Be honest: Would you consider any of these games a 10/10?

Be honest: Would you consider any of these games a 10/10?

Attached: 86C95AE2-A034-43F0-A52E-3757D2C4721A.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kAw_-rbZsEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's no such thing as a perfect game.

no

GTA 4: Yes, because it's the best GTA
Any Mario game: No. Fuck no.
Witcher 3: Yes
Divinity OS 2: Yes
MGS 5: No
MGS 4: No
Uncharted: No
OoT: No
Bayonetta: No

super mario odyssey
super mario galaxy 2
ocarina of time

Mario Odyssey and Original Sin 2

Nintendie.

TW3
Divinity OS2
OOT

Also:

BotW: Yes

>unironically giving tw3 a 10/10 with how garbage its combat is
yikes

If you think dos2 is a 10/10 you're crazy. It's solid, but I've had better written and more interactive tabletop-esque rpg experiences in a backalley comic book shop.

based underage

Just Ocarina of Time. The rest... Nah, no way.

No shit tabletop is more freeform moron, you don't have to develop a million assets to support the actual game.

Objectively speaking
> GTA 4
4/10
> MGS5
4/10
> Uncharted 4
5/10
> Chrono Cross
9/10
> Divinity OS2
6/10
> Pro Skater 3
6/10
> Breath of the Wild
6/10
> Journey
8/10
> The Witcher 3
4/10
> Bayonetta 2
7/10
> Ocarina of Time
10/10
> SoulCalibur (1999)
10/10
> Metal Gear Solid 4
3/10
> Super Mario Galaxy 2
8/10
> Super Mario Odyssey
6/10

GTA4 is not a 10/10 GTA game, but it is a 10/10 game.

I can't fucking believe MGSV got a 10. It's a legitimate 6/10, and that's only for its nice production values

Having a hate boner for everything Nintendo is just as bad as Ninten-drones, you just come off like an 8th grade atheist who despises all things Nintendo for being Nintendo, and anyone who likes Nintendo must be an immature child far beneath you.

Bump Journey down
Bump Chrono Cross way the fuck down

Increase Uncharged 4

This is otherwise roughly agreeable.

See:

I just consider Mario games massively overrated in general.

Bloodborne
Zelda BOTW and Ocarina
FF7
Chrono Cross
Soul Calibur
Cod4
Halo
SMB3

The only 10/10 games ever made for the time of their release

>no Witcher 3
>no Mario
shit taste
>GTA 4
now THIS is shitposting!

The /10 rating system is a crock of shit. Awful games get a 5, great games get a 9. Total garbage system that games """"""journalists""""" misuse.

Only series I genuinely consider 10/10 is the Umihara Kawase series up to Fresh. Fresh is flawed but still fun, other games are perfect though in their own ways.

Is that Baiten Kaitos below BotW Link?
And, no. Breath of the Wild is the greatest of those games but is too flawed to give a 10.
IMO the only 10s in existence are
>Tetris
>Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros 3. and Mario64
>Missile Command
>Rondo of Blood
>Tactics Ogre
>Super Metroid and Metroid Prime
>Patapon
>Homeworld
>Deus Ex
>Ecco the Dolphin
>Mount & Blade Warband
>Legend of Zelda and Link's Awakening
>F-Zero and F-Zero X
>Out Run
>Half-Life
>Thief and Thief II
>Street Fighter II
>Starcraft
>Lumines
>Donkey Kong and Tropical Freeze
>Worms Armageddon
>Sins of a Solar Empire
>Duke Nukem 3D
>Marble Madness
>SimCity 2000
>Alpha Centauri
>Melee
>La-Mulana
>Cavestory
>Gunpoint
>Gradius Gaiden
>FEAR
>DEFCON
>Dark Souls
>Bloodborne
>Geometry Wars 2
>Portal

I agree. I also thing that the 10 rating system has too much of a tie between the school grading system. I don't know about you anons, but getting a C was always considered bad, even though a C is "average". I have always been a fan of the 5 point system. 3-5 means its worth playing, 1-2 means you should skip. No extra half points or 1/10th points.

There is no such thing as an actual 10/10 game. Every game has its flaws.

Sure, doesn’t mean they’re perfect games though (). Many are masterpieces, though some didn’t age well

>Metal Gear Solid 4 lower than V
What the fuck? Double 4's score (at least, maybe add a point on top of that), keep V as is, and this is a pretty decent ranking for the most part

>saying OOT isnt a 10/10 means you have a gate boner for Nintendo

>Divinity OS 2
Yes, definitely.

