What are some examples of pic related in Vidya?

What are some examples of pic related in Vidya?

Attached: 7ialcps1mhl21.jpg (2404x1260, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YVdKq3AkfJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally the whole video game industry desu

This
/thread

Came to post this

yeppers

Attached: 13173E8C-A5C1-455B-B108-B53FA131C756.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Yea Forums

Everything.
If your series wasn't killed off, it's now being milked as a mobile game. If it wasn't turned into a mobile game, it's something barely recognizable. Gutted and drained of any semblance of originality and creativity it once had. Games are no longer made to appear to any particular group, but to all of them. Every game needs a bunch of meaningless features to appeal to as many people as possible instead of trying to appeal to a core audience. It is sickening, and utterly terrifying. What doesn't help is gaming "journalism", which claims demanding devs to produce anything better, even a finished game makes you a "toxic entitled shitlord" who needs to "grow up". Fuck this industry, and fuck games journalists.

More like Yea Forums as a whole. Reddit has really done a number on here, starting from ~2011, with NeoGaf/ResetEra a few years after

Yeah it's this.

>"if you dont like it, make your own game"
>makes own game
>"you have to make your game conform with our batshit ideology or we're going to smear you as a racist"

Pretty much every aspect of nerd culture except super autistic niches really

Yeah this
I don't even need to post my opinion now

Attached: 1555312648703.png (300x213, 43K)

>Don't like it don't buy it
>What, why is nobody buying our game?
>If you don't buy it you're a racist shitlord!
>What do you mean it's broken and doesn't run? You're just a nazi!
>Huh? The ai is a fucking mess and the game chugs on the highest tier machines? All I hear is transphobia!

Moral of the story: Incels are losers and always get BTFO, women and Chads always win.
You can't escape biology.

Attached: Frogpost 94.png (395x578, 64K)

I used to escape into video games and d&d and holy shit have they both been falling far in recent times

Attached: quotethewordracismislikeketchupitcanbeputonpracticallyanythinganddemandingthomassowell278475.jpg (850x400, 59K)

I don't think that principle applies to hobbies that are mostly followed by large groups online rather than small personal groups. Also, if you seriously think females take up niche hobbies to impress guys you are insane. You think chicks get wet at the type of guys who are in DnD groups?

Every video game series that has ever garnered considerable popularity over a considerable period of time. You know how the saying goes, you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

The entirety of nerd/"geek" culture, including weeaboo culture. Now you have jocks and stacies who try to associate with the culture and companies are pandering more and more towards them. Why do you think social media and even this very board is full of normalfags and 17 year olds from reddit and twitter?

Someone post the image of the WH40K "but for kids"

also
> Dawn of War series

Attached: CodexAstartesDoesNotSupportThis.jpg (826x667, 51K)

>100,000,000 Player's handbooks sold
>Niche
When people clearly not interested in the game show up: It's because they want something else out of it. It's not hard to spot attention vampires. They don't show because they want dick. They want whiteknighting and social elevation, and maybe to manipulate specific people.

>Dow
I stopped at soulstorm, did I fuck up?

> Stopping before DoW 2
No, you made the right choice.

This, nothing to discuss really.
Better question, what niche franchises survived pic?

I like how ST13 is stuck on stage 3 on this chart hopefully I won’t go further down.

Persona series after 1 and 2

>what niche franchises survived pic?
the picture outlines social forces that function like gravity or temperature. rules of the universe that cannot be escaped.

once a game becomes nothing more than excuse to do anything other than play the game, such as socializing, you are by definition no longer playing the game; you're just doing something else entirely.

unless you meant in the sense of contamination, in which case games that don't integrate social features would fit. a starcraft streamer could be the most interactive and annoying non-game-playing starcraft streamer around, but if you got into a game against them you could be completely unaware of it.

physical games like trading cards are easy to contaminate; physically isolating games like digital media are easy to decontaminate, given the proper setting.

FPBP

It's not obtaining sex or relationships, it's the thrill of having people desire you and receiving spotlight/fame. After enough years the term orbiter was finally coined but now you'll be called an incel for talking that way about the motives of an attractive woman.

>Better question, what niche franchises survived pic?
Ironically enough, the ones that died.

This has never happened.

Source: This picture is over a decade and a half old, and people insisted even back then we were at the last stage, but you're all still here.

