making sure their game can actually be playable for most people?
No because that wasn't a thing, at least not one man army indie devs, you idiot.

>Million accounts got hacked
Another fantasy may may
>Egs crashes
What are you even talking about
>Randomly leaked
>1 user out of millions
Just kill yourself literally

Yes.
I don't know why you think that arifical inflation of an indie game because epic is buying copies is a good thing. A game should live and die based on its own merits.

You can just say you have shit taste, user. No need to hide.

>If you complain about epic and they leak your shit it's okay because I wanna succ succ daddi epic big diccy!

Imagine roleplaying an Epic shill on Yea Forums for free.

How shit must your life be.

Attached: 1558882566721.jpg (359x305, 51K)

>I'm not that retard
>but it's not a freebie to give something free that is currently being sold on the store
Congrats, you are more retarded than him then.

GOG is still an option though,being on many storefronts is better than having it gatekept by a shitty storefront that's barely functional.

got any sources? all of those things are untrue

>Except the development costs and losing a copy that could have been sold. That's a stupid statement.
Yes, giving games away years after release when they were at 90% at one point. Great, i'm going to suck gaben dick.
>Yes, to build up a playerbase as they said. It's not a charity, just a business move that they already said it will stop. I totally approve however that you leech Tim's money, but you are being innocent if you believe that's for generosity.
It's not generosity, it's a business. And customers are winning because of the fact that epic is competing with steam. One week of free games from epic bring more value to customers than anything valve did in the last 14 years.

>Million accounts got hacked
Google is your friend
>Egs crashes
Again, use google.
>1 user out of millions
If one person doesn't matter. Do us all a favor and kill yourself.

>BLATANT advertising

ummmm what are we doing guys report this shit

Ok

>GOG is still an option though

Games are rarely released on GoG.

steamcharts.com/app/433550
Retard should've taken the deal. Nobody cares about his indie game, he'll get at most around 1k more sales than normal then disappear forever.

Attached: 1390497237041.gif (320x245, 1.89M)

His reasons are valid. He had already promoted the game on Steam and felt it would have been a dick to pull it out at the last second.
But indie devs that have NOT yet made any commitments should totally take the Epic pill if it means guaranteed cash money which allows them to work on the next project instead of, you know, going bankrupt.

Attached: 1449372724827.png (1458x1013, 1.03M)

never had any problems with any game up until last 7 or so years.
Its very recent trend to just shit out game because whatever PC fags can just buy GIGA X40080TI we dont need to optimize it, right?
fuck you

Yokazura Quartet. Underrated as fuck anime.

Sounds like you should of upgraded your computer 7 years ago, stop blaming others for your toaster.

>I make shit up
>You need to Google
I just did it with your first claim and it's bullshit ,there was a leak but nobody got hacked or something because epic fixed it beforehand, now kill yourself.

>Epic shills spam this board with blatant shilling on Epic games.
>The minute someone has news that someone didnt take the Epic deal and lists reasons why, Epic shills cry out for a game being shilled.

If you need foreskin to use Yea Forums all these posts would disappear.

yea I should upgrade to GIGA X40080TI so I can play indie games with graphics from 2005, right?
kys

>>Epic Games being hit with a class-action lawsuit over security flaw that was patched before anyone was affected by it.
Fixed that part, too bored to fix the rest. Eat shit steamdrone

Attached: 621512951052815821.png (677x1156, 674K)

Cope

>1 guy is important because bugless software is a thing
So you developing your own software drone ? Or is steam bugfree ?

I don't think you've ever played video games.

It looks so horrid and boring though.

Why is Tim trying to hide his alt

Attached: totallytim.png (2048x940, 870K)

When did steam leak a user's information again? When did steam let it's user's information get hacked again?

Taking the deal if you want to release just one game

Every time you post an anti epic games store shill thread, it just reminds people to claim their free games on the epic games store.

>thousands of upvotes on reddit
>threads on Yea Forums
>105 all time peak
So, this is the power of steam drones?

