State of Overwatch

I'm asking the people that play overwatch out there. I quit OW ages ago because it was a stupid broken ass game that lost all joy it gave me. Recently have been getting the feeling to maybe give it a shot again. Is it worth it? What's the state of the game?

Attached: Screenshot_20190814-173605.jpg (1079x970, 441K)

more shitty than before

Had only gotten worse over time. They've fixed none of the issues that were present in launch and have only added more.

search for the Overwatch general, ask there. Yea Forums ‘s opinion on Overwatch is stained by brainwashed poltards

OW has made a lot of improvements lately and the 2-2-2 role lock and role queue are well recieved. Replay system is finally here, workshop has some good custom maps. Sigma has the best reveal video and music of any hero. Brig got nerfed hard finally so shes not a cancer. Orisa is pretty fucking annoying though.

shield is too OP and limit your hero pools.
There's no way mccree gonna beat that orisa shield.

This.

Role Q is generally good, frustrating only if your teamates are more braindead than average, but generally balance the game better.
Sigma is intresting, high skill ceiling but a bit annoying paired with an orisa, he will likely get a slight nef.
The new Q system hit the main servers but it is still in the Beta season, you might want to try it out now.

Shields are indeed getting annoying and dive is mostly dead, now we wait for future patchs/fuck ups on the devs side to change the meta.

It's absolutely garbage. The new meta is double shield. You will shoot at shields for the entire match and nothing you do will have any impact. Only ultimates matter. Gold damage is generally around 4-5k.

>gold damage is around 4-5k
how is life in low silver?

I am currently ranked 4300, although I have only played maybe ten games this season, so potentially it would fall if I played more.

>The new meta is double shield.
>shield is too OP

This is what made me quit the game years ago, and you're telling me it's gotten worse ?
Oh my goodness, how did Blizzard create a game so unsatisfying ?

It's just been one dogshit meta after another.

We had over a year of GOATS, which is generally considered to be what killed the game. During GOATS meta, the game went from the #2 game in Korean PC bangs to the #17 game - a 89% decrease in player base.

After that we had months of Orisa-Hog, which is another reviled meta. And finally we're at double shield, which is widely considered the worst meta the game has ever seen.

They literally do not know how to make the game interesting and fun. Reverting the game to the beta patch would be a vast improvement at this point - coinflip and all

>we had months of Orisa-Hog, which is another reviled meta
No shit. Orisa is just a robot with no personnality that shoots a retarded machin gun with no feelings.

>They literally do not know how to make the game interesting and fun.

Yeah, for me the main word is "unsatisfactory"
Guns sound weak. There is no blood, explosions sound weak too, characters are too cartoony.
One thing that is good about Counter Strike is that the AK47 sounds like an AK47 and when you shoot a player in the head, you hear your rifle firing, you see the blood splatter against the wall, and then the guy is dead for several minutes.

Overwatch might as well be a water gun game at this point, you don't feel like you kill anybody. In fact, you don't kill anybody since everybody is always healing and shielding.

what a bunch of crybabies. OW is actually in a decent state. 2/2/2 helped a lot with the quality of games.

Although faster balance patches will be nice (orisa&reaper), I think they will have an easier time balancing 2/2/2.

Shield piercing dps would change the game and should be added

Try Paladins, it's free and actually better in some ways, like the legenday/loadout/item system which lets you get different playstyles from the same hero. I have over 100 hours and haven't spent a single cent on it.

Attached: 1562325902835.gif (400x300, 1.93M)

or more effective ways to break shields. this could be stuff like if you empty your whole magazine on the same shield you do bonus dmg or actual whole team focusing shield

dilate

Attached: my-image (33).png (1216x560, 292K)

>2019
>no fov slider

Put dva at wifey and mercy at marriage material and we have a deal