It's not about getting fucks from them but rather getting free shit from them. Why else do you think e thots exist despite tinder giving them a steady supply of dicks, it's because they realize beta will give them free shit.

That's probably because it got much worse then what pic predicted

This doesn't happen to hobbies as a whole, but it can happen to your game group if you let it. The proliferation of nerd culture as more acceptable has made groups like this more and more common, but no hobby flat out falls to this because it's a series of personal failings on behalf of beta nerds who cannot curate a decent friend group.

/thread abandon ship

>image so relatable it proliferates for 15 years
>hurr never happens

It's actually probably because the people today insisting we are in the last stage are the people who got involved back in stage 4 or 5.

You're average 18 year old Yea Forums user's first console was the Wii or the 360.

Stalker

It happened to comics, gaming, card games, anime, it's currently happening to table tops. "Nerds" now orbit the hobbies from a distance and judge all the new crap that comes out while reread/rewatch/replay all the old classics as their industries continue to decline in quality cause that's all there really is to do

>Tfw anons say this while MK11 and the Division 2 are doing good

>comics, gaming, card games, anime, it's currently happening to table tops
All of those things still exist, and nerds have orbited around hobbies judgingly since the dawn of time. The Simpsons was making jokes about that common stereotype damn near 30 years ago, so you know basically everyone on Earth knew about it for long before that.

>2011
This site went to shit in '08 with chanology and moot closing Yea Forums for a day. It really never recovered.
t. e/x/ile

At least hex and chit wargaming will be safe, it's full of literal grognards.

holy shit the levels of incel cope in this pic

>comics
If you're into comics now, you're part of like the 10th generation of comic readers. Superman is 80 years old.

Same for these other hobbies. The "original creators" of tabletop games, video games, and card games (the fans) are in their 50s. The actual original authors are dying of old age left and right.

Most anons that say it's happening to comics never read comics nor do they plan to read them.

Attached: MarvelPolitics051.jpg (800x600, 89K)

gg ez.

feepie beepie

Attached: 1562760364435.jpg (1000x1000, 186K)

just a case of too much optimism

Attached: 1557488110570.png (500x300, 64K)

>but you're all still here
Because I legitimately fucking love video games and there's nowhere else to go.

Attached: 1515735303291.png (299x289, 41K)

And fuck niggers

The original infographic never said the hobby wont exist within a few years, just that'll it and its fanbase will be casualized to the point of being unrecognizable, which is true.

Nerds did not orbit, they were fully nested in many of these hobbies for decades and were judged for it. It was not cool to like these things, you literally needed something "wrong" with you socially/culturally to even be deeply interested in these hobbies, but nerds loved them nevertheless.

What I mean by orbit is like reluctantly watching trailers and an episode or two of Star Trek Discovery, fucking hating it and seeing what the franchise has become, then go back to watching TNG again for the 50th time because literally no one is doing the franchise justice.

wrong side of history white boi

>What I mean by orbit is like reluctantly watching trailers and an episode or two of Star Trek Discovery, fucking hating it and seeing what the franchise has become, then go back to watching TNG again for the 50th time because literally no one is doing the franchise justice.

Fans of TOS did exactly that with TNG.

this, the whole industry is fucking dead right, you barely get 3-4 actually good games per year, also i blame geek culture

Attached: 1565938729375.jpg (2048x2048, 523K)

>Nerds did not orbit, they were fully nested in many of these hobbies for decades and were judged for it.
Maybe in the 30s-60s but in the 80s and 90s it was cool, many comic book superheroes had shows and movies at this time and Pokemania was a thing while Sonic the Hedgehog had a balloon for the Macy's day parade with Superman and Spider-Man.

Nobody has actually given any answers, so I’ll throw some in.
>pokemon
>simulation/management games (shit like city builders or tycoon games)
>gears of war
>halo
>mmorpgs
>fire emblem (now aka waifu quest)
>league of legends

Forgot to put Thanksgiving right after Macy's

You mistake trends in an industry with the money hungry casualization process. Comics becoming grittier and darker in the 90s was a trend. Black Female Iron Man and the latest Block Buster MCU Film with associated Funko POP! line is the latter. The kicker is even with comic culture exploding, these new, despicable attempts at comics still sell poorly.
I'm assuming you're trying to insinuate that I dont read comics, but I really dont care what you think. Goodbye.

>Pokemon
Instant disagree pokemon was mainstream from the word fuckin go. Hell I think red and blue are STILL the best selling games.