>Mario Bros 3
>Not Mario World
>Link's Awakening
That's some shit taste you got there

Not really
Mario Odyssey, BotW, Witcher 3, and THPS2 are some of my favorite games of all time but I wouldn't call any of them 10/10s
IGN also gave Skyward Sword a 10/10 so remember that their standards are really fucking low
The only 10/10 game in existence I would say is Tetris but I know that's such a cop-out answer these days

Attached: 1539167274996.png (216x249, 93K)

Surprised you'd even call him out for that. Sounds like your average Sonyfag on Yea Forums

Witcher 3 was shit

Of all the ones listed on this picture I'd consider BotW and DOS2 10/10 games.

only Ocarina and GTA4

Ocarina yes, Mario Odyssey and Galaxy maybe. Te rest far from it.

>GTA 4: Yes
>Witcher 3: Yes
>Divinity OS 2: Yes
God, what a tragedy that this is the third post.

Attached: 099089.png (1024x658, 375K)

How much of a soi boy do you have to be to actually think any 3d mario game was good?

Literally only OoT but I probably stick a bit out from the zoomers here.

Attached: e for everyone.jpg (2500x2972, 2.53M)

Mario Odyssey and Pokémon BW2

Attached: IMG_20190816_202936.jpg (1200x358, 78K)

Mario 64 & Galaxy 1 were masterpieces

64 is great, Sunshine and Odyssey were okay, Galaxy and 3D Land/World were absolute shit

COD4 was as great as a game could be while being a COD game. But, it is still a COD game.
>regen health
>corridors
>2 weapons
>movement speed too low
>ai companions
>too many scripted sequences
Halo was good but see above.
FF7 isn't a game.
Chrono Cross see above.
*I missed Tony Hawk PrSk4 in OP. I'd be willing to give it a 10/10.

>Names the worst Pokemon generationand calls it 10/10

The 10 rating system just follows along with American (and beyond) school ratings. The public naturally views 5/10 as awful, as it equates an F. Similarly, 7/10 is average, C grade. Your autism about it cannot change this fact, and it really doesn’t matter that it’s set up this way since the public understands it

I just started OoT on the 3DS, I'm at the forest temple right now, can someone tell me why people still think it's a 10/10?

Literally only Ocarina of Time, followed by BotW.

I'm high test, 215 lbs, 6'3", lift since I was 12 and have an IQ of 140

Attached: 7976.jpg (639x850, 102K)

Because they aren't zoomers and compare it to other games of that era as you should.

Only U R Mr Gay

A 10/10 means that a game is perfect. Nothing will ever be perfect. The highest score a game should ever be allowed to get is a 9/10.

This is some next level autism

>Bloodborne
>FF7
>Soul calibur
>CoD

Subhuman opinion.

Attached: tail cut.webm (822x432, 966K)

but they knew how to make good video games before 1998

he cute

Galaxy 2 was a perfect 10/10. Odyssey was good but I don't consider it perfect. It also didn't have playable Luigi which is bullshit. I don't care if it's not called Mario Bros, you give me 3d platforming Luigi action god dammit. Chrono Cross is a piece of shit and hopefully if SE ever decides to revist Chrono Trigger they just make a straight up sequel instead of making reference to CC.

Galaxy 2 is so fucking bad holy shit.
The duality of man, I guess.

Just because a game has minor flaws doesn't mean it's not perfect. To dispute this is to show a lack of understanding of what perfection actually is. You'll rush to get the definition and make that fallacious argument, like an NPC would, but that just sinks you deeper.

Only OoT maybe, but not even, it's rushed sequel was more innovative and fun to go back to, i'd call OoT a 8/10.

Also they have shit fucking taste in Metal Gear Solid games.

Mario Galaxy 2 was largely less interesting and fun than the first game, which would be 10/10 if not for the waggles, pushing the first one to 7/10 and 2 to 4/10

the rest are incredibly forgettable.

Attached: 1565794565270.jpg (1600x1068, 489K)

Play some King's Field 1 or Tomb Raider or something, if you still can't see why OoT is considered ahead of its time, you're deranged.

Attached: Bloodborne.jpg (580x724, 73K)

but oot came out after those games...

