What's a good 4x game for a beginner?

What's a good 4x game for a beginner?

Attached: 9563da6a-6603-46ff-9640-8108974d3870.png (1200x662, 1.34M)

Anything that isn't Dominions or that one aurora something something game. My alltime favorite is Civilization 4 BTS and of newer games I liked Endless Legend.

Call To Power

I see no reason not to start with classics such as HoMM3 (GOG version of HoMM3: Complete with HD mod, the official HD version is inferior), Civ IV: BTS, SMAC or whatever, or any game that would seem to appeal to you specifically for any reason. Some games might take more time to get used to than others, but in my opinion the initial learning stages actually tend to be the most fun you'll have at the game and shouldn't be avoided. So it's whatever goes. You might as well jump to the "deep end", or not. I don't think "beginner-friendliness" should enter into the equation.

If you want a specific recommendation, I'd go with HoMM3.

Attached: 1349949161947.png (800x600, 583K)

Endless legend without the add-ons is simple and stylish

endless legend is just the 100th remake of master of magic
the original MoM is still better, just like moo2 is still better (for a beginner) than any current space 4x
if you can't stand the primitive graphics, that just means that you don't actually enjoy 4x games and just want to play a larger scale farm simulator

MOO: conquer the stars. It's as basic as it gets. It's got a decent presentation, ai is okay in the battles a bit less so but it's a decent game overall. Otherwise civ IV, Endless Legend, Endless Space 2.

Ck2 while arguably not 4x is inarguably better than most. It is unique in what it offers and how it plays.

Civ 5. How has no one recommended this yet? OP asked for games for a beginner and you're mentioning shit no one has ever heard of. No one cares about your gamer e-peen cred for mentioning obscure games dudes, give the guy a real recommendation.
OP try Civ 5 with the expansions, if you want it to be even better you can install Vox Populi which improves balance, AI, fixes bugs, and adds more luxuries and stuff. But really just the game itself is good, it's braindead easy to play since the game is always telling you where the next decision needs to be made, so you can't go wrong.

Got any cheese strategies to win over the AI in less than an hour?

Attached: 1529242947.jpg (622x412, 90K)

Civ Revolution

if you arent playing marathon/huge with max civs and city states why even bother.. just go play farmville idiot

Minecraft
No but seriously play as Hitler in Civ II

HoMM isn't a 4X and doesn't play anything like a 4X

Also, 2 > 3

God squares look so fucking ugly.

Start with Shoshone
Set to one turn with score victory on
Settle city
Win

Pretty sure you can do turbo science occ from a lot of starts in that time.

age of wonders

Civ 4 is better. 5 and 6 combat is retarded

Age of Wonders is baby's first 4x.

Fuck off.

It's a shame all the sequels are pure garbage. I've been looking for a 4x like the original AOW for a while now.

I'm playing planetfall, everyone is cumming all over it likea bukkakke but it's the same shit. Every faction plays the exact same like in the other AoWs.

yeah, it's sad what aow has become, a literal generic scifi "strategy" game.

Master of Orion

hey i know that game

Unfortunately i draw the line at goofball sci fi shit. what a waste.

Attached: 1551823775282.png (500x474, 202K)

Call to power.

You aren't missing out on anything.

Master of Magic is very easy to get into. No convoluted tech trees, the only thing you research are spells.

Civ 5

What do you even do in pic related

Restart

do not get HOMM3
the gameplay has not aged well