Attached: 616815687_preview_jjmqhs.jpg (546x678, 83K)

Go back

Pretty much, there was no way he could have taken the epic deal without completely ruining his reputation. My only question is did epic want his game for awhile or did they actually try to straight up poach him after he announced a release date on steam? I can't tell but I think epic is more incompetent than evil

Oh, you don't know what hacking is.

Using an vulnerability on the epic storefront and some social engineering to get a player to click on a link, the exploiter got access to your entire account. Epic is even being sued over it.

Now I know corporate boot tastes good if you're modern day slave but you really need to wake the fuck up.

>When did steam leak a user's information again? When did steam let it's user's information get hacked again?

Several times in the past years

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-18-21-47-01-008_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1133, 238K)

>Yes, giving games away years after release when they were at 90% at one point. Great, i'm going to suck gaben dick.
You going 'muh' doesn't change your statement was wrong. Deal with it.
> And customers are winning because of the fact that epic is competing with steam.
By pushing anti-consumer policies like adding an extra tax so pubs can profit more? Or forbidding player input because devs fear 'toxic gamers'?
>One week of free games from epic bring more value to customers than anything valve did in the last 14 years.
Valve brought several games to PC which had costs. That's minor when compared to giving players a voice through. Of course they aren't saints, but take the paid mods fiasco: you really believe Epic would have backed down at gamers revolting? Epic would have sided with the mods because pubs would have gotten more money.

>the developer fell for "EPIC BAD" meme
kek, i hope he enjoys being poor since nobody will buy that shitty little nightmares knock-off

Attached: 1554325095023.jpg (771x1186, 150K)

I don't think they're even being paid. Some people just need a cause, even if that cause is licking the feet of Tim Sweeney.

If it was several times why is it only the one time where people were retarded with their shit?
When did steam leak a specific user's info because they complained about losing a free game because lol bugs?
Also learn to quote

>Social engineering
Stopped here, use brain.exe next time because every software is vulnerable against
>Click this link you get 1000 dollar worth of vbux
You are really embarrassing last you for you, stop spreading lies like a subhuman

>Bringing crossplay to pc
games had crossplay before fortnite retard

It's even better,ooblets devs got 120 additional patreons after the drama. This fucking games doesn't even have that much players
Epic is winning so hard that it's not even funny at this point

>Also learn to quote

Attached: 1552484774420.png (1080x1020, 475K)

no epic no buy

Get off my website

The game's on GOG too you fuckface

Not engine based, Tim is bringing it to every game soon.

>Valve brought several games to PC which had costs.
Provide source. And i don't mean source engine, that's just another thing abandoned by valve.
>By pushing anti-consumer policies like adding an extra tax so pubs can profit more?
Look, i have credit card so no fees for me. I couldn't give less shit about people who don't because i'm thinking only about myself like every human should.

>being this retarded
See:

Ooblets devs deserved it though, at least they were brave enough to stand up against entitled consumers. If I had money, I would donate to them purely on principle.

And no one is buying it there.

epic is dogshit and their security is terrible.

That wasn't the point, tho.

Attached: hey hey HEY.gif (260x146, 576K)

>Ignores the part about the vulnerability on Epic's launcher and brattles on about every software being vulnerable to social engineering, even uses .exe so that everyone knows he's a master hacker.

Neck yourself dog.

he didn't, he was perfectly willing to sell his game on EGS. But Epic didn't want him to sell it on Steam also.

>I have no morals and a weak stance in life
>I'm also poor

Why do these things always go hand in hand.

>indie dev makes game
>FUCK EPIC I WONT SELL OUT TO THEM
>streamdrones fly in too buy it all up
its genius really

You use 'too' when it's to include another thing or all the things or something is doing it also.
'To' is what you want to use in that sentence.

Except they didnt actually buy it. So the dev will have to learn how to feed his family with reddit upvotes.