This but with BOTW

>but not even, it's rushed sequel was more innovative and fun to go back to,
Oof, back to NeoGAF or Reddit, please. MM is a bad joke compared to OoT and only hipsters like it because it's so le deep when it objectively has worse level and quest design.

That is in fact not what 10/10 means.
If it is a 10 point scale, it should mean that it is in the top 10 percentile.

maybe gta and tony hawk

He says it while posting the worst monster hunter.

>turdborne
This isn't your Trannystation hugbox

Attached: so that happened.webm (853x480, 2.38M)

That's the point he's making, you are retarded. You really think innovation is the same as invention, don't you? Might as well say Mario 64 isn't innovative because Alpha Waves exists

>drops fps

Witcher 3 10 with such shit combat, stopped reading there. Also
>Gta 4
Yes the game was ahead of it's time it introduced a leghty campaign with a badass protagonist, open world multiplayer and lot of crazy stuff like a realistic traffic and lots of activities, the driving was touche too.
>Mgs v
Absolutely not, gameplay was great but the whole story with retarded skullface plot and venom was beyond salvation. All the smartphone transactions for weapons were abhorrent.
>Chrono cross
Yeah, somehow surpassed it's predecessor making a story about fate and time, with a S tier ost and actually fun gameplay that wasn't only for nerds and everyone could enjoy.
>Unchated 4
No. Too damn cinematic, gunplay was made right but all plattaforming sections were boring as fuck, Sam was a big boring failure and it has no replayability at all.
>Botw
No, again somehow they managed to quit all the charm from previous games, have horrible dungeons, lack of bosses and the storyline is just the same shit as every Zelda game. Also looks like shit by the time it released
>Mario games
No they're fun but just that
>Witcher
Don't make me start with that boring imprecise combat, B level cutscenes, auto driving horse, Ciri is muh good everyone that opose her muh evil.
>Mgs 4
Yeah, it is the one of the biggest fan services in vidya story but had a decent plot, great replayability, fun bosses, ton of weapons and solid snake as a protagonist. Akiba scenes were too fucking stupid and the game could have been better without him, still a solid game.
>Bayonetta 2
No, great gameplay and scenarios but everything else is mediocre, the protagonist, the secondary characters, plot, leght etc.
>Lot
Yes, by the time it had great graphics a charming aura, legendary ost, varied scenarios, good leght, great puzzles, great bosses and a decent plot. It wasn't the most innovative game but it implemented really well 1st and 3rd view, precise gameplay and a semi open world.

Say hello to what is, somehow, the undisputed greatest game of all time.

Attached: Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_3_Coverart.jpg (256x328, 22K)

You can compare OoT even to KF on PS2 and OoT will look miles better, lol, just how it unironically has better controls and camera and a target system than Kingdom hearts 1.

Only bayonetta and gta 4, the rest is irredeemable garbage.

Whos the lil redhead girl?

chrono cross is definitely a 10 for me. only played odyssey, oot, botw and gta4 out of the rest of those. botw did nothing for me, wasnt bad but dont like the bland open world. oot was about an 8 for me, but i dont have any nostalgia tying in since i owned a ps1 back then. gta4 was just something i played with friends, dont remember much other than it passed the time

Sounds like you didn't play it

Also
>Oof
Sure is a sign where you come from, it's always the accusers.

That's Mario dude

I can honestly say, the only one of these I've played was Ocarina and I barely even played it let alone beat it. I was too busy playing Spyro and (old) Pokemon and Budokai and Brawl to play that stupid crap. Cabella's Dangerous Hunts mothefucker blows those games in the OP out of the fucking water.

kid from chrono cross

for me, rating a game numerically seems stupid and arbitrary

it's not like you can get everything objectively correct like on a fucking test

so, the only time i could say a game is 10/10 is if it's my absolute favorite game on earth, and i haven't run into that game yet

lotta 7s and 8s in there, though

But it's not fun...

I would consider all the ones pre-November 2007 to be 10/10.
Except Chrono Cross, stupid fucking freelancer.

Attached: 1177590-gerstmanngate.jpg (600x853, 43K)

Accidentally clicked that webm.

youtube.com/watch?v=kAw_-rbZsEs

Have some old OC though.

