After the failed development of Silent Hill 2013 and Silent Hills, Konami are outsourcing the next Silent Hill...

After the failed development of Silent Hill 2013 and Silent Hills, Konami are outsourcing the next Silent Hill. The identity of the studio is unknown. The release timeframe is unknown.

However, Konami fired a NEW trademark for Silent Hill in Canada a month ago. Back in 2014, Konami surprise revealed PT. It's not completely impossible they're planning on surprise revealing the next Silent Hill at Gamescom 2019.

Attached: CLIMAX_SILENT_HILL.jpg (580x350, 60K)

hahahahahahaha this is konami we're talking about. remember what their last reveal was?

Attached: screenshot-2019-06-12-at-07-02-47.original.jpg (1109x624, 139K)

Wasn't the new Contra revealed the exact same day? Why are you so assmad about a classic console? It's going to sell gangbusters, and Konami have taken extra care to ensure the emulation is accurate, unlike Sony.

there's only one man for this job

Attached: david lynch.jpg (600x800, 76K)

I bet you're one of those people who never plays anything older than the PS2, your first console.

English:
Air Zonk
Alien Crush
Blazing Lazers
Bomberman ‘93
Bonk’s Revenge
Cadash
Chew-Man-Fu
Dungeon Explorer
J.J. & Jeff
Lords Of Thunder
Military Madness
Moto Roader
Neutopia
Neutopia II
New Adventure Island
Ninja Spirit
Parasol Stars
Power Golf
Psychosis
R-Type
Soldier Blade
Space Harrier
Splatterhouse
Victory Run
Ys Book I&II

Japanese:
Akumajō Dracula X Chi No Rondo
Aldynes
Appare! Gateball
Bomberman ’94
Bomberman Panic Bomber
Chō Aniki
Daimakaimura
Dragon Spirit
Dungeon Explorer
Fantasy Zone
Galaga ’88
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
Gradius
Gradius II – Gofer No Yabō –
Jaseiken Necromancer
Nectaris
Neutopia
Neutopia II
Ninja Ryūkenden
PC Genjin
Salamander
Seirei Senshi Spriggan
Snatcher
Spriggan Mark 2
Star Parodier
Super Darius
Super Momotarō Dentetsu II
Super Star Soldier
The Genji and the Heike Clans
The Kung Fu
The Legend of Valkyrie
Ys I・II

How the hell do you fail to develop a walking simulator?

PT and Silent Hills were completely unrelated so it's unwise to assume SH was going to be a walking simulator-style game. The problem is that Kojima never really had any intention of making Silent Hills. He used the game to recruit famous celebrities for Death Stranding, and left Konami (and the PT team who were supposed to make Silent Hills) in the lurch.

I imagine Kojima was the "Mr. Chow" from Konami always getting fucked up and trying to bang the new interns.

Developer turnover & talent exodus in the AAA space is a terrible thing. By 2013, there were only about 5 Silent Hill developers still working at Climax. This is why trusting in developer names is pointless.

He's more like John Romero.

I'm not sure I'd go that far quite yet. I'm still curious to see how Death Stranding ends up, it wont live up to any hype but it at least looks unique and hopefully functional. Kojima is probably similar to George Lucas in that he has a risk of going off the rails if he doesn't have anyone else to filter his ideas. Granted Stranding has a co-writer, but I dont know a single thing about who this person is.

I mean in the sense that Romero was a crazy talented designer who got kicked out of his company after he went behind their backs on another project.

Death stranding IS silent hill you donut

No it isn't.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Silent Hills was canceled very early in its production, its more likely Kojima took some gameplay ideas and Norman Reedus' involvement and that was it.

It could be a remake by Bluepoint

They're outsourcing it to Activision. Gotta get that Call of Duty audience.

Circumcision storyline when? Its been killing to know wether or not that is the truth or not.

Attached: sh4_coat.jpg (220x300, 38K)

This is definitely a possibility. In which case, I hope it's not a Sony exclusive. The Silent Hill games that release on PC have essentially eternal shelf lives. Being trapped on consoles is shit. Konami are unpredictable.

I don't get excited about games anymore. Between 2014-now
>Silent Hills was cancelled
>MGSV was unfinished
>FFXV was unfinished
>Kingdom Hearts 3 was just complete underwhelming shit
What's the point in getting excited for games? Silent Hill will never come back, Metal Gear will always be dead, etc. Even FF7 remake is looking to be shit

I'd love it. He doesn't even have to be involved with the writing, just let him draw up some monster and environmental designs.

Wasn't SH: Downpour outsourced?

>yfw all the og members of team silent are working in mobile shit or probably not even working in games anymore
it's over

Yes, to Czech developer Vatra. Much like the HD Collection, Konami kept pushing them to hit an unreasonable deadline, resulting in a game that was far less polished than it should have been.

>Konami are outsourcing the next Silent Hill
It's gonna be shit.
They've all been shit.
It's just gonna be another SH2 rip-off that misses the point of SH2.

>PT and Silent Hills were completely unrelated
One was a literal "playable trailer" for the other.

Attached: thefuck.gif (220x180, 241K)

Playable Teaser, to be exact. And again, Silent Hills had absolutely nothing to do with PT in terms of story, gameplay, or anything else. It was just a teaser made by someone who had no intention of making the actual game it was supposed to be a teaser for.

>no team silent
it's gonna be shit and you know it

>Canada
I already know it's going to be shit.

I'd be happy if they just got him in for audio design.

canned project 2013 has cool artworks

Attached: 2013-12-29-silent-hill-art12.jpg (851x1200, 205K)

The trademark being filed in Canada doesn't mean the game is from Canada, but rather that Konami are covering their bases in anticipation of something.

How so? It features all the classic tells of a Silent Hill game, and Konami and Kojima had recruited staff and been working towards the game's production

DUMMY THICC.

Silent Hills never existed. Kojima was always planning on stabbing Konam in the back. Also, what "classic tells" does PT feature? You realise that not a single piece of concept art or actual content was ever created for Silent Hills? People think that Junji Ito was working on Silent Hills. He did absolutely nothing. They went out for drinks. Nothing more.

PT was going to be nothing like Silent Hills even if SH had eventually existed. Kojima himself admitted this in interviews. PT was nothing more than a promotional gimmick.

How could Konami make a more hype team than the one they had ready to go with Hills? My dream team would probably be
>Yoko Taro directs the gameplay design story structure
>David Lynch envisions the premise and presentation
>Peter Mohrbacher creature design

Attached: tumblr_o13teo3t7D1v3g8yho1_1280.jpg (1066x1600, 170K)

If it is getting outsourced, hopefully it is to Climax as they are at least somehow competent (if they weren't shut down in mean time).

Pretty much everyone who made Origins and Shattered Memories left Climax several years ago. All the writers, artists, directors, etc are gone.

God, I always wanted him to fuck my little boi pussy

oh wow another fucking silent hill game I sure am excited. we didn't have enough of those