Is it worth it to get into this game...

Is it worth it to get into this game? Or will I have to be a robot autist who punishes string n'144 from the 47th character on reaction in order to be remotely good?

Attached: dlte.jpg (460x215, 35K)

LITERALLY THE BEST FIGHTING GAME

1.TEKKEN 7
2. WHO THE FUCK CARES

Hard but rewarding.

Just learn how to KBD and you're good to go.

smash bros is the only fighting game that matters

Tekken's difficulty is blown out of proportion by either people that do not play fighting games at large and people that do not play Tekken and just parrot whatever they hear the former say.

Attached: 1540313337131.jpg (640x871, 52K)

You have to be robot autist.

Best fighting game out right now by a very wide margin, play it and have fun!

Attached: 1516611804668.jpg (847x1200, 306K)

Proofs?

Just learn your shit bit by bit at your own pace and occasionally ask Bronson for advice.

Try playing the game

Tekken's difficulty is retarded, though. You either mash and win at beginner's level or spend half of your lifetime in practice mode in order to learn matchups, strings and counter-moves for setups. And then there's some retarded characters like Hwoarang, Steve, Xiaoyu and Raven that have 150+ moves which all look the same.

The skillset covered by Tekken, as well as its complexity; cover only the base line of the genre. As a consequence, the motivations that move people to claim Tekken is "the hardest game ever" are elements inherent to the genre that other games expand on.
The fanbase for Tekken is dramatically larger than the less populated, more complicated games; meaning that this fanbase is generally not shared with those other games. Mostly only with more simple, mainstream games such as SFV. Meaning the fanbase is generally unaware of what the genre offers deeper down the rabbit hole.

Attached: 1563964513363.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

So you concede. Thanks for playing I guess.

You just said the same thing, are you low IQ?

Provide proof. Or type another paragraph of the same thing I guess l.

I just explained to you how ignorance regarding the genre would be required and how this ignorance is mathematically guaranteed within the fanbase.
If what you want is anecdotal casuistic you have Aris lacking genre-wide knowledge and Maximilian Dood parroting. Katsuhiro Harada, ironically enough, believes the game is really not that complicated.

Yea Forums fireden is gone but I sometimes see fags complain about tekken but that really applies for fighting games as a whole.

>Aris lacking genre-wide knowledge
What. He played a lot of fightings.
>Katsuhiro Harada, ironically enough
Harada is a literal cretin. It's unbelievable that he's got a promotion

It's worth it and no you don't need to be a robot. Plenty of players suck and still have fun playing with their friends.

>a lot of fightings.
>fightings
Anyway, he played a bunch of games, but limited archetypes. Never played a mainline ArcSys game, a French Bread game, Skullgirls, etc. His experience focuses on Tekken, Soul Calibur and SF.

>Harada is a literal cretin
LMAO

Attached: 1540355690476.jpg (229x238, 33K)

>His experience focuses on Tekken, Soul Calibur and SF
That's already a lot. Or you think 2d anime games is some kind of a requirement?
>LMAO
Seems like you never read his interviews or his tweets.

>Or you think 2d anime games is some kind of a requirement?
You guys always do the same thing. It's not about the ability to sidestep, but about the presence of several defensive mechanics, movement options, and character mechanics with extra resource management, multiple points of reference for spacing, long term effects, and a wider variety of ranges. The lack or presence of sidestepping is absolutely irrelevant. Your own lack of experience is showing.

No, I'm having fun at 600 hours Yaksa and I let plenty of unknown punishes go past me. Most punishes you can generalise into different groups which simplifies things a lot
>Mishima 1,1,2 launch
>hopkicks and crouch-launching df2s -13
>mid mid strings usually -10, -12 if CH mid
>stagger lows, launch
>evasive launchers, launch
>standing twin pistons, launch
>mid armor moves -12 or -13
>low pokes -11 to -13 depending on strength
And by playing/watching the game you can naturally learn most of the specifics anyway. I think all up I've spent like 3 hours in the lab for beating/punishing other characters and that was primarily for learning how to properly punish particular tricky strings on reaction (ie. Junkyard, Leo b1,3, Can Opener)

very fun, not that hard to learn, and I personally think it's the most enjoyable fighter on the market right now (though I've yet to play Samurai Shodown). Aris (avoidingthepuddle on youtube) has a lot of tutorial type videos that were helpful when learning the game. Execution wise, movement is the hardest thing in the game. Otherwise strings are easy to do, motions are easy to, rage arts are one button, input buffer is large, fastest moves are ten frames instead of like 4 frames in SFV, etc. As far as punishing goes, you just need to know your 10 frame punish, your 13 frame punish, and like 15 frame punish, and even then you can just play by feel. After some time it's pretty easy to block a move and know which of your strings/launchers can punish it. You absolutely don't need to know every move for every character to have fun. I certainly don't know that shit, and I consistently beat orange/brown/red ranked players despite only being mid yellow rank myself (I haven't really played ranked since like the first month the game was out)

So where is the proof? You haven’t provided anything at all

What the fuck are you talking about? Did I say a single word about sidestepping or about a lack of it?
I player GG and BB for a bit, it really has some cool mechanics that you won't see in other fightings, but it's not some kind of holy grail you are trying to say it is.

