What are the best racing games according to Yea Forums?

What are the best racing games according to Yea Forums?

If you're going to say stupid shit like Forza Horizon or Mario Kart don't even bother posting

Attached: images.jpg (600x341, 45K)

I like blur, but it's dead.

Whats the issue with Forza Horizon? it's the only "actual" racing game i play and i thinks it's very fun
tried playing other shit but it's just a snoozefest

Attached: 1557583983859.jpg (751x767, 68K)

skunny kart

WE ARE THE LAZY GENERATION

Attached: 740full-burnout-3_-takedown-screenshot.jpg (640x448, 51K)

Horizon is messy. Lots of crashes and stuff. Good and fun.

Motorsport, Project Cars and F1 games are the best for simulation.

GTAO

Burnout 3 or Trackmania Sunrise

Forza Motorsport 4 and Gran Turismo 2.

NFS: Porsche Unleashed

I prefer Revenge now, since the AI started becoming a cheating dick by the last few races in Takedown.

assetto corsa
rfactor 2
dirt rally 2.0
if you have bunch of money with literally nothing else to spend it on then iracing

Iracing

Assetto Corsa for hotlapping the burger king
Dirt Rally for fun
Mario Kart is great, fuck you OP
If you're going to race others on iRacing, remember to mute everybody

Valid opinion but Revenge's traffic check system removed most of the fun that came from racing while weaving in and out of traffic, causing it to become mindless. But I will admit I prefer revenge's ost over 3's

Racing with Ryan

Ridge Racer Type 4

It's an arcade racing that pretends to be realistic in any way shape or form, only simple minded people such as yourself could consider it fun.

I used to mock this game, but it's now one of my all time favorites. There are only three tracks, and one of them is a basic nascar loop, but it somehow stays great.
GAY BONER!

Attached: daytona.jpg (850x1185, 219K)

that one with elder people racing each other on scooters, can't remember the name, also beach buggy racing

Hmm, actually, it's this.

Attached: HSV+Adventure+Racing!+(Australia)-image.jpg (420x307, 113K)

My nigga, that game is extremely underappreciated.

I thought this game was called Nettle Adventure Racing

R4
CTR
GT2

Actually good, go play it
but play the superior ps1 version

Attached: 014633140019.jpg (2100x1532, 1.06M)

>It's an arcade racing that pretends to be realistic
how? by having lego cars racing against supercars?
>simple minded people
i think that's what it takes to enjoy simulators desu

You should try Scud Racer desu, it's better

Sim : Richard Burns Rally
Arcade : BallisticNG

Theres tons of good ones but these are the best ones by far, a mix of great gameplay and tons of user content. BallisticNG alone can be anything from a pure super fast skill based arcade racer to a mindless party game like Mario Kart except good.

The Midnight Club games are god tier

You remind me of my cousin who thinks strategy games are bad because they make him think too much

CTR

Attached: DSDComeback.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

Reading this thread makes me miss the days of collecting hot wheels and playing the games.
Any super arcadey/chaotic fun similar to those? Burnout was as close as I got but those aren't on modern systems except paradise but we don't talk about that one

GIMME FUEL
GIMME FIRE
GIMME THAT WHICH I DESIRE

Wreckfest maybe

F-Zero really has been forgotten, eh

Perfect song for that game.
You know what wasn't perfect?
That fucking twin mill race. I could never beat it without abusing the bump + respawn glitch and even then I barely won.

maybe before microtransactions

Arcade: I got Need for Speed Payback for 5 dollars the other day and I've been having fun with it. But the upgrade system is retarded
Simcade: Gran Turismo, I think my favorite might be 3 or 5
Sim: Assetto Corsa

Attached: 1375785155956.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

Why 3 when GT4 is basically that but updated?

>mtx to buy ingame currency for cosmetics everyone already has
Still having fun

Is payback any good now?
It looked interesting at first but the whole lootbox to upgrade fiasco kept me away from it. Did they ever fix it or is it still stupidly annoying to progress?

Paradise is fine. If we give a pass to Burnout 3 having 3 game modes and cheating AI we can give leeway to Paradise as well.

Outrun 2006

>had no idea how to pull off the respawn glitch
>the one time it happened I fucked up and had to restart
>had to learn the track perfectly, use Twinmill and play persudo-burnout style by steering them into walls but not hard enough to have them blow up
>just barely fucking make it like this
>literally no reward other than just another YOU WIN screen
Never been saltier, it felt good to finally beat the first videogame I ever played though.

Attached: 1558001712475.png (1024x1212, 673K)

I didn't play it when it launched but I havn't had any trouble getting upgrades without loot boxes and the loot boxes I've earned ingame have all just been cosmetic shit. That being said the upgrades are still weird match 3 random loot graph things.

Paradise was fun I'll admit. Got the platinum for it but I don't like how you (or atleast my dumbass) had to look at the map most of the race to find out where to go.
That being said, one of my favorite things to do when I'm bored now is put in paradise and drive around aimlessly with the ost playing.

