Trails of Cold Steel

What am i in for?

Attached: 1549263106988.jpg (460x215, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_i3Ra-j-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cold plastic rather than steel

a very funny game haha

comfy school life simulator

A very long but good JRPG with pacing issues and really nice characters.

Yea Forums's take on Code Geass Season 2 - Yea Forums edition

Garbage

A dialog simulator with bad graphics.

is it also a cute game?

A good game that makes boomers seethe

A garbage tier LN in a game form

Nothing happens the game.

Half a game.

If you like the most generic cookie cutter trope characters and light novel man himself you'll love it

A game with the unintentionally most chad protagonist in all of Japanese media, let alone video games.

eh? I'm a boomer and I love it, it's for boomers who missed on high school life.

Ignore the haters, just sky fags upset that /ourguy/ gets their waifu in the 4th game

Fast start, s l ow m i d d l e and fast end

Great game and if you like it go back and play the earlier games.

based and hahapilled

Someone please enlighten me on the hahaman
Why does he hold back so

a rapist

Attached: 1550523404284.png (800x791, 450K)

Honestly, a lot of boring slice of life visual novel events and some bland combat.

Attached: 1541761200783.jpg (876x714, 75K)

You sure you're not talking about Sky?

Holding back, the game

Have fun

Yes and no?, although the type of combat this game services fits better in a 2D format for me. Thats just a personal choice, its essentially the same type of bland clunky system.

Haha, that's our user.

Huh? It's zoomers that hate JRPGs

You're in for some hahas, haha...

A half-assed followup to five of some of the best JRPGs out there.

FLYING AROUND
GOING TO SAVE OUR HIGH SCHOOL
IT'S THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
Haha, that's our Rean... :3

A game where the final boss is a tutorial.

Hey now, be fair, these characters don't hold back on slobbering on /ourmachine's/ dick haha

a game that tries to be deep but it's actually very shallow and generic( seriously it has nearly ever shonen troupe in existence), i won't even mention the "war".

Haha, let's save that terrorist that killed thousands of people and force him to go to school so he can fuck that drunk OL teacher like all the other students do

it really annoys me how much they force Crow as your Best friend when friendship scenes are optional, but no MUH 50 CENTS!

The worst game to ever be shilled by Yea Forums

Bean Mean Rean machine's great adventure

Attached: 1562769134946.jpg (455x285, 29K)

Daily reminder that Alisa canonically won the Reanbowl

Attached: Image 414.jpg (1250x630, 134K)

fake news!

>implying

Attached: 1548616515504.jpg (750x1334, 187K)

haha

the biggest gary stu in the history of gaming, haha...

Biggest gary stu is in Sky though: Cassius

shitty high school simulator with the most generic anime tropes

Cassius doesn't pilot a giant mech. Or have a harem. Or have some demonically corrupted heart that gives him superpowers. Or is the son of the most powerful man in western Zemuria.

God, Rean is like the epitome of compensating for a small dick and a boring personality with traits tacked on to make him look cool.

An okay game. 2 is meh.
Don't listen to autistic world building enthusiasts, the entire series writing is average.
Laura best girl in every meaning.

Holding back

laura is cringe personified. especially compared to the true best girls sara, sharon and claire.

Making fun of autism is not cool user. I like cakes but I'm not head over heels for them, acceptable tastes.

don't play 3 or 4 if you thought 2 was bad
leave it at that ending and never come back

Eh, I'm too committed to give up on the Trails series now. I can talk shit about CS2 and CS4 all day long, but I'm still hoping against hope that the series turns itself around by the Calvard arc. I don't wanna see the first five games in the series go to waste because of one back arc.

Attached: 074.png (1746x1221, 3.3M)

Why don't they just call Adol to rape everything on that oversized island?

A good game. 2 is better.

>series renowned for huge, tirelessly expansive worldbuilding and memorable characters
>just average
you have bad taste or haven't played that many JRPGs if you can't notice how this series stands out

Who cares.
They should already announce the Zero/Ao remake for PS4/5 and Epic.

>big world good
>I remember characters
This is still mediocre writing compared to books. Playing vidya isn't shameful but hailing a series writing as the secind coming of Jesus is.