>it's a tekken fan spergs out because people don't consider his game to be 4D chess levels of depth
see you guys in the next thread in the next hour to falseflag as someone who loves Tekken

Attached: 1518909608680.jpg (400x571, 59K)

Sidestepping is the only thing making 3D fighting games 3D. It's not a "holy grail" but it is an extension of the base line that adds complexity to the games while some other games like SF and Tekken remain (intentionally) in the base line.

>No, I'm having fun at 600 hours Yaksa
That's the point. You're 600 hours in and you're still season 1 greenrank. You have to autistically grind practice mode to be at least decent. Artificial difficulty at its best.

I'm starting to almost fully amass that knowledge OP describes at 1.1k hours yet I'm still Orange.

Fuck I'm shit at this game.

>Artificial difficulty
Words uttered only by Grade A bitches.

Who are you quoting?

But it perfectly fits here.

I was Genbu in S1, which is what S1 greens is now (unless maybe you're talking about freEU or NA land of the free)

What is artificial difficulty about getting your ass beat by another human being? What a fucking retard lmao

worth getting into it now so when tekken 8 comes out in 2030, you'll be better prepared

That's what I agree on. The only points I was arguing on is that 2d anime games is not some kind or requirement to be knowldedgeable, if someone already played SF, MK and Samurai Showdown.

Are you 15 years old? And looks like your IQ is on par with your age. You're getting your ass beaten because developers put 100 moves that you have to memorize first, not because your opponent is good.

2D anime games are not a requirement by themselves, but these mechanics that extend the base line are, regardless of whether they are implemented by a 2D game or a 3D game. Otherwise you don't have a complete understanding of what the genre as a whole offers.

100%. It’s easily the best fighting game of this console generation and you won’t find a better game that’s thriving on Steam. It’s very rewardingg and deep. If you’re wanting to play an actual fighting game, Tekken is the way to go. If you’re a casual shitter that just wants to play dress up, just stick to soul calibur and jackoff to your dress up characters

That's a lot of words without actually saying anything of worth. Cry harder.

Getting those sweet whiff punishes just feels too nice, far superior to it's other fg brethren

That's not what artificial difficulty means you fucking retard, specific button inputs are a fundamental part of the game. That's like saying racing games have artificial difficulty if your opponent knows the track better than you.

Attached: 1552605265416.jpg (277x276, 4K)

I'm not getting my ass beaten though, you are lol I win my matches 60+% of the time because I'm pretty decent at the game because it's not fucking hard to learn. Now quit projecting your own low IQ onto others and learn the damn game you dumb fuck

Attached: 20190818093501_1.jpg (3840x2160, 720K)

>Is it worth it to get into this game
Yes
>I have to be a robot autist who punishes string n'144 from the 47th character on reaction in order to be remotely good
Also yes

Deal with it, this is not a genre for weaklings.

Attached: tekken 7 eyemusician yoshi party.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

>Vindicator
>61% winrate in quick match
Leld. Delete your post you imbecilic trash. Good fucking lord.

When you get into tekken you think it's hard.
They you get better and you realize it's not that hard.
Then you try to be actually good and realize it is harder than you thought before getting into it.

Deal with it or go mash in MK or other shit casual garbage game.

Attached: tekken 7 in a nutshell.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

>1200 ranked games
>Vindicator
haha oh lord

did I make a mistake of buying this on ps4 or is it true it has the most pop out of all the platforms?

Attached: 1537030680234.png (500x481, 122K)

I haven't played ranked since before the ranking changes, gimme a break faggot

user...

>under 400 ranked games with one character because I haven't played ranked since the ranking changes

Play Guilty Gear.

>specific button inputs are a fundamental part of the game
Yeah, learning ~150 moves per character is a fundamental part too, I guess. Which is artificial difficulty. Your oppenent can be a potato, but you won't win until you lab his character for 3 hours.
>Racing game
Bad analogy.

Proof is the game. Play it. Compare it to anecdotes afterwards
inb4 excuses

hey alright

Yellow rank S1 is babbys first tekken. For 1k games it is super low, you have no excuse, Josie maining mashing trash.

I DON'T FUCKING PLAY RANKED ANYMORE, GIMME A BREAK

i'll play your bitch ass right now and mop you up

it is my first tekken lmao

I want to put my penis in Hotaru's mouth.

Post ID and region.

Attached: 1386243542503.gif (280x235, 1.23M)

and like I said, those thousand matches are across 3 characters. I have fewer than 400 ranked matches with josie

>Hotaru
Low tier.
>Saya
High tier.

no, you post yours

SFbabs only think Tekken is too complicated because the only shit they actually have to think about is limited to frame traps, crossovers and how to get the other guy to walk into your Flash Kick

Attached: 1409383790327.jpg (1284x980, 389K)

Why can’t you post proof if you are going to make claims?

Attached: Eliza.jpg (276x262, 11K)

yuh huh post character stats

Tekken 4 needs a rerelease with online play.