When will somebody finally fix this fucking image by spelling degradation correctly?

You probably don't if you think comics were never popular or considered "cool" until now

Attached: ttu3blagcboxykqjexjh-1.jpg (798x450, 189K)

>pokemon

Attached: 1101991122_400.jpg (400x527, 57K)

Ok, you’re both right. I was leaning more towards appealing to women/making it a waifu collection/casualizing the gameplay.

If the "casualization process" were real, comics would have been casualized 50 years before you were born, and video games 10.

Unfortunately, this is just the same old "My generation good, your generation bad" argument every single person had made since the dawn of language. Socrates used to complain about how the invention of books "casualized" learning so you didn't have to memorize anything anymore.

TNG actually followed the principles of TOS and actually represented the series well, people were always free to have their own opinions on each individual thing in a hobby. Some DOOM players didnt like Duke Nukem 3D but they were both great, pivotal parts of the fps genre in the 90s. You seem to be conflating two completely different things here. I say "look at how awful this hobby has become" you say "but some people didnt like issue #2 of this line back in the day!"

based
poliwhirl flagshipping instead of gay ass pikachu

Monster Hunter. Three times, in fact; the process reached the end and then the new fans faced the same shit.

I would argue Zelda too, though in a more positive light since people like BOTW and nobody except me like Skyward Sword.

/thread

Why do you say that? Hobbies and cultures age differently and individually from eachother, there is no date. Comics went through many, many phases, especially if you include pulp magazines and graphic novels, but they were never mainstream. They went from kid shit to nerd shit and degenerate shit. Only in the late 00s were people like "DUDE, SPIDERMAN XD COMICS R COOL! NEVER READ ONE BUT LOOK, BATMAN XP"

>They went from kid shit to nerd shit and degenerate shit. Only in the late 00s were people like "DUDE, SPIDERMAN XD COMICS R COOL! NEVER READ ONE BUT LOOK, BATMAN XP"

And yet, somehow Batman was popular enough to get a TV show with 120 episodes 51 years ago.

Video games were mainstream around when Atari became huge.

You mean the one that was made for kids? Do you think even just half of the people watching Adam West's batman ever read a batman comic book?

>Only in the late 00s were people like "DUDE, SPIDERMAN XD COMICS R COOL!
Spiderman has been in the Thanksgiving Parade since 1987 user and he's one of the most recognizable characters in fiction to date thinking people all of a sudden just started to like him is fucking asinine especially with his 60s,70s,80s and 90s cartoons that were extremely popular for their time. It's like saying Star Trek was never popular even though at the time it was praised for having TV's first interracial kiss or that Star Wars was never Popular until now because YAAAAS QUEEEEN bullshit and ignoring the fact that the original movie made 775 million dollars with a 10 million dollar budget.

This is kinda unrelated, but did you know Adam West and Burt Renolds pulled SO much pussy from being batman and robin?
Seriously. Adam West and the actor who played the Riddler were even kicked out of an orgy once because they were fucking in-character.

This is literally the story of Yea Forums.

Yea Forums itself

>Adam West and Burt Renolds
And later, both of those actors played fictionalized versions of themselves as the mayors of fictional towns.

Coincidence?

The original movies had a lot of people go see it, but how many of those people were casually going to see the latest movie, and how many were people actually invested in the sci fi genre and became engulfed in star wars culture? Convenient you keep forgetting this. Spider man cartoons were big because practically any cartoon with bright colorful characters is popular amongst children. How many of those children read comics, or continued to actually keep up with spiderman after they reached adulthood/after the series ended?

>handsome popular man on TV gets pussy
Stop the presses. You could be wearing a green unitard for all women care as long as you're rich and famous

>practically any cartoon with bright colorful characters is popular amongst children
Tell that to the 1000 different series that never got more than a half a season.

are you this bitter that your secret special club has been invaded by normies for decades now? If you go talk about Spider-Man to someone, they're going to tell you a bunch of bullshit that was never in the comics because it was in one of the dozen movies or hundreds of episodes of a TV show made for the lowest common denominator. And now, most actual comic book fans are sick to death because a character they might have liked has been made into a spic, got his girlfriend removed from existence because it 'isn't the right demographic', and has been cloned a half-dozen times for stupid pointless drama.

