5 games in

>5 games in
>Still this offensively amateurish UI design
how in the fuck did this company manage to thrive for so long?

Attached: EB9RADIVAAAaC9w.png (900x506, 568K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=arjN42M4ers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's so fucking big it feels like every entry is a mobile port

>been making games for over a decade
>Wayforward has still never made a game that surpassed 6/10 its ok
The power of waifufags must be one hell of a drug

BUT THEY GOT THE ANIME OPENING NOW

Sex sells. Shantae had mediocre gameplay.

Everyone has a Trigger intro these days, must be cheap as fuck
Hell, we should gather a few spare bucks and get us some nice animated banners too

No matter how much you post it your opinion won't become a fact.

For a western 2d platformer other than DK its way above average

But it's a fact

>portrait just cuts off above the knees
wow

Attached: 1565642502914.jpg (414x415, 60K)

This

Except the series lowest rating on Meta critic is a a 74, which is just the PS4 version of RR. The DS version got an 85%.

Attached: Shantae7.png (750x750, 582K)

I don’t get how Wayforward are supposed to be indie developers when they were making spongebob games on the gba. Why would nick let some indie developers make indie developers make a spongebob, especially back then when indie games weren’t really popular. It feels like wayforward calls themselves an indie company because they think getting people to think that shantae’s a indie will get people to buy her games.

>5 "games" in
>still no decent gameplay

>metacritic
Ask me how I know you're underage

Shit, waifufags will buy anything as long as cute girls are slapped on it. If they weren't massive faggots things like FGO would have died a long time ago.
But shantae is muh gaming classic!!! It's got a long history!!! The games are good!!! She should be in smash!!!
Fuck, shantaefags are dense.

Seriously, how is shantae an indie?

And I suppose you have a better source for the series' quality that isn't just "trust me bro, they're bad."

Imagine being mad that people like a game you don't.

Attached: CvPk3ZOWYAAVM-M.jpg (218x231, 14K)

Monster Boy

? If you're referring to the Dragon's Trap remake that was Lizardcube and if you mean the new Cursed Kingdom that was Game Atelier. I don't think Wayforward has touched the monster boy series.

>reusing HGH assets
That's unfortunate. Ugliest Shantae game.

Contra 4

I do like this track from the gba sponge bob movie game
m.youtube.com/watch?v=arjN42M4ers

You can't expect them to throw away all the assets they've made after one game, but at the same time, they're making a shitload of new assets for Seven Sirens so I don't know.

>every transformation is new, meaning no Monkey or Elephant but we'll get their respective aquatic analogue
>more dance animations are in presumably because the dance parlor is back
>4 towns worth of new NPCs, not counting the new half-genies
>backer enemies from HGH probably won't return so they'll have to be replaced somehow (see: Wetgal on the sticker pack they're giving away at PAX)
>the trading card with Rotty cosplaying as a half genie could very well be a transformation in of itself ("new FUSION Magic") so that means they can't just reuse FttE's assets

Attached: 1562027737668.jpg (269x306, 16K)

>one of the first games I wanted to play on my hacked 3ds
>isnt compatible with twilight yet

Attached: 1377474422685.gif (432x451, 1.64M)

Simple. "Indie" doesn't actually mean anything.

> I've never actually played the games, but pretty girls offend me and I'm desperate to have a relevant opinion

but I did, I want to like them but every time whether its Mummy demastered or that Bloodrayne game something just always feels off, like it should be a good game but it isnt for reasons I cant articulate
Didnt know they did Contra 4

Did you play Mighty Switch Force or Shantae Pirate's Curse? WayForward is hit and miss, but they have their share of good games.

There's something dead wrong with your game series when the oddball is actually the best one

Daily reminder that Shanty's boobs aren't that big and if you get in the games only for her bellydances you're awful
Go for literally any other character except for her and Rotty. They have 'em too small.

SatPC isn't regarded as the best just because it didn't use transformations. It's the longest Shantae to date with the most dungeons, story beats, and memorable set pieces (Giga Lummox puzzle, Run Run Rottytops, Tan Line Temple, etc). HGH swung in the opposite direction for some reason and tried to make a straight platformer with mild Metroidvania elements in the levels, with mixed results.

SS can easily beat SatPC if it does everything it's promising moderately well, even if it has dancing mechanics still in to some extent.

Attached: 1553360622003.png (1143x1200, 659K)

A lot of modern games have trash ui, Spyro and crash remake are the first to come to mind

>aren't that big
Good. Perfectly ripe apples >>>>> disgusting wrinkly pears

>It's the longest Shantae to date
No, that's the original.

You can breeze through the original in a couple of hours. The length mostly comes from some enemies being a nuisance and Firefly hunting if you're a fucking madman.

Attached: EB_KAWsUIAAX73X.png (791x768, 328K)

>Reddit third worlder doesn't know the difference between 'above' and 'below'

>Run Run Rottytops
POWEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR

Indie means independent not "really-small-dev-team-of-like-5-people-or-something-with-budget-equal-to-Mcdonald's-happy-meal". It encompasses one man dev teams to the likes of fucking Platinum Games. A developer stops being independent when they're bought by a larger company, be it first or third party, it's just that we've been used to the term indie being directed only towards small games by really small developers.

However, just because a developer is independent, doesn't mean they every game they make is an indie. Again, mentioning Platinum, because they're a big studio and a 'work for hire' type of developer, they need funding from a bigger company, the game then isn't independent. But if Platinum ever releases a game self published and funded from their own savings, that's the time they'll release an indie game.

A totally independnt game, one that they made, paid for, and published.

I've played the first hour of the 3DS game at least twice already and i always lost interest. As a plataformer it's fucking uninspiring and even more so as a Metroidvania. Are the rest of the games in the series like that?

Best

pandering

PAX can't come soon enough.

Attached: 1565840324239.jpg (631x997, 62K)