If your opponent is a potato then you could kick his ass with no more than like three strings maximum. Bro if you lose the match it just means the other guy is better at the game than you are, there's nothing "artificial" about it - and that's putting aside the fact that fucking no-one uses the characters' full movesets except koreans. As long as you're familiar the bread-and-butter of the characters, their most commonly used moves, you'll be able to at least hold your own.
>you won't win unless you lab his character for 3 hours
>wtf why do i have to practice to improve fake bullshit game

play kazumi
do 1 jab everytime you block something
if it doesnt connect stop and go back to blocking
if it does connect finish the 112 flash punch
if you get hit it mean its a frame trap either try to duck it or just block it next time then try your jab because its probably unsafe
if it goes over opponent he like to high crush you do df1 or hopkick
if it whiff go back to blocking single jab is really really hard to whiff punish unless the guy commit hard read
if you dont know what are doing then hopkick

The stuff about needing to study all that shit is largely a meme, it's only true at the absolute highest ranks. Tekken really isn't much harder to learn than Street Fighter. The most advanced stuff you'll need to know for quite a while is the very basics of frame data- that there are startup frames and recovery frames and that some moves come out faster than others.
Now at some point an autistic spammer is going to come into the thread and call it a "mindless button-masher" and post the same retarded meme images he always does, ignore him. It's not a button masher, but it's not super autistic either, at least until you get really good.

Attached: 1565970655464.png (510x468, 241K)

okay i had more than I thought, but still not 1200. I consistently beat red ranks when I match with them now, I just don't play ranked anymore because it's less fun

Attached: 20190818095336_1.jpg (3840x2160, 753K)

OP is a dumbshit who can't tell the difference between difficulty and accessibility. Fighting games require autistic levels of dedication to pick up because they are ARMA-level unintuitive to control. That doesn't make the core of the game bad, it just means the game prefers to cater to a crowd obsessed with autistic levels of input pattern memorization. Think of it like a rhythm game.

>weaklings
Holy shit it's a videogame you tremendous faggot, pull your head out of your ass.
This pretentious attitude is the thing that bothers me personally about you fighting game jocks, like fuck dude it's just a game calm down.

>why do i have to practice to improve fake bullshit game
Nigga, you do not spend half of your playtime in practice in any other fighting or any other competitive game. In most of the games you can get good just by playing it. Except for Tekken.
> no-one uses the characters' full movesets except koreans
It's actually vice versa. Koreans limit their moves to about 5%. But you have to learn all the movelist in order to limit your opponent moves to use only legit ones.
>If your opponent is a potato then you could kick his ass with no more than like three strings maximum
You obviously don't play Tekken much.

Nigga people don't play quick matches seriously, they are trying new characters or warming up before ranked, you are deluding yourself

I'm sorry but what you're saying is just straight-up untrue. You can get better at Tekken just by playing as well, but it's a much less efficient process than going into practice mode and specifically working on the things that are tripping you up.
>But you have to learn all the movelist in order to limit your opponent moves to use only legit ones
What the hell does this even mean?
>You obviously don't play Tekken much
Ironic.

>punishing strings
>only ever see the tippies top tier koreans online punish shit regularly
>Tekken God Prime youtubers don't even jab string punish half the time

yeah nah you don't, but you will probably need to learn how to deal with gimmicky bullshit and abusable strings before you feel like you're playing against a person rather than fighting the character

If it looks fun to you then play it. Stop worrying about getting good.

Attached: 1545074419639.jpg (607x607, 28K)

smash is not a fighting game

Stop replying to this retard. 60% is at the very least competent, so you already have 95% of Yea Forums beat.

ranked is retarded becuase people rage quit or quit after one loss. I want to play long sets. I played a dude in quick match yesterday like 25 times in a row and it was fun as hell. I just played one ranked match, demoted a juggernaut King player and he quit so now I have to wait for another match. The shit is corny

This.

Ranked hasn't meant anything since S2 started, you have s1 green rank level players with mighty ruler status now just because they play a lot

Every character has about 100 moves and uses maybe 30 of em.
The difficulty doesnt really come from the moves, but the movement and when to apply it.
Also dont listen to people who tell you that the backdash cancling is hard, its really easy to do as long as you dont play a backsway character (Paul, Nina, Bryan)

That's cool
My point is still the same

This is why I play Quick Matches in a majority of fighters. Everyone just quits after losing in Ranked.

that autistic robot gameplay is reserved to the same 50 people from all over the world.
the supermajority of all tekken players cluster at the low ranks.

The problem with tekken is that its skill floor for competitive play is waaaaay higher than other fighting games and theres a ton of concepts that are fundamental and you wont learn anywhere, there's no videos or guides covering them, BUT once you get past that huge curve, the learning experience becomes way more fun, easy and fast, not grueling like before, if you're willing to dedicate some hundreds of hours to understand the system fundamentals then go for it

Every character has the same set of basic tools and there are general rules that you can apply so you don't have to literally learn every move and string in the game to be decent. That said, I won't lie there is a degree of autism required to get into Tekken but if you're into that then its worth it.