It's exactly the dumb bullshit that's in OP's gay ass picture, the hobby was invaded by people who don't give a shit and the developers started pandering to them a long time ago. And now comic book IPs are being swallowed up entirely by their movie presence because it's easier for idiots to digest, and the comic books are languishing behind SJWs, shitty artists, and two-bit schemes to drum up support for whatever political party is popular.

>Burt Reynolds
You mean Burt Ward?

4channel

>its not your secret special club!
Didnt read the rest, fuck off.

Attached: 1565162522264.png (753x960, 29K)

>implying comic books have not been needlessly convoluted cluster fucks for decades

Whoops, yeah I did

How many times has DC "reset" the universe because it got too complicated? 3? 4?

Well, the Riddler did wear a green bodysuit but that's another story

>how many were people actually invested in the sci fi genre and became engulfed in star wars culture
Tons? Even the first prequel made over 1 billion dollars, how many sequels and prequels does this Series have? Quite a bit because people love the series. Star Wars was an instant cult classic talked about everywhere and Legos still profit off of the name alone acting like Star Wars didn't influence the Sci-Fi genre or that most of the people then watched it had no interest in the genre is fucking retarded. Also the late Spiderman cartoons were not bright and colorful at all they use a lot of dark colors for his most popular show and it also had Dark themes luke dealing with death, same for the X-men show that was extremely popular

Attached: spider-man-spider-wars-1151193-1280x0.jpg (1280x905, 105K)

everybody stopped giving a fuck about comic books after the death of superman scam

>got his girlfriend removed from existence because it 'isn't the right demographic',
so you mean they stopped reading extremely early into Spider-Man's run

Attached: Gwen-Death.png (980x1541, 2.27M)

Dude the xmen and spiderman shows were 100% targeted at kids, now theres adventure time and steven universe for the same age group.

X-men litterally wasn't targeted to 5-10 year olds and this one video can prove it
youtu.be/YVdKq3AkfJ8

no you stupid nigger. they undid his marriage, gave him kid, then took him away, then gave away his identity, then gave his character away to some new kid. theyve been gunning for peter parker for decades. from clones to multiverse theyve finally got rid of peter parker. The Heart of Marvel.

>implying
Your video proves nothing. The 90s were completely different. And it's more like the 8-14 tange.

Attached: IMG_20190818_014417.jpg (856x1471, 441K)

You know what word makes me ignore any post?

competitive online gaming

Attached: 1548867033392.gif (660x620, 1.37M)

fpbp, based and redpilled

Attached: 1535725620383.png (1050x458, 48K)

This needs to be updated with a final step where the original players are labeled as sexist and racist by the newcomers.

>adventure time and steven universe for the same age group
One just pushed toys, the other pushes agendas.

Adventure time pushed things a bit towards the end.

This.
>Was a fucking dork for a literal decade
>Liked all sorts of anime and vidya that no one gave a shit about
>Went to fucking barnes and nobels to look in the fucking manga section to find new shit all the time
>blockbuster rentals of shit like killer 7
>TechTV/G4TV
>Now normalfags know what an internet is circa 2006-2007 based on the cellphone and social media boom
>Now they all learn and slowly start to get onto the fads and media that I liked back then but for totally different reasons
>they are the majority now
>We all like the same shit but I'm the weirdo because I got there LITERALLY before it was cool

Being an OG is like being an alien, but cooler.

Attached: Viewtiful Joe.jpg (1024x768, 874K)

Scifi. Vidya and general. Look at stargate and then look at new star trek.

Attached: 1460127729750.jpg (448x597, 128K)

/thread

Attached: 2a5d98b9a832d0f10787f7415c62a54a372a9835433f992f2f433852833c22dd.jpg (612x1800, 348K)

What franchises has this NOT happened to? I'd say Fatal Frame is a pretty outstanding one, not to mention other fairly niche series like Deception, Umihara Kawase or Atelier.

Attached: hmmm...png (243x190, 4K)

Adventure Time pushed questionable agenda shit.

Sudaverse threads have been pretty comfy because no one aside from the fucking omegas really gave a shit about Suda51. Because no one caught on the only people left are the people who were there from the start:

Fucking outcast weirdos, but they are genuine people.

Attached: NMH travis.jpg (1000x870, 83K)

I'd argue the spiderman cartoon was targetted at teens rather than kids, some of the shit they did was pretty heavy.

Why can't some things just remain secret clubs?

Warframe

that's not allowed you racist, sexist, ableist, bigot. Secret clubs are canceled

Because members of the secret clubs keep talking about how cool the secret club is.

