Bullshit reinforcements aside, 8 chapters in and I think I like this more than Fire Emblem 7. Feels more strategic...

Bullshit reinforcements aside, 8 chapters in and I think I like this more than Fire Emblem 7. Feels more strategic. FE7 is kinda baby difficulty. Enemies actually do damage in this game. I also much prefer seize maps over defend/rout.
The only thing is that yeah Roy is a little bitch who can't get kills and is carried entirely by the Rapier. Probably worse than Eliwood. Does he still promote if you never get him to level 10, because it sure feels like that's my trajectory

Attached: Ba_japan_fe06.jpg (640x398, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8xXOfMvZ4SU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

automatic promotion at a specific point
until then he's like the king in chess

6 is good except the difficulty drops like a rock in the last third

I hope you like wyverns

nah, same turn reinforcements with no warning will forever keep this game from being great. Things like the shitty lord, horrible accuracy and long maps could be argued, but the fact that 8 fucking mounted archers can come out and attack you without any kind of counterplay just makes it unplayable for me. Also hard mode bonus on some units like Gonzales and the princess guard are crazy high.
Roy promotes really late (like 2 chapters off the end depending on extra chapters) just to one shoot dragons. Stat growths are low across the board so making him usable is really hard

same turn reinforcements will always be cancerous

I think FE6 and FE7 are pretty similar in quality. Both have decent maps and the gameplay mechanics are near identical. It's weird that some people can love one but hate the other.

Yes, Roy promotes at any level.

I actually didn't find the ambush spawns to be that bad. If you move at a decent pace and are not turtling like a mother fucker you will finish most maps before they even hit you. The only notable case offhand I can remember straight up losing a unit because I wasn't aware of ambush spawns was in chapter 10A where I lost someone to the reinforcements from the southern forts. They are generally hinted at. Still bullshit but mostly avoidable, the zone based ones in chapter 21 are pretty aids though honestly. Overall though I don't feel they take away from the overall game.

>The only thing is that yeah Roy is a little bitch who can't get kills and is carried entirely by the Rapier.
Yeah Roy sucks ass at least you are given 2 rapiers in this game he feels like a worse Leif. Leaf can at least get movement growths and scrolls exist in that game rather than waiting till the end game secret shop to buy boots. Leif also gets very early access to 1-2 range and the lightbrand is not total ass like in FE6. I ended up just occasionally feeding kills to Roy but he usually lagged behind a few levels from the rest of my team. I just threw kills at him when possible because I knew he would be stuck at 20 for so long.

>same turn reinforcements will always be cancerous
That's because FE's game design is fundamentally flawed. In other turn-based games, enemies are active and will actively patrol and seek out the player characters, even if they are on the other side of the map. However, in FE, outside of a few scripted instances, enemies are stationary and don't charge you unless enter their immediate attack range, so you can slowly crawl forward at your leisure and pick off enemies one by one

This even applies to the bosses, because they remain glued to the gate/throne they're guarding, so you can just have all your characters surround them and take potshots at them. Because of this, bosses in FE are paradoxically easier to fight than normal units.

Bullshit reinforcements are the only way to add some modicum of challenge to Fire Emblem.

>enemies are stationary and don't charge you
obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=8xXOfMvZ4SU

>This even applies to the bosses, because they remain glued to the gate/throne they're guarding, so you can just have all your characters surround them and take potshots at them. Because of this, bosses in FE are paradoxically easier to fight than normal units.
They have really went out of their way to avoid this in recent years. The GBA games occasionally had the joke boss with no 1-2 range but they have continually tried to make this something you can't abuse. Hell three houses just straight up gave many bosses the ability to counter you at any range.

FE6 would probably be my favorite FE game, if it weren't for those terrible relic-retrieval chapter, which you have to unlock and complete all of, if you want to see the true ending.

Attached: 0cb8009502a768a6aad931c2d04619af49d71b72_hq.jpg (500x845, 54K)

Hold the phone, I've had enemies move whether I was in range or not. This doesn't apply to all maps in FE games. Some enemies behave differently than others.

Bosses I'll give you. They remain in their place

Is that a video of a comic? And you're posting it on an imageboard?

I fed him every upgrade i got and he eventually could solo every map

FE haters make me appreciate the benefits of being bad at video games. Some people can glance at a game and instantly solve it, but for me finding the right strategy seems like a difficult task and I get many hours of enjoyment from strategizing.

>They have really went out of their way to avoid this in recent years. The GBA games occasionally had the joke boss with no 1-2 range
What do you mean, "joke boss with no 1-2 range". Almost every boss in FE has a ranged option. But having a 1-2 weapon doesn't solve anything.

The issue is that you can easily surround the boss with your units and attack him 5+ times within a single phase. Even if the boss has a ranged attack, that hardly matters, because even puny mages can survive a 1-2 attack (which is typically weaker than a 1-1 attack), and because you can gang up on him with so many units, you can easily defeat him within a single phase.

The boss should be proactive and move out, not remain in place like a pinata.

It's the same for us, but more rare. Conquest Lunatic feels like an actual wall, especially when you don't know how to optimize your team.

I for one won't even fucking touch three houses until it gets Lunatic. I'm not that stupid.

>every mission is a seize
>most prepromotes are ass, class balance is shitty,
>maps are huge and you spend a ton of turns walking without any attacking
>roy is nearly useless for 20 chapters then busted for 5
>no thief promotions
>finding out you missed one of the legendary weapons and have to redo the chapter 20 turns in.
>if you break or miss one of the legendary weapons you're locked out of the true ending.
I don't mind FE6 but in almost every way it's different from FE7 I dislike it.

I wish I have done that. Had to quit my deer 3rd run, too boring. Sadly I doubt they can balance all the OP batallions out there so I feel it's just going to be birthright lunatic all over again

I was already bored a few chapters into the second playthrough desu. Replaying the academy phase is just such a slog, even if it is interesting to see different characters reacting to the events.

I don't know what that is but they'll probably give the enemies even more OP bullshit to counter your bullshit. Think Seal Defense, Inveitable End and that fucking faggot with the infinite staff uses.

Iago.

FUCK YOU IAGO SO MUCH HOLY SHIT

Does each house have an unique story in 3Houses?