>Sounds like you didn't play it
Oh don't worry, I did. Was constantly shaking my head during that last dungeon when the game wanted me to play the same ocarina song like five times for that braindead, time wasting duplication puzzle with unskippcable sequences.
Or that mini game you can get 100 rupees from literally every single time and all you have to do is press a button to shoot 4 jars lol

Such an overrated stinker

Ocarina, I don't care about "muh contrarion opinion" it's an objective 10/10.
Deal with it Yea Forums

My 10/10 list would be

Dead Rising OTR
Red Dead Redemption 1
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Xenoblade 1
The Saboteur
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Majora's Mask
Metal Gear Solid 3
Halo CE
Mario Galaxy 1
And SSB Brawl

Attached: 45747627_p11.jpg (700x544, 69K)

Nope, not even the ones I like, although there's a few there I haven't played that might be for all I know. Bayo 2 being a 10/10 but not the original in particular is kind of fucked but not shocking; Bayo 2 has a MUCH better first impression than Bayo 1 despite having a much worse amount of replay value due to its mechanics being fucked, so of course it reviews better when journalists only have time to play each game they review once. Bayo 2 on Normal your first time through is legitimately the best way to play it.

10/10 doesn't mean perfect in the context of a review. There's no point in having 10 on the scale if nothing can reach it. I consider my favorite game a 10/10 but I could name 5 or 6 minor flaws it has.

So you didn't play it, good to know.

Decent list ngl. Not sure about Brawl when 4 and Ultimate exist though

What a fucking pleb opinion, you must came from gamefaqs or should I say gamefags, where in every discussion from rate a game or x vs y game a fag comes in and tell everyone:
>It's stupid to compare x to y game because THEYRE SO DIFFERENT!! i mean stop hating guys and enjoy the game
Or
>I think rating a game is just biased guys everyone enjoy games at their manner so my 5 could mean a 10 to you, just enjoy the game
Don't ever post here you faggotron

>SSB Brawl
my fucking dude

in that image, divinity, oot, gta4, are all acceptable to me
no way for mgs4 or 5 or bayonetta
maybe for chrono cross, botw and odyssey
personally dont like the witcher series and im not sure what the guy on the far right is from, sorry bruv

Why does everyone have a hard on for OOT? It's not even the best Zelda game. 7/10 at best.

What in my post makes you believe that? Can you point to it?

>he likes splashy hitboxes, flying away at a fixed distance based on damage instead of building momentum, nerfed evasion (wouldn't wanna piss off combo babbys and actually have a good battle)
Brawl is God tier and far and away the best Smash, objectively.

I will have to wash my eyes with Clorox now that I saw that someone has such shit taste that rate a smash Bros 10/10

I liked Brawl more because aside from the cast being pretty much perfect for me it had the best music library and extra content, the story mode, the trophy gallery, custom maps being simple and easy, and what have you, it felt genuinely fun all around.

But the main appeal of smash is the characters i guess so i can see why someone would like Ultimate and Four more.

Fuck off, faggot. What do you like, Uncharted and some shitty FPS's? Blow me lmao.

Brawl was good

Wow, never in my life have I seen such shot taste. Kudos

Galaxy would be the closest

absolutely not. oot you can make an argument for, but there are so many better titles than the rest on that picture including from their own franchises as well as a very clear bias toward newer games.

why do journalists have such a bad taste in vidya?
>thief
you're okay in my book

Attached: gamespot_top_10.png (928x266, 23K)

ArmA 3 is the GOAT

None of those games are 10s.

Maybe Galaxy 2 on its own merits, but aside from OoT in a contextual sense there are no comfortable 10 candidates there.

where are these scores from?

from gamespot

>he likes tripping, entire games being determined on whether someone pics Meta Knight or Ice Climbers, ugly as sin textures, and multiple characters that are just able to glide back onto the stage and are able to lock you into infinite combos

GameSpot, their editors also agreed that Link's Awakening, Final Fantasy VI & EarthBound were 10/10s despite not reviewing them due to their age

>witcher 3
do you fucks only play videogames for atmosphere? the combat gameplay is godawful

>flying away at a fixed distance based on damage instead of building momentum
what isnt that how the games work? am i being memed right now

Based contrarian

Mario galaxy is the only game here I'd consider a 10.

It's how Smash 5 works, anyway.

>he's too stupid to use trip tech
no wonder you didn't like Brawl, it's unironically the highest IQ smash

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is my favorite and most highest rated game at a 9. If they had a hand-to-hand vocation, and left in the couple of things left on the cutting room floor (like the moon), it might be 10/10.