Yeah. It starts with
>Criminally underrated!
Followed by
>Too mainstream now.

Are you retarded? Pokémon from it’s inception was the most mainstream thing ever. More people played Red and Blue than B&W

So how come when Sseth introduces a flood of literally hundreds of thousands of underage reddit memers to a fanbase he's called BASED and Yea Forums suddenly fills up with chimps mocking all the original fans?

Uh...internet?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

that was his point, moron

Why do the original fans leave in the last panel? They never leave because they never have anything else in their lives other than the hobby. The last panel should be them spending every single day of the rest of their lives complaining online about their hobby being ruined but never actually leaving it or finding something new. I mean, look around. Yea Forums is full of people who have spent literal years saying the hobby is RUINED now. And yet here they are.

10 years ago was 2009. Obama was in office between 2008 to 2016. Any year within this era is the personification of OP's image because that was the era literally everything went mainstream and Internet. He was literally the first one who started using social media. There's no "end", it just keeps getting worse and worse. It will only end when EVERYONE, the boomer, millenial, AND zoomer generation die off. The age after zoomer is a complete and total reset with nothing of the first two ages recognizable anymore. Our entertainment is "dead" except for Japanese stuff, but it's not literally dead yet so long as people alive still remember the good times.

>Demanding evidence makes you a ketchup

Attached: 1514763032206.png (569x802, 794K)

Haha this idiot thinks comic books weren't always made to appeal to the lowest common denominator
Everybody laugh

And none of them can escape death.

n-no...! comics were never for children and manchildren... they were for the selected few, the ubermench, the geniuses like me!

Eve Online when Something Awful/Reddit joined.

Exactly what happened with kingdom come deliverance.

Could you delete this post please

>making more money from your game is bad
Retard
But keep obsessing over normalfags lmoa

>just rebuild everything that took more than a decade to build up XD
Fuck off, cattle.

I can't see what you're quoting in the post you're replying to

So I'm right? You have nothing else so you'll spend the rest of your days sitting in a RUINED hobby and complaining endlessly about it? Thanks for backing up my point.

And what exactly is wrong with dedicating yourself to a single thing? The fault lies not the one who is dedicated, but with the one who shows up to ruin it all.

Lol imagine thinking comics weren't popular in a bid to stay above "normies".
Comics influenced the manga you love today. All I'm seeing from this thread are bitter husks who centered their identity around a hobby and then act surprised when that makes them deranged lunatics.

Attached: n-no don't get into my hobby :((((.webm (422x750, 921K)

All you're doing is saying I'm right about the comic. You're agreeing with me while saying "fuck off" because you are a brainlet.

The comic shows the original fans leaving the hobby. But they don't do that in real life. They are losers who have nothing else in their lives so they just stay in the hobby and shit their diapers crying about it forever. You're the proof of this.

Comics were even more popular in the past. Today they don't sell well enough to be sustainable. The NES sold almost six million units and yet idiots here still like to live this deluded fantasy about gaming being something only they and a handful of other people liked until 2011 or so.

Because non retards stop carring what baseball cap bro and roastie bro have to think. Nigger if I want to play time crisis 2 and 3 on my ps2 with my GunCon2 then I will. What some faggot that became the majority thinks is irrelevant because I still enjoy it.

Attached: 20180215_015130.jpg (4032x2268, 1.84M)

This. The type of people who make games now are not the same type of people who made games during the golden age

Don't like it? Go make your own games.

Why can't you take the same advice you gave them? They actually did it.

Pretty much the whole industry, but Dwarf Fortress is a relatively clear example.
SJW infiltrators who were pretty much invited doing what SJW always do.
Youtube tourists who think of "autism" as a disability rather than a superpower playing the game to laugh at their own failures rather than git gud.
Sprite-based tilesets are the red flag - anyone who uses one clearly has no intention of learning glyphs, even though the glyphs are much less of a strain on your eyes when communicating the same amount of information.
Even on Yea Forums, you faggots actively defend non-autists playing Dwarf Fortress.

Attached: thatdude-df-aboveground-640x385.png (640x385, 272K)

Attached: 1557886583808.jpg (500x427, 95K)

>Games are no longer made to appear to any particular group, but to all of them.
All of them ... except GAMERS.
We are being driven out of our own territory that we helped to build. And what are we doing? Fighting back with weapons? No, we're trying to vote with our wallets, against an enemy whose #1 strength is money.
Switch tactics. Hit them where they're weak.