>Indie dev said game would be on Steam
>Epic offer money to take the game off steam and put it exclusively on Epic
>Indie dev says no because he already gave his word

LOL XD DEV KEEPING HIS WORD, DISGUSTING. TAKE THE MONEY!

Jews, people. Fucking Jews.

i use too because my keybooard is fucked up and does double strokes on o sometimes because i sspilled water on it months ago, and gave up trying to fix it
retarded faggot

Indie devs should be doing it because of passion, not money

>Expecting a chink to know the difference between too and to

Lower the bar a bit, user.

>Provide source
kotaku.com/console-games-have-helped-save-the-pc-1451838136
>The main party to thank for this is Valve, who in 2005 began the process of courting third-party publishers and asking them to sell games on their Steam marketplace. By 2007, most of the industry's biggest companies were onboard.
>I couldn't give less shit about people who don't because i'm thinking only about myself like every human should.
When your argument is "it's don't affect me so I don't care" you kind of paint yourself as an unlikeable person. If that's true however I do have to question why you are downloading these games and taking the bloat instead of just pirating them. All of them have cracks and are older than when Epic starting offering them.

>Tim pays 500k to dev to exclusively sell his trash
Holy fucking BASED

This isn't anime user, you can't pay your bills with passion

should've taken the epic deal lmao

Attached: 1566036886543.png (1215x775, 374K)

Thinking about other peopel is unironically a cuck behavior though. Only you matter.

So basically you're poor. I love how all the anons that believe the dev should have sold out for the money, don't actually have it themselves. I suppose this is what a jew without connections looks like.

He never said "Fuck Epic". Why do you keep lying to everyone?
>Do you want a deal?
>I would like to post my game, but I already promised to offer on Steam and GoG. Can I post without the deal?
>No, we only want exclusives
Devs were actually pretty courteous and positive to Epic, not taking a side altogether.

Then have a job instead of making games.

How does that equate to poor? It still works, why am I going to needlessly waste money for such a mild issue?
Do you buy a new iphone every year?

LMAO sure, user, sure. It's better to just not reply sometimes.
Truth

Looks good but I'm not a Horror game fan
Shit like Limbo and Little Nightmares aren't my cup of tea, but I do like to watch let's plays of games like this

If that's true then buying games is also cuck behavior. I know you are consolefag shitposting, but pirating is 100% free and doesn't have launchers or DRM. Why would you buy games on PC since everything will be cracked eventually? Just wait a few months for your AAA game, if it's indie you can take it in less than a week.

i've got a lot of disposable income, so i'll support anything that shits on epic

Attached: 1559875267906.jpg (870x633, 258K)

"not found"
Also, they didn't bring any games to pc. They bring games to their own platform that would be sold on pc anyway. Funnily enough, they were doing exclusives back then. Go figure
> If that's true however I do have to question why you are downloading these games and taking the bloat instead of just pirating them. All of them have cracks and are older than when Epic starting offering them.
It's faster to download games from epic than from torrents. As simple as that, and if i want to support developers because i feel like their game deserve my money then it's better to get it on epic than on steam anyway. Gaben does not deserve my money, he's the biggest jew on the entire world.
businessinsider.com/valve-profits-2011-2?IR=T

>My keyboard works! Yes, I can't spell correctly and my buttons stick down because all the cum but I don't have to type work emails because I don't have a job anyway and mommy won't buy me a new one until I clean up my jugs of piss.

OK, user.

It is, I agree on that. Paying for entertainment is bad in every way.

You aren't the same poster

jokes oon you faggot

Attached: Capture.png (405x111, 4K)

Oh then you're just shit posting. Cool.

this, they knew exactly what they were doing

I still don't understand why Epic is still at the stage where they have to manually add games to the store. It's not like they're some small company with a limited amount of employees. They far outpace Valve in terms of cash flow

Can you guys learn to do basic copy/pasting?
What does that link provide? Nothing? Just some words from Gaben in 2011 without a citation. I mean if you're going to get butthurt over Valve's profits but not Epic's that's pretty hypocritical.

