I really don't understand why there's never been a Diddy Kong Racing sequel. You can have both Mario Kart and DKR

I really don't understand why there's never been a Diddy Kong Racing sequel. You can have both Mario Kart and DKR.

Attached: DKR.jpg (300x300, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LCvYlD-S4DQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DKR was the shit.

Because Rare made the game and every character besides Diddy belongs to them, genius

There was a DS remake where every character was present except Conker and Banjo, so that can’t be it.

Then they could go with that old rumor where its Diddy and lesser known Nintendo characters like Duck Hunt Dog. And I'm pretty sure some of those characters like Krunch aren't owned by Rare.

Only problem I have is that the person in 1st place gets all the same types of items that the person in last place gets.

i think only banjo and conker characters are owned by microsoft from that game

They would have been legally allowed to include Conker and Banjo, they just decided not to.

Seems like people forget that Rare was allowed to make a new installment for one of their own IPs on Nintendo hardware even after the MS buyout.

Attached: VivaPocketParadise.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

We already got to see Banjo in another racing game.

Attached: Banjo_Kart.jpg (1600x900, 250K)

There was gonna be a sequel for the gamecube but it was cancelled.

No

you mean that donkey kong racing game?

>that design
why

Attached: mickie2.jpg (628x468, 48K)

Yep

That's different, Rare is allowed to make games on handheld consoles because Microsoft does not have a competing handheld. That's why Diddy Kong Racing remake and your pic are on the DS and not on the Wii.

the trailer was pretty rad. don't know if there's any gameplay existing of that game

>Rare is allowed to make games on handheld consoles because Microsoft does not have a competing handheld
Right, so when it comes to Conker and Banjo making an appearance on Nintendo's handheld console...what was stopping them? Seemed like a deliberate choice to leave them out as opposed to not being allowed to.

Because Nintendo and Miyamoto would fuck it up

>Seems like people forget that Rare was allowed to make a new installment for one of their own IPs on Nintendo hardware even after the MS buyout.

Microsoft let Rare keep making games for Nintendo's handheld systems because MS never had a competing handheld. Also the DS Viva Pinata was the only one I played and I fucking loved it.

well diddy kong racing is owned by nintendo as far as i know so there's that. they might not have wanted the competitor's mascots in a game that they "own"
but that's just me guessing. could have been just a choice they made

This game is so much more fun than Mario 64.

>karts, planes, and hovercrafts
>no lightning or blue shells BS
>powering up items makes you think strategically -- i.e. do I want to shoot this guy now or hold off for a homing missile so I can definitely get him?
>boost zippers and bananas keep the driving engaging even if you've pulled ahead or fallen behind the pack
>adventure mode

The soundtrack was pretty dope too

>The soundtrack was pretty dope too
The cd release was that diddy kong face shaped disc. Very artistic choice.

lol, I wonder how many car stereos that wrecked

youtube.com/watch?v=LCvYlD-S4DQ

Let's admit it, DKR > MK64.

Every DKR track was good both forward and backward.

I wonder who would even listen diddy kong racing ost in a car anyway.
Vision someone blasting this from subwoofers while driving and collecting girls.

I really wish lego racers and diddy kong racing had sequels. that crappy LR2 doesn't count. the ps1/64 era was the peak of kart racers.

It kind of was. not much after that except endless mario kart sequels and that one sonic racer that was decent or maybe even good. not gonna count ctr because it's remake.

what do you think of my 5000 hours in mosaic maker DK2 roster? I didn't want to lean too hard on the famous Mario/DK characters.

Attached: mosaic3e85cd22f0aa29790f696b392b45eb8a27a1b9cf.jpg (1225x1225, 490K)

>be me
>driving around
>pop in dkr ost
>suddenly the urge to race overtakes me
>floor the gas
>POWER UP
>suddenly zooming past all the cars on the busiest street in town
>get into a head on collision
>am now dead

rip in peace friend