Those cars were cheap but man it was so rewarding to finally beat them.
Although that final turn right before the rotating wall thing screwed me over so many times.

Trackmania

>with the ost playing.

HEY HEY YOU YOU
I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

>>literally no reward other than just another YOU WIN screen
I thought that's how you got the Twin Mill II? But the Twin Mill I was pretty much required for that race anyways.

Dirt Rally is fantastic

ridge racer type 4 is kino

For me it was those series of weird 90 degree jumps after the half-pipe. Couldn't go too fast or you would launch yourself into the second jumps pit but you couldn't go too slow or you wouldn't make it high enough.

genuinely never knew they reskinned Beetle Adventure Racing with Holdens for the AUS audiences

Attached: cover_large[1].jpg (600x438, 80K)

>If you're going to say stupid shit like Forza Horizon or Mario Kart don't even bother posting
Forza Horizon is fun you fucking retard

This guy gets it.

GTA:O

Motorstorm series, especially pic related
other anons recognize the series when I mention it, but I've never seen any actual discussion of it here

Attached: 193689-motorstorm-pacific-rift-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x928, 152K)

It really is not unless your brain is the size of a peanut, it's not even good by arcade racing standards

Those sucked too.
And the worst part was thinking you're doing pretty good that run, but then you get to the thin metal loop, and seeing another twin mill going up it right as you leave it then you panic, choke, and end up screwing up and losing the race.
Terrible feeling.

Twinmill and Twinmill II unlock at the same time, at least in the ps1 version of the game.
Never used them because even as a kid I knew they were cheap as hell being faster then everything else while also being able to take the 4x4 shortcuts.
Personal favorites were the Go-Kart, Thunderoller and the Formula 5000

>Never used them because even as a kid I knew they were cheap as hell being faster then everything else while also being able to take the 4x4 shortcuts.
You are on another plane of existence if you managed to beat the twin mill cup with something that wasn't a twin mill.
I think my main for most of the game was the Shadow Jet 2 (Which they called Stealth in the game for some weird reason) since
A) It had balanced stats which I loved
B) I had a black shadow jet 2 toy irl so I loved seeing it on the screen

DO DO DO DO DO DO DOOOO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DAYYYYYYTOOOOOONNNNAAAA
LETS GO
A
W
A
Y

LETS GO AWAY
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYTOOOOOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I enjoyed playing full auto 2 at my friends house like a decade ago

Forgot to attach pic.
Man I forgot how aged the car models look.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Midnight Club 3 was the peak balance between customization and gameplay and its a shame we will never see another.

My negro, this and split second (blur too) on the ps3 were great games

Same

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>always was interested in the motor storm games but could never find them at stores
>now its too late and the servers for all the games are dead
Talk about a forgoten franchise, didn't even get a PC spiritual successor like Rollcage and WipeEout did.

We did see another it was called Midnight Club Los Angeles

Dirt rally. thats the only good one

Read his post again

It got a spiritual sequel, it's called Onrush, it's not on PC though.

Is Project Cars 2 shit or am I playing it wrong?

I read the post just fine, Midnight Club LA was a great game.

rFactor with Initial D mods
Gran Turismo Sport

Attached: 7s42QHt_nJeRUOSW.webm (1240x504, 2.9M)

Attached: 1557055753260.jpg (480x360, 23K)

The best one of course.

Attached: 58.jpg (1000x567, 76K)

It's shit, the first one was shit too.

>ctrl+f
>no rally championship 2000

Attached: 1536096807207.jpg (780x438, 38K)

>Forza horizon is bad because arcadey
>Mario kart is bad because arcade
>Need for speed where you brake and drift any turn you see is apparently good

No need. There's actual rally games with realistic physics out now grandpa

beetle adventure racing
world driver championship
star wars racer
extreme-g
wave race
also diddy kong racing is better than mario kart by a mile

the music sucks

Daytonafags, folks. Probably don't even play the games just jerk off to the ost, same as Ridge Racerfags

Mario Kart is bad because Mario characters are cringe, if you want to mention a Nintendo racing game I'll accept F-Zero and Kirby Air Ride

Need for Speed: High Stakes

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart
You can play as Hornet so its pushed itself past GOTY to GOAT

Daytona USA
Virtua Racing
Sega Rally series
TOCA Touring Cars
DiRT Rally and DiRT Rally 2.0
Mario Kart Arcade Version
Top Gear series
Top Gear Rally (it's barebones looking these days but it was a quality Rally game on the N64)
Wipeout series
F-zero series
Ridge Racer series
Wangan Midnight Maxi Tune series
Initial D series
Lego Drome Racers (GBA version, it's one of the best handheld racing games)
Carmageddon, technically it IS a racing game.

racedriver grid

>It really is not
It really is, stop being a contrarian faggot, you're not cool because you hate the popular thing. It's almost like there's a reason Forza Horizon is highly rated. Go fuck yourself