Attached: ShillscantevencopyandpasteLMAO.jpg (984x975, 140K)

It's one guy and according to It didn't work at all

Software development after some point doesnt scale that much with the head count. You cant throw money at the problem and expect it to be solved in a day.

It's been six fucking months. And it's not like they're trying to do something that hasn't been done before

>"not found"
Then just google it.
>Also, they didn't bring any games to pc. They bring games to their own platform that would be sold on pc anyway
Why in the hell are you commenting if you couldn't read the news? Many of those games weren't coming on PC.
>Funnily enough, they were doing exclusives back then
Are you lowiq? How were they doing exclusives in making deals so that games who weren't on PC would come on their store? Which store lost the capacity to sell those games?
>It's faster to download games from epic than from torrents
No it isn't. Did you actually try to download any of those cracks?
>As simple as that, and if i want to support developers because i feel like their game deserve my money then it's better to get it on epic than on steam anyway.
These games have been out much before Epic. So you want to support them now, games who were already on the market before and even entered into sale, because they were released for free on Epic? That's makes no sense.
>muh Steam they make lot of profits
You are terrible at this. Time to claim you are another user.

hilarious as fuck.

saving the budget to buy out every game on steams top 50 wishlist is higher on the priority

If so, that's pretty much admitting you are shitposting since launchers don't matter for a piratefag. So here, have a (you).

>People flinging shit about this for any number of stupid or stale reasons
>When we literally have proof now that Epic will refuse to put an indie on it's store unless it's exclusive
>Despite Tim's justification for his bullshit being some multi-store utopian future
I mean sure, surprise surprise. But there was the benefit of the doubt before.

Attached: 1557539851937.jpg (577x441, 98K)

>consoles
>helping PC

consoles have never done anything but shit on PC,
The main reason PC is and will always be the best platform for games is because of
- modding
- MMO, Mobashit, FPS & RTS
- the definitive choice for e-sportfags
- controller freedom
- better hardware
- better utility
- more settings
even the devs know this

dev is a good guy, remember having integrity means far more than selling out and sucking off a creepy weird pedophile like tim sweeney. Yea Forums is just depressed losers who want a get rich quick scheme instead of earning it the hard way. This is why they use cheats to play games.

/thead

Doesn't matter. The shills are ignoring that part and are now focusing on how the poor little indie dev should have taken the deal

Are you lowiq? How were they doing exclusives in making deals so that games who weren't on PC would come on their store? Which store lost the capacity to sell those games?

You do realize steam wasn't the first storefront and that devs had their own websites to sell games back then? That's is why valve was doing exclusives back then.

I read the article
>The main party to thank for this is Valve, who in 2005 began the process of courting third-party publishers and asking them to sell games on their Steam marketplace. By 2007, most of the industry's biggest companies were onboard.And many of the games they'd be selling would be ones you could also buy on Xbox 360 or PS3. Fighting games. Action games. Brawlers. Platformers.

None of what was said there imply that valve bring console games to pc, it just says that you could buy games that were also on consoles. In fact, i don't have to even read that shit. I was there and i know that's just your own bullshit. No one ever claimed that, because it's not true.
>No it isn't. Did you actually try to download any of those cracks?
I didn't have to, using egs is way more comfy.
>These games have been out much before Epic. So you want to support them now, games who were already on the market before and even entered into sale, because they were released for free on Epic? That's makes no sense.
Was talking about games in general. not about freebies
>>muh Steam they make lot of profits
Yeah they do, and because of that they don't have to care about anyone. Which is why they were able to fail every project in the last 7 years and not be affected by it.

Modding is pretty irrelevant depending on the kind of gaming you enjoy. Controller freedom is dev specific, sometimes you'll get games that can't be translated into a basic hand held controller even with 3rd party apps.
Read the whole article, man you're dumb.

the problem isn't being able to have lots of things on the store, it's that they're limiting the number of games they release so that each game gets proper front-page advertising

>the wool is starting to slip off the eyes of one of their biggest drones
Uh oh.