Yes brother

Attached: vivian_james_by_mr_jl31-d9725tz.jpg (752x1063, 181K)

>if you seriously think females take up niche hobbies to impress guys you are insane.
They don't take up hobbies to impress ALL the guys.
They take up hobbies to impress ONE guy that they like a lot

Cute
Girls are so based

FPBP
and it's so tiresome at this point. I just want all the social and political cancer to be gone and video games just going back to being video games again.

Attached: video games communities and why they suck these days.png (1920x1080, 982K)

I would say comics, but in reality it was an industry fake push since the sate 3 and 4 never happened.

Attached: professional review.png (1285x442, 366K)

Tf2

Check the image again and notice in what moment the female enters.

>in Vidya
>comics

retard

>he can't keptchup with these metaphors

the image need to address the emergence of whales in the scene since they also want to gain attention and infect the hobby

Attached: 1458796524281.jpg (849x882, 271K)

The female joined after the friend of the friend joined, i.e a normalfag/chad.

>games are art
>we need to revision them so they fit our modern narrative

Attached: 1562607621543.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

>people pushing games as art the hardest are also the most concerned with censoring them
how does this shit happen

Sadly, this.

Attached: 246403689.png (1022x731, 643K)

Well no shit, females have life on easy mode. They win by default without trying.

This. I miss when video games weren’t tainted by weebs

How are weebs responsible for western games plummotting in quality?

fuck you

Common tactic of "when it benefits me, I can make art games pushing my agenda".

On top of that, it's less about the art and more about trying to justify their hobby by pushing the most inoffensive shit possible because they think it will only be taken seriously if it doesn't violate the social norms of liberal extremists. The irony is, of course, palpable.

STFU you don't know what you're talking about. SJWs are the ones pushing for autism as the super power instead of the disability it actually is. To them it's just another identity to earn pity points on instead of getting medical and psychological help to deal with an erroneous mind.
Further, graphic tilesets are superior to default in DF. You're just a contrairian barking back whatever you've heard on reddit. You're obviously the tourist here.

Like, the entirety of the game industry is this.
Imagine if 10 years ago you played Pokemon in public. You would be ridiculed.
Nowadays everybody and their dog plays Pokemon, albeit in a form that's infantile even by that series' standars.
Video games used to belong to a particular niche of people, but ever since they became more and more profitable, it was inevitable that games would never again cater to their original fanbase.
Forget it, Jake. It's not our hobby anymore.

Don't worry, games journalism is based now

Attached: 144245435292.jpg (1003x554, 377K)

I'm using a tile set.
I hate the preset color choices.

Because Yea Forums has been flooded by the same people that ruin [hobby] in the OP pic.

Based. But unironically so.

The opinion of video games here and the hobby being casualized is all bullshit. The members of this board lack the courage of their convictions and keep buying and playing the very games they expound to hate.
This board is primarily filled with a bunch of try-hards desperately wanting to fit in with the "cool kids". Fucking hipster mentality across the whole board. Trying to desperately love some obscure bullshit while only "ironically" gobbling up that mainstream stuff they hate so much.
>But I pirated it!
Yeah but you still played it. Giving it the more valuable resource, your time.

Simple rule to follow, if the thread for the game doesn't have anyone bitching about it then it's probably a shit game.

Wrong thread for this copy pasta?

Persona.

Attached: 1565779686812.png (2404x1780, 2.85M)

How do I beat 99% of the world's population with a night stick?

Not copy pasta.
This board has been saying the same tired shit since it started and all that ever changes is console generations and which new game is the one that proves that X series is dead or Y audience is casual.
Still waiting for that game industry crash that's promised every year.
Still waiting for threads about games that are casual kiddy trash to go away and yet they're as prolific as ever. Funny how anons know so many intricate details about the games they definitely don't play or would never be interested in.

It worked on the niggers and middle eastern women. Maybe it can be scaled with the right group of forward thinkers?

do it the same way riot po-po deal with them.
take out the top and the rest will flee.

Yeah but it already backfired for the current year pretty bad with them now being integrated into our society so...

Womens suffrage and 3/5ths were too much, am I right?

Give em an inch..

I would say that there are a lot of people who like the idea that they are gamers or part of a videogame community more than they actually like any videogames.
It's not that they dont enjoy videogames, but they enjoy the identity that playing games gives them more.