You're making a comparison to literature, not me, and I wouldn't make it because that's a stupid comparison. It's comparing apples and oranges. Of course games haven't reached the sophistication of literature but they require a different kind of writing, one that takes into account the role of the player, and one that fits the genre. If you really were to insist on comparing it to the writing of a type of literature, then the one closes would be anime/manga writing, and lo and behold, it does actually hold up pretty well in comparison despite everything.

persona

If anything I'd draw the comparison to visual novels instead and compared to the top ones in that medium Trails doesn't really hold up. It's still entertaining though, but I wouldn't call it amazing or anything and the consistency of mostly irrelevant details and a few key plot points that transfer between arcs doesn't make the worldbuilding automatically great, especially after what Coldsteel does to a significant portion of the world in general in its absurdity.

The only thing videogames can do other media can't do is gameplay, and trying to ape litterature or playing on its turf is stupid and counterproductive. The expansive worldbuilding adds little to the plot, and serves as a pretext to have more playgroynd for the player, yet worldbuilding fags still it bring it up as the best thing ever done, which is clearly not from a writing pov or a gameplay pov.

HE WAS BORN WITH A SPECIAL GIFT

If anything it worsens the player experience considering a good portion of said worldbuilding is locked behind easily missable sidequests and time sensitive NPC conversations that only make your playthroughs more stressful than usual and even drives a good portion of the playerbase into using guides only for this reason

Haha

Think of every generic school battle harem LN you've ever read, then mash them all together

haha

Rean wasn't born with anything special.
Except for his dad being a reincarnated emperor

People enjoy discovering little pieces of the world through sidequests and NPCs.

Nothing personell, kid

The best JRPG ever made
Don't listen to the salty cucks who say otherwise

Rean...

All the school stuff this game does, Fire Emblem Three Houses does far better

Is this based xseed fanfic or they literally just holding back the whole game

Attached: trails of holding back.jpg (4000x1915, 1.77M)

Prequel to 'haha-simulator' with a group of teenagers in war school

99% of the people you fight are holding back at some point

How do we go from this

Attached: 2018-03-10-15_44_21.png (625x399, 414K)

>has everyone and former protagonists lusting after him
>demonic power
>mutually exclusive chosen ancient mech pilot
>charisma out the ass
>leads a ragtag group of students to turn the tide of war
>constant encounter and acknowledgement from the holding back illumanity
Yeah can't get more battle harem than this guy.

cant wait for sen 3 bros

Attached: 65604571_p0.png (868x1228, 378K)

Yeah, when it finally comes out it will be a special occasion of the Sen series being halfway translated. Haha...

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_i3Ra-j-0
Haha, i see...

Attached: 240[1].png (240x240, 69K)

picked up

weebshit.

>mechas, tanks, guns and swords
>not cold steel
Retard
The translation of Sen literally means the clashing of metal, which is exactly what happens. "Cold steel" is a decent and fitting localization. Just because you wanted some super edgy 2deep4u schlock with Cold steel the hedgehog and didn't get it, doesn't mean it's "plastic".
Sen is an upgrade in every way from Sora, and only normalcucks don't like the waifu dating sim parts and pseudo harem/anime tropes. Get with the times idiot, Calvard will have even MORE anime tropes and cliches, and I can't fucking wait!

>bloat up the cast of characters for the purpose of jumping on ogre dick
Haha...

based sen poster

That's our Rean!

This. It's the comfiest game you'll ever play, but the story is fucking great and draws you in too, it's really immersive and the story also gets way more exciting until shit hits the fan, with one of the best "shit got real" moments in gaming history.

>Renne is still best girl after 3+2+4 games
Wow

Attached: 56967776_p4.jpg (881x1200, 643K)

Ackchyually translation of "Sen" means when you draw a blade and see the flash of light reflected from it.

Need to replay sen 1 and 2 before sen 3 pc release, i have a lot of time still. also Ao/zero are the best games in the franchise. Can't wait for geofront patch.

Yes
Rean is surrounded by a lot of cute and funny girls, you get to play the doting onii-chan sensei simulator later on.

How shall other kisekis ever compete?

Attached: 1555188836754.jpg (1684x1190, 255K)

Rean Coldsteel, from The Legend of Cold Steel.

A masterpiece
Sen III might top it though, if i get to brush Altina's hair and have her sit on my lap inside Valimar

I would sen her kiseki, if you know what i mean.

blue balls

Starts off slow for the first couple chapters but starts to pick up and get good halfway through. Remember it’s part 1 of a 4 part game so there’s a lot of introductions and world building.