Attached: 1562455165089.png (594x826, 206K)

I don't think firefall guy was defending epic, good try tho. Looks like he is going to become journalist with all of steamdrones retards spamming his twitters comments

>this is what steamdrones actually believe
doesn't even say if the game is good or not. more people liked the review than even own the game

Attached: anime.jpg (614x300, 50K)

What did he expect? At least EGS fans are fiercely loyal.

Sure man haha integrity will mean a lot when you're stsrving. Fucking idiot.

How many people own the game?
And don't post muh current/peak players.

Irrelevant. Sold nothing and is regarded as a shit gane by Steamdrones. Epic woukd have pulled them to greatnessn, but they chose to associate with the riff-raff.

And it's a tranny. With hundreds of games with 0 hours on them. What are the odds

Stean is a primarily tranny platform.

>You do realize steam wasn't the first storefront and that devs had their own websites to sell games back then? That's is why valve was doing exclusives back then.
Which devs are you referring?
>None of what was said there imply that valve bring console games to pc, it just says that you could buy games that were also on consoles.
Which means they brought games that were on console to PCs, exactly my point. Or you really believe those devs already had PC ports and were selling in individual websites? If you were there then proof?
>I didn't have to, using egs is way more comfy.
So you are talking out your ass. Epic.
>Was talking about games in general. not about freebies
Okay. Doesn't change those games were available in other places before Epic. Unless you mean a recently launched game that took the Epic deal, which makes your own previous statements even more confusing.
>Yeah they do, and because of that they don't have to care about anyone.
If they didn't care why would they back down at player pressure?
Second, Epic shills love posting that Tim is richer than Gaben. If Valve making massive profits is bad, why are you supporting another company that also makes massive profits?

Is your brain deteriorating chang?

>epic pigs are behind the tranny astroturfing cancer
It all makes sense now

>Not everyone is a filthy jew.

Let's not pretend there isn't a monetary incentive to NOT go on the epic store, especially if your game doesn't look great otherwise. Why else make articles and get free publicity for publicly saying you're NOT going on the store? Just don't put it on the store.

>announce your game isn't going to be on epic store, like it's some big accomplishment to not bow down to the chinese jew
>anti-Epic users buy the game purely to spite Epic, lining your pockets

What in the hell happened with your comment?

Cave Story was fun and good. This a shit.

We broke him guys.

>devs had their own websites to sell games back then?
Literally when? Who? That wasn't the norm, not even a little but unless you're referring specifically to indies, which still isnt entirely true.

>posts on cooldown like a nigger
>can't even type correctly through all the tears in his eyes anymore
>thinks he can gain clout on this website by calling anyone who likes anime a tranny
Literally kill yourself.

>>Which devs are you referring?
Darwina as an example.
>>Which means they brought games that were on console to PCs, exactly my point. Or you really believe those devs already had PC ports and were selling in individual websites? If you were there then proof?
You are the one that makes the statment that valve bring console games to pc which you failed to provide source on that.
burden of proof is on you, not on me. I can help you tho, google "valve bring console games to pc", you won't find shit.
>Okay. Doesn't change those games were available in other places before Epic. Unless you mean a recently launched game that took the Epic deal, which makes your own previous statements even more confusing.
I was talking that it's better to get a game on epic than on any other storefront if you want to support devs for any reason. Because of their lower tax.
>If they didn't care why would they back down at player pressure?
it happened once with workshop. The only reason we have refunds on steam was because steam was almost banned in australia and europe.
>If Valve making massive profits is bad, why are you supporting another company that also makes massive profits?
I preffer to support unreal engine and studio that may make more games in the future than gaben and his vr hentai dream.

>biggest online store by far
>riff-raff

Yeah those brain tumors seems to be acting up again.

>I prefer to support the developer that dropped unreal and shifted 100% of their focus to milking money from 10 year olds with fortnite
>they'll probably make more games any day now
You can't be that stupid, right?