Attached: downloadfile.png (370x314, 31K)

Yep. 2007 was when it started getting really bad.

DnD

It's now synonymous with Tumblr and even it's offshoots (Pathfinder) are going down with the ship.

Attached: 5yJhfREr_400x400.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Attached: 6aidj5q8eds11.png (633x758, 34K)

It's something more than just "chads" and women.
Who keeps buying the same game but with a different cover, who bought unfinished games, who bought games filled with microtransactions and loot box?
They are the ones to blame

Dnd is fucking HEINOUS these days. Holy shit, i couldn't agree more with your post.
>normie friends make a campaign
"Oh it'll be fun!!"
>DM tries homebrew shit
>Backfires
>dumps our characters into ravenholm
>All the NPCS sound identical, constant distractions
>Things that take 10 minutes take 65 for literally 0 reason
>Half the party is munchkinning
>Nobody is roleplaying
>One guy, this one effeminate faggot, constantly goes off about fucking slurs, wont let us call gypsies gypsies
It's hell. I swear i must have wished on a monkeys paw when i wanted to play more DND.

Attached: 1540523221022.jpg (346x331, 22K)

The effeminate faggot can't distinguish reality from a game because he's already role playing his whole life anyway.
That's why nothing is a choice for his kind. They are already a character.

Video games are shit now, and that’s good, because they’re a waste of time.
You should embrace video games being garbage now and go do more productive things instead. Get a real job, start a family.

Textbook example of FPBP

fuck off to /biz/

Attached: 1558100115995.webm (800x800, 2.49M)

>haven't played fifth editon in about a year
>go to a AL game so i don't have to deal with homebrew crap or people basically cheating
>one ranger is using unearted arcana
>DM seems fine so I just ignore it
>hes constantly dismembering corpses to feed his pet wolf and himself because hes a goblin (i dont know)
>near the end of the session he tames a boar
>this is after a big fight where I'm the only melee and hurt
>uses goodberry to feed this boar all 10
>fuck that noise, I take a couple
>sicks his wolf on me and says "It's not me, it's the wolf protecting my stuff"
>ask the DM if shes going to allow it then proceed to fuck his wolf into the ground with a polearm/ sentinel/ polearm master bubbear figher
>he spergs out and leaves

DM is going to retroactive all of it, but this is the rason I stopped playing.

MMOs are a pretty good example. Casual players slowly infected the entire genre until every MMO was being made purely for casuals and none of the people who really loved MMOs for what they were originally meant to be were left.
The signs of this are all obvious.
F2P economic models with cash shops to support casual players who wouldn't spend actual money to play the game for like 2 weeks-a month
The erasure of social mechanics and addition of 'convenience' features that make the MMO a solo experience to make the MMOs more "accessible" to faggots who have no intention of actually putting any real time into the game
EXP boosts and everything being focused around the end game because casuals have literally zero attention span and just want to 'finish' the game (despite the fact that finishing the game was never meant to be what MMOs were about, since they were originally intended to be about exploring and socializing in a fun fantastical world, which is why a lot of old MMOs didn't even have final bosses or dedicated end games)

MMOs were completely and utterly DESTROYED by this type of thing to such an extent that most people don't even remember what MMOs were originally like and how they were designed, they just remember fucking WoW and it's stupid themepark bullshit.

*ahem*
Dwarf Fortress

Yep. I can't believe there's people who think Human Revolution isn't hot garbage for the lowest common denominator.

holy cow
seriously some people man, why is DnD so big right now?

You don't know? They announced a Steam release. It'll happen to DF as well, just you wait.

Not him but well put.

Hey zoomers, there were ALWAYS a lot of shitty players in D&D.
This idiot went to an AL game, and the only people who go to those are people so shit they don't have a steady group.

fpbp

HOLY BASED

This image is honestly pathetic. You're complaining about casualization at its core but you just have to throw in straight edge and sexist barbs to feel superior to other people.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 10.30.19 AM.png (528x80, 15K)

FPBP, knocked it out of the park.

Attached: 1562649684425.png (536x600, 48K)

Shut the fuck up you brain dead cocksucker. The image is accurate beyond all belief and women are a blight on hobbies.

Sexist nerds deserve bullying

>bullying

Attached: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).sfw.png (1920x813, 22K)

The brits did it once, massive technological advantage works.

