Well, that wasn't too too bad, but the requirements for Hardcore S+ run seems to be rather ridiculous...

Well, that wasn't too too bad, but the requirements for Hardcore S+ run seems to be rather ridiculous. Not only it makes the enemies tougher, but also has tighter time requirements? You'd think that they'd balance HC by actually making the time requirement more lax to compensate for the enemy HP bloat, but nope. Turns out there are no benefits to playing on HC, it's just harder across the board.

Biohazard thread.

Attached: 20190818140538_1.jpg (1920x1200, 295K)

There are combos in fighting games harder than these runs.

>fighting games aka button mashers
>hard
You're not fooling anyone, /fgg/ot.

You don't have enough ammo to deplete most enemies' HP in hardcore anyway. You are meant to just run around all but the most problematic ones

I did an S+hc run after two attempts just by watching a video of someone else run it. There are some combo challenges I still can't do. It's the truth, sorry if it makes you mad.

Well, not the G adults, that's for sure. But you can dispatch all the regular zombies on Hardcore and have enough ammo left for the boss fights. Of course, it'd take more time to kill them all instead of rushing through. It's just that there are situations when you really need to clear out the enemies in a room, or you'll get fucked up later, when you need to solve a puzzle or sneak by lickers, and there's Mr X on your tail.

>I did an S+hc run
>after watching a video of someone else run it
Doesn't count then.
You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Playing on hardcore has the benefit of showing you aren't a literal child who can't handle difficulty.

It does count, that's the best part. Nice Sekiro pasta, that game is easy too.

Why would you want to have an easier time achieving something on a harder difficulty?
The time requirement is extremely lax as is already, the game is perfectly beatable in 1:30 on Hardcore, you just need to know the do's and don'ts.

Once you beat the game few times you'll see it's not that hard. Personally, I hate speedrunning, but I guess I wanted that rank.
What I find difficult is speedrunning in Hollow Knight, but that is for another discussion.

Hardcore is pretty easy

Attached: 4uEeQoE.png (1035x255, 104K)

>Sekiro pasta
>he doesn't know

I really hate when people say they "speedrun" something, but all they do is ape another runner.
If someone else is:
Doing your item optimizations
Doing your routing
Doing you boss loadouts
You're not fucking "Speedrunning" you're just copying what someone else did and you have no idea why the route is the way it is or why it's faster than another order, you're just mindlessly copying, these same people got brutally assfucked trying to speedrun the DLC until someone, again, gave them something to copy

How's Hollow Knight difficult? I got the speedrun 1 achievement there on steel soul by accident, even though I thought I was going at leisure pace.

>bragging about 1:40:00-2:00:00 times
You're a funny guy.

>unlocks are tied to how little you can get away with actually playing the game
gonna be a nah from me.

>bragging
lmao

Yeah, that's my issue with speedrunning in general, but if they are tight to it, there's nothing else you can do but play by their rules.

>only contents of post are:
>Hard difficulty is ez
>times
If it's not bragging, what is it?

>Yeah, that's my issue with speedrunning in general
Are you both dumb? If you're not just watching and copying someone else's run routing the game requires a fair amount of playing and planning, getting better at it. You'll spend way more time with the game to perfect the route than someone just playing through the game.

Are you dumb? That wasn't the point at all.

>what is it?
making fun of people who cant get S+ on the easiest Resident Evil game

I found the Claire route harder

Tell me what is the issue then with rewarding someone for proving they're good at the game.

I agree, the shotgun is a big help.

Really? That seems to be an "unpopular opinion" as far as I know. I myself also think Claire's is easier. Her weapons are plain better than Leon's and the route she takes and the enemy spawns are easier to deal with.

The issue with speedrunning is that it favors getting from point A to point B above all else. It makes the player to go out of their way to avoid the core gameplay, such as combat. Rank could easily be based on a score value, of which completion time is just a fraction, among things like enemies killed, item collected, damage taken, etc. But instead it's just on a timer. Unlocks could easily be based on how thoroughly you explore the game environments or how effective you're at combat, you know the actual game. But speedrunning is just... logistics.

The point is that RE2make is easy to speedrun on HC, easier than combos in most fighting games.

>ranking system based on more than one variable
fuck off with your cancer system

She has no good tool to deal with regular zombies outside of magdumping for quick delimbing and everything else can be easily circumvented.

The Grenade Launcher is good but she has no other standout weapon while the shotgun has great utility and Leon also gets a magnum instead of the SMG.

You wouldn't be saying this shit at all if you routed your own runs scrub.
Figuring out which enemies you're absolutely required to fight and ones you can maneuver around, WHILE maintaining the most optimal route takes a vast amount of skill, especially when you need to weigh the rewards of juking a zombie or taking the time to maim it depending on if you use the location multiple times.
Watching someone do it and being shocked it didn't take any brain power is exactly like bragging about a game after reading a strategy guide, it makes you retarded

And that's enough. You get a ton of SMG ammo and powder to never run out of ammo, and delimbing gives you a guaranteed time to safely slip by the enemy. Claire also gets magnum, although later in the game.

>optimal route takes a vast amount of skill
Except it's not the skill at the game. It's skill at logistics, meta-gaming. Skill at avoiding engaging with the actual game.

Fucking posers that never invented their own strats are poser wannabee speedrunners they wish they were speedrunners they are far from speedrunners they are just strat leechers

"It's not skill at the game, it's just having game knowledge!"
Fuck man I guess it's possible to WR on your first run based on this dipshit logic

>"It's not skill at the game, it's just having game knowledge!"
That's precisely the point. Even anons in this thread could easily get their hardcore S+ ranks by just following a guide. Knowledge != skill.

>Speedrun some stuff with friends, don't really go for WR
>Get like 3rd place for records once in a game
>Friend gets super competitive and just apes everything I do to try and beat me
>Gets really angry when he can't beat me with my strat because he has to accept the fact I'm better than him

>Dev rankings meaning anything
Yeah man, beat the top AI score in a rhythm game and brag about it, then backpedal when someone quintuples your score

Isn't such a system present in RE4?
You have to think that, at its core, classic RE is about routing and resource management, and as such speedrunning is the ultimate show of mastery for such game.

The point of classic RE is not to kill all the enemies or get all the items, but to traverse the areas as efficiently as possible. This has always been the focus, even in more combat oriented modes like Extreme Battle or Mercenaries there's a huge emphasis on efficient routing.
These logistics are all the games are about.

>because he has to accept the fact I'm better than him
I guess I should reword that.
Suddenly a lot of skill based things became "RNG" in his mind

Killing all the enemies and getting all the items is not skill either, then. You can just look up a guide on how to do it.

>as efficiently as possible
There are far more efficiency criteria than just time spent.

It's a good enough measure even if it can't be a catch all, engaging enemies and consuming items is slower than straight movement.

Why does Claire run faster in Caution?

Attached: caution run.webm (1020x1080, 2.98M)

you sound like an actually retarded autist t. someone whose actually good at fighting games unlike you