Looks like we hit a nerve :)

Idk how many anons are just hearing about this but he posted his game on reddit a few weeks ago. Relying on spiteful purchases is pretty full retard, and I don't think he cared at all until epic came to him and told him their way or fuck off

>dropped unreal

Steamdrone, please

>$20 for a 4hr puzzle game
it looks cool but I'd only pay $10 for it

They literally haven't made a game since pre-2011

Why don't you ask why Tim was interested in buying this game until the dev refused to make it exclusive, at which point Sweeney started to claim it was too low quality for EGS anyway instead?

>Darwina
You mean the dev studio that was saved by Steam in accordance to their own statement?
>You are the one that makes the statment that valve bring console games to pc which you failed to provide source on that.
It's exactly on the news, the ones who you said you didn't read because you were there. You said you were there, if all those games were already PC ports selling on individual stores how did Valve save the PC market?
>I was talking that it's better to get a game on epic than on any other storefront if you want to support devs for any reason. Because of their lower taxes.
Okay, I think your brain had a brainfart. Let me help you: you said you got those games through Epic. I posted those games have been ages on other places and you could have gotten those beforehand. Why did you wait for Epic to take those games before supporting those devs?
>it happened once with workshop. The only reason we have refunds on steam was because steam was almost banned in australia and europe.
So you agree it happened. Good, we are making process. As for refunds, I should point out that in fact not everyone was up to it since it meant the end of flash sales.
>I preffer to support unreal engine and studio that may make more games in the future than gaben and his vr hentai dream.
Ignoring this phrase grammatical collapse, that's really retarded when you consider that Unreal engine was already extremely profitable before Epic. If they wanted to release games they could easily do so even before the Epic store.

nigga if he didn't fold to any one of those, much less all three, then he's doing something right

with that said im not buying his game because it doesnt look fun to me

This

based

Mark Kern has been sucking epic's dick for months

>Darwina
It's been months now and still Darwina is the only example you can find

You mean the dev studio that was saved by Steam in accordance to their own statement?
Exclusivity saved them? That's nice, can't count all of the studios epic saved by now then.
>>Okay, I think your brain had a brainfart. Let me help you: you said you got those games through Epic. I posted those games have been ages on other places and you could have gotten those beforehand. Why did you wait for Epic to take those games before supporting those devs?
you are mixing my statments again and again, i assume it's because you don't have anything to deflect. Not bothering anymore
>It's exactly on the news, the ones who you said you didn't read because you were there. You said you were there, if all those games were already PC ports selling on individual stores how did Valve save the PC market?
Ask kotaku writer what he meant by this.
>As for refunds, I should point out that in fact not everyone was up to it since it meant the end of flash sales.
Yes, valve decide to end flash sales to get their profits from refunds back. They could still do that and make shit tons of money, but why give a fuck when you have no real competition? And everyone was up to it, because valve never claimed they will stop flash sales. It something they decide to do after the fact.

>You games shit get over yourself faggot
Nice English, Zhang.

71 - players right now
91 - 24-hour player peak
120 - all-time player peak 3 days ago

steamdb.info/app/433550/graphs/

>Exclusivity saved them? That's nice, can't count all of the studios epic saved by now then.
If you knew about what you are talking about you would know Valve supported them before they went to their store. It wasn't an exclusitivity deal.
>you are mixing my statments again and again
You cannot even type 'statement'. You have no grasp of what you are talking about.
>Ask kotaku writer what he meant by this.
It meant, which anyone with a brain could get, that Valve saved the PC scene by bringing console games to PC.
>Yes, valve decide to end flash sales to get their profits from refunds back.
Are you being dense on purpose? You cannot have flash sales with refunds because every gamer who brought a game in sale, who later went into a bigger sale and they missed would complain ages for not being able to refund.

OH NO NO NO

But honestly, feels bad man. This is why everybody takes the deal. He apparently even had a lot of wishlists and it amounted to shit.