>tfw my little sister asked me yesterday which edition of D&D she should play
>She's literally a party animal and seems like the last person to ever want to do shit like tabletop roleplaying
>Ask her why she wants to play D&D
>Says she saw it on Stranger Things with her friends and now her and her friends want to try it
>Knows I've played it for over two decades and only now does she have any interest in it

It's truly a strange world we live in

Attached: 1445498436947.jpg (544x626, 98K)

I think people are burning out on the party culture in general.

You have to understand that their tabletop roleplaying games will not work like an autists tabletop roleplaying game. You should post the results sometime, I'm interested to see what a bunch of normalfags come up with for a DnD campaign.

It hasn't happened yet but yeah, I'm interested as well. I have a feeling that they're going to just play it like a glorified boardgame and never really do any of the roleplaying stuff.

They'll likely do some of the canned campaigns and look up stuff online to emulate. Characters will be quirky and fun like a marvel movie.
And they will have a great fun time playing it while you sit here mad.

More like women and Chads destroy everything with soul.

>And they will have a great fun time playing it while you sit here mad.
I'm not mad at all though, I already gave her a bunch of dice and minis to use. Honestly I'm happy my sister has even the slightest of interest in something that isn't drinking herself into a coma.

I'm sorry, I forgot that back in 2004 every other game was an online service full of lootboxes, microtransactions, dlc, p2w mechanics that were balanced around the most casual players.

Scp

All those things were still considered "childish", you would have been a social pariah as a 30 year old man saying you played pokemon and read comic books. A parade is for children after all, as are saturday morning cartoons.

Was he crying about how busted sentinel is by the end?

>You should post the results sometime
HERE
WE
GO
They try to emulate their favorite e-celebs and like to post lol so wacky shit that anyone with a sane mind wouldn't do or the DM would veto cause it would just destroy the game. They would play it like how a 12 year old would play a Bethesda game, in particular Skyrim. They get distracted easily with bullshit that has nothing to do with the main plot, which is ok sometimes but it keeps happening slowing down the game. Not all but some people's characters just end up being a pure parody being so obsessive with this one trait or goal to even fucking over the party long term cause "It's what my character would do". Hell sometimes they just want to copy what ever popular character and play that like batman or the flavor of the month anime.

Often times they don't read up what a certain race should be like, like somebody playing a bugbear princess or playing some chaotic stupid dwarf. That said a lot of people are chaotic stupid, doing whatever to get into the spotlight. They don't seem to care if their characters die cause they are so one note, even if they kill another character they show no remorse. First time playing yes, I did and allowed some stupid crap but those were one shots and I quickly grew out of it after my third game. I played with these people for over a year and they did not show any kind of improvement what so ever.

Oh and they like to only play magic casters or monks and think that successful speech checks mean mind control, nat 20's on strength allows you to lift a house at level 4 and have no understanding of respect of the game as they constantly steal from each other, do PvP over stupidity and never follow any plot hooks unless railroaded. It's worse when the DM plays favorites with these morons and you are punished for playing normally and then punished again when you try to act stupid like the rest of the group so the DM's pet never learned to not act like that.

Attached: 1465693310587.gif (279x350, 2.31M)

I've found that while Chads can be a pain to deal with in social situations they generally don't make any lasting troubles. It's the SJW, incels, raging betas and the likes that cause problems. Women are more of an accessory to the problems they cause. Like yeah thots and roasties might be causing shit but it's nearly always enabled by the aforementioned guys.

Fire Emblem.

Attached: 1446603469000.png (240x220, 9K)

I have this one guy in my current group who is a real bitch.
He's a massive loot whore and munchkin, so much so that he actively argues over all loot, especially armour. He does this to such an extent that other characters might have no armour at all while his character has full armour of whatever the best armour we've found was. Even then he'll constantly redirect everything towards trying to find more loot, better weapons, power boosts and armour for his character.
Even worse is that he constantly argues and bitches whenever someone else tries to take a piece of loot he wants, even if they need it way fucking more than he does. He just argues and argues and argues until the others just can't be bothered arguing with him anymore. Then on top of all of this bullshit, he argues with the GM CONSTANTLY every single time a character shows up in the story that he perceives as being stronger or as strong as his, this includes the characters of other players.

I like the guy, we're friends, but holy fucking shit when we play tabletop RPGs he is a frustrating piece of shit to play with. Especially for the GM who has to constantly argue with him about why his character isn't literally the best and most powerful character in the entire setting.