All of those games are extremely flawed. I would put Galaxy and D:OS2 higher on the list but even that is a stretch as they both are very flawed as well. None of them are particularly bad, either, it’s just that praising a game, calling it “essential” and slapping a number on it says nothing about the game truly is. It just goes to show how untrustworthy these “gaming journalism” sites are.

Imagine being this contrarian & underaged, SoulCalibur & Ocarina of Time were literally flawless when they came out and absolutely destroyed anything else on the market. SoulCalibur was so good that it killed the arcade industry because it was the first arcade port to be substantially better on consoles

You mad soi? I like real fighting games like 3rd strike and tekken tag, no soi kiddy pleb games, get real and stfu with that shit taste

> Soi, Kiddy, Pleb, "Shit Taste"
Every single time the person who uses these is a massive contrarian faggot who cries that "Popular bad" "Niche automatically good". Your opinions will never be relevant

>You mad soi? I like real fighting games like 3rd strike
Never-ending song of a poser faggot

Of the ones I've played:

I've played:
>Mario Odyssey
>Breath of the Wild
>GTA IV
>OoT

To me a 10/10 game isn't necessarily perfect, but it was so much better than its competition (contemporaries in the same genre) that it raises the bar for some genre. Of the ones above the only ones I'd say deserve a 10/10 would be:

GTA IV for its incredible story and ambitious gameplay. It raised the bar for open-world games and narrative in games.

OoT for being so innovative and influential on a technical level. Pretty much every third person action game with lock-on mechanics owes something to this game. The story is simple but very well-presented -- like any good fairy tale. However, in my opinion MM's has aged better and is a better work of art.

Only oot

yeah nah i'm not saying any of that, though
i'm saying mario doesn't make me fucking cum, idiot, so it doesn't get a 10, it gets a fucking 7

it's objectively polished and iconic and shit, so that bumps it above a 5, but i don't fucking BLAST my NUT

eat my fucking shit forever you absolute contrarian dipshit faggot with your TINY FUCKING COCK I CAN SMELL YOUR UNWASHED ASSHOLE FROM HERE YOU FAT FUCK

Journey? fuck no, that wlaking sim was trash
Uncharted is scripted cancer
BotW is a 7 at best
Galaxy 2 is the wors galaxy game and is maybe a 7 on a good day
MGS4 is a travesty
OoT is a 9/10

chrono cross is a 10

>tekken
Embarassing.

BotW is leagues above OoT so that's nostalgia talking, not objectivity.

Based retard

>Chrono Cross
>A 10
Even I like the game and I still don't think it's a 10.

And Chrono Trigger isn't a 10 either. It's better than Cross, sure, but it's not a 10.

Attached: 345873460-9457.png (521x400, 358K)

OoT is leagues above BotW so that's recency bias talking, not objectivity.

Mario and Zelda, of course. BotW outclassed EVERY other open world game out there and showed how it's done. SMO was ridiculously fun and one of the greatest games I've ever played

A perfect 10 game is really hard to define for me, I don't really see the point, I just sorta enjoy the games.
But if I had to rate them it'd be something that achieved everything it set out to do, and presents itself in a way that i really enjoy, I'd love to say metroid prime or some sort of zelda, I love those games, but there's so much to them that I can't really judge it all in one go.
I'll go with Need for speed hot pursuit, and Journey, they achieve what they set out to do, NFS:HP is just pure speedy action, and Journey is like poetry and makes me feel a certain sort of way, and I played it at just the right point in my life.
Perfect 10's depend on person to person, It's so subjective.

Attached: __hyur_final_fantasy_xiv_and_etc_drawn_by_tomoyuki_kotani__27390401f3e650ec89a167b55b68cb6e.jpg (600x695, 53K)

10? Hard to say.
But out of those I'd accept Soul Calibur, MGS4, GTA4, and Mario Galaxy I suppose.

All games have flaws. Good games overpower their flaws, bad games amplify them. A 10/10 would probably be so good that you even consider the flaws essential to the experience.

> Pro Skater 3
>6/10
im about to start making death threats

Attached: 1503439798843.jpg (389x411, 21K)

I can agree with that.

Attached: D1b7yjqUwAEo2Rn.jpg large.jpg (1618x1824, 312K)

Mario galaxy and gta 4, yes.
The rest, fuck no.

odyssey and oot sure
gay 2 and botw would be an 8 or a 9

>oot 10/10
You're retarded.